|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cream does William Hulton swear by?
(a) Pond's Cream.
(b) Propamidine Cream.
(c) Nivea Cream.
(d) Neosporin Cream.
2. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
(a) A while mare.
(b) A grey filly.
(c) A black stallion.
(d) A bay gelding.
3. What is the name of the nursing home Helen is in before she gives birth?
(a) Good Shepherd Nursing Home.
(b) Holly Hill Nursing Home.
(c) Shadowlawn Nursing Home.
(d) Greenside Nursing Home.
4. What does Tristan make for every meal when Siegfried makes him cook?
(a) Porridge and bacon.
(b) Sausage and mash.
(c) Eggs and toast.
(d) Eggs and ham.
5. What is the name of the blind man's dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the owner of the Greyhound Track?
2. What breed of dog is the blind man's dog?
3. Where were James and his fellow RAF men billeted after being posted to their location?
4. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
5. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Cedric the dog and Con Fenton such a perfect match?
2. Who are Albert Close and Mick and what is their story?
3. When James graduates from AC2 what does he become and how do his wages change?
4. Who is "the Butcher" and what does he do to James?
5. What is the biggest problem James encounters during his stay in Hensfield?
6. What problems does James encounter when is must inspect the dogs at the Greyhound racetrack?
7. What is James' reaction at the sight of his newborn baby, what does he do and why is it funny?
8. Describe Lord Hulton and the situation James faces with his sow who has a prolapsed uterus.
9. Describe Mr. Grover, Herriot's dentist in Darrowby and Hector McDarroch the dentist James went to as a child in Glasgow.
10. Describe Flight Sergeant Blackett and what surprises James about him.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)