|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the man with the dog in the tram?
2. What is the name of Mr. Rington's dog?
3. What kind of a dog is Coco and how old is he?
(a) He's a five-month-old beagle.
(b) He's a three-month-old poodle.
(c) He's a two-month-old dachshund.
(d) He's a six-month-old cocker spaniel.
4. Which farmer who James visits to treat one of the animals has a very soft voice, almost a whisper?
(a) Elijah Wentworth.
(b) Elias Weatherly.
(c) Jeremiah Livingsworth.
(d) Elwood Westley.
5. Who is the Divisional Inspector in charge of paper work for tuberculin testing?
(a) Charles Harcourt
(b) John Hargrove.
(c) Charles Henley.
(d) John Holloway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is there a cow calving in Chapter 39?
2. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
3. What is the name of the auctioneer James sees in Drovers Arms?
4. Early in his veterinary practice how many dogs traveled everywhere with Siegfried in his car?
5. What does Herriot's flying instructor say is "very good indeed, really masterly" about Herriot's first solo flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Andrew Vine and Digger and what happens to them?
2. What does James remember from his childhood about how he spent every weekend from Easter to October?
3. Describe Elijah Wenworth and the situation with his bull.
4. Who is Roddy Travers?
5. Why is does Tristan have to stay home all evening at Skeldale house?
6. What is stooking?
7. What is James' relationship with the Ministry of Agriculture?
8. Describe the Birtwhistles.
9. Describe the awful night that James was called out to treat a calf with a stomach upset while he's fighting off a cold.
10. What new product does Mr. Barge sell to Siegfried and James and what is it supposed to do?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)