|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie say about interfering in the management of the hospital?
(a) He will only want to know bottom line results.
(b) He will be a very hands-on administrator.
(c) He will hold monthly update meetings.
(d) He has not intention of interfering.
2. What puzzles Jack about the hospital discussion?
(a) He wonders where all the money is going.
(b) He does not know how Anne knew that Adam had been asked to head up the hospital.
(c) He wonders who the major contributors are for the hospital fund.
(d) He wonders why the construction schedule isn't more aggressive.
3. What is Anne's marital status now?
(a) She is divorced.
(b) She is separated.
(c) She has never married.
(d) She is widowed.
4. What prompts Jack to take this trip?
(a) He has a job interview.
(b) He visits an old college friend.
(c) Anne confirms her involvement with Willie.
(d) He is in desperate need of a vacation.
5. What else does Jack's mother tell Jack about Judge Irwin?
(a) Judge Irwin has shot Willie Stark.
(b) Judge Irwin has killed himself.
(c) Judge Irwin has had a heart attack.
(d) Judge Irwin was killed in a car accident.
6. When does Jack make the decision to return home?
(a) When his hotel reservation is up
(b) When he loses his credit cards
(c) When he runs out of money
(d) When he is able to deal with the facts
7. What does Jack recall during the trip?
(a) Playing Minor League Baseball
(b) His summers at the Landing
(c) His college years
(d) The years when he, Adam and Anne were inseparable
8. What does Anne believe about her relationship with Willie?
(a) That they will be married next year
(b) That they will never get married
(c) That they will be married as soon as Willie gets his divorce
(d) That they will be married in six months
9. Why does Jack go to see Lucy who is staying at her sister's house?
(a) To tell Lucy about the baby
(b) To get Lucy to reconcile with the governor
(c) To ask her to run the new hospital
(d) To ask her out to dinner
10. Why can Willie not marry Anne now?
(a) Because a divorce would hurt him politically right now
(b) Because his divorce is not final
(c) Because he is trying to get his marriage annulled
(d) Because he wants to wait until Tom has graduated
11. What bombshell does Jack drop on Anne?
(a) Jack has been diagnosed with cancer.
(b) Judge Irwin had taken a bribe and her father, Governor Stanton, was implicated
(c) Jack is moving to New York City.
(d) Jack is going to marry someone else.
12. Who is with Adam at the time of Coffee's visit?
13. Who tells Jack that Anne is having an affair with Willie?
14. What does Anne do when her father becomes an invalid?
(a) She sends him to live with relatives.
(b) She puts him in a long-term care facility.
(c) She takes care of him until he dies.
(d) She hires a full-time nurse to care for him.
15. What does the father of the answer to #155 demand of Willie Stark?
(a) That Tom pays for an abortion
(b) That Tom pays support
(c) That Tom marry his daughter
(d) That Tom agrees to an adoption
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adam recall about an argument between Judge Irwin and Governor Stanton?
2. What does Willie consider the new hospital to be?
3. Jack reminds Anne that _______________________________.
4. Who does Gummy Larson send to see Adam in Chapter 8?
5. How did Judge Irwin get Mortimer L. Littlepaugh's job?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)