|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prepares the food at the Winckfield flying school?
(a) Local women who wanted to serve their country.
(b) Two grizzled old civilians who smoked pipes.
(c) Two of the wives of the RAF officers.
(d) A retired chef and his assistant.
2. How old is Lucy?
3. What kind of dog is the elderly retired farmer's dog?
(a) A brittany spaniel.
(b) A cocker spaniel.
(c) A beagle.
(d) A sheepdog.
4. What physical problem does the bullock have?
(b) Heart worm.
(d) Liver fluke.
5. What is the name of the formidable man whose daughter, Deborah, Tristan is dating in Chapter 30?
(a) Mr. Montague.
(b) Mr. Montgomery.
(c) Mr. Mount.
(d) Mr. Mountbatton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is there a cow calving in Chapter 39?
2. What phrase makes Herriot's blood freeze when he sees it in Miss Harbottle's handwriting?
3. What color are Helen's eyes?
4. What is the name of the owner of the dog in the tram?
5. What do Siegfried and James miss attending because they have to operate on a little dog who has been hit by a car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Barge and his occupation.
2. Describe Len Hampson and the situation with his pig.
3. Why is does Tristan have to stay home all evening at Skeldale house?
4. Who are Andrew Vine and Digger and what happens to them?
5. What happens to the little stray dog that James and Siegfried observe begging in the marketplace?
6. After finding it difficult and extremely strenuous working for farmer Edwards, what does James do to prove his true worth?
7. Who is Granville Bennett and why does James dread coming together with him?
8. Describe the awful night that James was called out to treat a calf with a stomach upset while he's fighting off a cold.
9. What are the names of the two dogs who are inseparable friends, what are their breeds and what happens to them?
10. What is stooking?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)