|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Edith Prior’s identity before she claimed that name?
(a) Natalie Prior.
(b) Amanda Ritter.
(c) Johanna Reyes.
(d) Elizabeth Dawson.
2. Who is standing next to the statue at the compound when the wall behind him explodes in Chapter 26?
3. Who is the woman that introduces herself along with Amar in Chapter 13?
4. What conviction does Marcus receive in Chapter 20?
(d) Twenty years in prison.
5. Tris says in Chapter 30 that the Abnegation faction always said that what emotion “blinds people to the truth of what they are”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tobias’s father in the novel?
2. What is the name of Cara’s brother that was shot?
3. What is Tobias’s last name in the novel?
4. Tobias is given what sentence for his crimes in Chapter 29?
5. Tris asks Christina in Chapter 24 what is going on between Christina and whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the members of the Candor and Dauntless factions described in the first chapters of the novel?
2. What evidence does Nita produce to prove her points in Chapter 25?
3. What new information does Tris learn in Chapter 24? How does she respond?
4. Where does Tobias go with Nita in Chapter 23? Who does he meet in this setting?
5. How are the members of the Amity and Erudite factions described in the first chapters of the novel?
6. What external conflicts does Tris face in Chapter 26? How does the deal with them?
7. What are Christina and Tris doing in the beginning of Chapter 7? Who do they meet?
8. What is Nita’s reason for taking Tris and Tobias to the labs in Chapter 25?
9. What does Tobias reveal to Tris about Caleb’s sentencing in Chapter 9?
10. How does Tris confront the situation between Nita and David in Chapter 27?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)