|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to indicate that Lucy is not engaged in Willie's life?
(a) Willie notices that she no longer has the chef prepare Willie's favorite meals.
(b) Lucy takes frequent shopping trips out of town.
(c) Lucy takes several independent vacations.
(d) Willie finds her asleep early even with the threat of impeachment hanging over Willie's head.
2. Why will Tiny Duffy not help Willie improve his dreadful campaign speeches?
(a) Tiny does not have any speechwriting experience.
(b) Tiny has never held a management position before.
(c) Tiny is busy organizing Willie's travel itinerary.
(d) Duffy is employed by the Harrison faction and they do not expect Willie to win, simply dilute the MacMurfee votes.
3. What do Jack and Judge Irwin make while Jack is growing up?
(a) Model airplanes
(b) Models of ancient weapons
(c) Ships in bottles
4. Who is the narrator of the story?
(a) Jack Burden
(b) Willie Stark
(c) Adam Stanton
(d) Anne Stanton
5. Which political faction covertly backs Willie's campaign?
(a) The Irwin faction
(b) The Stanton faction
(c) The MacMurfee faction
(d) The Harrison faction
6. Who was like a second father to Jack after Jack's father left?
(a) Governor Stanton
(b) Judge Irwin
(c) Mr. Stark
(d) Mr. Burke
7. How does Willie enter politics again?
(a) He stumps for a congressional candidate who is running against the candidate who is a friend of Dolph Pillsbury's.
(b) Willie runs for mayor during the next election.
(c) Willie is elected to the school board.
(d) Willie is appointed to his old position of county treasurer.
8. How did Cass die?
(a) Of old age
(b) In the Battle of Gettysburg
(c) From cancer
(d) In a military hospital in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1864
9. Why do people come to hear Willie speak?
(a) Because Willie offers free refreshments at his speeches.
(b) Because they want to hear everything they can about all the candidates.
(c) Because they're interested in anyone who opposes Pillsbury's friend.
(d) Because Willie gives prizes to anyone bringing children to the speeches.
10. Who takes over as Jack's father after Jack's father leaves?
(a) Grandfather Burden
(b) Judge Irwin
(c) Mr. Stark
(d) Governor Stanton
11. What do Willie and Jack do with Willie's father?
(a) They listen to the radio.
(b) They play cards.
(c) They eat dinner.
(d) They go hunting.
12. What does Willie want of Judge Irwin?
(a) He wants the judge to campaign for him in the next election.
(b) He wants the judge to contribute to his campaign funds.
(c) He wants the judge to support a man Willie has chosen for a senate nomination.
(d) He wants the judge to endorse him in the next election.
13. What does Willie want for his son, Tom?
(a) He wants him to be a part of all the excitement of Willie's administration.
(b) He wants him to become a professional baseball player.
(c) He wants him to go to Harvard or Yale and become a lawyer.
(d) He wants him to marry a nice girl and settle down in Mason City.
14. Cass and his brother, Gilbert, and sister, Lavinia, were born in poverty in what state?
15. Of what has White been accused?
(a) Making a deal with the Tax Lands Bureau for a kickback
(b) Cheating on his taxes
(c) Having an affair with a congressman's wife
(d) Propositioning one of the pages at the state house
Short Answer Questions
1. With what married woman did Cass become involved at Transylvania?
2. Who is Willie Stark's wife?
3. What does Cass learn from Gilbert?
4. In what year does Willie first run for governor?
5. Who recommended the school for Cass?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)