|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury does the Golden Retriever have?
(a) His hip is broken.
(b) His front leg is broken.
(c) His ribs are broken.
(d) His hind leg is broken.
2. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
(a) Mr. Hennessey's.
(b) Mr. Stokill's.
(c) Mr. Hewey's.
(d) Mr. Hargrove's.
3. Which dentist does James fear the least?
(a) Mr. McTavish.
(b) Mr. McDerroch.
(c) Mr. Dollinger.
(d) Mr. Grover.
4. What is the name of Mr. Bartles' dog who is poisoned by Strychnine?
5. The old shepherd's dog has what physical problem?
(a) Turned-in eyelids.
(b) Bladder infection.
(c) lame leg.
(d) Broken ribs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
2. What is the name of the Golden Retriever who is hit by a car?
3. What does the baby Sidney's father do for a living?
4. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
5. Who ends up owning Cedric?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some thing Wesley Binks does to torment James?
2. What lesson does James learn from Mr. Stokill?
3. What does James use to attempt curing Rose, Mr. Bailes' cow, but who finally cures her and how?
4. Describe Lord Hulton and the situation James faces with his sow who has a prolapsed uterus.
5. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds? Describe the establishment.
6. Who is Debbie and what is her fate?
7. What experience does James have with Ralph Beamish the racehorse trainer?
8. Describe Mr. Grover, Herriot's dentist in Darrowby and Hector McDarroch the dentist James went to as a child in Glasgow.
9. What is James' reaction at the sight of his newborn baby, what does he do and why is it funny?
10. Describe the incident James dreams about when first in London with the RAF.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)