|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brand of cigarette does Tristan smoke?
2. Who stands on top of the cart as the sheaves of corn are thrown up by James?
(a) Another RAFman.
(b) Two of the farmer's children.
(c) The farmer and his wife.
(d) A neighbor, who is also a farmer.
3. What kind of dog does Andrew Vine own?
(a) A Jack Russell terrier.
(b) A Westhighland terrier.
(c) A Cairn terrier.
(d) A fox terrier.
4. How old is the veterinary student who accompanies James on his rounds?
5. What is the name of the pharmaceutical representative who regularly called on Siegfried and James?
(a) Mr. Barton.
(b) Mr,. Bartley
(c) Mr. Baron.
(d) Mr. Barge.
6. What kind of dog does Mr. Rington have?
(a) A female Dalmation.
(b) A female Alsatian.
(c) A female Poodle.
(d) A female Bull Terrier.
7. What does Herriot's flying instructor say is "very good indeed, really masterly" about Herriot's first solo flight?
(a) The fact that he found his way back after being lost.
(b) The "side slip".
(c) His quick return to the flying field.
(d) The smooth landing.
8. What is the name of the latest product the pharmaceutical rep wants to sell Siegfried?
9. What is the name of the formidable man whose daughter, Deborah, Tristan is dating in Chapter 30?
(a) Mr. Mountbatton.
(b) Mr. Mount.
(c) Mr. Montague.
(d) Mr. Montgomery.
10. What physical problem does the old retired farmer have?
(a) A heart condition.
(c) A lame leg.
11. Who is Herriot's boss when he works at the stores?
(a) Corporal Weekes.
(b) Corporal Stockes.
(c) Corporal Tweekes.
(d) Corporal Westley.
12. Who prepares the food at the Winckfield flying school?
(a) Two grizzled old civilians who smoked pipes.
(b) Local women who wanted to serve their country.
(c) A retired chef and his assistant.
(d) Two of the wives of the RAF officers.
13. Where is Paul Cotterell from?
(a) The south of England.
(d) The west of England.
14. What does the aptitude test reveal James is good at?
(a) Mechanical things.
(b) Public relations.
15. Who is Raymond?
(a) A fellow vet in Darrowby.
(b) A college buddy of Tristan.
(c) A dog James treats.
(d) A neighbor of the man James visits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Mr. Ronald Beresford have?
2. What kind of dog is the elderly retired farmer's dog?
3. Where does Mr. Beresford have to move to?
4. Where is the convalescent home where James goes after the hospital located?
5. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)