|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical problem does the bullock have?
(b) Heart worm.
(c) Liver fluke.
2. What is the name of the auctioneer James sees in Drovers Arms?
(a) George Wilks.
(b) Graham Windham.
(c) Gerald Wilkinson.
(d) Geoffrey Wilder.
3. What kind of bullock does Herriot treat in Chapter 23?
(a) A Gurnsey Cross.
(b) A pure Holstein.
(c) A pure Jersey.
(d) A Hereford Cross.
4. What physical problem does the old retired farmer have?
(a) A heart condition.
(d) A lame leg.
5. Where does Mr. Beresford have to move to?
6. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
7. What are the airmen put to work doing in a Shropshire town?
(a) Building a barracks for the RAF.
(b) Building a reservoir.
(c) Building a road.
(d) Building an air strip.
8. What are the names of the two inseparable dog friends in Chapter 31 and what breeds are they?
(a) Jessie, a White Cocker and Skippy, a Beagle.
(b) Dingo, a Bloodhound and Captain, a Bassett Hound.
(c) Jimmy, a Black Alsatian and Scooter, a Brindle Cairn.
(d) Jingo, a White Bull Terrier and Skipper, a Corgi.
9. What fatal disease does Paul's dog have?
(a) Hodgkin's disease.
(b) Lung cancer.
(d) Liver cancer.
10. What is the name of the son in the family whose members all talk at the same time?
11. Whose prize cow is saved from being slaughtered at the last minute?
(a) Mr. Moorhead's.
(b) Mr. Weaver's.
(c) Mr. Moverley's.
(d) Mr. Weatherley's.
12. What condition did James have all his life that gives him a secret fear in the RAF?
(b) Fear of heights.
(c) Motion sickness.
(d) Heart murmur.
13. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
(a) Number Eighty Seven.
(b) Number Seventy Eight.
14. What is the name of the student who goes with James on his rounds?
15. What brand of cigarette does Tristan smoke?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lucy?
2. Who is Raymond?
3. Who is Emmeline?
4. Who is Herriot's flying instructor?
5. Where is the convalescent home where James goes after the hospital located?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)