|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne reveals as the topic of conversation the last time she had lunch with the governor?
(a) A new theater
(b) A new hospital
(c) A children's home
(d) A Special Olympics event
2. What does Anne eventually decide about marriage to Jack?
(a) She decides that she will marry Jack when the time is right.
(b) She decides that she will marry Jack but will not expect it to last.
(c) She decides to marry Jack the next time he asks her.
(d) She decides she does not want to marry Jack.
3. What is another reason Jack is taking this trip?
(a) He wants to check on some of his rental property.
(b) He is considering moving to another city.
(c) He has relatives he has not seen for a long time.
(d) He feels he had handed Anne over to Willie.
4. What question does Jack ask Anne?
(a) "Was the judge ever broke?"
(b) "Why didn't you want to marry me?"
(c) "Will you marry me?"
(d) "How is the judge's health?"
5. Who confirms the fact that Anne is having an affair with Willie?
6. Where does Jack spend a weekend with Adam and Anne?
(b) The Landing
(c) New Orleans
7. When does Jack make the decision to return home?
(a) When his hotel reservation is up
(b) When he loses his credit cards
(c) When he is able to deal with the facts
(d) When he runs out of money
8. What does Lucy want Tom to do?
(a) Deny that the child is his
(b) Marry the girl
(c) Break up with the girl
(d) Pay for the girl's abortion
9. What happens between Jack and Anne the summer Jack is 20?
(a) They have a huge fight.
(b) They pledge to marry.
(c) They break up for good.
(d) They start going steady.
10. How does Jack find out about what happened between Adam and Coffee?
(a) Anne tells him.
(b) Judge Irwin tells him.
(c) Coffee tells him.
(d) The governor tells him
11. What happened to Judge Irwin's second wife?
(a) She died in childbirth.
(b) She was an invalid and died.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She divorced Judge Irwin.
12. What is Anne's marital status now?
(a) She is widowed.
(b) She is divorced.
(c) She is separated.
(d) She has never married.
13. What else does Jack's mother tell Jack about Judge Irwin?
(a) Judge Irwin has had a heart attack.
(b) Judge Irwin has killed himself.
(c) Judge Irwin was killed in a car accident.
(d) Judge Irwin has shot Willie Stark.
14. Where did Anne go to college?
15. How did Judge Irwin get Mortimer L. Littlepaugh's job?
(a) He hosted cocktail parties for the company executives.
(b) He invested a large sum in the company's stock.
(c) He invited the company CEO for a golf weekend.
(d) He took a bribe to make a ruling on a lawsuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adam recall about an argument between Judge Irwin and Governor Stanton?
2. What does Willie tell Adam to do?
3. What does Gummy want from Adam?
4. What does Anne ask Jack to show her?
5. Who is Mortimer L. Littlepaugh?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)