|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie lose when he runs for reelection?
(a) He does not have a good record on administering city tax dollars.
(b) He does not have enough money to print campaign posters.
(c) The city commissioners start a rumor that the contractor Willie wanted, Jeffers, hired Negro workers.
(d) He runs against the mayor's very popular son.
2. What is the situation regarding a brick kiln and the bricks Moore would use on the awarded job?
(a) The brick kiln cannot produce the amount of bricks needed to meet the deadline.
(b) There had been a lawsuit about the inferior quality of the bricks.
(c) The kiln is located in another state and there are tax issues.
(d) The brick kiln cannot produce the correct color of bricks for the school.
3. What is Judge Irwin's response to Willie's request?
(a) He will think about it.
(b) He will be glad to do it.
(c) He will not do it.
(d) He is not able to do it.
4. How does Willie enter politics again?
(a) Willie runs for mayor during the next election.
(b) He stumps for a congressional candidate who is running against the candidate who is a friend of Dolph Pillsbury's.
(c) Willie is elected to the school board.
(d) Willie is appointed to his old position of county treasurer.
5. What does the answer to #45 reveal to Willie?
(a) That she is very attracted to Willie.
(b) That she has been attending all of Willie's speeches.
(c) That Willie will be a wonderful governor.
(d) That Willie has been used by the Hamiltons in the campaign.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political faction covertly backs Willie's campaign?
2. Who is the woman who works for Willie?
3. What does Willie order when everyone else orders beer?
4. Why do people come to hear Willie speak?
5. How did Tiny Duffy get his name?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)