|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Willie and Jack do with Willie's father?
(a) They eat dinner.
(b) They listen to the radio.
(c) They play cards.
(d) They go hunting.
2. What is the situation regarding a brick kiln and the bricks Moore would use on the awarded job?
(a) The kiln is located in another state and there are tax issues.
(b) There had been a lawsuit about the inferior quality of the bricks.
(c) The brick kiln cannot produce the correct color of bricks for the school.
(d) The brick kiln cannot produce the amount of bricks needed to meet the deadline.
3. What does Willie want for his son, Tom?
(a) He wants him to be a part of all the excitement of Willie's administration.
(b) He wants him to marry a nice girl and settle down in Mason City.
(c) He wants him to become a professional baseball player.
(d) He wants him to go to Harvard or Yale and become a lawyer.
4. How far is Burden's Landing from Mason City?
(a) 33 miles
(b) 130 miles
(c) 30 miles
(d) 100 miles
5. Why is the decision made to back Willie?
(a) To split the MacMurfee vote
(b) To split the Harrison vote
(c) To split the Stanton vote
(d) To split the Irwin vote
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over as Jack's father after Jack's father leaves?
2. Who do Willie and Jack drive to Burden's Landing to see?
3. How does Jack come in contact with Cass Mastern?
4. How can Willie be confident in his position?
5. Which political faction covertly backs Willie's campaign?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)