Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does Mr. Rington have?
2. Who is Raymond?
3. What is the name of the wife of the vet who always get James drunk?
4. What animal that James treats has peritonitis?
5. Where is the Flying School that James is sent to?
1) Describe the time James had to castrate some pigs. What did James do with the scalpel that made one of the men tell a joke and how did he injure himself with the scalpel?
2) Describe the circumstance where James was flagged down by a car on his way home and asked to help a family dog named Benny. What was wrong with Benny? Was James able to help him? Give some details of the story.
3) Who was Mr. Stokill, an old farmer James met when he was new to the vet practice. Describe Stokill . What did James learn from him? What happened in the story?
Choose two of the three to write about.
1) Describe Mrs. Ainsworth, the woman James visits on two Christmas days. What pets does she own? What is the story of Debbie and Buster?
2) What phenomenon does James experience during the last weeks of Helen's pregnancy? How far away from Darrowby is he stationed? How does he break the military rules?
3) Describe James's visit to Mr. Beamish, the race horse trainer. How happens during the visit? How does James change Beamish's opinion of him?
Write on two of the three topics.
1) Describe what happens when there is a rash of strychnine poisonings in Darrowby. Mention a dog or two who are poisoned. Which dog is the only dog to survive being poisoned? Do they catch the perpetrator?
2) Describe Mrs Beck. Describe why James and Tristan are annoyed with her. Describe her cat, Georgina and what she has to have done to her.
3) Who is Mr. Gilby? Describe him. What happens to him that makes him embarrassed?
Choose two of the three topics to write on.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)