|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Herriot's flying instructor?
(a) Flying Officer Worthham.
(b) Flying Officer Hartley.
(c) Flying Officer Cromwell.
(d) Flying Officer Woodham.
2. The date 1666 is carved in stone above the front door of the farm. What happened on that date that the student remembers?
(a) The Magna Carta was signed.
(b) William the Conqueror arrived.
(c) The Vikings invaded.
(d) The great fire of London.
3. How old is the man with the dog in the tram?
4. Whose prize cow is saved from being slaughtered at the last minute?
(a) Mr. Weatherley's.
(b) Mr. Moverley's.
(c) Mr. Weaver's.
(d) Mr. Moorhead's.
5. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
6. Who is Herriot's boss when he works at the stores?
(a) Corporal Stockes.
(b) Corporal Tweekes.
(c) Corporal Westley.
(d) Corporal Weekes.
7. Who prepares the food at the Winckfield flying school?
(a) Local women who wanted to serve their country.
(b) A retired chef and his assistant.
(c) Two grizzled old civilians who smoked pipes.
(d) Two of the wives of the RAF officers.
8. Who is the Divisional Inspector in charge of paper work for tuberculin testing?
(a) John Hargrove.
(b) Charles Harcourt
(c) John Holloway.
(d) Charles Henley.
9. What is Paul Cotterell's dog's name?
10. What kind of an ill animal does Mr. Fischer have?
(a) A huge black bull.
(b) A small, thin calf.
(c) A large white cow.
(d) A huge white pig.
11. With what two friends did James go camping every weekend from Easter to October as a boy?
(a) Albert Tanner and Eddie Harley.
(b) Alan Taylor and Joey Harvey.
(c) Alex Taylor and Eddie Hutchison.
(d) Alvin Tennyson and Jimmy Hutchson.
12. Who tells James about Paul's suicide?
(a) Mr. Songster.
(b) Mr. Sedley.
(c) Mr. Sandler.
(d) Mr. Sangster.
13. What is erecting eight sheaves of corn without them falling down called?
14. What kind of a dog is Coco and how old is he?
(a) He's a three-month-old poodle.
(b) He's a five-month-old beagle.
(c) He's a two-month-old dachshund.
(d) He's a six-month-old cocker spaniel.
15. What color are Helen's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the elderly retired farmer's dog?
2. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
3. What is the name of the farmer who had a sick six-month-old calf?
4. What is the name of the son in the family whose members all talk at the same time?
5. What is Andrew's dog's name?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)