|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tobias says in Chapter 9 that he’s daydreamed his entire life of killing whom?
2. Whose journal has Tris been spending her time reading in Chapter 21?
3. Tris says in the beginning of Chapter 19, “after comparing my DNA to Tobias’s on a computer screen, I realize that “Divergent” doesn’t mean as much as I thought it did. It’s just a word for” what?
(a) “The ability to deceive others.”
(b) “Genetic impurity.”
(c) “A particular sequence in my DNA.”
(d) “Superhuman resistance to serums.”
4. Nita says in Chapter 25 that Jeanine was actually wrong and that the highest proportion of Divergent individuals was not in the Abnegation faction but whom?
(a) The Amity.
(b) The Candors.
(c) The factionless.
(d) The Erudite.
5. Who is the narrator of Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said he would go to the Hancock building early to start the generator in Chapter 7?
2. What is the factionless symbol described as in Chapter 2?
3. Who does Tris discover to be Nita’s GP informant in Chapter 26?
4. What does Christina say happened to Tobias in the end of Chapter 28?
5. What is the title David gives when he introduces himself in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tobias reveal to Tris about Caleb’s sentencing in Chapter 9?
2. Who is the narrator of Allegiant? How does the narrative perspective of the story change?
3. How does Tris confront the situation between Nita and David in Chapter 27?
4. What does Nita say her objective is with the mission presented in Chapter 25? How do Tris and Tobias respond?
5. Who leaves the city walls in Chapter 11? Who is killed during the attempt?
6. What is Nita’s reason for taking Tris and Tobias to the labs in Chapter 25?
7. What were the effects of the genetic experiments that David describes in Chapter 15?
8. What are the five factions that are introduced in the novel? What was the role of the Abnegation faction?
9. What type of trip do Tris and the others take in Chapter 19?
10. What evidence does Nita produce to prove her points in Chapter 25?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)