|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what college does Gilbert send Cass?
(a) Yale University in Connecticut
(b) Harvard University in Massachusetts
(c) Transylvania University in Kentucky
(d) Princeton University in New Jersey
2. What literary technique does the author use to take the story back in time again?
(b) Plot in reverse
(c) Plot timeline
(d) Reverse plot
3. What does Willie want for his son, Tom?
(a) He wants him to go to Harvard or Yale and become a lawyer.
(b) He wants him to marry a nice girl and settle down in Mason City.
(c) He wants him to be a part of all the excitement of Willie's administration.
(d) He wants him to become a professional baseball player.
4. To what year does the story flash back?
5. Who do Willie and Jack drive to Burden's Landing to see?
(a) Anne Stanton
(b) Judge Irwin
(c) Sadie Burke
(d) Mrs. Burden
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the situation regarding a brick kiln and the bricks Moore would use on the awarded job?
2. What does Willie tell White after White accuses Willie of impunity?
3. When Jack returns to his office, he finds that ______________________________ have been begun for State Auditor, Byram B. White.
4. Which political faction covertly backs Willie's campaign?
5. What is Judge Irwin's response to Willie's request?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)