|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many square miles does Zoe say the city of Chicago takes up in Chapter 19?
2. What is Tobias’s last name in the novel?
3. Who is Tris’s brother in the novel?
4. What is the name of the war that David describes in Chapter 15 as a “civil war, waged by those with damaged genes, against the government and everyone with pure genes”?
(a) The Purity War.
(b) The Divergent War.
(c) The Colonial War.
(d) The Faction War.
5. What does Christina say happened to Tobias in the end of Chapter 28?
(a) He was sent back to the city.
(b) He was hanged.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He was arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tris makes plans with Christina and Uriah to meet in the alley at what time in Chapter 8?
2. Who stands beside Tris at the hospital in the beginning of Chapter 30?
3. Whose journal has Tris been spending her time reading in Chapter 21?
4. What does Nita say the tattoo on her back is of in Chapter 20?
5. What is the name of Uriah’s older brother in the series?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting established in the first chapters of the novel? What is the time period in which the story takes place?
2. What is Nita’s reason for taking Tris and Tobias to the labs in Chapter 25?
3. What do the Allegiant rebels tell Tris when they have “kidnapped” her in Chapter 7?
4. Who has left a note under Tobias’s pillow in Chapter 23? Why?
5. What were the effects of the genetic experiments that David describes in Chapter 15?
6. Who meets Tris’s group after they leave the Amity compound in Chapter 13?
7. How does Tris confront the situation between Nita and David in Chapter 27?
8. Where are Tobias and the others taken in Chapter 14? What does Tobias think of the situation?
9. Who is the narrator of Allegiant? How does the narrative perspective of the story change?
10. What does Matthew say about Nita’s plan in Chapter 26? What does he suggest they do?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)