|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprising twist occurs at Willie's next speech?
(a) Willie resigns because his wife cannot withstand the rigors of the campaign.
(b) Willie resigns before he is blackmailed.
(c) Willie tells the crowd about how he has been duped and he is resigning in order to support MacMurfee.
(d) Willie resigns because he gets some bad medical news.
2. Who is Willie Stark's wife?
3. Who do Willie and Jack drive to Burden's Landing to see?
(a) Anne Stanton
(b) Judge Irwin
(c) Mrs. Burden
(d) Sadie Burke
4. Why does Willie lose when he runs for reelection?
(a) He does not have a good record on administering city tax dollars.
(b) He does not have enough money to print campaign posters.
(c) The city commissioners start a rumor that the contractor Willie wanted, Jeffers, hired Negro workers.
(d) He runs against the mayor's very popular son.
5. With whom did Adam and Anne Stanton live as children?
(a) Jack Burden
(b) Their widowed father, Governor Stanton
(c) Willie Stark's family
(d) Their godfather, Judge Irwin
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the situation regarding a brick kiln and the bricks Moore would use on the awarded job?
2. What does Willie tell Jack to do?
3. What happens to Willie's career in April of 1933?
4. What was Willie Stark's job when Jack Burden first meets him?
5. Which political faction covertly backs Willie's campaign?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)