Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does Mr. Rington have?
2. Who is Raymond?
3. What is the name of the wife of the vet who always get James drunk?
4. What animal that James treats has peritonitis?
5. Where is the Flying School that James is sent to?
Essay Topic 1
1) Describe what happens when there is a rash of strychnine poisonings in Darrowby. Mention a dog or two who are poisoned. Which dog is the only dog to survive being poisoned? Do they catch the perpetrator?
2) Describe Mrs Beck. Describe why James and Tristan are annoyed with her. Describe her cat, Georgina and what she has to have done to her.
3) Who is Mr. Gilby? Describe him. What happens to him that makes him embarrassed?
Choose two of the three topics to write on.
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe Mr. Grover the dentist and James' relationship with him. Where does he practice dentistry?
2) Describe Hector McDarroch the dentist and James' childhood experience with him. Where did he practice dentistry?
3) Describe "the butcher". What was James' experience with him. Where did he practice dentistry?
Choose two of the three topics to write about.
Essay Topic 3
1) Who is Shep and how does he plague James? What does James do to get his revenge?
2) Describe James's reaction upon seeing his newborn son. What does he do and say that are funny to Helen and Nurse Brown?
3) Tell the story of old Albert Close and his dog Mick. Describe them both. What happens to Mick? What part does James play? What part do the men who frequent the Fox and Hounds play?
Choose two of the topics to write on.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)