|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is erecting eight sheaves of corn without them falling down called?
2. What physical problem does the bullock have?
(c) Heart worm.
(d) Liver fluke.
3. Where is the convalescent home where James goes after the hospital located?
(a) Worthington, near Shropshire.
(b) Whitestone, near Westminster.
(c) Puddlestone, near Leominster.
(d) Paddington, near Manchechester.
4. What is the name of the student who goes with James on his rounds?
5. What condition did James have all his life that gives him a secret fear in the RAF?
(b) Fear of heights.
(c) Heart murmur.
(d) Motion sickness.
6. Early in his veterinary practice how many dogs traveled everywhere with Siegfried in his car?
7. What is the name of the owner of the dog in the tram?
(a) Ronald Trapley.
(b) Rodney Travens.
(c) Richard Traverst.
(d) Roddy Travers.
8. With what two friends did James go camping every weekend from Easter to October as a boy?
(a) Alex Taylor and Eddie Hutchison.
(b) Alan Taylor and Joey Harvey.
(c) Alvin Tennyson and Jimmy Hutchson.
(d) Albert Tanner and Eddie Harley.
9. What kind of dog is the elderly retired farmer's dog?
(a) A beagle.
(b) A sheepdog.
(c) A brittany spaniel.
(d) A cocker spaniel.
10. The date 1666 is carved in stone above the front door of the farm. What happened on that date that the student remembers?
(a) The great fire of London.
(b) The Magna Carta was signed.
(c) William the Conqueror arrived.
(d) The Vikings invaded.
11. What is the name of the farmer who had a sick six-month-old calf?
(a) Mr. Sowden.
(b) Mr. Sotheby.
(c) Mr. Sowlent.
(d) Mr. Snowdon.
12. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
(a) He delivers the breech birth of a calf easily.
(b) He delivers a lamb easily when the farmer cannot.
(c) He bandages a wound on one of the farmer's horses.
(d) He treats the farmer's dog who has a broken leg.
13. What does James dream of during an hour's nap in the waiting room of the flying school?
(a) His childhood in Scotland.
(b) Studying for his degree.
(c) Walking with Helen after going on rounds to a farm.
(d) His wedding day.
14. Who does Tristan throw out the French window?
15. How many children does the policeman who adopts the stray dog have and what are their sexes?
(a) Two girls.
(b) One boy and one girl.
(c) Two boys and one girl.
(d) Two boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the vet who always gets James drunk?
2. Who is Herriot's flying instructor?
3. What condition does Mr. Blackburn's cow have that makes her so weak and unable to give birth?
4. What farmer is James allotted to help in Shropshire?
5. What is the name of the formidable man whose daughter, Deborah, Tristan is dating in Chapter 30?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)