|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the city commissioners want to get the contract?
(a) Dolph Pillsbury
(b) J.H. Moore
(c) Jeffers Construction Company
(d) Burke's Brick & Tile Company
2. Who befriends Willie to keep an eye on his campaign for the Harrison faction?
(a) Sadie Burke
(b) Mrs. Pillsbury
(c) Anne Stanton
(d) Lucille MacMurfee
3. What surprising twist occurs at Willie's next speech?
(a) Willie resigns because his wife cannot withstand the rigors of the campaign.
(b) Willie tells the crowd about how he has been duped and he is resigning in order to support MacMurfee.
(c) Willie resigns before he is blackmailed.
(d) Willie resigns because he gets some bad medical news.
4. What does Jack Burden carry with him?
(a) A whiskey flask
(b) A press pass
(c) A pencil and paper
(d) A tape recorder
5. On what topic does Willie complain to Jack about Lucy?
(a) How Lucy is raising their son, Tom
(b) How much weight Lucy seems to have gained recently
(c) How much Lucy has overextended her wardrobe budget
(d) How much money Lucy is spending to decorate the governor's mansion
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Willie been having an affair?
2. What does Willie want of Judge Irwin?
3. What does the answer to #45 reveal to Willie?
4. Why is Willie's wife, Lucy, leaving Willie?
5. What literary technique does the author use to take the story back in time again?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)