|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Golden Retriever who is hit by a car?
2. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
3. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
(a) A grey filly.
(b) A bay gelding.
(c) A while mare.
(d) A black stallion.
4. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
(a) Mr. Boardman.
(b) Mr. Barrymore.
(c) Mr. Brookside.
(d) Mr. Broadmore.
5. What does Tristan make for every meal when Siegfried makes him cook?
(a) Sausage and mash.
(b) Eggs and ham.
(c) Eggs and toast.
(d) Porridge and bacon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What much does Herriot earn a day as Leading Aircraftsman?
2. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
3. What are the names of the couple whose Golden Retriever is run over by a car?
4. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
5. What does Mrs. Ainsworth name the little kitten brought to her by the dying mother cat on Christmas Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Johnny and his dog, Fergus.
2. Describe Flight Sergeant Blackett and what surprises James about him.
3. When James graduates from AC2 what does he become and how do his wages change?
4. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds? Describe the establishment.
5. Describe Mrs. Beck.
6. Who is Stewie Brannon and what does James do for him?
7. What is the biggest problem James encounters during his stay in Hensfield?
8. Describe the incident James dreams about when first in London with the RAF.
9. Who are Albert Close and Mick and what is their story?
10. Who is Debbie and what is her fate?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)