|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does MacMurfree offer to do?
(a) Pay for the girl's abortion
(b) Give Tom a job so he can marry the girl
(c) Help find some dirt on the father mentioned in #156
(d) Connect the girl to a good obstetrician
2. What happens to Mortimer L. Littlepaugh?
(a) He is hit by a bus and dies.
(b) He is in a car accident and dies.
(c) He has a heart attack and dies.
(d) He falls from a fifth story hotel window and dies.
3. What does Anne tell Jack about how Judge Irwin solved his money problems?
(a) He took out a large insurance policy on his first wife.
(b) He married a wealthy woman.
(c) He got a substantial bank loan.
(d) He sold most of his property.
4. What interrupts the only opportunity Jack and Anne had to be intimate?
(a) Jack's fraternity brothers barge in on them.
(b) Anne gets a phone call from her mother.
(c) Anne's roommate gets upsetting news from home.
(d) Jack's parents return home.
5. What prompts Jack to take this trip?
(a) He has a job interview.
(b) He visits an old college friend.
(c) He is in desperate need of a vacation.
(d) Anne confirms her involvement with Willie.
6. Why is Anne depressed?
(a) She has not done anything with her life.
(b) Her best friend has cancer.
(c) She wishes she had married Jack.
(d) She has lost her job.
7. Who does Jack marry after Anne rejects him?
8. What does Willie say about interfering in the management of the hospital?
(a) He will be a very hands-on administrator.
(b) He will hold monthly update meetings.
(c) He has not intention of interfering.
(d) He will only want to know bottom line results.
9. Where does Anne live after her father's death?
(a) A small apartment in the city
(b) A farm in Mississippi
(c) In the family home
(d) In a townhouse in New York
10. Where does Jack spend a weekend with Adam and Anne?
(a) The Landing
(b) New Orleans
11. What is the subject of Jack's historical research project in Chapter 5?
(a) Revolutionary War munitions
(b) Civil War battlefields
(c) Judge Irwin's past
(d) World War I prisoner camps
12. What is another reason Jack is taking this trip?
(a) He is considering moving to another city.
(b) He wants to check on some of his rental property.
(c) He feels he had handed Anne over to Willie.
(d) He has relatives he has not seen for a long time.
13. Why does Jack fear for Anne in her involvement with the governor?
(a) She will put her healthy in jeopardy by working long hours.
(b) She should not get involved in politics.
(c) She will be fired
(d) She might be hurt.
14. What does MacMurfree want in return?
(a) He wants nothing in return
(b) He wants the governor to approve his brother-in-law's bid on a big construction project
(c) He wants the child to be named after him
(d) The governor's endorsement when MacMurfee runs for the Senate
15. What does Jack finally ask Anne?
(a) Why she never left this small town
(b) Why she will not marry him now
(c) Why she got involved with Willie
(d) Why she did not want to marry him
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Judge Irwin's second wife?
2. Where does Jack go in Chapter 7?
3. What is Anne's marital status now?
4. What is Jack's method of travel?
5. How does Adam react to Coffee's request?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)