|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tris says in the opening of Chapter 41, “I stand in the wake of what I just told everyone, which is that whoever breaks into the Weapons Lab will be going in on” what?
2. When Christina greets Tobias and Tris outside the hospital in Chapter 39, she says the doctor said he would give her how many days before taking Uriah off life support?
3. Tobias says in Chapter 48, “The reason the factions were evil is because there was” what?
4. By what nickname does Tobias recall Tris as when they first met in Chapter 52?
5. Who does Tris say “came up with a way to make the serums behave like viruses, so they could spread through an entire population without injecting everyone” in Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter say when confronted about the memory serum inoculation in Chapter 46?
2. What information does Tris reveal about the Weapons Lab in Chapter 41? What decision is reached?
3. What does learn at the council meeting in Chapter 43? Where does she go afterward?
4. What does Christina give to Tobias as they depart in Chapter 44? Why?
5. Where does Tris go outside the compound in Chapter 34? What takes place?
6. Who do Tobias, Tris and Cara go to for information about the memory serum in Chapter 39? What do they learn?
7. What consumes Tobias’s thoughts in Chapter 52?
8. Why does Tobias intend to take the memory serum in Chapter 56? Who stops him?
9. What is Evelyn doing in the opening of Chapter 51? What happens with Peter in this chapter?
10. What have been the effects of Tris’s mission in Chapter 55?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the five factions that society is divided into within the Allegiant storyline and the Divergent trilogy. What is each faction’s role within the greater society? When were the factions split up and why? What characteristics define each of the factions? When was the factionless society adopted?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the character of Tobias Eaton in the novel. What do you know about Tobias from the previous two novels in the trilogy? How long has Tobias and Tris been “a couple” in the story? How does Tobias’s character evolve in the course of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of the Bureau of Genetic Welfare in the novel. How large is this setting? How many people are housed at the compound? When was the Bureau established? What is its role in the novel?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)