|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tris discover to be Nita’s GP informant in Chapter 26?
2. Who is Tris’s brother in the novel?
3. What time is it in the opening of Chapter 8?
4. What was the name of Tobias’s initiation instructor at the Dauntless compound?
5. Where was Christina shot during the “desperate attempt to reveal the Edith Prior video to our city,” according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the arm.
(c) In the torso.
(d) In the shoulder.
6. When Tobias takes the simulation serum in Chapter 10, he finds himself atop what building?
(a) The Sears Tower.
(b) The Walters building.
(c) The Empire State building.
(d) The Hancock building.
7. What is printed on a sign on the fence that Tris and the others pass through with Amar in Chapter 14?
(a) “Bureau of Genetic Welfare.”
(b) “Bureau of the CIA.”
(c) “Bureau of the Amity Faction.”
(d) “Bureau of Genetic Warfare.”
8. What color are the uniforms that everyone Tris sees in the hospital are wearing in Chapter 28?
9. The narrator states in the opening of Chapter 13, “The world beyond ours is full of roads and dark buildings and” what?
(a) "Cloudless night skies."
(b) "Collapsing power lines."
(c) "Fallen trees."
(d) "Bronze statues."
10. What is Tris’s last name in the novel (and series)?
11. Tris sees a billboard outside the city gates that advertises what brand of soda in Chapter 13?
(b) Pepsi Cola.
(c) Dr. Pepper.
(d) Mountain Dew.
12. What is the name of Tobias’s father in the novel?
13. Who greets Tris next to the statue in Chapter 17?
14. Whose journal has Tris been spending her time reading in Chapter 21?
15. What is said to be one of Amar’s favorite commands during Tobias’s initiation in Chapter 14?
(a) “Don’t wallow!”
(b) “Be strong!”
(c) “Be brave!”
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from Chapter 10 refers to the fear of being enclosed in a small space?
2. What word in the novel and series refers to a person who aligns with more than one of the five factions when they take their aptitude tests?
3. What is Jeanine’s last name in the novel?
4. Who is the woman that introduces herself along with Amar in Chapter 13?
5. Who stands beside Tris at the hospital in the beginning of Chapter 30?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)