|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands on top of the cart as the sheaves of corn are thrown up by James?
(a) The farmer and his wife.
(b) Two of the farmer's children.
(c) A neighbor, who is also a farmer.
(d) Another RAFman.
2. What kind of dog is wheeled around in a pram?
(a) A cross-bred Greyhound.
(b) A Bassett Hound.
(c) A Bloodhound.
(d) A Beagle.
3. What is the name of the latest product the pharmaceutical rep wants to sell Siegfried?
4. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
(a) He treats the farmer's dog who has a broken leg.
(b) He bandages a wound on one of the farmer's horses.
(c) He delivers a lamb easily when the farmer cannot.
(d) He delivers the breech birth of a calf easily.
5. What is the name of the farm family whose three members all talk at the same time?
(a) The Birtwhistles.
(b) The Birtwhiffles.
(c) The Bertwents.
(d) The Bertleswirth.
6. Early in his veterinary practice how many dogs traveled everywhere with Siegfried in his car?
7. Who does Tristan throw out the French window?
8. What kind of bullock does Herriot treat in Chapter 23?
(a) A Hereford Cross.
(b) A pure Jersey.
(c) A pure Holstein.
(d) A Gurnsey Cross.
9. What is the name of Mr. Rington's dog?
10. How much does Herriot's vet friend say he's going to charge him for the small operation performed on his dog, Sam?
(a) Ten guineas.
(b) Ten shillings.
(c) Eight pence.
(d) Ten pence.
11. What is the name of the farmer who had a sick six-month-old calf?
(a) Mr. Sowden.
(b) Mr. Sowlent.
(c) Mr. Snowdon.
(d) Mr. Sotheby.
12. What does James have three cases of while he's going on rounds with the student?
(a) Giving birth.
(b) False pregnancy.
(d) Prolapsed uterus.
13. Which farmer who James visits to treat one of the animals has a very soft voice, almost a whisper?
(a) Elijah Wentworth.
(b) Elias Weatherly.
(c) Jeremiah Livingsworth.
(d) Elwood Westley.
14. What is the name of the horse that has a serious case of canker?
15. What profession does Mr. Ronald Beresford have?
(a) He's a bank manager.
(b) He's an inn keeper.
(c) He's a lawyer.
(d) He's a postal clerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prepares the food at the Winckfield flying school?
2. What fatal disease does Paul's dog have?
3. What physical problem does the old retired farmer have?
4. Who ends up adopting the little stray dog who was hit by a car?
5. What color is Nellie the big cow?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)