|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
(a) Flight Sergeant Hackett.
(b) Flight Sergeant Barklett.
(c) Flight Sergeant Blackett.
(d) Flight Sergeant Blackmore.
2. What was the name of the man who was afraid James might accidentally castrate him because James was getting too close to his private parts with his scalpel?
(a) Kevin O'Haggarty
(b) Tim Mulligan
(c) John O'Reilly
(d) Rory O'Hagan
3. What is the nickname of the scary RAF dentist?
(a) The butcher.
(b) The terminator.
(d) The destroyer.
4. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
5. What cream does William Hulton swear by?
(a) Neosporin Cream.
(b) Pond's Cream.
(c) Nivea Cream.
(d) Propamidine Cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the couple whose Golden Retriever is run over by a car?
2. What is the fee James gets for the only doctoring he had done on a human?
3. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
4. Where is James posted after his training in London?
5. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Len Hampson and the situation with his pig.
2. What happens to the little stray dog that James and Siegfried observe begging in the marketplace?
3. Describe Mr. Mount and his relationship with Tristan.
4. Who is Roddy Travers?
5. When James is grounded in the R.A.F. what job do they give him?
6. Describe Elijah Wenworth and the situation with his bull.
7. What is stooking?
8. What does James remember from his childhood about how he spent every weekend from Easter to October?
9. Describe Mr. Barge and his occupation.
10. Describe the incident James dreams about when first in London with the RAF.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)