|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
(a) Louie Brayshaw.
(b) Stewie Brannon.
(c) Joey Branquist.
(d) Jimmy Brennen.
2. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
(a) A grey filly.
(b) A while mare.
(c) A bay gelding.
(d) A black stallion.
3. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) A bugle at 5:30 am.
(b) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
(c) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
(d) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
4. What is the name of the estate owned by Mrs. Rumney?
(a) The Willows.
(b) The Oaks.
(c) The Laurels.
(d) Chestnut Hill.
5. What is the fee James gets for the only doctoring he had done on a human?
(a) Seven pence.
(b) Five shillings.
(c) Six shillings.
(d) A sixpence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tristan make for every meal when Siegfried makes him cook?
2. Which dentist does James fear the least?
3. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
4. What is the name of the blind man's dog?
5. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lesson does James learn from Mr. Stokill?
2. Who is Debbie and what is her fate?
3. Who is "the Butcher" and what does he do to James?
4. What does James use to attempt curing Rose, Mr. Bailes' cow, but who finally cures her and how?
5. Describe Johnny and his dog, Fergus.
6. Why are Cedric the dog and Con Fenton such a perfect match?
7. What experience does James have with Ralph Beamish the racehorse trainer?
8. Describe Mr. Gilby, the farmer, and mention an embarrassing thing that happens to him.
9. What problems does James encounter when is must inspect the dogs at the Greyhound racetrack?
10. What are some thing Wesley Binks does to torment James?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)