|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gummy Larson send to see Adam in Chapter 8?
(a) Hubert Coffee
(b) Harold Coffee
(c) Herbert Coffee
(d) Howard Coffee
2. How do Adam, Anne and Jack spend the evening?
(a) They go to see a play.
(b) Adam plays the piano and they dance.
(c) They read in the library.
(d) They go to a new restaurant.
3. Why is Anne depressed?
(a) Her best friend has cancer.
(b) She has lost her job.
(c) She has not done anything with her life.
(d) She wishes she had married Jack.
4. Where does Jack spend a weekend with Adam and Anne?
(a) New Orleans
(b) The Landing
5. How did Judge Irwin get Mortimer L. Littlepaugh's job?
(a) He invested a large sum in the company's stock.
(b) He hosted cocktail parties for the company executives.
(c) He invited the company CEO for a golf weekend.
(d) He took a bribe to make a ruling on a lawsuit.
6. To whom does Mortimer L. Littlepaugh give a letter the night before he dies?
(a) His sister, Miss Lily Mae Littlepaugh
(b) Governor Stanton
(c) Judge Irwin
(d) His brother, Clayton A. Littlepaugh
7. What does Willie tell Adam to do?
(a) Start picking his staff
(b) Check out other hospitals
(c) Send in his resume
(d) Attend hospital construction meetings
8. What does Jack finally ask Anne?
(a) Why she never left this small town
(b) Why she did not want to marry him
(c) Why she will not marry him now
(d) Why she got involved with Willie
9. What does Willie consider the new hospital to be?
(a) A necessity for the state
(b) A monument to himself
(c) A money pit
(d) A nuisance
10. What does Anne eventually decide about marriage to Jack?
(a) She decides that she will marry Jack when the time is right.
(b) She decides to marry Jack the next time he asks her.
(c) She decides she does not want to marry Jack.
(d) She decides that she will marry Jack but will not expect it to last.
11. Why can Willie not marry Anne now?
(a) Because a divorce would hurt him politically right now
(b) Because his divorce is not final
(c) Because he wants to wait until Tom has graduated
(d) Because he is trying to get his marriage annulled
12. What bombshell does Jack drop on Anne?
(a) Jack is going to marry someone else.
(b) Judge Irwin had taken a bribe and her father, Governor Stanton, was implicated
(c) Jack is moving to New York City.
(d) Jack has been diagnosed with cancer.
13. Who is the pregnant girl naming Tom Stark as the father of her baby?
(a) Sibyl Frye
(b) Lucille Burke
(c) Sadie Burke
(d) Sara Frye
14. What does Willie say about interfering in the management of the hospital?
(a) He will be a very hands-on administrator.
(b) He has not intention of interfering.
(c) He will hold monthly update meetings.
(d) He will only want to know bottom line results.
15. What does Gummy want from Adam?
(a) A job for his daughter
(b) A hospital wing named after him
(c) The hospital construction contract
(d) A private appointment for his son
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father of the answer to #155 demand of Willie Stark?
2. How does Jack find out about what happened between Adam and Coffee?
3. Why does Anne call and want to see Jack?
4. What does Jack convince Adam to do about Coffee?
5. Where does Jack go in Chapter 7?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)