|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the horse that has a serious case of canker?
2. Who is Raymond?
(a) A dog James treats.
(b) A neighbor of the man James visits.
(c) A college buddy of Tristan.
(d) A fellow vet in Darrowby.
3. How old is the man with the dog in the tram?
4. Whose prize cow is saved from being slaughtered at the last minute?
(a) Mr. Weaver's.
(b) Mr. Moverley's.
(c) Mr. Moorhead's.
(d) Mr. Weatherley's.
5. Where was James posted after flying school?
(a) Heaton Park, Manchester.
(b) Winston Park, Shropshire.
(c) Lanton Park, Yorkshire.
(d) Mansfield Park, Dorchester.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
2. What phrase makes Herriot's blood freeze when he sees it in Miss Harbottle's handwriting?
3. What is the name of the elderly retired farmer's dog?
4. How old is Lucy?
5. Where is the convalescent home where James goes after the hospital located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Siegfried chastise James about regarding an old-age pensioner and why does it turn our to be a paradox?
2. Who are Andrew Vine and Digger and what happens to them?
3. Describe Mr. Mount and his relationship with Tristan.
4. What happens to the little stray dog that James and Siegfried observe begging in the marketplace?
5. After finding it difficult and extremely strenuous working for farmer Edwards, what does James do to prove his true worth?
6. Describe the Birtwhistles.
7. What is James' relationship with the Ministry of Agriculture?
8. Describe Elijah Wenworth and the situation with his bull.
9. What is stooking?
10. What happens when David, a student considering becoming a veterinarian, goes on rounds with James?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)