Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Part 1
1. What is the significance of the fallen tree in the Kellers' yard?
2. Describe Joe Keller.
3. Why is Frank Lubey drawing up a horoscope?
4. How does Joe feel about Ann's visiting the family?
5. Why does Joe only read the want ads in the paper?
6. Describe Jim Bayliss' relationship with his wife.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Part 2
7. What does Bert report to Joe Keller in Act 1?
This section contains 730 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)