Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breed of dog is the blind man's dog?
2. Who is the other AC2 member of the RAF who scared James while he was waiting to see the RAF dentist?
3. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
4. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
5. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is "the Butcher" and what does he do to James?
2. Describe Mrs. Rumney.
3. What problems does James encounter when is must inspect the dogs at the Greyhound racetrack?
4. Describe Paul Cotterell and his dog and what happens to them.
5. What happens to the little stray dog that James and Siegfried observe begging in the marketplace?
6. Describe Mr. Mount and his relationship with Tristan.
7. Describe James' first solo flight.
8. What are the names of the two dogs who are inseparable friends, what are their breeds and what happens to them?
9. Describe Johnny and his dog, Fergus.
10. What does James use to attempt curing Rose, Mr. Bailes' cow, but who finally cures her and how?
1) Describe Mrs. Ainsworth, the woman James visits on two Christmas days. What pets does she own? What is the story of Debbie and Buster?
2) What phenomenon does James experience during the last weeks of Helen's pregnancy? How far away from Darrowby is he stationed? How does he break the military rules?
3) Describe James's visit to Mr. Beamish, the race horse trainer. How happens during the visit? How does James change Beamish's opinion of him?
Write on two of the three topics.
1) Describe the lesson James learned when working for farmer Edwards in Shropshire. Describe the tasks he was asked to do for the farmer. What did he do that proved his worth as a veterinarian?
2) What are the men in the R.A.F. told never to forget having with them? Why?
3) Retell the story about the calf who had eaten too much fruit. Under what circumstances did James have to go on this call? What was the reaction
of the farmer when James had finished operating on the calf?
Choose one of the three topics to write on.
1) Describe Paul Cotterel and his dog, Theo. What happens to both of them and why does it weigh so heavily on James?
2) Describe Andrew Vine and his dog, Digger. What happens to both of them and how does James help the situation?
3) Describe what happens when James takes a young student interested in becoming a vet on his rounds with him? Why is James chagrined?
Choose two of the topics to write on.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)