|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Jack Brimham have?
(a) He's a farmer.
(b) He's a builder.
(c) He's a shepherd.
(d) He's a preacher.
2. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
(a) Eleven pounds.
(b) Nine pounds.
(c) Eight pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
3. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
4. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
(a) His hair.
(b) His mustache.
(c) His jacket.
(d) His pipe.
5. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What noble title does William Hulton bear?
2. What does Mrs. Ainsworth name the little kitten brought to her by the dying mother cat on Christmas Day?
3. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
4. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
5. What did Hulton always count on his foreman to do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Kim and what happens to him?
2. What is the biggest problem James encounters during his stay in Hensfield?
3. What lesson does James learn from Mr. Stokill?
4. Describe Mrs. Rumney.
5. Describe Mr. Grover, Herriot's dentist in Darrowby and Hector McDarroch the dentist James went to as a child in Glasgow.
6. What was wrong with the dog in the car that waved James down when he was on his way home from castrating pigs and how does James handle the problem?
7. What problems does James encounter when is must inspect the dogs at the Greyhound racetrack?
8. How far away is Darrowby from Scarsborough where James is and what does that tempt him to do. Describe briefly what he does.
9. Who is Debbie and what is her fate?
10. Describe Lord Hulton and the situation James faces with his sow who has a prolapsed uterus.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)