|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Uriah’s older brother in the series?
2. In Chapter 4, the narrator opens by saying, “My mother always sits on the edges of things—chairs, ledges, tables—as if she suspects she will have to” do what?
(a) “Flee in an instant.”
(b) “Hold down the gravity of the room.”
(c) “Solve a problem at any time.”
(d) “Dust them off later.”
3. Tris asks Christina in Chapter 24 what is going on between Christina and whom?
4. What is the name of the woman who will be flying the plane in Chapter 19?
5. Who is Tris’s brother in the novel?
6. What slang term does Uriah say is used for those from the Candor faction in Chapter 11?
7. What is the name of the guard who pulls her gun on Tris when she appears at the jail in Chapter 29?
8. Tris read from the journal in Chapter 21 that at the author’s Choosing Ceremony next year, she’ll have to join what faction because that’s where the killer is?
9. Who asks Tris to test her and Tobias’s genes in Chapter 17?
10. The photograph that Tris has been given in Chapter 14 is of whom?
11. What street is described as just beyond the Hancock building in Chapter 7?
(b) Park Avenue.
(c) Michigan Avenue.
(d) Lake Shore Drive.
12. Whose verdict is being decided upon in the beginning of Chapter 8?
13. Whose blood is described as being smeared on Tris and Christina’s clothing in the beginning of Chapter 7?
14. What time is it in the opening of Chapter 8?
15. What conviction does Marcus receive in Chapter 20?
(c) Twenty years in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title David gives when he introduces himself in Chapter 15?
2. Tris sees a billboard outside the city gates that advertises what brand of soda in Chapter 13?
3. What is the name of Tobias’s father in the novel?
4. What is the name of Cara’s brother that was shot?
5. The journal that Tris is reading in Chapter 22 includes letters to whom?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)