|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Jack's editor want Jack to get?
(a) The fire at the Mason City Elementary School
(b) The Mason City Fourth of July Celebration
(c) The Mason City Labor Day Beauty Pageant
(d) The politics involved in a construction contract award
2. What does Jack's mother reveal to Jack about Judge Irwin
(a) Judge Irwin is actually Jack's father.
(b) Judge Irwin is in love with her.
(c) Judge Irwin is in love with Willie Stark.
(d) Judge Irwin is having an affair with Lucy Stark.
3. How did Tiny Duffy get his name?
(a) He is a large, overweight man.
(b) He has a small intellect.
(c) He is a short, slim man.
(d) He has a tiny head.
4. Where did Anne go to college?
5. Why does Willie say he is going to fire Adam?
(a) Because of the operation that left Tom paralyzed
(b) Because Anne broke up with Willie
(c) Because he has changed his mind
(d) Because he has found someone better qualified for the job
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jack returns to his office, he finds that ______________________________ have been begun for State Auditor, Byram B. White.
2. How many husbands has Mrs. Burden had?
3. What literary technique does the author use to take the story back in time again?
4. What does Anne eventually decide about marriage to Jack?
5. How does Willie benefit from what happens at the school fire drill?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)