|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the old shepherd's dog who lay under the table at The Fox and Hounds?
2. What is the most lasting memory James has of taking over the practice of Siegfried's college friend?
(a) Being able to help a poor family have a vacation.
(b) Being able to operate on a rickety kitchen table.
(c) Remaining honest at the GreyHound track.
(d) Successfully saving the Golden Retriever's leg.
3. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
(a) Mrs. Greenburn.
(b) Mrs. Dudley.
(c) Mrs. Dewinkle.
(d) Mrs. Dewburn.
4. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
(a) A black stallion.
(b) A while mare.
(c) A grey filly.
(d) A bay gelding.
5. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
(a) Hot Earl Grey tea and scones.
(b) A large glass of beer and bread and cheese.
(c) Hot chocolate and breakfast cake.
(d) Hot coffee and two slices of bread with butter and honey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Beck's cat who is so difficult to control?
2. Where were James and his fellow RAF men billeted after being posted to their location?
3. What is the biggest problem James faces in the surgery he takes over for a couple weeks for Siegfried's friend?
4. What is the name of the little female dog they tried to mate Cedric with?
5. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds? Describe the establishment.
2. What are the two incidents that happen when Herriot is castrating pigs?
3. Describe Mr. Grover, Herriot's dentist in Darrowby and Hector McDarroch the dentist James went to as a child in Glasgow.
4. What was wrong with the dog in the car that waved James down when he was on his way home from castrating pigs and how does James handle the problem?
5. Describe Mrs. Beck.
6. What experience does James have with Ralph Beamish the racehorse trainer?
7. What is the cause of the continual deaths of young calves at Mr. Billing's farm?
8. When James graduates from AC2 what does he become and how do his wages change?
9. Who is Debbie and what is her fate?
10. Describe Mrs. Rumney.
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)