Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George Martin describe as one of his biggest hurts, during the Pepper era?
2. Which Beatles movie was produced with no assistance from George Martin?
3. In what year did George Martin receive the Britannia Award for being the top British record producer of the past twenty-five years?
4. As described early in Chapter 8, what was one of the main reasons George Martin enjoyed working with the Beatles?
5. How did the recording tape used at Capitol in 1958 differ from the tape used at Abbey Road?
How does George Martin use the opening sequence in Chapter 1, featuring himself, the Beatles, and Brian Epstein in Paris, to lay the groundwork for their personalities and their relationships?
Although "All You Need Is Ears" is an autobiography, the technique of foreshadowing is sometimes used by George Martin. For example, Chapters 1 and 2 both end with strong hints of what will happen in Chapter 3: the beginning of George Martin's career in the recording industry. What other examples of foreshadowing occur in the book?
Describe the unique collaborative writing style employed by John Lennon and Paul McCartney. In the opinion of George Martin, how are their individual styles unique?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)