|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the Fleet Air Arm, George Martin was invited to appear on which BBC program?
(a) "Army Marches".
(b) "Benny Hill Show".
(c) "Navy Mixture".
(d) "Top of the Pops".
2. What reason did George Martin offer, in Chapter 1, for marrying his first wife, Sheena?
(a) Her family's wealth.
(b) Rebellion against his mother.
(c) Young love.
(d) Her singing voice.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, George Martin went to Abbey Road to visit which studio?
(d) Regal Zonophone.
4. According to George Martin in Chapter 2, what was the great challenge faced by classical composers in the late twentieth century?
(a) They must create a new sound, or else risk being categorized by the style they emulate.
(b) Finding enough talented musicians to form an orchestra.
(c) Making a living.
(d) Not being influenced by pop music.
5. In Chapter 7 George Martin and Judy took their first trip to which club, where the Beatles often performed?
(a) The Cave.
(b) The Cavern Club.
(c) The Liverpool Lounge.
(d) Studio Fifty-Four.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to George Martin in Chapter 4, why is a human voice more interesting than a synthesizer?
2. As described in Chapter 4, what are bass traps?
3. How does George Martin describe the result, when a recording is overcompressed?
4. In Chapter 5, when George Martin took over Parlophone, who offered to resign?
5. What was the name of George Martin's first band?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)