|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James have three cases of while he's going on rounds with the student?
(a) Prolapsed uterus.
(b) False pregnancy.
(d) Giving birth.
2. What do Siegfried and James notice one day as they shopped in the marketplace?
(a) A little sick cat.
(b) A dog that's run over by a car.
(c) A limping dog.
(d) A little dog begging.
3. What are the airmen put to work doing in a Shropshire town?
(a) Building a reservoir.
(b) Building a barracks for the RAF.
(c) Building an air strip.
(d) Building a road.
4. What is the name of the elderly man James and Sam meet every day on their stroll by the river before lunch?
(a) Mr. Potley.
(b) Mr. Pitts.
(c) Mr. Phelps.
(d) Mr. Potts.
5. Where is the convalescent home where James goes after the hospital located?
(a) Puddlestone, near Leominster.
(b) Worthington, near Shropshire.
(c) Whitestone, near Westminster.
(d) Paddington, near Manchechester.
6. Who ends up adopting the little stray dog who was hit by a car?
(a) P.C. Finney.
(b) P.C. Phelps.
(c) J.R. Phillips.
(d) J.M. Phinney,
7. Who tells James about Paul's suicide?
(a) Mr. Sandler.
(b) Mr. Sedley.
(c) Mr. Sangster.
(d) Mr. Songster.
8. Who is Raymond?
(a) A college buddy of Tristan.
(b) A neighbor of the man James visits.
(c) A dog James treats.
(d) A fellow vet in Darrowby.
9. Which farmer who James visits to treat one of the animals has a very soft voice, almost a whisper?
(a) Elias Weatherly.
(b) Elwood Westley.
(c) Elijah Wentworth.
(d) Jeremiah Livingsworth.
10. Early in his veterinary practice how many dogs traveled everywhere with Siegfried in his car?
11. Who stands on top of the cart as the sheaves of corn are thrown up by James?
(a) Another RAFman.
(b) A neighbor, who is also a farmer.
(c) The farmer and his wife.
(d) Two of the farmer's children.
12. What do Siegfried and James miss attending because they have to operate on a little dog who has been hit by a car?
(a) A horse race.
(b) A Christmas party.
(c) The Hunt Ball.
(d) A banquet at the mayor's home.
13. What does Herriot's flying instructor say is "very good indeed, really masterly" about Herriot's first solo flight?
(a) The "side slip".
(b) His quick return to the flying field.
(c) The fact that he found his way back after being lost.
(d) The smooth landing.
14. Where is Paul Cotterell from?
(c) The south of England.
(d) The west of England.
15. How long is James in the convalescent home?
(a) A month.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) A week.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Rington's dog?
2. What is Paul Cotterell's dog's name?
3. What color are Helen's eyes?
4. What condition did James have all his life that gives him a secret fear in the RAF?
5. What kind of dog does Andrew Vine own?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)