|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is there a cow calving in Chapter 39?
(a) Mr. Drover's South Farm.
(b) Mr. Smith's North Farm.
(c) Mr. Roger's East Farm.
(d) Mr. William's West Dale Farm.
2. How old is the man with the dog in the tram?
3. What does James dream of during an hour's nap in the waiting room of the flying school?
(a) His childhood in Scotland.
(b) Studying for his degree.
(c) Walking with Helen after going on rounds to a farm.
(d) His wedding day.
4. Where was James posted after flying school?
(a) Lanton Park, Yorkshire.
(b) Heaton Park, Manchester.
(c) Winston Park, Shropshire.
(d) Mansfield Park, Dorchester.
5. What color is Nellie the big cow?
(a) Black and white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is this latest pharmaceutical product supposed to cure?
2. What color are Helen's eyes?
3. What animal that James treats has peritonitis?
4. Whose prize cow is saved from being slaughtered at the last minute?
5. What is the name of the farrowing pedigree sow who just gave birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Elijah Wenworth and the situation with his bull.
2. Who is Granville Bennett and why does James dread coming together with him?
3. Describe Paul Cotterell and his dog and what happens to them.
4. When James is grounded in the R.A.F. what job do they give him?
5. Who is Roddy Travers?
6. What is stooking?
7. Who are Andrew Vine and Digger and what happens to them?
8. What are the names of the two dogs who are inseparable friends, what are their breeds and what happens to them?
9. Describe Mr. Mount and his relationship with Tristan.
10. What happens when David, a student considering becoming a veterinarian, goes on rounds with James?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)