|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
(a) His hair.
(b) His pipe.
(c) His jacket.
(d) His mustache.
2. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
(a) Eleven pounds.
(b) Nine pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Eight pounds.
3. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
(a) Tommy Banks.
(b) Wesley Binks.
(c) William Brink.
(d) Desmond Winks.
4. The old shepherd's dog has what physical problem?
(a) Broken ribs.
(b) Bladder infection.
(c) lame leg.
(d) Turned-in eyelids.
5. What is the fee James gets for the only doctoring he had done on a human?
(a) Five shillings.
(b) Six shillings.
(c) A sixpence.
(d) Seven pence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
2. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
3. What do James and Helen name the baby?
4. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
5. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Mount and his relationship with Tristan.
2. Who is Kim and what happens to him?
3. What is stooking?
4. When James graduates from AC2 what does he become and how do his wages change?
5. What is James' reaction at the sight of his newborn baby, what does he do and why is it funny?
6. What does Shep Mr. Bailes' dog do when James comes that really annoys him and how does James finally handle it?
7. Describe Paul Cotterell and his dog and what happens to them.
8. What experience does James have with Ralph Beamish the racehorse trainer?
9. What is the incident involving Mr. Moverley's expensive Ayreshire cow?
10. What is the biggest problem James encounters during his stay in Hensfield?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)