|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
2. Where is Paul Cotterell from?
(c) The south of England.
(d) The west of England.
3. Whose prize cow is saved from being slaughtered at the last minute?
(a) Mr. Moverley's.
(b) Mr. Weaver's.
(c) Mr. Moorhead's.
(d) Mr. Weatherley's.
4. What is Andrew's dog's name?
5. What is erecting eight sheaves of corn without them falling down called?
6. Who is Herriot's boss when he works at the stores?
(a) Corporal Westley.
(b) Corporal Weekes.
(c) Corporal Stockes.
(d) Corporal Tweekes.
7. Where was James posted after flying school?
(a) Mansfield Park, Dorchester.
(b) Winston Park, Shropshire.
(c) Lanton Park, Yorkshire.
(d) Heaton Park, Manchester.
8. What is the name of the elderly man James and Sam meet every day on their stroll by the river before lunch?
(a) Mr. Potley.
(b) Mr. Phelps.
(c) Mr. Potts.
(d) Mr. Pitts.
9. Who stands on top of the cart as the sheaves of corn are thrown up by James?
(a) Two of the farmer's children.
(b) A neighbor, who is also a farmer.
(c) Another RAFman.
(d) The farmer and his wife.
10. What kind of dog does Andrew Vine own?
(a) A Westhighland terrier.
(b) A Cairn terrier.
(c) A Jack Russell terrier.
(d) A fox terrier.
11. What color is Nellie the big cow?
(c) Black and white.
12. What kind of a dog is Coco and how old is he?
(a) He's a five-month-old beagle.
(b) He's a three-month-old poodle.
(c) He's a two-month-old dachshund.
(d) He's a six-month-old cocker spaniel.
13. Who is Herriot's flying instructor?
(a) Flying Officer Cromwell.
(b) Flying Officer Hartley.
(c) Flying Officer Woodham.
(d) Flying Officer Worthham.
14. What is the name of the owner of the dog in the tram?
(a) Richard Traverst.
(b) Ronald Trapley.
(c) Rodney Travens.
(d) Roddy Travers.
15. What is the name of the farmer who had a sick six-month-old calf?
(a) Mr. Snowdon.
(b) Mr. Sotheby.
(c) Mr. Sowden.
(d) Mr. Sowlent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Raymond?
2. What are the names of the two inseparable dog friends in Chapter 31 and what breeds are they?
3. How many hours of instruction does James have before he is sent up for his first solo flight?
4. What is the name of the latest product the pharmaceutical rep wants to sell Siegfried?
5. What job is James given when he works in the stores?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)