|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dog does Andrew Vine own?
(a) A Westhighland terrier.
(b) A fox terrier.
(c) A Cairn terrier.
(d) A Jack Russell terrier.
2. Who is Emmeline?
(a) A lady who owns a poodle.
(b) A rubber doll.
(c) A poodle.
(d) A new born puppy.
3. What kind of dog does Mr. Rington have?
(a) A female Dalmation.
(b) A female Poodle.
(c) A female Bull Terrier.
(d) A female Alsatian.
4. Who is Raymond?
(a) A college buddy of Tristan.
(b) A fellow vet in Darrowby.
(c) A dog James treats.
(d) A neighbor of the man James visits.
5. What is the name of the auctioneer James sees in Drovers Arms?
(a) George Wilks.
(b) Geoffrey Wilder.
(c) Gerald Wilkinson.
(d) Graham Windham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the two childhood camping chums now while James is in the RAF in Shropshire?
2. What is the name of the farm family whose three members all talk at the same time?
3. What do Siegfried and James notice one day as they shopped in the marketplace?
4. What color are Helen's eyes?
5. What is the name of the pharmaceutical representative who regularly called on Siegfried and James?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is does Tristan have to stay home all evening at Skeldale house?
2. After finding it difficult and extremely strenuous working for farmer Edwards, what does James do to prove his true worth?
3. When James is grounded in the R.A.F. what job do they give him?
4. Who is Granville Bennett and why does James dread coming together with him?
5. What does James remember from his childhood about how he spent every weekend from Easter to October?
6. What happens when David, a student considering becoming a veterinarian, goes on rounds with James?
7. Describe James' first solo flight.
8. Describe the awful night that James was called out to treat a calf with a stomach upset while he's fighting off a cold.
9. Who is Roddy Travers?
10. Describe the Birtwhistles.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)