|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
2. What does James dream of during an hour's nap in the waiting room of the flying school?
(a) Walking with Helen after going on rounds to a farm.
(b) Studying for his degree.
(c) His wedding day.
(d) His childhood in Scotland.
3. What is the name of the son in the family whose members all talk at the same time?
4. Where is Paul Cotterell from?
(a) The west of England.
(c) The south of England.
5. Who is Emmeline?
(a) A rubber doll.
(b) A poodle.
(c) A lady who owns a poodle.
(d) A new born puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Andrew's dog's name?
2. How much does Herriot's vet friend say he's going to charge him for the small operation performed on his dog, Sam?
3. Whose prize cow is saved from being slaughtered at the last minute?
4. What is the name of the man with the loudest voice James has ever heard?
5. Who is Raymond?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Granville Bennett and why does James dread coming together with him?
2. Describe Paul Cotterell and his dog and what happens to them.
3. What is James' relationship with the Ministry of Agriculture?
4. Describe the awful night that James was called out to treat a calf with a stomach upset while he's fighting off a cold.
5. Describe James' first solo flight.
6. What happens when David, a student considering becoming a veterinarian, goes on rounds with James?
7. What does Siegfried chastise James about regarding an old-age pensioner and why does it turn our to be a paradox?
8. Describe Mr. Barge and his occupation.
9. Why is does Tristan have to stay home all evening at Skeldale house?
10. What is stooking?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)