|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dog does Andrew Vine own?
(a) A Jack Russell terrier.
(b) A Westhighland terrier.
(c) A fox terrier.
(d) A Cairn terrier.
2. How much does Herriot's vet friend say he's going to charge him for the small operation performed on his dog, Sam?
(a) Ten guineas.
(b) Ten pence.
(c) Ten shillings.
(d) Eight pence.
3. Who stands on top of the cart as the sheaves of corn are thrown up by James?
(a) Two of the farmer's children.
(b) A neighbor, who is also a farmer.
(c) The farmer and his wife.
(d) Another RAFman.
4. What is Tubby Pinder enthusiastic about?
(b) Horse racing.
5. What is the name of the farrowing pedigree sow who just gave birth?
6. What fatal disease does Paul's dog have?
(a) Hodgkin's disease.
(b) Liver cancer.
(c) Lung cancer.
7. Who finally calms the sow down so that she'll suckle her 15 piglets?
(a) Grandad Hollin.
(d) Bob Cooper.
8. What are the names of the two inseparable dog friends in Chapter 31 and what breeds are they?
(a) Jingo, a White Bull Terrier and Skipper, a Corgi.
(b) Jessie, a White Cocker and Skippy, a Beagle.
(c) Jimmy, a Black Alsatian and Scooter, a Brindle Cairn.
(d) Dingo, a Bloodhound and Captain, a Bassett Hound.
9. The date 1666 is carved in stone above the front door of the farm. What happened on that date that the student remembers?
(a) The Magna Carta was signed.
(b) The Vikings invaded.
(c) William the Conqueror arrived.
(d) The great fire of London.
10. Where was James posted after flying school?
(a) Lanton Park, Yorkshire.
(b) Heaton Park, Manchester.
(c) Winston Park, Shropshire.
(d) Mansfield Park, Dorchester.
11. Where is there a cow calving in Chapter 39?
(a) Mr. Smith's North Farm.
(b) Mr. Roger's East Farm.
(c) Mr. William's West Dale Farm.
(d) Mr. Drover's South Farm.
12. How many hours of instruction does James have before he is sent up for his first solo flight?
(a) Fifteen hours.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) Ten hours.
(d) Nine hours.
13. Whose prize cow is saved from being slaughtered at the last minute?
(a) Mr. Moorhead's.
(b) Mr. Weaver's.
(c) Mr. Weatherley's.
(d) Mr. Moverley's.
14. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
(c) Number Seventy Eight.
(d) Number Eighty Seven.
15. What is the name of the farmer who had a sick six-month-old calf?
(a) Mr. Snowdon.
(b) Mr. Sowlent.
(c) Mr. Sowden.
(d) Mr. Sotheby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
2. What kind of dog does Mr. Rington have?
3. How old is the man with the dog in the tram?
4. Who is Raymond?
5. What does James have three cases of while he's going on rounds with the student?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)