|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Adam, Anne and Jack spend the evening?
(a) Adam plays the piano and they dance.
(b) They go to see a play.
(c) They read in the library.
(d) They go to a new restaurant.
2. What is Anne's marital status now?
(a) She is separated.
(b) She has never married.
(c) She is widowed.
(d) She is divorced.
3. In what year does the story begin?
4. What does Willie do after he loses the election?
(a) He works his farm and studies law.
(b) He takes a much-deserved extended vacation.
(c) He becomes a school teacher.
(d) He gets a job at the state finance department.
5. Where do Willie and Jack go after leaving Judge Irwin?
(a) To Biloxi
(b) To Willie's farm in Mason City
(c) To Memphis
(d) To Baton Rouge
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack discover about the wealth of Judge Irwin's second wife?
2. What does Cass do with his own slaves?
3. Why does the Attorney General, Hugh Miller resign his position?
4. What is the quality of Willie's speeches?
5. What leads Jack to believe that Judge Irwin got a huge influx of cash at some point?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)