|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Paul Cotterell from?
(a) The south of England.
(c) The west of England.
2. What is the name of the son in the family whose members all talk at the same time?
3. What is the name of the student who goes with James on his rounds?
4. What does Herriot's flying instructor say is "very good indeed, really masterly" about Herriot's first solo flight?
(a) His quick return to the flying field.
(b) The smooth landing.
(c) The "side slip".
(d) The fact that he found his way back after being lost.
5. Where is the convalescent home where James goes after the hospital located?
(a) Puddlestone, near Leominster.
(b) Worthington, near Shropshire.
(c) Whitestone, near Westminster.
(d) Paddington, near Manchechester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Raymond?
2. Who is the Divisional Inspector in charge of paper work for tuberculin testing?
3. What profession does Mr. Ronald Beresford have?
4. What are the airmen put to work doing in a Shropshire town?
5. How many children does the policeman who adopts the stray dog have and what are their sexes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James remember from his childhood about how he spent every weekend from Easter to October?
2. What is stooking?
3. Describe Paul Cotterell and his dog and what happens to them.
4. What are the names of the two dogs who are inseparable friends, what are their breeds and what happens to them?
5. When James is grounded in the R.A.F. what job do they give him?
6. Who is Judy and what is extraordinary about her?
7. What is the incident involving Mr. Moverley's expensive Ayreshire cow?
8. Describe Mr. Mount and his relationship with Tristan.
9. Who are Andrew Vine and Digger and what happens to them?
10. Why is does Tristan have to stay home all evening at Skeldale house?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)