|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the blind man's dog?
2. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Albert Close.
(b) Sidney Cartwright.
(c) Hubert Black.
(d) Edward Carey.
3. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
4. What does Herriot consider his Bible during his early veterinarian practice?
(a) Udall's Practice of Veterinary Medicine.
(b) The Wallace Book of Veterinary Medicine.
(c) Smith's Book of Veterinary Practice.
(d) Harvey's Rules of Veterinarians.
5. What is the most lasting memory James has of taking over the practice of Siegfried's college friend?
(a) Being able to help a poor family have a vacation.
(b) Successfully saving the Golden Retriever's leg.
(c) Being able to operate on a rickety kitchen table.
(d) Remaining honest at the GreyHound track.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breed of dog is the blind man's dog?
2. Where is James posted after his training in London?
3. What was the name of the man who was afraid James might accidentally castrate him because James was getting too close to his private parts with his scalpel?
4. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
5. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James use to attempt curing Rose, Mr. Bailes' cow, but who finally cures her and how?
2. What happens on the evening when Siegfried tells Tristan to stay at Skeldale house all evening?
3. What is James' relationship with the Ministry of Agriculture?
4. Who is Debbie and what is her fate?
5. Who is Granville Bennett and why does James dread coming together with him?
6. Tell the story of Oscar, the cat, briefly.
7. What does Siegfried chastise James about regarding an old-age pensioner and why does it turn our to be a paradox?
8. Describe Lord Hulton and the situation James faces with his sow who has a prolapsed uterus.
9. What lesson does James learn from Mr. Stokill?
10. How far away is Darrowby from Scarsborough where James is and what does that tempt him to do. Describe briefly what he does.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)