|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Adam and Willie discuss when Jack and Willie go to Adam's apartment?
(a) The baseball scores from last night
(b) Goodness and badness
(c) Their former girlfriends
(d) The rumors of war in Europe
2. What happens to Mortimer L. Littlepaugh?
(a) He is in a car accident and dies.
(b) He has a heart attack and dies.
(c) He is hit by a bus and dies.
(d) He falls from a fifth story hotel window and dies.
3. What does Adam recall about an argument between Judge Irwin and Governor Stanton?
(a) It was about a woman.
(b) It was about politics.
(c) It was about money.
(d) It was about property.
4. Who is with Adam at the time of Coffee's visit?
5. Why does Anne call and want to see Jack?
(a) To convince Willie to give Anne the hospital job
(b) To convince Adam to take the position at the hospital.
(c) To ask if she and Jack can get back together
(d) To borrow some money
6. Who is to secure the answer to #114 for Willie?
(a) Judge Irwin
(b) Jack Burden
(c) Lucy Stark
(d) Mrs. Burden
7. What does Anne eventually decide about marriage to Jack?
(a) She decides to marry Jack the next time he asks her.
(b) She decides that she will marry Jack when the time is right.
(c) She decides that she will marry Jack but will not expect it to last.
(d) She decides she does not want to marry Jack.
8. What does Anne reveals as the topic of conversation the last time she had lunch with the governor?
(a) A Special Olympics event
(b) A new theater
(c) A new hospital
(d) A children's home
9. What is the best approach to secure the answer to #114?
(a) The promise of a country club membership
(b) The promise of a good salary
(c) The promise of an opportunity to do good
(d) The promise of stock options
10. Why does Jack fear for Anne in her involvement with the governor?
(a) She should not get involved in politics.
(b) She will be fired
(c) She will put her healthy in jeopardy by working long hours.
(d) She might be hurt.
11. How does Adam react to Coffee's request?
(a) He tells Coffee he does not have the authority to grant his request.
(b) He tells Coffee to talk to the governor.
(c) He strikes Coffee and throws him out.
(d) He tells Coffee he will consider his request.
12. What does Jack's mother reveal to Jack about Judge Irwin
(a) Judge Irwin is actually Jack's father.
(b) Judge Irwin is in love with Willie Stark.
(c) Judge Irwin is in love with her.
(d) Judge Irwin is having an affair with Lucy Stark.
13. What does Jack convince Adam to do about Coffee?
(a) Have a drink and calm down.
(b) Sleep on it.
(c) Get out of town for a few days.
(d) Tear up his resignation and have Coffee arrested.
14. How do Adam, Anne and Jack spend the evening?
(a) They read in the library.
(b) Adam plays the piano and they dance.
(c) They go to see a play.
(d) They go to a new restaurant.
15. Where does Anne live after her father's death?
(a) In the family home
(b) In a townhouse in New York
(c) A small apartment in the city
(d) A farm in Mississippi
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack find out about what happened between Adam and Coffee?
2. What does Anne believe about her relationship with Willie?
3. What does Gummy want from Adam?
4. What happened to Judge Irwin's first wife?
5. To whom does Mortimer L. Littlepaugh give a letter the night before he dies?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)