|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Judge Irwin's first wife?
(a) She divorced Judge Irwin.
(b) She died in childbirth.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She was an invalid and died.
2. What does Willie consider the new hospital to be?
(a) A nuisance
(b) A money pit
(c) A necessity for the state
(d) A monument to himself
3. What does the father of the answer to #155 demand of Willie Stark?
(a) That Tom pays for an abortion
(b) That Tom pays support
(c) That Tom agrees to an adoption
(d) That Tom marry his daughter
4. What does Jack do after Anne makes her decision?
(a) Decides to go into politics
(b) Takes a long vacation
(c) Decides to go to grad school
(d) Struggles to find what he wants to do with his life
5. Why does Anne call and want to see Jack?
(a) To convince Willie to give Anne the hospital job
(b) To borrow some money
(c) To convince Adam to take the position at the hospital.
(d) To ask if she and Jack can get back together
6. Who is with Adam at the time of Coffee's visit?
7. What does Anne ask Jack to show her?
(a) The papers about Judge Irwin and Governor Stanton
(b) Pictures of his new apartment
(c) The architectural renderings of the new hospital
(d) The results of his blood tests
8. What does Jack discover about the wealth of Judge Irwin's second wife?
(a) She had cut the judge out of her will.
(b) She is very frugal and dies with most of her money untouched.
(c) She had been left a lot of money but spent it by the time she married the judge.
(d) She invests well and becomes an even wealthier woman.
9. What does Willie want for Tom?
(a) To spend some time in Europe
(b) To marry a good Southern girl and settle down
(c) To study hard and get a law degree
(d) To have fun he was denied as a child
10. Why does Duffy want Gummy Larson to do the construction job on the hospital?
(a) Because he submits the lowest bid
(b) Because he has good business references
(c) To sell out his old boss, MacMurfee
(d) To employ Duffy's son-in-law
11. What is Anne's marital status now?
(a) She is separated.
(b) She has never married.
(c) She is divorced.
(d) She is widowed.
12. Who confirms the fact that Anne is having an affair with Willie?
13. What does Jack convince Adam to do about Coffee?
(a) Have a drink and calm down.
(b) Sleep on it.
(c) Tear up his resignation and have Coffee arrested.
(d) Get out of town for a few days.
14. Jack reminds Anne that _______________________________.
(a) She should make travel plans for Europe
(b) She could have married him but refused
(c) Their dinner reservations are for seven o'clock
(d) She needs to pick up her clothes at the dry cleaners
15. What does Willie say about interfering in the management of the hospital?
(a) He has not intention of interfering.
(b) He will hold monthly update meetings.
(c) He will be a very hands-on administrator.
(d) He will only want to know bottom line results.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mortimer L. Littlepaugh?
2. How long had Jack and Anne been falling in love?
3. Where did Anne go to college?
4. What happens to Willie and Lucy's son, Tom?
5. What does Willie tell Adam about the hospital plans?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)