|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Herriot's flying instructor?
(a) Flying Officer Worthham.
(b) Flying Officer Hartley.
(c) Flying Officer Cromwell.
(d) Flying Officer Woodham.
2. What does Herriot's flying instructor say is "very good indeed, really masterly" about Herriot's first solo flight?
(a) His quick return to the flying field.
(b) The fact that he found his way back after being lost.
(c) The "side slip".
(d) The smooth landing.
3. What is the name of the wife of the vet who always get James drunk?
4. What is Andrew's dog's name?
5. Where was James posted after flying school?
(a) Lanton Park, Yorkshire.
(b) Heaton Park, Manchester.
(c) Winston Park, Shropshire.
(d) Mansfield Park, Dorchester.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Nellie the big cow?
2. What is the name of the horse that has a serious case of canker?
3. Where is the Flying School that James is sent to?
4. Whose prize cow is saved from being slaughtered at the last minute?
5. What is the name of Mr. Rington's dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Elijah Wenworth and the situation with his bull.
2. Describe Len Hampson and the situation with his pig.
3. What is James' relationship with the Ministry of Agriculture?
4. Describe the Birtwhistles.
5. Describe James' visit to the Blackburn cow farm.
6. Describe the awful night that James was called out to treat a calf with a stomach upset while he's fighting off a cold.
7. What are the names of the two dogs who are inseparable friends, what are their breeds and what happens to them?
8. Who is Judy and what is extraordinary about her?
9. What new product does Mr. Barge sell to Siegfried and James and what is it supposed to do?
10. What happens to the little stray dog that James and Siegfried observe begging in the marketplace?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)