|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is there a cow calving in Chapter 39?
(a) Mr. Smith's North Farm.
(b) Mr. Roger's East Farm.
(c) Mr. William's West Dale Farm.
(d) Mr. Drover's South Farm.
2. How long is James in the convalescent home?
(a) A week.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) Two months.
(d) A month.
3. What is the name of the horse that has a serious case of canker?
4. How old is Lucy?
5. Who is Herriot's boss when he works at the stores?
(a) Corporal Tweekes.
(b) Corporal Stockes.
(c) Corporal Weekes.
(d) Corporal Westley.
6. What are the names of the two inseparable dog friends in Chapter 31 and what breeds are they?
(a) Dingo, a Bloodhound and Captain, a Bassett Hound.
(b) Jingo, a White Bull Terrier and Skipper, a Corgi.
(c) Jimmy, a Black Alsatian and Scooter, a Brindle Cairn.
(d) Jessie, a White Cocker and Skippy, a Beagle.
7. What condition did James have all his life that gives him a secret fear in the RAF?
(b) Motion sickness.
(c) Heart murmur.
(d) Fear of heights.
8. What is the name of Mr. Rington's dog?
9. What is Paul Cotterell's dog's name?
10. What color are Helen's eyes?
11. What are the airmen put to work doing in a Shropshire town?
(a) Building an air strip.
(b) Building a road.
(c) Building a reservoir.
(d) Building a barracks for the RAF.
12. How old is the veterinary student who accompanies James on his rounds?
13. Who is the Divisional Inspector in charge of paper work for tuberculin testing?
(a) John Holloway.
(b) Charles Harcourt
(c) Charles Henley.
(d) John Hargrove.
14. What color is Nellie the big cow?
(b) Black and white.
15. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
(a) He delivers the breech birth of a calf easily.
(b) He delivers a lamb easily when the farmer cannot.
(c) He bandages a wound on one of the farmer's horses.
(d) He treats the farmer's dog who has a broken leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is this latest pharmaceutical product supposed to cure?
2. What is the name of the elderly retired farmer's dog?
3. What is the name of the pharmaceutical representative who regularly called on Siegfried and James?
4. How many children does the policeman who adopts the stray dog have and what are their sexes?
5. What phrase makes Herriot's blood freeze when he sees it in Miss Harbottle's handwriting?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)