|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breed of dog is the blind man's dog?
(a) Labrador Retriever
(b) Golden Retriever
2. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
3. What did Hulton always count on his foreman to do for him?
(a) Groom his horses.
(b) Keep his cattle on the property.
(c) Pronounce Propamidine for him.
(d) Manage his other workmen.
4. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
(a) His hair.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His pipe.
(d) His mustache.
5. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
(a) Cairn terriers.
(c) Basset hounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
2. What is the name of the little farmer who is a strict Methodist and has a painful and embarrassing accident with a cow?
3. What is the fee James gets for the only doctoring he had done on a human?
4. What is the name of Helen's nurse?
5. What is the name of Mr. Bartles' dog who is poisoned by Strychnine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Kim and what happens to him?
2. Describe Mrs. Beck.
3. Describe Mr. Grover, Herriot's dentist in Darrowby and Hector McDarroch the dentist James went to as a child in Glasgow.
4. How far away is Darrowby from Scarsborough where James is and what does that tempt him to do. Describe briefly what he does.
5. Who is Debbie and what is her fate?
6. Describe Mrs. Rumney.
7. What are the two incidents that happen when Herriot is castrating pigs?
8. What was wrong with the dog in the car that waved James down when he was on his way home from castrating pigs and how does James handle the problem?
9. Describe Mr. Gilby, the farmer, and mention an embarrassing thing that happens to him.
10. Who is "the Butcher" and what does he do to James?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)