Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George Martin describe as one of his biggest hurts, during the Pepper era?
2. Which Beatles movie was produced with no assistance from George Martin?
3. In what year did George Martin receive the Britannia Award for being the top British record producer of the past twenty-five years?
4. As described early in Chapter 8, what was one of the main reasons George Martin enjoyed working with the Beatles?
5. How did the recording tape used at Capitol in 1958 differ from the tape used at Abbey Road?
Essay Topic 1
How does George Martin string together the various periods of his life, both professional and personal, and how does he interweave more technical discussions about music, architecture, filmmaking, and technology? Chapter by chapter, how does the book flow to create a cohesive autobiography?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the major achievements of the Beatles, under the wing of George Martin, that make them the most successful and influential band in rock history? What barriers did they break, shocking at the time, that seem perhaps less radical in retrospect?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 15, George Martin laid out his predictions for the next twenty-five years in music and technology. Most of those predictions have since become reality. Since "All You Need Is Ears" was published in 1979, that twenty-five year span ended in 2004, and the next twenty-five-year span has begun. What predictions might George Martin make for this next quarter century, based on your understanding of his philosophies and knowledge?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)