|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Christina’s sister that Tris meets in Chapter 8?
2. What is said to be one of Amar’s favorite commands during Tobias’s initiation in Chapter 14?
3. Who is holding a handful of gauze to his bleeding arm in the beginning of Chapter 29?
4. What is the name of the guard who pulls her gun on Tris when she appears at the jail in Chapter 29?
5. What is the name of Cara’s brother that was shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the landscape outside the city walls described in Chapter 13?
2. Where does Nita take Tobias in Chapter 20? What information does she reveal?
3. Who leaves the city walls in Chapter 11? Who is killed during the attempt?
4. How are the members of the Candor and Dauntless factions described in the first chapters of the novel?
5. Who has left a note under Tobias’s pillow in Chapter 23? Why?
6. What is Nita’s reason for taking Tris and Tobias to the labs in Chapter 25?
7. What does Matthew say about Nita’s plan in Chapter 26? What does he suggest they do?
8. What was revealed on the video that Tris and Tobias aired for the people in Chicago prior to the opening of Allegiant?
9. What objectives does Cara announce at the meeting of the Allegiant in Chapter 8?
10. What are the five factions that are introduced in the novel? What was the role of the Abnegation faction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of the Bureau of Genetic Welfare in the novel. How large is this setting? How many people are housed at the compound? When was the Bureau established? What is its role in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the characters of Cara and Johanna Reyes in the novel. What is the back-story of each of these characters in the Divergent trilogy? How did Johanna Reyes come to a position of power in Insurgent? What is Cara’s role within the Allegiant?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of “perfection” in Allegiant. How did the pursuit of perfection backfire for the genetic scientists, according to David’s study? How does the staff of the Bureau hope to restore perfection to the genetic pool?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)