|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Divisional Inspector in charge of paper work for tuberculin testing?
2. How old is Lucy?
3. What fatal disease does Paul's dog have?
4. Whose prize cow is saved from being slaughtered at the last minute?
5. What is the name of the owner of the dog in the tram?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the names of the two dogs who are inseparable friends, what are their breeds and what happens to them?
2. What does Siegfried chastise James about regarding an old-age pensioner and why does it turn our to be a paradox?
3. When James is grounded in the R.A.F. what job do they give him?
4. Describe James' visit to the Blackburn cow farm.
5. Who is Mr. Potts and what does James do for him?
6. Describe Elijah Wenworth and the situation with his bull.
7. What's the name of Roddy's dog and what kind of emergency surgery does James perform on him?
8. Who is Roddy Travers?
9. Describe Len Hampson and the situation with his pig.
10. What new product does Mr. Barge sell to Siegfried and James and what is it supposed to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Describe Mrs. Ainsworth, the woman James visits on two Christmas days. What pets does she own? What is the story of Debbie and Buster?
2) What phenomenon does James experience during the last weeks of Helen's pregnancy? How far away from Darrowby is he stationed? How does he break the military rules?
3) Describe James's visit to Mr. Beamish, the race horse trainer. How happens during the visit? How does James change Beamish's opinion of him?
Write on two of the three topics.
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe what happens when there is a rash of strychnine poisonings in Darrowby. Mention a dog or two who are poisoned. Which dog is the only dog to survive being poisoned? Do they catch the perpetrator?
2) Describe Mrs Beck. Describe why James and Tristan are annoyed with her. Describe her cat, Georgina and what she has to have done to her.
3) Who is Mr. Gilby? Describe him. What happens to him that makes him embarrassed?
Choose two of the three topics to write on.
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe Mr. Grover the dentist and James' relationship with him. Where does he practice dentistry?
2) Describe Hector McDarroch the dentist and James' childhood experience with him. Where did he practice dentistry?
3) Describe "the butcher". What was James' experience with him. Where did he practice dentistry?
Choose two of the three topics to write about.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)