|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tiny Duffy get his name?
(a) He has a tiny head.
(b) He is a large, overweight man.
(c) He is a short, slim man.
(d) He has a small intellect.
2. What story does Jack's editor want Jack to get?
(a) The Mason City Labor Day Beauty Pageant
(b) The fire at the Mason City Elementary School
(c) The Mason City Fourth of July Celebration
(d) The politics involved in a construction contract award
3. What does Adam recall about an argument between Judge Irwin and Governor Stanton?
(a) It was about property.
(b) It was about money.
(c) It was about politics.
(d) It was about a woman.
4. What is Adam's condition?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is paralyzed.
(c) He is brain dead.
(d) He is in a coma.
5. What is Anne's marital status now?
(a) She is separated.
(b) She is widowed.
(c) She has never married.
(d) She is divorced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of Jack's dissertation?
2. What does Anne do when her father becomes an invalid?
3. Where does Annabelle take Phebe to be sold?
4. Who does not approve of Jack working for Willie?
5. What happens between Jack and Anne the summer Jack is 20?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)