|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to indicate that Lucy is not engaged in Willie's life?
(a) Lucy takes frequent shopping trips out of town.
(b) Lucy takes several independent vacations.
(c) Willie notices that she no longer has the chef prepare Willie's favorite meals.
(d) Willie finds her asleep early even with the threat of impeachment hanging over Willie's head.
2. What does Jack Burden carry with him?
(a) A pencil and paper
(b) A press pass
(c) A whiskey flask
(d) A tape recorder
3. Who is Willie Stark's wife?
4. Who is the narrator of the story?
(a) Adam Stanton
(b) Jack Burden
(c) Willie Stark
(d) Anne Stanton
5. Where do Willie and Jack go after leaving Judge Irwin?
(a) To Baton Rouge
(b) To Willie's farm in Mason City
(c) To Memphis
(d) To Biloxi
6. With whom did Adam and Anne Stanton live as children?
(a) Willie Stark's family
(b) Their godfather, Judge Irwin
(c) Jack Burden
(d) Their widowed father, Governor Stanton
7. Why is the decision made to back Willie?
(a) To split the MacMurfee vote
(b) To split the Stanton vote
(c) To split the Irwin vote
(d) To split the Harrison vote
8. Cass and his brother, Gilbert, and sister, Lavinia, were born in poverty in what state?
9. How is Dolph Pillsbury connected to the troubles with the brick kiln?
(a) Pillsbury's brother-in-law owns the kiln and Pillsbury is suspected of getting kickbacks on the school job.
(b) Pillsbury used to do the accounting for the kiln company.
(c) Pillsbury used to make bricks for the kiln company.
(d) Pillsbury is a major investor in the kiln business.
10. What happens when Jack visits his father in his small apartment now?
(a) Jack takes his father to minor league baseball games.
(b) Jack rejects his religious obsessions and his father says he will pray for Jack's soul.
(c) Jack takes his father to dinner and a movie.
(d) Jack takes food so his father will remember to eat.
11. What does Cass learn from Gilbert?
(a) How to ride a horse
(b) How to manage a plantation
(c) How to order wine in a restaurant
(d) How to speak French
12. What is the quality of Willie's speeches?
(a) They are conventional.
(b) They are not good.
(c) They are rousing.
(d) They are innovative.
13. What is the situation regarding a brick kiln and the bricks Moore would use on the awarded job?
(a) The brick kiln cannot produce the amount of bricks needed to meet the deadline.
(b) There had been a lawsuit about the inferior quality of the bricks.
(c) The kiln is located in another state and there are tax issues.
(d) The brick kiln cannot produce the correct color of bricks for the school.
14. Who recommended the school for Cass?
(a) Robert E. Lee
(b) Abraham Lincoln
(c) Ulysses S. Grant
(d) Jefferson Davis
15. In what subject did Jack pursue his Ph.D. at the university?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes Willie's campaign manager?
2. What does Gilbert do after he runs away from home?
3. How does Willie enter politics again?
4. In what year does Willie first run for governor?
5. Who does not approve of Jack working for Willie?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)