|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puzzles Jack about the hospital discussion?
(a) He wonders who the major contributors are for the hospital fund.
(b) He does not know how Anne knew that Adam had been asked to head up the hospital.
(c) He wonders where all the money is going.
(d) He wonders why the construction schedule isn't more aggressive.
2. What does Jack recall during the trip?
(a) His college years
(b) His summers at the Landing
(c) The years when he, Adam and Anne were inseparable
(d) Playing Minor League Baseball
3. What does Anne do when her father becomes an invalid?
(a) She takes care of him until he dies.
(b) She sends him to live with relatives.
(c) She puts him in a long-term care facility.
(d) She hires a full-time nurse to care for him.
4. What does Willie tell Adam to do?
(a) Send in his resume
(b) Check out other hospitals
(c) Attend hospital construction meetings
(d) Start picking his staff
5. Who does Jack marry after Anne rejects him?
6. Who tells Jack that Anne is having an affair with Willie?
7. What does Willie say about interfering in the management of the hospital?
(a) He will hold monthly update meetings.
(b) He will be a very hands-on administrator.
(c) He will only want to know bottom line results.
(d) He has not intention of interfering.
8. What does Jack do after Anne makes her decision?
(a) Struggles to find what he wants to do with his life
(b) Takes a long vacation
(c) Decides to go to grad school
(d) Decides to go into politics
9. What does MacMurfree want in return?
(a) The governor's endorsement when MacMurfee runs for the Senate
(b) He wants the governor to approve his brother-in-law's bid on a big construction project
(c) He wants the child to be named after him
(d) He wants nothing in return
10. Where did Anne go to college?
11. Who is the pregnant girl naming Tom Stark as the father of her baby?
(a) Sibyl Frye
(b) Lucille Burke
(c) Sara Frye
(d) Sadie Burke
12. What happens to Willie and Lucy's son, Tom?
(a) He goes to the prom with his dream girl.
(b) He gets all A's on his report card.
(c) He gets into the college of his choice.
(d) He wrecks his expensive sports car.
13. What else does Jack's mother tell Jack about Judge Irwin?
(a) Judge Irwin was killed in a car accident.
(b) Judge Irwin has shot Willie Stark.
(c) Judge Irwin has killed himself.
(d) Judge Irwin has had a heart attack.
14. Why is Anne depressed?
(a) She has not done anything with her life.
(b) She wishes she had married Jack.
(c) She has lost her job.
(d) Her best friend has cancer.
15. What does Jack convince Adam to do about Coffee?
(a) Sleep on it.
(b) Tear up his resignation and have Coffee arrested.
(c) Have a drink and calm down.
(d) Get out of town for a few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack finally ask Anne?
2. Why does Jack go to see Lucy who is staying at her sister's house?
3. What does Adam recall about an argument between Judge Irwin and Governor Stanton?
4. What does Willie consider the new hospital to be?
5. What does Willie want for Tom?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)