|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the man with the dog in the tram?
2. Where are the two childhood camping chums now while James is in the RAF in Shropshire?
(a) In Wales and Scotland.
(b) In the Middle East and Burma.
(c) In France and India.
(d) In the Pacific and the Philippines.
3. Who stands on top of the cart as the sheaves of corn are thrown up by James?
(a) Another RAFman.
(b) A neighbor, who is also a farmer.
(c) Two of the farmer's children.
(d) The farmer and his wife.
4. What are the airmen put to work doing in a Shropshire town?
(a) Building a reservoir.
(b) Building a barracks for the RAF.
(c) Building a road.
(d) Building an air strip.
5. What phrase makes Herriot's blood freeze when he sees it in Miss Harbottle's handwriting?
(a) Ring Min.
(b) Rung Din.
(c) TB discovered.
(d) Time Out.
6. Who is Emmeline?
(a) A poodle.
(b) A rubber doll.
(c) A new born puppy.
(d) A lady who owns a poodle.
7. What physical problem does the bullock have?
(b) Heart worm.
(d) Liver fluke.
8. What physical problem does the old retired farmer have?
(c) A lame leg.
(d) A heart condition.
9. What is Andrew's dog's name?
10. What kind of dog is the elderly retired farmer's dog?
(a) A beagle.
(b) A brittany spaniel.
(c) A sheepdog.
(d) A cocker spaniel.
11. What fatal disease does Paul's dog have?
(a) Hodgkin's disease.
(b) Lung cancer.
(d) Liver cancer.
12. What is the name of the elderly retired farmer's dog?
13. What farmer is James allotted to help in Shropshire?
(a) Farmer Whyte.
(b) Farmer Edmonds.
(c) Farmer Edwards.
(d) Farmer Henley.
14. What is the name of the horse that has a serious case of canker?
15. What kind of dog does Mr. Rington have?
(a) A female Dalmation.
(b) A female Poodle.
(c) A female Alsatian.
(d) A female Bull Terrier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
2. What is the name of the wife of the vet who always get James drunk?
3. What is the name of the farrowing pedigree sow who just gave birth?
4. What kind of a dog is Coco and how old is he?
5. What is the name of the vet who always gets James drunk?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)