Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George Martin describe as one of his biggest hurts, during the Pepper era?
2. Which Beatles movie was produced with no assistance from George Martin?
3. In what year did George Martin receive the Britannia Award for being the top British record producer of the past twenty-five years?
4. As described early in Chapter 8, what was one of the main reasons George Martin enjoyed working with the Beatles?
5. How did the recording tape used at Capitol in 1958 differ from the tape used at Abbey Road?
Essay Topic 1
What are the highlights and lowlights of George Martin's childhood, living in a modest flat and having limited access to formal musical training?
Essay Topic 2
How does George Martin string together the various periods of his life, both professional and personal, and how does he interweave more technical discussions about music, architecture, filmmaking, and technology? Chapter by chapter, how does the book flow to create a cohesive autobiography?
Essay Topic 3
How did George Martin's experiences, recording classical artists and comedians at Parlophone, help to prepare him for his most famous role as the Beatles' producer?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)