• Allegiant is the third and final novel of the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth.
• This dystopian sci-fi series centers on Beatrice Prior, known as "Tris," who lives in a futuristic Chicago.
• In Tris's world, society was divided into five "factions" based upon personality traits and skills: Abnegation, Amity, Erudite, Candor, and Dauntless.
• Tris was born into the Abnegation faction, which consisted of individuals who were selfless, and the faction that controlled the government.
• In the previous two novels of the series, Tris came to realize she was Divergent, meaning one who is categorized as adequate in more than one faction, and joined the Dauntless faction.
• Tris has faced political corruption and various tensions between the factions as well as the factionless.
• Chapter 1 of Allegiant opens with Tris recounting the words of Edith Prior on a video that was released to the public by Tobias at the...
This section contains 4,545 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)