|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
(a) Tim Oakes.
(b) Jim Oakley.
(c) Larry Smith.
(d) Jerry Takley.
2. What profession does Jack Brimham have?
(a) He's a farmer.
(b) He's a shepherd.
(c) He's a preacher.
(d) He's a builder.
3. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
4. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
(a) Eleven pounds.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) Nine pounds.
(d) Eight pounds.
5. Which dentist does James fear the least?
(a) Mr. McDerroch.
(b) Mr. McTavish.
(c) Mr. Dollinger.
(d) Mr. Grover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the biggest problem James faces in the surgery he takes over for a couple weeks for Siegfried's friend?
2. What is the name of the little farmer who is a strict Methodist and has a painful and embarrassing accident with a cow?
3. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
4. What is the name of the old shepherd's dog who lay under the table at The Fox and Hounds?
5. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two incidents that happen when Herriot is castrating pigs?
2. Who is Kim and what happens to him?
3. Describe Flight Sergeant Blackett and what surprises James about him.
4. Describe the incident James dreams about when first in London with the RAF.
5. Describe Mr. Gilby, the farmer, and mention an embarrassing thing that happens to him.
6. What is the biggest problem James encounters during his stay in Hensfield?
7. How far away is Darrowby from Scarsborough where James is and what does that tempt him to do. Describe briefly what he does.
8. Describe Mr. Grover, Herriot's dentist in Darrowby and Hector McDarroch the dentist James went to as a child in Glasgow.
9. What was wrong with the dog in the car that waved James down when he was on his way home from castrating pigs and how does James handle the problem?
10. What does Shep Mr. Bailes' dog do when James comes that really annoys him and how does James finally handle it?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)