Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breed of dog is the blind man's dog?
2. Who is the other AC2 member of the RAF who scared James while he was waiting to see the RAF dentist?
3. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
4. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
5. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is "the Butcher" and what does he do to James?
2. Describe Mrs. Rumney.
3. What problems does James encounter when is must inspect the dogs at the Greyhound racetrack?
4. Describe Paul Cotterell and his dog and what happens to them.
5. What happens to the little stray dog that James and Siegfried observe begging in the marketplace?
6. Describe Mr. Mount and his relationship with Tristan.
7. Describe James' first solo flight.
8. What are the names of the two dogs who are inseparable friends, what are their breeds and what happens to them?
9. Describe Johnny and his dog, Fergus.
10. What does James use to attempt curing Rose, Mr. Bailes' cow, but who finally cures her and how?
Essay Topic 1
1) Whose practice did James take over in Hensfield? Describe the difference between the veterinary practice in Hensfield with the one at Skeldale house.
2) What happened to Kim, the Golden Retriever? Who were his owners? Was James successful in helping him?
3) Describe James' experience at the Greyhound Racetract in Hensfleld.
Choose two of the three topics to write on.
Essay Topic 2
1) After reading ALL THINGS WISE AND WONDERFUL, studying it and discussing it, would you like to read Herriot's other books in the same series? Why? Give reasons for decision. Why not? Explain why you wouldn't like to read any other books by Herriot.
2) Of the three veterinarians in the book, which one was your favorite? Explain why?
3) Has reading the book changed your attitude about animals? Veterinarians? The British? If so, explain why and how.
Choose two of the topics to write on.
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe the time James had to castrate some pigs. What did James do with the scalpel that made one of the men tell a joke and how did he injure himself with the scalpel?
2) Describe the circumstance where James was flagged down by a car on his way home and asked to help a family dog named Benny. What was wrong with Benny? Was James able to help him? Give some details of the story.
3) Who was Mr. Stokill, an old farmer James met when he was new to the vet practice. Describe Stokill . What did James learn from him? What happened in the story?
Choose two of the three to write about.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)