|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does MacMurfree offer to do?
(a) Help find some dirt on the father mentioned in #156
(b) Connect the girl to a good obstetrician
(c) Pay for the girl's abortion
(d) Give Tom a job so he can marry the girl
2. What does Gummy want from Adam?
(a) A private appointment for his son
(b) The hospital construction contract
(c) A hospital wing named after him
(d) A job for his daughter
3. What does Willie consider the new hospital to be?
(a) A necessity for the state
(b) A monument to himself
(c) A money pit
(d) A nuisance
4. What interrupts the only opportunity Jack and Anne had to be intimate?
(a) Jack's fraternity brothers barge in on them.
(b) Anne gets a phone call from her mother.
(c) Anne's roommate gets upsetting news from home.
(d) Jack's parents return home.
5. Who does Jack marry after Anne rejects him?
6. What else does Jack's mother tell Jack about Judge Irwin?
(a) Judge Irwin was killed in a car accident.
(b) Judge Irwin has had a heart attack.
(c) Judge Irwin has killed himself.
(d) Judge Irwin has shot Willie Stark.
7. What leads Jack to believe that Judge Irwin got a huge influx of cash at some point?
(a) The judge buys priceless art.
(b) The judge pays off his $44,000 mortgage in 1914.
(c) The judge refurnishes his home in antiques.
(d) The judge builds a brand new home.
8. Why does Jack fear for Anne in her involvement with the governor?
(a) She will put her healthy in jeopardy by working long hours.
(b) She might be hurt.
(c) She will be fired
(d) She should not get involved in politics.
9. What happened to Judge Irwin's second wife?
(a) She died in childbirth.
(b) She divorced Judge Irwin.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She was an invalid and died.
10. Who tells Jack that Anne is having an affair with Willie?
11. What does Willie say about interfering in the management of the hospital?
(a) He has not intention of interfering.
(b) He will only want to know bottom line results.
(c) He will be a very hands-on administrator.
(d) He will hold monthly update meetings.
12. What does Jack finally ask Anne?
(a) Why she got involved with Willie
(b) Why she will not marry him now
(c) Why she never left this small town
(d) Why she did not want to marry him
13. Why can Willie not marry Anne now?
(a) Because he is trying to get his marriage annulled
(b) Because he wants to wait until Tom has graduated
(c) Because a divorce would hurt him politically right now
(d) Because his divorce is not final
14. Who is to secure the answer to #114 for Willie?
(a) Judge Irwin
(b) Jack Burden
(c) Mrs. Burden
(d) Lucy Stark
15. What does Anne ask Jack to show her?
(a) The results of his blood tests
(b) Pictures of his new apartment
(c) The papers about Judge Irwin and Governor Stanton
(d) The architectural renderings of the new hospital
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Judge Irwin get Mortimer L. Littlepaugh's job?
2. How long had Jack and Anne been falling in love?
3. What happened to Judge Irwin's first wife?
4. What does Anne believe about her relationship with Willie?
5. What puzzles Jack about the hospital discussion?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)