|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As described early in Chapter 8, what was one of the main reasons George Martin enjoyed working with the Beatles?
2. In 1979, George Martin predicted the now-common change from analog to what sort of recording?
3. The Beatles' friend, Magic Alex, came up with what hypothetical invention to replace lights?
4. At the time "All You Need Is Ears" was written, anyone wanting to become a professional record producer had what two options, according to George Martin in Chapter 12?
5. Which film won the Oscar for musical direction, in the year George Martin was nominated?
Essay Topic 1
How does George Martin use the opening sequence in Chapter 1, featuring himself, the Beatles, and Brian Epstein in Paris, to lay the groundwork for their personalities and their relationships?
Essay Topic 2
What are the highlights and lowlights of George Martin's childhood, living in a modest flat and having limited access to formal musical training?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the formation of AIR. Detail the design and construction of its first studio in London and its residential studio in Montserrat.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)