|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the two childhood camping chums now while James is in the RAF in Shropshire?
(a) In Wales and Scotland.
(b) In France and India.
(c) In the Pacific and the Philippines.
(d) In the Middle East and Burma.
2. Who tells James about Paul's suicide?
(a) Mr. Songster.
(b) Mr. Sedley.
(c) Mr. Sandler.
(d) Mr. Sangster.
3. What do Siegfried and James miss attending because they have to operate on a little dog who has been hit by a car?
(a) A Christmas party.
(b) A banquet at the mayor's home.
(c) The Hunt Ball.
(d) A horse race.
4. What is Paul Cotterell's dog's name?
5. What is the name of the man with the loudest voice James has ever heard?
(a) Lon Henfield.
(b) Len Hampson.
(c) Lewis Hempson.
(d) Larry Hampton.
6. How old is the veterinary student who accompanies James on his rounds?
7. What job is James given when he works in the stores?
(a) Passing out boots and uniforms.
(b) Invoicing and organization.
(c) Doing the accounting.
(d) Sellling men's apparel.
8. What brand of cigarette does Tristan smoke?
9. Who prepares the food at the Winckfield flying school?
(a) Local women who wanted to serve their country.
(b) A retired chef and his assistant.
(c) Two of the wives of the RAF officers.
(d) Two grizzled old civilians who smoked pipes.
10. What is the name of Mr. Rington's dog?
11. What is the name of the pharmaceutical representative who regularly called on Siegfried and James?
(a) Mr,. Bartley
(b) Mr. Barton.
(c) Mr. Baron.
(d) Mr. Barge.
12. What is the name of the horse that has a serious case of canker?
13. Who is Emmeline?
(a) A new born puppy.
(b) A lady who owns a poodle.
(c) A rubber doll.
(d) A poodle.
14. What kind of dog is the elderly retired farmer's dog?
(a) A beagle.
(b) A cocker spaniel.
(c) A sheepdog.
(d) A brittany spaniel.
15. What profession does Mr. Ronald Beresford have?
(a) He's an inn keeper.
(b) He's a postal clerk.
(c) He's a lawyer.
(d) He's a bank manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
2. What is erecting eight sheaves of corn without them falling down called?
3. What is the name of the latest product the pharmaceutical rep wants to sell Siegfried?
4. What kind of bullock does Herriot treat in Chapter 23?
5. How old is Lucy?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)