|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have James and Helen been married at the beginning of the book?
(a) A few months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) 1 year.
2. What is the name of the dog adopted by the poor boy who plays pranks on James?
3. What is the name of Mrs. Beck's cat who is so difficult to control?
4. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
5. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up owning Cedric?
2. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
3. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
4. What is the name of the man who comes to pick up Mr. Dakin's cow for the fatstock market?
5. Where is James posted after his training in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Johnny and his dog, Fergus.
2. Who are Albert Close and Mick and what is their story?
3. Describe Mrs. Beck.
4. What is the cause of the continual deaths of young calves at Mr. Billing's farm?
5. Describe Lord Hulton and the situation James faces with his sow who has a prolapsed uterus.
6. Who is Kim and what happens to him?
7. Describe the incident James dreams about when first in London with the RAF.
8. What experience does James have with Ralph Beamish the racehorse trainer?
9. What is the biggest problem James encounters during his stay in Hensfield?
10. Why are Cedric the dog and Con Fenton such a perfect match?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)