|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Judge Irwin's response to Willie's request?
(a) He will be glad to do it.
(b) He will not do it.
(c) He will think about it.
(d) He is not able to do it.
2. How can Willie be confident in his position?
(a) He knows how to campaign better than anyone in the state.
(b) He can blackmail anyone he needs to in order to secure his position.
(c) He has the loyalty of the people all over the state.
(d) He has helped the people in the state more than anyone else who has ever held the office.
3. Why will Tiny Duffy not help Willie improve his dreadful campaign speeches?
(a) Tiny has never held a management position before.
(b) Duffy is employed by the Harrison faction and they do not expect Willie to win, simply dilute the MacMurfee votes.
(c) Tiny does not have any speechwriting experience.
(d) Tiny is busy organizing Willie's travel itinerary.
4. What do Jack and Judge Irwin make while Jack is growing up?
(a) Model airplanes
(b) Ships in bottles
(c) Models of ancient weapons
5. What do Willie and Jack do with Willie's father?
(a) They play cards.
(b) They listen to the radio.
(c) They go hunting.
(d) They eat dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Willie's career in April of 1933?
2. Who do the city commissioners want to get the contract?
3. What does Jack Burden carry with him?
4. What is the quality of Willie's speeches?
5. With whom has Willie been having an affair?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)