|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dog is the elderly retired farmer's dog?
(a) A brittany spaniel.
(b) A sheepdog.
(c) A cocker spaniel.
(d) A beagle.
2. What is the name of the vet who always gets James drunk?
(a) Dudley Bartlett.
(b) Hubert Barnsford.
(c) Granville Bennett.
(d) Elwood Barrett.
3. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
(b) Number Seventy Eight.
(d) Number Eighty Seven.
4. What profession does Mr. Ronald Beresford have?
(a) He's a lawyer.
(b) He's a postal clerk.
(c) He's a bank manager.
(d) He's an inn keeper.
5. What is the name of the elderly retired farmer's dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Rington's dog?
2. What kind of dog does Mr. Rington have?
3. What is Tubby Pinder enthusiastic about?
4. What is erecting eight sheaves of corn without them falling down called?
5. What phrase makes Herriot's blood freeze when he sees it in Miss Harbottle's handwriting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when David, a student considering becoming a veterinarian, goes on rounds with James?
2. Describe Elijah Wenworth and the situation with his bull.
3. Who is Judy and what is extraordinary about her?
4. Who is Roddy Travers?
5. Who is Mr. Potts and what does James do for him?
6. After finding it difficult and extremely strenuous working for farmer Edwards, what does James do to prove his true worth?
7. Who are Andrew Vine and Digger and what happens to them?
8. What is the incident involving Mr. Moverley's expensive Ayreshire cow?
9. What are the names of the two dogs who are inseparable friends, what are their breeds and what happens to them?
10. Describe James' first solo flight.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)