|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does George Martin describe the result, when a recording is overcompressed?
2. Which Beatles movie was produced with no assistance from George Martin?
3. What did George Martin believe would replace discs played by needles, at the time his book was written?
4. In the 1950s studios had A&R men, meaning what?
5. In Chapter 10, which Beatle does George Martin describe as an aural Salvador Dali?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the formation of AIR. Detail the design and construction of its first studio in London and its residential studio in Montserrat.
Essay Topic 2
What creative techniques, employed by George Martin and the Beatles, caused "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" to be regarded by many as the best album of all time?
Essay Topic 3
How does George Martin use the opening sequence in Chapter 1, featuring himself, the Beatles, and Brian Epstein in Paris, to lay the groundwork for their personalities and their relationships?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)