|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally calms the sow down so that she'll suckle her 15 piglets?
(b) Bob Cooper.
(d) Grandad Hollin.
2. What brand of cigarette does Tristan smoke?
3. What is Paul Cotterell's dog's name?
4. What is the name of the formidable man whose daughter, Deborah, Tristan is dating in Chapter 30?
(a) Mr. Mount.
(b) Mr. Montague.
(c) Mr. Mountbatton.
(d) Mr. Montgomery.
5. What is the name of the auctioneer James sees in Drovers Arms?
(a) George Wilks.
(b) Graham Windham.
(c) Gerald Wilkinson.
(d) Geoffrey Wilder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the owner of the dog in the tram?
2. What do Siegfried and James miss attending because they have to operate on a little dog who has been hit by a car?
3. Where is Paul Cotterell from?
4. What condition did James have all his life that gives him a secret fear in the RAF?
5. Who ends up adopting the little stray dog who was hit by a car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James remember from his childhood about how he spent every weekend from Easter to October?
2. Describe Len Hampson and the situation with his pig.
3. Describe James' visit to the Blackburn cow farm.
4. What is stooking?
5. What is James' relationship with the Ministry of Agriculture?
6. Describe Paul Cotterell and his dog and what happens to them.
7. After finding it difficult and extremely strenuous working for farmer Edwards, what does James do to prove his true worth?
8. What's the name of Roddy's dog and what kind of emergency surgery does James perform on him?
9. Who is Judy and what is extraordinary about her?
10. Who are Andrew Vine and Digger and what happens to them?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)