|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breed of dog is the blind man's dog?
(a) Golden Retriever
(c) Labrador Retriever
2. Who is the other AC2 member of the RAF who scared James while he was waiting to see the RAF dentist?
3. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His mustache.
(c) His hair.
(d) His pipe.
4. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
(b) A bugle at 5:30 am.
(c) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
(d) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
5. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
(a) Skeldale House.
(b) Hillside House.
(c) Darrowby House.
(d) The Droves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
2. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
3. What is the name of the village where Herriot goes to take over the practice of Siegfried's college buddy temporarily?
4. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
5. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is "the Butcher" and what does he do to James?
2. Describe Mrs. Rumney.
3. What problems does James encounter when is must inspect the dogs at the Greyhound racetrack?
4. Describe Paul Cotterell and his dog and what happens to them.
5. What happens to the little stray dog that James and Siegfried observe begging in the marketplace?
6. Describe Mr. Mount and his relationship with Tristan.
7. Describe James' first solo flight.
8. What are the names of the two dogs who are inseparable friends, what are their breeds and what happens to them?
9. Describe Johnny and his dog, Fergus.
10. What does James use to attempt curing Rose, Mr. Bailes' cow, but who finally cures her and how?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)