|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack think he can find to blackmail Judge Irwin?
(a) He knows that the Judge has money in Cayman banks.
(b) He knows that the Judge has an illegitimate child.
(c) He does not think he can find anything.
(d) He knows the dirt about the Judge's divorce.
2. Who were Jack's childhood friends?
(a) Adam and Anne Stanton
(b) Tiny Duffy and Sugar Boy
(c) Willie and Teddy Stark
(d) Sadie and Marie Burke
3. What literary technique does the author use to take the story back in time again?
(a) Plot timeline
(b) Plot in reverse
(d) Reverse plot
4. How did Tiny Duffy get his name?
(a) He has a tiny head.
(b) He has a small intellect.
(c) He is a short, slim man.
(d) He is a large, overweight man.
5. What is the situation regarding a brick kiln and the bricks Moore would use on the awarded job?
(a) The kiln is located in another state and there are tax issues.
(b) The brick kiln cannot produce the amount of bricks needed to meet the deadline.
(c) There had been a lawsuit about the inferior quality of the bricks.
(d) The brick kiln cannot produce the correct color of bricks for the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was like a second father to Jack after Jack's father left?
2. What kinds of stories are surfacing at the newspaper office, The Chronicle?
3. What happens when Willie runs for the governorship in 1930?
4. What does Willie order when everyone else orders beer?
5. To what year does the story flash back?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)