|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up adopting the little stray dog who was hit by a car?
(a) P.C. Finney.
(b) J.R. Phillips.
(c) P.C. Phelps.
(d) J.M. Phinney,
2. What kind of a dog is Coco and how old is he?
(a) He's a two-month-old dachshund.
(b) He's a three-month-old poodle.
(c) He's a five-month-old beagle.
(d) He's a six-month-old cocker spaniel.
3. What is the name of the farrowing pedigree sow who just gave birth?
4. What is the name of the vet who always gets James drunk?
(a) Elwood Barrett.
(b) Granville Bennett.
(c) Dudley Bartlett.
(d) Hubert Barnsford.
5. What physical problem does the bullock have?
(b) Liver fluke.
(c) Heart worm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the formidable man whose daughter, Deborah, Tristan is dating in Chapter 30?
2. How old is the man with the dog in the tram?
3. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
4. How long is James in the convalescent home?
5. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when David, a student considering becoming a veterinarian, goes on rounds with James?
2. What's the name of Roddy's dog and what kind of emergency surgery does James perform on him?
3. What does Siegfried chastise James about regarding an old-age pensioner and why does it turn our to be a paradox?
4. Describe Paul Cotterell and his dog and what happens to them.
5. Who is Judy and what is extraordinary about her?
6. Why is does Tristan have to stay home all evening at Skeldale house?
7. After finding it difficult and extremely strenuous working for farmer Edwards, what does James do to prove his true worth?
8. Describe Mr. Mount and his relationship with Tristan.
9. What happens on the evening when Siegfried tells Tristan to stay at Skeldale house all evening?
10. Describe James' visit to the Blackburn cow farm.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)