|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which political faction covertly backs Willie's campaign?
(a) The Irwin faction
(b) The Harrison faction
(c) The MacMurfee faction
(d) The Stanton faction
2. How did Tiny Duffy get his name?
(a) He is a large, overweight man.
(b) He has a tiny head.
(c) He has a small intellect.
(d) He is a short, slim man.
3. On what topic does Willie complain to Jack about Lucy?
(a) How much money Lucy is spending to decorate the governor's mansion
(b) How much Lucy has overextended her wardrobe budget
(c) How Lucy is raising their son, Tom
(d) How much weight Lucy seems to have gained recently
4. What story does Jack's editor want Jack to get?
(a) The politics involved in a construction contract award
(b) The Mason City Labor Day Beauty Pageant
(c) The Mason City Fourth of July Celebration
(d) The fire at the Mason City Elementary School
5. What does Jack Burden carry with him?
(a) A pencil and paper
(b) A tape recorder
(c) A whiskey flask
(d) A press pass
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie want of Judge Irwin?
2. Why is Willie's wife, Lucy, leaving Willie?
3. Who do the city commissioners want to get the contract?
4. Where do Willie and Jack go after leaving Judge Irwin?
5. Who steps in and offers blackmail as a tool to help White?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)