|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
2. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
3. How long have James and Helen been married at the beginning of the book?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 8 months.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few weeks.
4. How many children does the vet who goes on vacation and leaves James in charge have?
5. What does Tristan make for every meal when Siegfried makes him cook?
(a) Eggs and ham.
(b) Porridge and bacon.
(c) Sausage and mash.
(d) Eggs and toast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
2. When James was reading Black's Veterinary Dictionary he was reminded about castrating what animals?
3. What is the fee James gets for the only doctoring he had done on a human?
4. What is the name of the owner of the Greyhound Track?
5. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Johnny and his dog, Fergus.
2. What are the two incidents that happen when Herriot is castrating pigs?
3. Describe Mrs. Rumney.
4. Why are Cedric the dog and Con Fenton such a perfect match?
5. Who are Albert Close and Mick and what is their story?
6. When James graduates from AC2 what does he become and how do his wages change?
7. What experience does James have with Ralph Beamish the racehorse trainer?
8. What is the biggest problem James encounters during his stay in Hensfield?
9. Who is Stewie Brannon and what does James do for him?
10. What was wrong with the dog in the car that waved James down when he was on his way home from castrating pigs and how does James handle the problem?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)