|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Dolph Pillsbury connected to the troubles with the brick kiln?
(a) Pillsbury used to make bricks for the kiln company.
(b) Pillsbury is a major investor in the kiln business.
(c) Pillsbury's brother-in-law owns the kiln and Pillsbury is suspected of getting kickbacks on the school job.
(d) Pillsbury used to do the accounting for the kiln company.
2. Why does the Attorney General, Hugh Miller resign his position?
(a) He objects to the help given to White.
(b) He has been diagonosed with a terminal illness.
(c) His wife has a terminal illness.
(d) He can no longer keep the travel schedule necessary for the job.
3. With whom did Adam and Anne Stanton live as children?
(a) Their widowed father, Governor Stanton
(b) Their godfather, Judge Irwin
(c) Willie Stark's family
(d) Jack Burden
4. What story does Jack's editor want Jack to get?
(a) The Mason City Fourth of July Celebration
(b) The fire at the Mason City Elementary School
(c) The Mason City Labor Day Beauty Pageant
(d) The politics involved in a construction contract award
5. Who is the narrator of the story?
(a) Anne Stanton
(b) Willie Stark
(c) Adam Stanton
(d) Jack Burden
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the city commissioners want to get the contract?
2. What happens during the next election for governor?
3. Why is the decision made to back Willie?
4. What does Willie order when everyone else orders beer?
5. How does Willie enter politics again?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)