|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does Mr. Rington have?
2. Who is Raymond?
3. What is the name of the wife of the vet who always get James drunk?
4. What animal that James treats has peritonitis?
5. Where is the Flying School that James is sent to?
Essay Topic 1
1) Recount briefly the story James tells about Mr. Dakin and his cow, Blossom and why you liked it.
2) Describe Lord Hulton, one of the animal owners James visits. What is one of his characteristics? What is wrong with Lord Hulton's pig and is James successful in saving it?
3) Who is Charlie and what relationship does he have with Lord Hulton? What does Hulton rely on Charlie to always do for him?
Write on two of the three topics.
Essay Topic 2
1) Who is Mr. Mount? Describe him. Why is Tristan eager to please him? What is the impression Tristan makes on Mr. Mount? Why?
2) Tell the story of the two dogs, Jingo and Skipper. What breeds are they? What is their relationship to one another? What happens?
3) Describe the Birtwhistle family and their odd behavior.
Choose two of the three topics to write on.
Essay Topic 3
1) After reading ALL THINGS WISE AND WONDERFUL, studying it and discussing it, would you like to read Herriot's other books in the same series? Why? Give reasons for decision. Why not? Explain why you wouldn't like to read any other books by Herriot.
2) Of the three veterinarians in the book, which one was your favorite? Explain why?
3) Has reading the book changed your attitude about animals? Veterinarians? The British? If so, explain why and how.
Choose two of the topics to write on.
This section contains 1,785 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)