|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Willie benefit from what happens at the school fire drill?
(a) The people realize the corruption related to the brick quality and they should have voted for Willie.
(b) Willie gets to hire a new architect who is a friend of his.
(c) Willie is asked to work as a consultant on the rebuilding of the school.
(d) Willie gets reelected on a special emergency vote.
2. What kinds of stories are surfacing at the newspaper office, The Chronicle?
(a) Stories about prohibition
(b) Stories about segregation
(c) Stories about corruption in county courthouses
(d) Stories about environmental issues
3. Where do Willie and Jack go after leaving Judge Irwin?
(a) To Baton Rouge
(b) To Memphis
(c) To Biloxi
(d) To Willie's farm in Mason City
4. Who do Willie and Jack drive to Burden's Landing to see?
(a) Anne Stanton
(b) Judge Irwin
(c) Sadie Burke
(d) Mrs. Burden
5. What happens during a fire drill at the school two years after it is constructed?
(a) Someone pulls the fire alarm as a prank and is suspended for three weeks.
(b) The students and teachers are locked in the building.
(c) The fire drill is actually a real fire and most of the children are overcome with smoke.
(d) The brickwork collapses causing the deaths of three children and serious injury to a dozen more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willie lose when he runs for reelection?
2. How did Tiny Duffy get his name?
3. What does Jack Burden carry with him?
4. What is Judge Irwin's response to Willie's request?
5. What surprising twist occurs at Willie's next speech?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)