|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the baby Sidney's father do for a living?
(a) He's a butcher.
(b) He's a backer.
(c) He's a carpenter.
(d) He's a Chimney Sweep.
2. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
3. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
(b) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
(c) A bugle at 5:30 am.
(d) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
4. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
5. What is the most lasting memory James has of taking over the practice of Siegfried's college friend?
(a) Being able to operate on a rickety kitchen table.
(b) Successfully saving the Golden Retriever's leg.
(c) Being able to help a poor family have a vacation.
(d) Remaining honest at the GreyHound track.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
2. What is the name of the man whose skinned knee James treats?
3. What is the name of the little farmer who is a strict Methodist and has a painful and embarrassing accident with a cow?
4. What is the name of the dog adopted by the poor boy who plays pranks on James?
5. What profession does Jack Brimham have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two incidents that happen when Herriot is castrating pigs?
2. What does James use to attempt curing Rose, Mr. Bailes' cow, but who finally cures her and how?
3. Describe Johnny and his dog, Fergus.
4. Describe the incident James dreams about when first in London with the RAF.
5. Describe Mrs. Rumney.
6. What lesson does James learn from Mr. Stokill?
7. Who is Debbie and what is her fate?
8. Describe Mr. Grover, Herriot's dentist in Darrowby and Hector McDarroch the dentist James went to as a child in Glasgow.
9. What are some thing Wesley Binks does to torment James?
10. Who is Stewie Brannon and what does James do for him?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)