|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Jack and Anne the summer Jack is 20?
(a) They break up for good.
(b) They pledge to marry.
(c) They start going steady.
(d) They have a huge fight.
2. What happens to Willie and Lucy's son, Tom?
(a) He gets all A's on his report card.
(b) He gets into the college of his choice.
(c) He goes to the prom with his dream girl.
(d) He wrecks his expensive sports car.
3. What does Anne reveals as the topic of conversation the last time she had lunch with the governor?
(a) A new theater
(b) A Special Olympics event
(c) A children's home
(d) A new hospital
4. What happened to Judge Irwin's second wife?
(a) She divorced Judge Irwin.
(b) She died in childbirth.
(c) She was an invalid and died.
(d) She committed suicide.
5. What does Willie want for Tom?
(a) To study hard and get a law degree
(b) To marry a good Southern girl and settle down
(c) To spend some time in Europe
(d) To have fun he was denied as a child
6. Who tells Jack that Anne is having an affair with Willie?
7. What does Adam do after Coffee leaves?
(a) He goes out for a beer with Jack.
(b) He calls the governor.
(c) He goes to lunch with Anne.
(d) He writes his resignation.
8. Where does Anne live after her father's death?
(a) A farm in Mississippi
(b) In a townhouse in New York
(c) A small apartment in the city
(d) In the family home
9. How does Adam react to Coffee's request?
(a) He strikes Coffee and throws him out.
(b) He tells Coffee to talk to the governor.
(c) He tells Coffee he will consider his request.
(d) He tells Coffee he does not have the authority to grant his request.
10. What happens to Jack's marriage?
(a) It does not last long.
(b) He and his wife are separated.
(c) It ends when his wife dies.
(d) He and his wife have a long distance marriage.
11. Jack reminds Anne that _______________________________.
(a) Their dinner reservations are for seven o'clock
(b) She should make travel plans for Europe
(c) She needs to pick up her clothes at the dry cleaners
(d) She could have married him but refused
12. Why does Jack go to see Lucy who is staying at her sister's house?
(a) To ask her out to dinner
(b) To get Lucy to reconcile with the governor
(c) To ask her to run the new hospital
(d) To tell Lucy about the baby
13. What does Adam recall about an argument between Judge Irwin and Governor Stanton?
(a) It was about property.
(b) It was about politics.
(c) It was about money.
(d) It was about a woman.
14. What does Anne believe about her relationship with Willie?
(a) That they will be married as soon as Willie gets his divorce
(b) That they will be married in six months
(c) That they will never get married
(d) That they will be married next year
15. What does Jack recall during the trip?
(a) His college years
(b) The years when he, Adam and Anne were inseparable
(c) Playing Minor League Baseball
(d) His summers at the Landing
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie consider the new hospital to be?
2. Where does Jack spend a weekend with Adam and Anne?
3. What happened to Judge Irwin's first wife?
4. What does Anne ask Jack to show her?
5. What does MacMurfree offer to do?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)