|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
(a) Cairn terriers.
(d) Basset hounds.
2. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
(a) A bay gelding.
(b) A black stallion.
(c) A grey filly.
(d) A while mare.
3. What is the name of the little farmer who is a strict Methodist and has a painful and embarrassing accident with a cow?
(a) Mr. Gilby.
(b) Mr. Gilmore.
(c) Mr. Gilligan.
(d) Mr. Trillby.
4. What breed is Mr. Bartles' dog?
(a) Cocker Spaniel
(b) Brittany Spaniel
5. What much does Herriot earn a day as Leading Aircraftsman?
(a) Three shillings.
(b) Seven and three pence.
(c) Five and eight pence.
(d) Six and four pence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Charlie?
2. What does Herriot consider his Bible during his early veterinarian practice?
3. What was the name of the man who was afraid James might accidentally castrate him because James was getting too close to his private parts with his scalpel?
4. What injury does the Golden Retriever have?
5. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does James encounter when is must inspect the dogs at the Greyhound racetrack?
2. What is the biggest problem James encounters during his stay in Hensfield?
3. What are the two incidents that happen when Herriot is castrating pigs?
4. Who are Albert Close and Mick and what is their story?
5. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds? Describe the establishment.
6. What are some thing Wesley Binks does to torment James?
7. What lesson does James learn from Mr. Stokill?
8. What experience does James have with Ralph Beamish the racehorse trainer?
9. Describe Johnny and his dog, Fergus.
10. Describe Lord Hulton and the situation James faces with his sow who has a prolapsed uterus.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)