|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the elderly man James and Sam meet every day on their stroll by the river before lunch?
(a) Mr. Potts.
(b) Mr. Potley.
(c) Mr. Phelps.
(d) Mr. Pitts.
2. Who is Raymond?
(a) A neighbor of the man James visits.
(b) A fellow vet in Darrowby.
(c) A college buddy of Tristan.
(d) A dog James treats.
3. How old is Lucy?
4. How old is the man with the dog in the tram?
5. What job is James given when he works in the stores?
(a) Passing out boots and uniforms.
(b) Invoicing and organization.
(c) Sellling men's apparel.
(d) Doing the accounting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which farmer who James visits to treat one of the animals has a very soft voice, almost a whisper?
2. What fatal disease does Paul's dog have?
3. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
4. Who is Herriot's flying instructor?
5. What is the name of the owner of the dog in the tram?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe James' visit to the Blackburn cow farm.
2. Describe Mr. Mount and his relationship with Tristan.
3. Why is does Tristan have to stay home all evening at Skeldale house?
4. Who is Judy and what is extraordinary about her?
5. What is stooking?
6. What happens when David, a student considering becoming a veterinarian, goes on rounds with James?
7. What does Siegfried chastise James about regarding an old-age pensioner and why does it turn our to be a paradox?
8. Who is Roddy Travers?
9. Describe James' first solo flight.
10. What are the names of the two dogs who are inseparable friends, what are their breeds and what happens to them?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)