|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Willie and Jack do with Willie's father?
(a) They eat dinner.
(b) They go hunting.
(c) They play cards.
(d) They listen to the radio.
2. What does Willie tell Jack that he is going to build?
(a) A new civic center
(b) A free hospital and health center
(c) A new state courthouse
(d) A monument in his likeness
3. Who tells Jack that Anne is having an affair with Willie?
4. What kinds of stories are surfacing at the newspaper office, The Chronicle?
(a) Stories about corruption in county courthouses
(b) Stories about segregation
(c) Stories about prohibition
(d) Stories about environmental issues
5. How does Willie benefit from what happens at the school fire drill?
(a) The people realize the corruption related to the brick quality and they should have voted for Willie.
(b) Willie gets to hire a new architect who is a friend of his.
(c) Willie is asked to work as a consultant on the rebuilding of the school.
(d) Willie gets reelected on a special emergency vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adam recall about an argument between Judge Irwin and Governor Stanton?
2. What does Willie want for Tom?
3. What does Jack do after Anne makes her decision?
4. Who steps in and offers blackmail as a tool to help White?
5. With what married woman did Cass become involved at Transylvania?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)