Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does Mr. Rington have?
2. Who is Raymond?
3. What is the name of the wife of the vet who always get James drunk?
4. What animal that James treats has peritonitis?
5. Where is the Flying School that James is sent to?
Essay Topic 1
1) Tell the story of the little stray dog Siegfried and James see begging in the market place. What happens to the dog? What do Siegfried, James and the policeman do?
2) What does James hate to do and isn't good at doing which involves the Ministry of Agriculture. Explain what almost happens because of one of James's clerical errors.
3) Describe what happens on James' first solo flight.
Choose two of the topics to write on.
Essay Topic 2
1) Who is Mr. Mount? Describe him. Why is Tristan eager to please him? What is the impression Tristan makes on Mr. Mount? Why?
2) Tell the story of the two dogs, Jingo and Skipper. What breeds are they? What is their relationship to one another? What happens?
3) Describe the Birtwhistle family and their odd behavior.
Choose two of the three topics to write on.
Essay Topic 3
1) Herriot mentions a number of times in his book his opinion of women. Do you remember his comments about women? Describe some of them. Did he regard women highly? Do you think he understood women? How close do you think he was to his wife? Explain why you think that.
2) Describe James Herriot's writing style. What did you like about the way he wrote his book? Are there any things about his writing style that you would criticize? What are they?
3) Of all the dogs you can remember from the book, which one was your favorite? Tell which one and why it was your favorite.
Choose two of the three topics to write on..
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)