|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were James and his fellow RAF men billeted after being posted to their location?
(a) THe Plaza Hotel.
(b) The Grand Hotel.
(c) The Regent Hotel.
(d) The Ritz Hotel.
2. Who is Charlie?
(a) Hulton's prize horse.
(b) Hulton's farm foreman.
(c) Hulton's prize pig.
(d) Hulton's favorite dog.
3. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
4. What is the name of the village where Herriot goes to take over the practice of Siegfried's college buddy temporarily?
5. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
(a) Louie Brayshaw.
(b) Stewie Brannon.
(c) Joey Branquist.
(d) Jimmy Brennen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Jack Brimham have?
2. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
3. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
4. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
5. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Beck.
2. What are the names of the two dogs who are inseparable friends, what are their breeds and what happens to them?
3. What happens when David, a student considering becoming a veterinarian, goes on rounds with James?
4. What are the two incidents that happen when Herriot is castrating pigs?
5. Describe Mr. Mount and his relationship with Tristan.
6. Who are Albert Close and Mick and what is their story?
7. What problems does James encounter when is must inspect the dogs at the Greyhound racetrack?
8. What is the incident involving Mr. Moverley's expensive Ayreshire cow?
9. Describe the incident James dreams about when first in London with the RAF.
10. Describe Mrs. Rumney.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)