|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Paul Cotterell from?
(a) The west of England.
(d) The south of England.
2. After six months at Scarborough how many miles can James trot along the beach and cliffs without any trouble?
3. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
4. Whose prize cow is saved from being slaughtered at the last minute?
(a) Mr. Moverley's.
(b) Mr. Weatherley's.
(c) Mr. Weaver's.
(d) Mr. Moorhead's.
5. What does the aptitude test reveal James is good at?
(b) Mechanical things.
(d) Public relations.
6. Where is there a cow calving in Chapter 39?
(a) Mr. Roger's East Farm.
(b) Mr. Drover's South Farm.
(c) Mr. Smith's North Farm.
(d) Mr. William's West Dale Farm.
7. What kind of bullock does Herriot treat in Chapter 23?
(a) A pure Holstein.
(b) A Hereford Cross.
(c) A pure Jersey.
(d) A Gurnsey Cross.
8. How old is the man with the dog in the tram?
9. Which farmer who James visits to treat one of the animals has a very soft voice, almost a whisper?
(a) Elijah Wentworth.
(b) Jeremiah Livingsworth.
(c) Elwood Westley.
(d) Elias Weatherly.
10. What are the names of the two inseparable dog friends in Chapter 31 and what breeds are they?
(a) Dingo, a Bloodhound and Captain, a Bassett Hound.
(b) Jingo, a White Bull Terrier and Skipper, a Corgi.
(c) Jessie, a White Cocker and Skippy, a Beagle.
(d) Jimmy, a Black Alsatian and Scooter, a Brindle Cairn.
11. Who is Raymond?
(a) A dog James treats.
(b) A fellow vet in Darrowby.
(c) A college buddy of Tristan.
(d) A neighbor of the man James visits.
12. What is the name of the horse that has a serious case of canker?
13. Who does Tristan throw out the French window?
14. What kind of dog is wheeled around in a pram?
(a) A cross-bred Greyhound.
(b) A Bassett Hound.
(c) A Beagle.
(d) A Bloodhound.
15. Who stands on top of the cart as the sheaves of corn are thrown up by James?
(a) The farmer and his wife.
(b) Another RAFman.
(c) Two of the farmer's children.
(d) A neighbor, who is also a farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the auctioneer James sees in Drovers Arms?
2. What kind of an ill animal does Mr. Fischer have?
3. What is the name of the son in the family whose members all talk at the same time?
4. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
5. Where was James posted after flying school?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)