|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Cass die?
(a) In a military hospital in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1864
(b) In the Battle of Gettysburg
(c) From cancer
(d) Of old age
2. What does Jack think he can find to blackmail Judge Irwin?
(a) He knows that the Judge has money in Cayman banks.
(b) He knows that the Judge has an illegitimate child.
(c) He does not think he can find anything.
(d) He knows the dirt about the Judge's divorce.
3. What does Willie order when everyone else orders beer?
(a) Sweet tea
(b) Orange pop
4. Why does the Attorney General, Hugh Miller resign his position?
(a) His wife has a terminal illness.
(b) He has been diagonosed with a terminal illness.
(c) He objects to the help given to White.
(d) He can no longer keep the travel schedule necessary for the job.
5. How many husbands has Mrs. Burden had?
Short Answer Questions
1. During dinner at the judge's home one night in 1933, what topic comes up as part of the conversation?
2. During this time, Willie and Lucy have a son named __________.
3. What was included in Cass' papers?
4. How does Willie benefit from what happens at the school fire drill?
5. In what year does the story begin?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)