|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from Chapter 10 refers to the fear of being enclosed in a small space?
2. What is the name of Cara’s brother that was shot?
3. What color fluid is in the vial that Nita takes from a drawer to show Tris and Tobias in Chapter 25?
4. Who is standing next to the statue at the compound when the wall behind him explodes in Chapter 26?
5. What was Edith Prior’s identity before she claimed that name?
(a) Elizabeth Dawson.
(b) Amanda Ritter.
(c) Natalie Prior.
(d) Johanna Reyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tobias’s father in the novel?
2. The sculpture that Evelyn is seen caressing in Chapter 22 is said to be made of what?
3. Who does Tobias recall having told him “about the Amity administering the memory serum to Dauntless patrols” in Chapter 25?
4. Tris describes those of the Dauntless faction as “brave but” what, in Chapter 15?
5. Tobias is given what sentence for his crimes in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting established in the first chapters of the novel? What is the time period in which the story takes place?
2. How are the members of the Candor and Dauntless factions described in the first chapters of the novel?
3. What are the five factions that are introduced in the novel? What was the role of the Abnegation faction?
4. Who has left a note under Tobias’s pillow in Chapter 23? Why?
5. What were the effects of the genetic experiments that David describes in Chapter 15?
6. Where does Nita take Tobias in Chapter 20? What information does she reveal?
7. Where does Tobias go with Nita in Chapter 23? Who does he meet in this setting?
8. What does Tris recall of the Dauntless training and job opportunities in Chapter 13?
9. How does Tris confront the situation between Nita and David in Chapter 27?
10. What external conflicts does Tris face in Chapter 26? How does the deal with them?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)