|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Willie and Lucy's son, Tom?
(a) He wrecks his expensive sports car.
(b) He gets all A's on his report card.
(c) He goes to the prom with his dream girl.
(d) He gets into the college of his choice.
2. What does the father of the answer to #155 demand of Willie Stark?
(a) That Tom pays support
(b) That Tom pays for an abortion
(c) That Tom marry his daughter
(d) That Tom agrees to an adoption
3. What puzzles Jack about the hospital discussion?
(a) He wonders who the major contributors are for the hospital fund.
(b) He wonders why the construction schedule isn't more aggressive.
(c) He does not know how Anne knew that Adam had been asked to head up the hospital.
(d) He wonders where all the money is going.
4. Why does Anne call and want to see Jack?
(a) To borrow some money
(b) To ask if she and Jack can get back together
(c) To convince Willie to give Anne the hospital job
(d) To convince Adam to take the position at the hospital.
5. How do Adam, Anne and Jack spend the evening?
(a) They read in the library.
(b) They go to a new restaurant.
(c) Adam plays the piano and they dance.
(d) They go to see a play.
6. What is the best approach to secure the answer to #114?
(a) The promise of an opportunity to do good
(b) The promise of a country club membership
(c) The promise of a good salary
(d) The promise of stock options
7. What happens to Jack's marriage?
(a) He and his wife are separated.
(b) It does not last long.
(c) He and his wife have a long distance marriage.
(d) It ends when his wife dies.
8. What does Anne reveals as the topic of conversation the last time she had lunch with the governor?
(a) A new theater
(b) A Special Olympics event
(c) A children's home
(d) A new hospital
9. What question does Jack ask Anne?
(a) "Will you marry me?"
(b) "Why didn't you want to marry me?"
(c) "Was the judge ever broke?"
(d) "How is the judge's health?"
10. What does Anne believe about her relationship with Willie?
(a) That they will be married in six months
(b) That they will be married as soon as Willie gets his divorce
(c) That they will be married next year
(d) That they will never get married
11. Who tells Jack that Anne is having an affair with Willie?
12. What does Jack do after Anne makes her decision?
(a) Decides to go to grad school
(b) Decides to go into politics
(c) Struggles to find what he wants to do with his life
(d) Takes a long vacation
13. Who does Jack marry after Anne rejects him?
14. What is Jack's method of travel?
(a) He takes a plane.
(b) He drives.
(c) He takes a bus.
(d) He takes a train.
15. Why does Duffy want Gummy Larson to do the construction job on the hospital?
(a) To sell out his old boss, MacMurfee
(b) Because he has good business references
(c) Because he submits the lowest bid
(d) To employ Duffy's son-in-law
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie tell Adam to do?
2. Who does Gummy Larson send to see Adam in Chapter 8?
3. What does Jack discover about the wealth of Judge Irwin's second wife?
4. Who is to secure the answer to #114 for Willie?
5. What does Anne do when her father becomes an invalid?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)