|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Beatles first signed with which publisher in America?
(a) Brian Epstein.
(b) Pete Best.
(c) Dick James.
(d) Dick Clark.
2. In what year did the Beatles first reach number one in America?
3. What two career paths did George Martin consider before joining the Fleet Air Arm?
(a) Architecture and aircraft design.
(b) Aircraft design and baking.
(c) Architecture and woodworking.
(d) Baking and woodworking.
4. Who were the four Beatles who first met with George Martin in 1962?
(a) Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Pete Best, and Ringo Starr.
(b) John Lennon, Ringo Starr, Brian Epstein, and Pete Best.
(c) Brian Epstein, John Lennon, George Harrison, and Pete Best.
(d) John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Pete Best.
5. In 1964, what function did Neil Aspinall perform for the Beatles?
(c) Tour manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mathematical relationship between middle A, the octave above middle A, and the octave below middle A on a standard piano?
2. Who are the two children of George Martin and Sheena?
3. George Martin's fairy godfather helped him to gain admission to which school?
4. Which Beatle, according to George Martin in Chapter 7, was the most proficient musician?
5. After hearing the Beatles play for the first time live, George Martin wanted to replace which musician?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)