|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
2. Who is Charlie?
(a) Hulton's farm foreman.
(b) Hulton's prize pig.
(c) Hulton's prize horse.
(d) Hulton's favorite dog.
3. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
(a) To the top of Castle Hill.
(b) To the athletic field of Waynesboro.
(c) To the beach of the town.
(d) To the crest of Cherry Hill.
4. When James was reading Black's Veterinary Dictionary he was reminded about castrating what animals?
5. What breed is Mr. Bartles' dog?
(a) Cocker Spaniel
(b) Brittany Spaniel
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does the Golden Retriever have?
2. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
3. What is the nickname of the scary RAF dentist?
4. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
5. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
Short Essay Questions
1. How far away is Darrowby from Scarsborough where James is and what does that tempt him to do. Describe briefly what he does.
2. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds? Describe the establishment.
3. What are the two incidents that happen when Herriot is castrating pigs?
4. What problems does James encounter when is must inspect the dogs at the Greyhound racetrack?
5. Describe Mrs. Rumney.
6. What is the biggest problem James encounters during his stay in Hensfield?
7. What is the cause of the continual deaths of young calves at Mr. Billing's farm?
8. Who is "the Butcher" and what does he do to James?
9. Who is Debbie and what is her fate?
10. What does James use to attempt curing Rose, Mr. Bailes' cow, but who finally cures her and how?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)