|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what college does Gilbert send Cass?
(a) Harvard University in Massachusetts
(b) Princeton University in New Jersey
(c) Transylvania University in Kentucky
(d) Yale University in Connecticut
2. What two major political factions run the state?
(a) The Burke faction and the Stark faction
(b) The Harrison faction and the MacMurfee faction
(c) The Irwin faction and the Stanton faction
(d) The Stark faction and the Burden faction
3. What else does Jack's mother tell Jack about Judge Irwin?
(a) Judge Irwin has shot Willie Stark.
(b) Judge Irwin has killed himself.
(c) Judge Irwin was killed in a car accident.
(d) Judge Irwin has had a heart attack.
4. What does Willie tell White after White accuses Willie of impunity?
(a) That White should take some time off.
(b) That White should never have entered public office.
(c) White has watched the rich get richer and the poor get poorer for 15 years.
(d) That White would make a good county prosecutor.
5. Where does Jack spend a weekend with Adam and Anne?
(c) New Orleans
(d) The Landing
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political faction covertly backs Willie's campaign?
2. Why can Willie not marry Anne now?
3. What does Jack do after Willie's funeral?
4. What happens to Mortimer L. Littlepaugh?
5. What does Jack Burden carry with him?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)