|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the owner of the Greyhound Track?
(a) Mr. Stacker.
(b) Mr. Cokefield.
(c) Mr. Coker.
(d) Mr. Carter.
2. Where were James and his fellow RAF men billeted after being posted to their location?
(a) The Ritz Hotel.
(b) The Grand Hotel.
(c) THe Plaza Hotel.
(d) The Regent Hotel.
3. What cream does William Hulton swear by?
(a) Nivea Cream.
(b) Pond's Cream.
(c) Neosporin Cream.
(d) Propamidine Cream.
4. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
(a) Mrs. Dewburn.
(b) Mrs. Dewinkle.
(c) Mrs. Dudley.
(d) Mrs. Greenburn.
5. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the stray cat Mrs. Ainsworth befriends?
2. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
3. How many children does the vet who goes on vacation and leaves James in charge have?
4. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
5. What breed is Mr. Bartles' dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is James' reaction at the sight of his newborn baby, what does he do and why is it funny?
2. Who is Kim and what happens to him?
3. Describe Flight Sergeant Blackett and what surprises James about him.
4. What are the two incidents that happen when Herriot is castrating pigs?
5. Describe Mrs. Rumney.
6. Describe the incident James dreams about when first in London with the RAF.
7. What experience does James have with Ralph Beamish the racehorse trainer?
8. Describe Lord Hulton and the situation James faces with his sow who has a prolapsed uterus.
9. What was wrong with the dog in the car that waved James down when he was on his way home from castrating pigs and how does James handle the problem?
10. What does Shep Mr. Bailes' dog do when James comes that really annoys him and how does James finally handle it?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)