|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the blind man's dog?
2. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
(a) Mrs. Rumney.
(b) James Herriot.
(c) Mr. Dankin.
(d) Mrs. Humphrey.
3. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
(a) Tommy Banks.
(b) Wesley Binks.
(c) Desmond Winks.
(d) William Brink.
4. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
(a) Mr. Hennessey's.
(b) Mr. Hewey's.
(c) Mr. Stokill's.
(d) Mr. Hargrove's.
5. Where were James and his fellow RAF men billeted after being posted to their location?
(a) The Regent Hotel.
(b) The Grand Hotel.
(c) THe Plaza Hotel.
(d) The Ritz Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
2. What is the name of the little farmer who is a strict Methodist and has a painful and embarrassing accident with a cow?
3. What is the name of the village where Herriot goes to take over the practice of Siegfried's college buddy temporarily?
4. When James was reading Black's Veterinary Dictionary he was reminded about castrating what animals?
5. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Beck.
2. Who is Stewie Brannon and what does James do for him?
3. What does Shep Mr. Bailes' dog do when James comes that really annoys him and how does James finally handle it?
4. Describe Mrs. Rumney.
5. What are the two incidents that happen when Herriot is castrating pigs?
6. Describe the incident James dreams about when first in London with the RAF.
7. What is the biggest problem James encounters during his stay in Hensfield?
8. What is James' reaction at the sight of his newborn baby, what does he do and why is it funny?
9. How far away is Darrowby from Scarsborough where James is and what does that tempt him to do. Describe briefly what he does.
10. Describe Flight Sergeant Blackett and what surprises James about him.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)