|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Jack's historical research project in Chapter 5?
(a) World War I prisoner camps
(b) Civil War battlefields
(c) Revolutionary War munitions
(d) Judge Irwin's past
2. What is the best approach to secure the answer to #114?
(a) The promise of stock options
(b) The promise of an opportunity to do good
(c) The promise of a good salary
(d) The promise of a country club membership
3. What does Willie tell Adam to do?
(a) Send in his resume
(b) Start picking his staff
(c) Check out other hospitals
(d) Attend hospital construction meetings
4. Why does Jack fear for Anne in her involvement with the governor?
(a) She should not get involved in politics.
(b) She will be fired
(c) She will put her healthy in jeopardy by working long hours.
(d) She might be hurt.
5. What does Willie say about interfering in the management of the hospital?
(a) He has not intention of interfering.
(b) He will be a very hands-on administrator.
(c) He will only want to know bottom line results.
(d) He will hold monthly update meetings.
6. What does MacMurfree offer to do?
(a) Connect the girl to a good obstetrician
(b) Pay for the girl's abortion
(c) Help find some dirt on the father mentioned in #156
(d) Give Tom a job so he can marry the girl
7. What is Anne's marital status now?
(a) She is widowed.
(b) She is divorced.
(c) She is separated.
(d) She has never married.
8. Why does Anne call and want to see Jack?
(a) To borrow some money
(b) To ask if she and Jack can get back together
(c) To convince Adam to take the position at the hospital.
(d) To convince Willie to give Anne the hospital job
9. Who tells Jack that Anne is having an affair with Willie?
10. What does Anne do when her father becomes an invalid?
(a) She takes care of him until he dies.
(b) She puts him in a long-term care facility.
(c) She hires a full-time nurse to care for him.
(d) She sends him to live with relatives.
11. Where does Jack spend a weekend with Adam and Anne?
(b) New Orleans
(c) The Landing
12. Who is Mortimer L. Littlepaugh?
(a) Dean of the University of Mississippi
(b) CEO of BellSouth
(c) Attorney for the American Electric Power Company
(d) President of the Civil Liberties Union
13. What does Jack do after Anne makes her decision?
(a) Decides to go to grad school
(b) Takes a long vacation
(c) Decides to go into politics
(d) Struggles to find what he wants to do with his life
14. What happened to Judge Irwin's first wife?
(a) She died in childbirth.
(b) She was an invalid and died.
(c) She divorced Judge Irwin.
(d) She committed suicide.
15. Who is to secure the answer to #114 for Willie?
(a) Lucy Stark
(b) Jack Burden
(c) Judge Irwin
(d) Mrs. Burden
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adam recall about an argument between Judge Irwin and Governor Stanton?
2. What does Jack convince Adam to do about Coffee?
3. How does Adam react to Coffee's request?
4. What is Jack's method of travel?
5. What is another reason Jack is taking this trip?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)