|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The head of promotions at Parlophone was related to which other person in the book?
(a) George Martin.
(b) John Lennon.
(c) Sidney Harrison.
(d) Oscar Preuss.
2. Which Beatles song was the first to reach number one in America?
(a) "I Want to Hold Your Hand".
(c) "She Loves You".
(d) "Ticket to Ride".
3. In what year was George Martin born?
4. In Chapter 3, who was mistakenly announced to Oscar Preuss as "Mr. Arse"?
(a) Dr. Karl Haas, conductor of the London Baroque Ensemble.
(b) Dr. Karl Haas, head of EMI.
(c) Dr. Karl Oskar, head of EMI.
(d) Dr. Karl Oskar, conductor of the London Baroque Ensemble.
5. In Chapter 1, which two songs did George Martin want the Beatles to record in a foreign language?
(a) "Ticket to Ride" and "She Loves You".
(b) "Yesterday" and "Ticket to Ride".
(c) "She Loves You" and "I Want to Hold Your Hand".
(d) "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and "Yesterday".
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7 George Martin and Judy took their first trip to which club, where the Beatles often performed?
2. "Love Me Do" hit what number in the charts?
3. Who created the Beatles' early image, featuring their famous haircuts?
4. As described in Chapter 4, what are bass traps?
5. Before George Martin joined the Fleet Air Arm he worked briefly at what occupation?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)