|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the neighborhood the day George was born?
(a) A house caught fire
(b) The water went out
(c) It rained all day
(d) Steve Deever crashed his car
2. Chris tells a story about the unit he commanded in the war. A young soldier gives him something. What is it?
(b) A letter
(c) A cross
(d) Foot rations
3. According to Chris in his monologue, what should have been born out of all the death in the war?
(a) Social responsibility
(b) A new nationalism
(c) Lingering hate
(d) A sense of religious faith
4. According to Sue, a person can never owe someone money without what?
(a) Hating himself
(b) Worrying about it
(c) Resenting them
(d) Other people knowing
5. Why does Joe go back into the house at the end of this scene?
(a) To dress
(b) To shave
(c) To eat
(d) To shower
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice did Kate give George before he left for the war?
2. According to Ann, what part of George is filthy?
3. What particular item is George disgusted that he never sent his father?
4. What is George Deever's profession?
5. What skill did Steve Deever never learn in all the time Joe knew him?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)