|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie want for Tom?
(a) To marry a good Southern girl and settle down
(b) To spend some time in Europe
(c) To have fun he was denied as a child
(d) To study hard and get a law degree
2. How does Jack find out about what happened between Adam and Coffee?
(a) Judge Irwin tells him.
(b) The governor tells him
(c) Coffee tells him.
(d) Anne tells him.
3. What happened to Judge Irwin's second wife?
(a) She divorced Judge Irwin.
(b) She was an invalid and died.
(c) She died in childbirth.
(d) She committed suicide.
4. Where did Anne go to college?
5. What does Anne ask Jack to show her?
(a) The papers about Judge Irwin and Governor Stanton
(b) The architectural renderings of the new hospital
(c) Pictures of his new apartment
(d) The results of his blood tests
6. Why does Jack go to see Lucy who is staying at her sister's house?
(a) To ask her to run the new hospital
(b) To ask her out to dinner
(c) To tell Lucy about the baby
(d) To get Lucy to reconcile with the governor
7. What prompts Jack to take this trip?
(a) He visits an old college friend.
(b) He has a job interview.
(c) Anne confirms her involvement with Willie.
(d) He is in desperate need of a vacation.
8. Jack reminds Anne that _______________________________.
(a) She should make travel plans for Europe
(b) She needs to pick up her clothes at the dry cleaners
(c) Their dinner reservations are for seven o'clock
(d) She could have married him but refused
9. Why does Anne call and want to see Jack?
(a) To ask if she and Jack can get back together
(b) To convince Willie to give Anne the hospital job
(c) To convince Adam to take the position at the hospital.
(d) To borrow some money
10. How long had Jack and Anne been falling in love?
(a) 20 years
(b) For most of their lives
(c) Six months
(d) 10 years
11. Where does Jack go in Chapter 7?
(a) New York
12. Who is the pregnant girl naming Tom Stark as the father of her baby?
(a) Sibyl Frye
(b) Sara Frye
(c) Sadie Burke
(d) Lucille Burke
13. What question does Jack ask Anne?
(a) "Will you marry me?"
(b) "Why didn't you want to marry me?"
(c) "Was the judge ever broke?"
(d) "How is the judge's health?"
14. When does Jack make the decision to return home?
(a) When his hotel reservation is up
(b) When he loses his credit cards
(c) When he is able to deal with the facts
(d) When he runs out of money
15. Who does Jack marry after Anne rejects him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jack's marriage?
2. What does Anne tell Jack about how Judge Irwin solved his money problems?
3. What does Anne eventually decide about marriage to Jack?
4. What happens to Willie and Lucy's son, Tom?
5. What bombshell does Jack drop on Anne?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)