|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adam recall about an argument between Judge Irwin and Governor Stanton?
(a) It was about a woman.
(b) It was about money.
(c) It was about politics.
(d) It was about property.
2. What happens to Willie and Lucy's son, Tom?
(a) He goes to the prom with his dream girl.
(b) He wrecks his expensive sports car.
(c) He gets into the college of his choice.
(d) He gets all A's on his report card.
3. What interrupts the only opportunity Jack and Anne had to be intimate?
(a) Anne's roommate gets upsetting news from home.
(b) Anne gets a phone call from her mother.
(c) Jack's fraternity brothers barge in on them.
(d) Jack's parents return home.
4. Who is the pregnant girl naming Tom Stark as the father of her baby?
(a) Sibyl Frye
(b) Sadie Burke
(c) Sara Frye
(d) Lucille Burke
5. Why is Anne depressed?
(a) Her best friend has cancer.
(b) She wishes she had married Jack.
(c) She has not done anything with her life.
(d) She has lost her job.
6. What happened to Judge Irwin's first wife?
(a) She committed suicide.
(b) She was an invalid and died.
(c) She divorced Judge Irwin.
(d) She died in childbirth.
7. What does Adam do after Coffee leaves?
(a) He calls the governor.
(b) He goes out for a beer with Jack.
(c) He goes to lunch with Anne.
(d) He writes his resignation.
8. What do Jack and Anne continue to discuss as the years progress?
(c) Grant money
(d) New cars
9. Where does Anne live after her father's death?
(a) In the family home
(b) A farm in Mississippi
(c) In a townhouse in New York
(d) A small apartment in the city
10. What does Anne believe about her relationship with Willie?
(a) That they will be married next year
(b) That they will never get married
(c) That they will be married in six months
(d) That they will be married as soon as Willie gets his divorce
11. What does Anne do when her father becomes an invalid?
(a) She sends him to live with relatives.
(b) She puts him in a long-term care facility.
(c) She hires a full-time nurse to care for him.
(d) She takes care of him until he dies.
12. What does Lucy think about Tom?
(a) He is selfless and giving.
(b) He is the best son a mother could have.
(c) He has a charming personality.
(d) He is wild, selfish and idle.
13. What does MacMurfree offer to do?
(a) Connect the girl to a good obstetrician
(b) Pay for the girl's abortion
(c) Help find some dirt on the father mentioned in #156
(d) Give Tom a job so he can marry the girl
14. What does Willie tell Adam to do?
(a) Send in his resume
(b) Start picking his staff
(c) Check out other hospitals
(d) Attend hospital construction meetings
15. What is Jack's method of travel?
(a) He takes a bus.
(b) He drives.
(c) He takes a plane.
(d) He takes a train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Jack that Anne is having an affair with Willie?
2. What does Anne tell Jack about how Judge Irwin solved his money problems?
3. Who does Gummy Larson send to see Adam in Chapter 8?
4. What does Lucy want Tom to do?
5. What does Willie say about interfering in the management of the hospital?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)