|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack spend a weekend with Adam and Anne?
(b) New Orleans
(c) The Landing
2. What is Jack's method of travel?
(a) He takes a train.
(b) He takes a plane.
(c) He takes a bus.
(d) He drives.
3. What happened to Judge Irwin's first wife?
(a) She was an invalid and died.
(b) She divorced Judge Irwin.
(c) She died in childbirth.
(d) She committed suicide.
4. Who is to secure the answer to #114 for Willie?
(a) Jack Burden
(b) Judge Irwin
(c) Lucy Stark
(d) Mrs. Burden
5. Who is the pregnant girl naming Tom Stark as the father of her baby?
(a) Sadie Burke
(b) Sibyl Frye
(c) Sara Frye
(d) Lucille Burke
6. What bombshell does Jack drop on Anne?
(a) Jack has been diagnosed with cancer.
(b) Judge Irwin had taken a bribe and her father, Governor Stanton, was implicated
(c) Jack is going to marry someone else.
(d) Jack is moving to New York City.
7. What do Adam and Willie discuss when Jack and Willie go to Adam's apartment?
(a) Goodness and badness
(b) Their former girlfriends
(c) The baseball scores from last night
(d) The rumors of war in Europe
8. What does Anne believe about her relationship with Willie?
(a) That they will be married next year
(b) That they will be married as soon as Willie gets his divorce
(c) That they will be married in six months
(d) That they will never get married
9. What question does Jack ask Anne?
(a) "Will you marry me?"
(b) "Was the judge ever broke?"
(c) "How is the judge's health?"
(d) "Why didn't you want to marry me?"
10. What is the subject of Jack's historical research project in Chapter 5?
(a) Civil War battlefields
(b) Judge Irwin's past
(c) World War I prisoner camps
(d) Revolutionary War munitions
11. Jack reminds Anne that _______________________________.
(a) She should make travel plans for Europe
(b) She needs to pick up her clothes at the dry cleaners
(c) She could have married him but refused
(d) Their dinner reservations are for seven o'clock
12. What does Anne ask Jack to show her?
(a) The results of his blood tests
(b) The architectural renderings of the new hospital
(c) The papers about Judge Irwin and Governor Stanton
(d) Pictures of his new apartment
13. How did Judge Irwin get Mortimer L. Littlepaugh's job?
(a) He invited the company CEO for a golf weekend.
(b) He took a bribe to make a ruling on a lawsuit.
(c) He invested a large sum in the company's stock.
(d) He hosted cocktail parties for the company executives.
14. What is Anne's marital status now?
(a) She is widowed.
(b) She is separated.
(c) She has never married.
(d) She is divorced.
15. What does Anne eventually decide about marriage to Jack?
(a) She decides that she will marry Jack but will not expect it to last.
(b) She decides that she will marry Jack when the time is right.
(c) She decides she does not want to marry Jack.
(d) She decides to marry Jack the next time he asks her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack's mother reveal to Jack about Judge Irwin
2. What does Anne do when her father becomes an invalid?
3. What does Willie consider the new hospital to be?
4. What does MacMurfree want in return?
5. What does Anne reveals as the topic of conversation the last time she had lunch with the governor?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)