|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which farmer who James visits to treat one of the animals has a very soft voice, almost a whisper?
(a) Jeremiah Livingsworth.
(b) Elias Weatherly.
(c) Elwood Westley.
(d) Elijah Wentworth.
2. What are the names of the two inseparable dog friends in Chapter 31 and what breeds are they?
(a) Dingo, a Bloodhound and Captain, a Bassett Hound.
(b) Jimmy, a Black Alsatian and Scooter, a Brindle Cairn.
(c) Jingo, a White Bull Terrier and Skipper, a Corgi.
(d) Jessie, a White Cocker and Skippy, a Beagle.
3. What job is James given when he works in the stores?
(a) Sellling men's apparel.
(b) Doing the accounting.
(c) Invoicing and organization.
(d) Passing out boots and uniforms.
4. What do Siegfried and James notice one day as they shopped in the marketplace?
(a) A limping dog.
(b) A dog that's run over by a car.
(c) A little sick cat.
(d) A little dog begging.
5. Who tells James about Paul's suicide?
(a) Mr. Sandler.
(b) Mr. Songster.
(c) Mr. Sedley.
(d) Mr. Sangster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is erecting eight sheaves of corn without them falling down called?
2. Where are the two childhood camping chums now while James is in the RAF in Shropshire?
3. What is Tubby Pinder enthusiastic about?
4. What is the name of the formidable man whose daughter, Deborah, Tristan is dating in Chapter 30?
5. Where is there a cow calving in Chapter 39?
Short Essay Questions
1. After finding it difficult and extremely strenuous working for farmer Edwards, what does James do to prove his true worth?
2. What happens to the little stray dog that James and Siegfried observe begging in the marketplace?
3. Describe Paul Cotterell and his dog and what happens to them.
4. Who are Andrew Vine and Digger and what happens to them?
5. Why is does Tristan have to stay home all evening at Skeldale house?
6. What is the incident involving Mr. Moverley's expensive Ayreshire cow?
7. What's the name of Roddy's dog and what kind of emergency surgery does James perform on him?
8. Describe Len Hampson and the situation with his pig.
9. What happens on the evening when Siegfried tells Tristan to stay at Skeldale house all evening?
10. Who is Judy and what is extraordinary about her?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)