|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end of Chapter 56, Tobias says, “There are so many ways to be” what “in this world”?
2. Whom does Evelyn say she can get in touch with over the radio to negotiate a peace agreement with in Chapter 51?
3. Who goes to get a gun for Tris to take on her “spy mission” with the fringe in Chapter 34?
4. Who fits Tris in a bulletproof vest in Chapter 34?
5. Who does Tris sit next to at her first council meeting in Chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does the Epilogue take place? What does Tobias do in the Epilogue?
2. What does Christina give to Tobias as they depart in Chapter 44? Why?
3. What does Tris learn about Uriah’s condition in Chapter 39?
4. What does Peter say when confronted about the memory serum inoculation in Chapter 46?
5. How does Tobias keep going in Chapter 55? What does he learn from Caleb?
6. What do Cara and Tobias see taking place on the screens in Chapter 35?
7. What information does Tris reveal about the Weapons Lab in Chapter 41? What decision is reached?
8. Who do Tobias, Tris and Cara go to for information about the memory serum in Chapter 39? What do they learn?
9. Who will help Tobias and the others get into the city in Chapter 40? How?
10. What happens as Tris and Caleb make their way to the Weapons Lab in Chapter 47?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the term “Divergent” as it is used in the novel and discuss how it applies to both Tris and Tobias. How was Tris’s Divergent status first revealed? Who else in the novel appears to be Divergent? Are they?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the history of Natalie Prior in the Divergent trilogy. In which of the previous novels did Natalie Prior appear? How did Natalie die? What did Tris come to learn about her mother before her death? What does Tris learn about her mother’s past through her journals in Allegiant?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the results of the genetic testing on Tobias and Tris in the narrative. What do Tobias’s results indicate? How do Tobias’s genetic patterns differ from those of Tris? How do each of the characters respond to the results?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)