Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George Martin describe as one of his biggest hurts, during the Pepper era?
2. Which Beatles movie was produced with no assistance from George Martin?
3. In what year did George Martin receive the Britannia Award for being the top British record producer of the past twenty-five years?
4. As described early in Chapter 8, what was one of the main reasons George Martin enjoyed working with the Beatles?
5. How did the recording tape used at Capitol in 1958 differ from the tape used at Abbey Road?
If George Martin can be said to be the protagonist of his own autobiographical story, who are the main antagonists? How did George Martin overcome obstacles set before him by those antagonists? Did he, or his character, learn and grow as the story progressed?
How does George Martin string together the various periods of his life, both professional and personal, and how does he interweave more technical discussions about music, architecture, filmmaking, and technology? Chapter by chapter, how does the book flow to create a cohesive autobiography?
Describe the phenomenon, as explained by George Martin in Chapter 6, of two stereo speakers creating the illusion of sound emanating from a central point, in addition to the left and right. How did he use this phenomenon to its best advantage in his recordings?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)