|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack find out about what happened between Adam and Coffee?
(a) Coffee tells him.
(b) Judge Irwin tells him.
(c) The governor tells him
(d) Anne tells him.
2. Who does Gummy Larson send to see Adam in Chapter 8?
(a) Harold Coffee
(b) Herbert Coffee
(c) Howard Coffee
(d) Hubert Coffee
3. Why can Willie not marry Anne now?
(a) Because he wants to wait until Tom has graduated
(b) Because he is trying to get his marriage annulled
(c) Because his divorce is not final
(d) Because a divorce would hurt him politically right now
4. What do Jack and Anne continue to discuss as the years progress?
(a) New cars
(d) Grant money
5. What is another reason Jack is taking this trip?
(a) He is considering moving to another city.
(b) He wants to check on some of his rental property.
(c) He has relatives he has not seen for a long time.
(d) He feels he had handed Anne over to Willie.
6. What is Anne's marital status now?
(a) She is divorced.
(b) She is widowed.
(c) She is separated.
(d) She has never married.
7. What does the father of the answer to #155 demand of Willie Stark?
(a) That Tom marry his daughter
(b) That Tom pays support
(c) That Tom pays for an abortion
(d) That Tom agrees to an adoption
8. Why does Jack fear for Anne in her involvement with the governor?
(a) She might be hurt.
(b) She will put her healthy in jeopardy by working long hours.
(c) She should not get involved in politics.
(d) She will be fired
9. How long had Jack and Anne been falling in love?
(a) 10 years
(b) For most of their lives
(c) Six months
(d) 20 years
10. Who is to secure the answer to #114 for Willie?
(a) Jack Burden
(b) Lucy Stark
(c) Mrs. Burden
(d) Judge Irwin
11. What does Jack do after Anne makes her decision?
(a) Struggles to find what he wants to do with his life
(b) Decides to go to grad school
(c) Decides to go into politics
(d) Takes a long vacation
12. What does MacMurfree offer to do?
(a) Help find some dirt on the father mentioned in #156
(b) Give Tom a job so he can marry the girl
(c) Connect the girl to a good obstetrician
(d) Pay for the girl's abortion
13. What does Willie say about interfering in the management of the hospital?
(a) He has not intention of interfering.
(b) He will hold monthly update meetings.
(c) He will only want to know bottom line results.
(d) He will be a very hands-on administrator.
14. When does Jack make the decision to return home?
(a) When he loses his credit cards
(b) When his hotel reservation is up
(c) When he is able to deal with the facts
(d) When he runs out of money
15. What is the best approach to secure the answer to #114?
(a) The promise of a good salary
(b) The promise of stock options
(c) The promise of a country club membership
(d) The promise of an opportunity to do good
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jack spend a weekend with Adam and Anne?
2. What happens to Jack's marriage?
3. How do Adam, Anne and Jack spend the evening?
4. What happens to Willie and Lucy's son, Tom?
5. What does Jack finally ask Anne?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)