|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts the only opportunity Jack and Anne had to be intimate?
(a) Anne gets a phone call from her mother.
(b) Jack's fraternity brothers barge in on them.
(c) Jack's parents return home.
(d) Anne's roommate gets upsetting news from home.
2. When Jack returns to his office, he finds that ______________________________ have been begun for State Auditor, Byram B. White.
(a) Birthday celebration
(b) Anniversary plans
(c) Impeachment proceedings
(d) Reelection plans
3. What is Anne's marital status now?
(a) She has never married.
(b) She is divorced.
(c) She is widowed.
(d) She is separated.
4. What question does Jack ask Anne?
(a) "Why didn't you want to marry me?"
(b) "Was the judge ever broke?"
(c) "Will you marry me?"
(d) "How is the judge's health?"
5. How does Jack confirm Willie's affair?
(a) Because Willie sends Jack to buy the woman a piece of jewelry.
(b) Because he confronts Willie directly.
(c) Because the woman storms into his office demanding to know about rumors of Willie seeing other women.
(d) Because he has seen the woman coming out of Willie's hotel room one morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack attend the state university instead of abiding by his mother's wishes and going to Harvard or Princeton?
2. What does Adam recall about an argument between Judge Irwin and Governor Stanton?
3. What leads Jack to believe that Judge Irwin got a huge influx of cash at some point?
4. How did Judge Irwin get Mortimer L. Littlepaugh's job?
5. On what topic does Willie complain to Jack about Lucy?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)