|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Emmeline?
(a) A new born puppy.
(b) A lady who owns a poodle.
(c) A poodle.
(d) A rubber doll.
2. How many hours of instruction does James have before he is sent up for his first solo flight?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Fifteen hours.
(c) Nine hours.
(d) Ten hours.
3. What is the name of the pharmaceutical representative who regularly called on Siegfried and James?
(a) Mr. Barton.
(b) Mr. Barge.
(c) Mr,. Bartley
(d) Mr. Baron.
4. What kind of dog is the elderly retired farmer's dog?
(a) A sheepdog.
(b) A beagle.
(c) A cocker spaniel.
(d) A brittany spaniel.
5. What physical problem does the old retired farmer have?
(a) A lame leg.
(b) A heart condition.
6. How long is James in the convalescent home?
(a) Two months.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) A fortnight.
7. Where is the convalescent home where James goes after the hospital located?
(a) Whitestone, near Westminster.
(b) Puddlestone, near Leominster.
(c) Worthington, near Shropshire.
(d) Paddington, near Manchechester.
8. Where is the Flying School that James is sent to?
9. What is the name of the elderly retired farmer's dog?
10. What condition did James have all his life that gives him a secret fear in the RAF?
(a) Motion sickness.
(c) Heart murmur.
(d) Fear of heights.
11. What farmer is James allotted to help in Shropshire?
(a) Farmer Henley.
(b) Farmer Whyte.
(c) Farmer Edwards.
(d) Farmer Edmonds.
12. Early in his veterinary practice how many dogs traveled everywhere with Siegfried in his car?
13. Who ends up adopting the little stray dog who was hit by a car?
(a) J.M. Phinney,
(b) J.R. Phillips.
(c) P.C. Finney.
(d) P.C. Phelps.
14. How many children does the policeman who adopts the stray dog have and what are their sexes?
(a) Two girls.
(b) Two boys and one girl.
(c) Two boys.
(d) One boy and one girl.
15. Where was James posted after flying school?
(a) Lanton Park, Yorkshire.
(b) Heaton Park, Manchester.
(c) Mansfield Park, Dorchester.
(d) Winston Park, Shropshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal that James treats has peritonitis?
2. How much does Herriot's vet friend say he's going to charge him for the small operation performed on his dog, Sam?
3. Where is there a cow calving in Chapter 39?
4. What is Tubby Pinder enthusiastic about?
5. How old is the veterinary student who accompanies James on his rounds?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)