|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jack returns to his office, he finds that ______________________________ have been begun for State Auditor, Byram B. White.
(a) Impeachment proceedings
(b) Anniversary plans
(c) Reelection plans
(d) Birthday celebration
2. Who were Jack's childhood friends?
(a) Tiny Duffy and Sugar Boy
(b) Sadie and Marie Burke
(c) Willie and Teddy Stark
(d) Adam and Anne Stanton
3. To what year does the story flash back?
4. Why will Tiny Duffy not help Willie improve his dreadful campaign speeches?
(a) Duffy is employed by the Harrison faction and they do not expect Willie to win, simply dilute the MacMurfee votes.
(b) Tiny does not have any speechwriting experience.
(c) Tiny is busy organizing Willie's travel itinerary.
(d) Tiny has never held a management position before.
5. What is Willie's wife's profession?
(a) School teacher
(c) Court reporter
6. What is the quality of Willie's speeches?
(a) They are innovative.
(b) They are not good.
(c) They are conventional.
(d) They are rousing.
7. With whom has Willie been having an affair?
(a) Mary Harrison
(b) Anne Stanton
(c) Lucille Burden
(d) Sadie Burke
8. In what year does the story begin?
9. What does Willie do after he loses the election?
(a) He works his farm and studies law.
(b) He takes a much-deserved extended vacation.
(c) He becomes a school teacher.
(d) He gets a job at the state finance department.
10. What does Annabelle do when she sees Cass after her husband's death?
(a) She tells Cass to leave.
(b) She throws herself at Cass in grief.
(c) She faints.
(d) She puts her husband's wedding ring on Cass.
11. During dinner at the judge's home one night in 1933, what topic comes up as part of the conversation?
(a) Jack's school days
(b) The coming war in Europe
(c) Jack's old girlfriends
(d) Jack's job in politics and the influence he holds
12. Gilbert sends Lavinia to an expensive school in Atlanta and _____________________________.
(a) Sends for her at the holidays
(b) Takes Cass with him
(c) Gets Cass a job in a bank
(d) Sends Cass to West Point Academy
13. Who befriends Willie to keep an eye on his campaign for the Harrison faction?
(a) Lucille MacMurfee
(b) Sadie Burke
(c) Anne Stanton
(d) Mrs. Pillsbury
14. What does Willie want of Judge Irwin?
(a) He wants the judge to contribute to his campaign funds.
(b) He wants the judge to support a man Willie has chosen for a senate nomination.
(c) He wants the judge to campaign for him in the next election.
(d) He wants the judge to endorse him in the next election.
15. How many husbands has Mrs. Burden had?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack come in contact with Cass Mastern?
2. What was Willie Stark's job when Jack Burden first meets him?
3. With what married woman did Cass become involved at Transylvania?
4. Who do Willie and Jack drive to Burden's Landing to see?
5. What does Gilbert do after he runs away from home?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)