|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cass and his brother, Gilbert, and sister, Lavinia, were born in poverty in what state?
2. How can Willie be confident in his position?
(a) He has helped the people in the state more than anyone else who has ever held the office.
(b) He can blackmail anyone he needs to in order to secure his position.
(c) He has the loyalty of the people all over the state.
(d) He knows how to campaign better than anyone in the state.
3. What does Willie order when everyone else orders beer?
(b) Sweet tea
(c) Orange pop
4. How does Jack confirm Willie's affair?
(a) Because Willie sends Jack to buy the woman a piece of jewelry.
(b) Because he confronts Willie directly.
(c) Because the woman storms into his office demanding to know about rumors of Willie seeing other women.
(d) Because he has seen the woman coming out of Willie's hotel room one morning.
5. During this time, Willie and Lucy have a son named __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Willie runs for the governorship in 1930?
2. To what year does the story flash back?
3. What does Willie tell Jack that he is going to build?
4. What happens when Jack visits his father in his small apartment now?
5. How far is Burden's Landing from Mason City?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)