|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Mr. Blackburn's cow have that makes her so weak and unable to give birth?
(b) Milk fever.
(d) Breech birth.
2. What is the name of the pharmaceutical representative who regularly called on Siegfried and James?
(a) Mr,. Bartley
(b) Mr. Baron.
(c) Mr. Barton.
(d) Mr. Barge.
3. What is the name of the horse that has a serious case of canker?
4. Early in his veterinary practice how many dogs traveled everywhere with Siegfried in his car?
5. With what two friends did James go camping every weekend from Easter to October as a boy?
(a) Alan Taylor and Joey Harvey.
(b) Alvin Tennyson and Jimmy Hutchson.
(c) Alex Taylor and Eddie Hutchison.
(d) Albert Tanner and Eddie Harley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paul Cotterell's dog's name?
2. What is the name of the vet who always gets James drunk?
3. What fatal disease does Paul's dog have?
4. What is the name of the farm family whose three members all talk at the same time?
5. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new product does Mr. Barge sell to Siegfried and James and what is it supposed to do?
2. What are the names of the two dogs who are inseparable friends, what are their breeds and what happens to them?
3. Describe the Birtwhistles.
4. Why is does Tristan have to stay home all evening at Skeldale house?
5. What happens on the evening when Siegfried tells Tristan to stay at Skeldale house all evening?
6. Who is Mr. Potts and what does James do for him?
7. Describe Mr. Mount and his relationship with Tristan.
8. Describe Len Hampson and the situation with his pig.
9. What is stooking?
10. After finding it difficult and extremely strenuous working for farmer Edwards, what does James do to prove his true worth?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)