Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does Mr. Rington have?
2. Who is Raymond?
3. What is the name of the wife of the vet who always get James drunk?
4. What animal that James treats has peritonitis?
5. Where is the Flying School that James is sent to?
Essay Topic 1
1) Most of the book is comprised of flash backs and stories James recalls from his life in Darrowby. Do you think this is a good writing technique. Do you think James' memories of his life at Skeldale House and with Helen helped James to survive being in the military better? How? Do you
think that that might be a coping mechanism that POWs also use?
2) Of all the stories James tells in this book which one stands out to you as the funniest? Explain why.
3) Which of the stories in the book did you find the most moving or touching? Retell the story briefly and tell why you chose that one.
Choose two of the topics to write on.
Essay Topic 2
1) Recount briefly the story James tells about Mr. Dakin and his cow, Blossom and why you liked it.
2) Describe Lord Hulton, one of the animal owners James visits. What is one of his characteristics? What is wrong with Lord Hulton's pig and is James successful in saving it?
3) Who is Charlie and what relationship does he have with Lord Hulton? What does Hulton rely on Charlie to always do for him?
Write on two of the three topics.
Essay Topic 3
1) Whose practice did James take over in Hensfield? Describe the difference between the veterinary practice in Hensfield with the one at Skeldale house.
2) What happened to Kim, the Golden Retriever? Who were his owners? Was James successful in helping him?
3) Describe James' experience at the Greyhound Racetract in Hensfleld.
Choose two of the three topics to write on.
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)