|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the farm family whose three members all talk at the same time?
2. What is the name of the man with the loudest voice James has ever heard?
3. What farmer is James allotted to help in Shropshire?
4. Who stands on top of the cart as the sheaves of corn are thrown up by James?
5. What is the name of the student who goes with James on his rounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the evening when Siegfried tells Tristan to stay at Skeldale house all evening?
2. What does James remember from his childhood about how he spent every weekend from Easter to October?
3. Who are Andrew Vine and Digger and what happens to them?
4. What are the names of the two dogs who are inseparable friends, what are their breeds and what happens to them?
5. Who is Judy and what is extraordinary about her?
6. Why is does Tristan have to stay home all evening at Skeldale house?
7. Describe Len Hampson and the situation with his pig.
8. Describe Elijah Wenworth and the situation with his bull.
9. What's the name of Roddy's dog and what kind of emergency surgery does James perform on him?
10. Describe the Birtwhistles.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Describe Mr. Grover the dentist and James' relationship with him. Where does he practice dentistry?
2) Describe Hector McDarroch the dentist and James' childhood experience with him. Where did he practice dentistry?
3) Describe "the butcher". What was James' experience with him. Where did he practice dentistry?
Choose two of the three topics to write about.
Essay Topic 2
1) Whose practice did James take over in Hensfield? Describe the difference between the veterinary practice in Hensfield with the one at Skeldale house.
2) What happened to Kim, the Golden Retriever? Who were his owners? Was James successful in helping him?
3) Describe James' experience at the Greyhound Racetract in Hensfleld.
Choose two of the three topics to write on.
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe Mrs. Ainsworth, the woman James visits on two Christmas days. What pets does she own? What is the story of Debbie and Buster?
2) What phenomenon does James experience during the last weeks of Helen's pregnancy? How far away from Darrowby is he stationed? How does he break the military rules?
3) Describe James's visit to Mr. Beamish, the race horse trainer. How happens during the visit? How does James change Beamish's opinion of him?
Write on two of the three topics.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)