|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While recording the twenty-four-bar climax for "A Day in the Life", George Martin told the orchestra to disobey a fundamental rule by doing what?
2. George Martin states, throughout "All You Need Is Ears", that major change comes to the recording industry at what general interval of time?
3. George Martin's new business, AIR, is an acronym for what?
4. During the Beatles' first trip to America, why did Alan Livingston attempt to keep George Martin away from press conferences and the limelight?
5. When ADT was first applied to John Lennon's voice, what made-up phrase did George Martin use to describe the mechanics?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the highlights and lowlights of George Martin's childhood, living in a modest flat and having limited access to formal musical training?
Essay Topic 2
How did George Martin's fairy godfather, Sidney Harrison, prove to be a major, recurring influence in his life?
Essay Topic 3
What is the main theme or themes of "All You Need Is Ears"? Is it possible for an autobiography to have a cohesive theme, without some scheming, omissions, and altering of facts by the author?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)