|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James dream of during an hour's nap in the waiting room of the flying school?
(a) Studying for his degree.
(b) His childhood in Scotland.
(c) Walking with Helen after going on rounds to a farm.
(d) His wedding day.
2. What is the name of the owner of the dog in the tram?
(a) Richard Traverst.
(b) Roddy Travers.
(c) Ronald Trapley.
(d) Rodney Travens.
3. Which farmer who James visits to treat one of the animals has a very soft voice, almost a whisper?
(a) Elias Weatherly.
(b) Jeremiah Livingsworth.
(c) Elwood Westley.
(d) Elijah Wentworth.
4. What is this latest pharmaceutical product supposed to cure?
(a) Shedding in dogs and cats.
(b) Farm animals and pets with diarrhea.
(c) Cows and pigs with indigestion.
(d) Farrowing sows and carsick pets.
5. Early in his veterinary practice how many dogs traveled everywhere with Siegfried in his car?
6. Whose prize cow is saved from being slaughtered at the last minute?
(a) Mr. Moorhead's.
(b) Mr. Moverley's.
(c) Mr. Weaver's.
(d) Mr. Weatherley's.
7. What is the name of the elderly man James and Sam meet every day on their stroll by the river before lunch?
(a) Mr. Potley.
(b) Mr. Pitts.
(c) Mr. Phelps.
(d) Mr. Potts.
8. What is the name of the farrowing pedigree sow who just gave birth?
9. What is the name of the auctioneer James sees in Drovers Arms?
(a) Graham Windham.
(b) Gerald Wilkinson.
(c) Geoffrey Wilder.
(d) George Wilks.
10. What kind of dog is the elderly retired farmer's dog?
(a) A brittany spaniel.
(b) A sheepdog.
(c) A cocker spaniel.
(d) A beagle.
11. What is the name of the wife of the vet who always get James drunk?
12. What phrase makes Herriot's blood freeze when he sees it in Miss Harbottle's handwriting?
(a) TB discovered.
(b) Rung Din.
(c) Ring Min.
(d) Time Out.
13. How many hours of instruction does James have before he is sent up for his first solo flight?
(a) Fifteen hours.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) Nine hours.
(d) Twelve hours.
14. Who stands on top of the cart as the sheaves of corn are thrown up by James?
(a) The farmer and his wife.
(b) Two of the farmer's children.
(c) A neighbor, who is also a farmer.
(d) Another RAFman.
15. What is the name of Mr. Rington's dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up adopting the little stray dog who was hit by a car?
2. Where is the Flying School that James is sent to?
3. What is the name of the latest product the pharmaceutical rep wants to sell Siegfried?
4. What is the name of the son in the family whose members all talk at the same time?
5. What do Siegfried and James notice one day as they shopped in the marketplace?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)