|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tubby Pinder enthusiastic about?
(c) Horse racing.
2. The date 1666 is carved in stone above the front door of the farm. What happened on that date that the student remembers?
(a) The great fire of London.
(b) William the Conqueror arrived.
(c) The Vikings invaded.
(d) The Magna Carta was signed.
3. What is the name of the elderly retired farmer's dog?
4. What is the name of the vet who always gets James drunk?
(a) Hubert Barnsford.
(b) Dudley Bartlett.
(c) Elwood Barrett.
(d) Granville Bennett.
5. What are the names of the two inseparable dog friends in Chapter 31 and what breeds are they?
(a) Jingo, a White Bull Terrier and Skipper, a Corgi.
(b) Jimmy, a Black Alsatian and Scooter, a Brindle Cairn.
(c) Dingo, a Bloodhound and Captain, a Bassett Hound.
(d) Jessie, a White Cocker and Skippy, a Beagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the aptitude test reveal James is good at?
2. What condition did James have all his life that gives him a secret fear in the RAF?
3. What is Paul Cotterell's dog's name?
4. Where is Paul Cotterell from?
5. What is the name of the farmer who had a sick six-month-old calf?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the incident involving Mr. Moverley's expensive Ayreshire cow?
2. Who is Judy and what is extraordinary about her?
3. After finding it difficult and extremely strenuous working for farmer Edwards, what does James do to prove his true worth?
4. Describe Elijah Wenworth and the situation with his bull.
5. Who is Granville Bennett and why does James dread coming together with him?
6. Describe Paul Cotterell and his dog and what happens to them.
7. Why is does Tristan have to stay home all evening at Skeldale house?
8. What does Siegfried chastise James about regarding an old-age pensioner and why does it turn our to be a paradox?
9. Who is Roddy Travers?
10. Who are Andrew Vine and Digger and what happens to them?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)