|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Jack's mother tell Jack about Judge Irwin?
(a) Judge Irwin has had a heart attack.
(b) Judge Irwin was killed in a car accident.
(c) Judge Irwin has killed himself.
(d) Judge Irwin has shot Willie Stark.
2. What interrupts the only opportunity Jack and Anne had to be intimate?
(a) Jack's parents return home.
(b) Anne's roommate gets upsetting news from home.
(c) Jack's fraternity brothers barge in on them.
(d) Anne gets a phone call from her mother.
3. Who confirms the fact that Anne is having an affair with Willie?
4. What does Anne tell Jack about how Judge Irwin solved his money problems?
(a) He sold most of his property.
(b) He married a wealthy woman.
(c) He took out a large insurance policy on his first wife.
(d) He got a substantial bank loan.
5. To whom does Mortimer L. Littlepaugh give a letter the night before he dies?
(a) Judge Irwin
(b) His sister, Miss Lily Mae Littlepaugh
(c) Governor Stanton
(d) His brother, Clayton A. Littlepaugh
6. What does Lucy think about Tom?
(a) He is the best son a mother could have.
(b) He is selfless and giving.
(c) He has a charming personality.
(d) He is wild, selfish and idle.
7. What is the subject of Jack's historical research project in Chapter 5?
(a) World War I prisoner camps
(b) Civil War battlefields
(c) Revolutionary War munitions
(d) Judge Irwin's past
8. What does Willie say about interfering in the management of the hospital?
(a) He has not intention of interfering.
(b) He will be a very hands-on administrator.
(c) He will hold monthly update meetings.
(d) He will only want to know bottom line results.
9. Where does Jack spend a weekend with Adam and Anne?
(c) New Orleans
(d) The Landing
10. What is Anne's marital status now?
(a) She is widowed.
(b) She is separated.
(c) She is divorced.
(d) She has never married.
11. How does Adam react to Coffee's request?
(a) He strikes Coffee and throws him out.
(b) He tells Coffee to talk to the governor.
(c) He tells Coffee he does not have the authority to grant his request.
(d) He tells Coffee he will consider his request.
12. Why does Anne call and want to see Jack?
(a) To ask if she and Jack can get back together
(b) To borrow some money
(c) To convince Adam to take the position at the hospital.
(d) To convince Willie to give Anne the hospital job
13. Why does Jack fear for Anne in her involvement with the governor?
(a) She should not get involved in politics.
(b) She might be hurt.
(c) She will be fired
(d) She will put her healthy in jeopardy by working long hours.
14. What happens to Jack's marriage?
(a) He and his wife are separated.
(b) It ends when his wife dies.
(c) He and his wife have a long distance marriage.
(d) It does not last long.
15. How do Adam, Anne and Jack spend the evening?
(a) They read in the library.
(b) They go to see a play.
(c) They go to a new restaurant.
(d) Adam plays the piano and they dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Jack ask Anne?
2. Who does Gummy Larson send to see Adam in Chapter 8?
3. What is the best approach to secure the answer to #114?
4. How long had Jack and Anne been falling in love?
5. Why is Anne depressed?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)