|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cream does William Hulton swear by?
(a) Nivea Cream.
(b) Neosporin Cream.
(c) Propamidine Cream.
(d) Pond's Cream.
2. What is the only thing James can see when he's marching through the thick London fog?
(a) The tower of London.
(b) The swinging lantern.
(c) The man ahead of him.
(d) The trees of the London park.
3. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
4. What noble title does William Hulton bear?
5. What is the fee James gets for the only doctoring he had done on a human?
(a) Five shillings.
(b) A sixpence.
(c) Seven pence.
(d) Six shillings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds?
2. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
3. How many children does the vet who goes on vacation and leaves James in charge have?
4. What is the name of the village where Herriot goes to take over the practice of Siegfried's college buddy temporarily?
5. What is the name of the little farmer who is a strict Methodist and has a painful and embarrassing accident with a cow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Debbie and what is her fate?
2. Describe Flight Sergeant Blackett and what surprises James about him.
3. Describe Mr. Grover, Herriot's dentist in Darrowby and Hector McDarroch the dentist James went to as a child in Glasgow.
4. Describe Mrs. Beck.
5. Why are Cedric the dog and Con Fenton such a perfect match?
6. Describe the incident James dreams about when first in London with the RAF.
7. What are the two incidents that happen when Herriot is castrating pigs?
8. What was wrong with the dog in the car that waved James down when he was on his way home from castrating pigs and how does James handle the problem?
9. Who is "the Butcher" and what does he do to James?
10. What experience does James have with Ralph Beamish the racehorse trainer?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)