|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Judge Irwin's first wife?
(a) She died in childbirth.
(b) She was an invalid and died.
(c) She divorced Judge Irwin.
(d) She committed suicide.
2. What is the best approach to secure the answer to #114?
(a) The promise of a good salary
(b) The promise of a country club membership
(c) The promise of stock options
(d) The promise of an opportunity to do good
3. What is Jack's method of travel?
(a) He takes a train.
(b) He takes a plane.
(c) He drives.
(d) He takes a bus.
4. How did Judge Irwin get Mortimer L. Littlepaugh's job?
(a) He invested a large sum in the company's stock.
(b) He invited the company CEO for a golf weekend.
(c) He hosted cocktail parties for the company executives.
(d) He took a bribe to make a ruling on a lawsuit.
5. What prompts Jack to take this trip?
(a) He has a job interview.
(b) Anne confirms her involvement with Willie.
(c) He is in desperate need of a vacation.
(d) He visits an old college friend.
6. Why does Duffy want Gummy Larson to do the construction job on the hospital?
(a) Because he has good business references
(b) Because he submits the lowest bid
(c) To sell out his old boss, MacMurfee
(d) To employ Duffy's son-in-law
7. Where does Jack spend a weekend with Adam and Anne?
(a) The Landing
(c) New Orleans
8. What does Willie want for Tom?
(a) To have fun he was denied as a child
(b) To spend some time in Europe
(c) To study hard and get a law degree
(d) To marry a good Southern girl and settle down
9. What does MacMurfree want in return?
(a) He wants the governor to approve his brother-in-law's bid on a big construction project
(b) He wants the child to be named after him
(c) The governor's endorsement when MacMurfee runs for the Senate
(d) He wants nothing in return
10. Why does Jack fear for Anne in her involvement with the governor?
(a) She should not get involved in politics.
(b) She will be fired
(c) She might be hurt.
(d) She will put her healthy in jeopardy by working long hours.
11. Who does Jack marry after Anne rejects him?
12. What does MacMurfree offer to do?
(a) Give Tom a job so he can marry the girl
(b) Connect the girl to a good obstetrician
(c) Help find some dirt on the father mentioned in #156
(d) Pay for the girl's abortion
13. What do Adam and Willie discuss when Jack and Willie go to Adam's apartment?
(a) Their former girlfriends
(b) Goodness and badness
(c) The baseball scores from last night
(d) The rumors of war in Europe
14. Why is Anne depressed?
(a) She has lost her job.
(b) Her best friend has cancer.
(c) She has not done anything with her life.
(d) She wishes she had married Jack.
15. What does Anne reveals as the topic of conversation the last time she had lunch with the governor?
(a) A new hospital
(b) A children's home
(c) A new theater
(d) A Special Olympics event
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne believe about her relationship with Willie?
2. What bombshell does Jack drop on Anne?
3. What does Anne ask Jack to show her?
4. What does Jack do after Anne makes her decision?
5. What happens to Mortimer L. Littlepaugh?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)