|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
2. What was the name of the man who was afraid James might accidentally castrate him because James was getting too close to his private parts with his scalpel?
(a) Kevin O'Haggarty
(b) Tim Mulligan
(c) John O'Reilly
(d) Rory O'Hagan
3. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
4. What is the name of the blind man's dog?
5. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) A bugle at 5:30 am.
(b) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
(c) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
(d) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cream does William Hulton swear by?
2. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
3. What is the name of the man whose skinned knee James treats?
4. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
5. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some thing Wesley Binks does to torment James?
2. Who is Debbie and what is her fate?
3. Describe Mrs. Beck.
4. What does James use to attempt curing Rose, Mr. Bailes' cow, but who finally cures her and how?
5. What does Shep Mr. Bailes' dog do when James comes that really annoys him and how does James finally handle it?
6. Who is Stewie Brannon and what does James do for him?
7. Describe Johnny and his dog, Fergus.
8. Who are Albert Close and Mick and what is their story?
9. What is James' reaction at the sight of his newborn baby, what does he do and why is it funny?
10. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds? Describe the establishment.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)