|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Herriot's boss when he works at the stores?
(a) Corporal Weekes.
(b) Corporal Stockes.
(c) Corporal Tweekes.
(d) Corporal Westley.
2. What is Paul Cotterell's dog's name?
3. How much does Herriot's vet friend say he's going to charge him for the small operation performed on his dog, Sam?
(a) Ten guineas.
(b) Eight pence.
(c) Ten shillings.
(d) Ten pence.
4. With what two friends did James go camping every weekend from Easter to October as a boy?
(a) Alex Taylor and Eddie Hutchison.
(b) Albert Tanner and Eddie Harley.
(c) Alvin Tennyson and Jimmy Hutchson.
(d) Alan Taylor and Joey Harvey.
5. What brand of cigarette does Tristan smoke?
6. Where is there a cow calving in Chapter 39?
(a) Mr. Roger's East Farm.
(b) Mr. William's West Dale Farm.
(c) Mr. Smith's North Farm.
(d) Mr. Drover's South Farm.
7. What physical problem does the bullock have?
(a) Liver fluke.
(d) Heart worm.
8. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
9. What condition did James have all his life that gives him a secret fear in the RAF?
(a) Motion sickness.
(c) Heart murmur.
(d) Fear of heights.
10. What is the name of the latest product the pharmaceutical rep wants to sell Siegfried?
11. Early in his veterinary practice how many dogs traveled everywhere with Siegfried in his car?
12. What farmer is James allotted to help in Shropshire?
(a) Farmer Henley.
(b) Farmer Edmonds.
(c) Farmer Edwards.
(d) Farmer Whyte.
13. What color are Helen's eyes?
14. What is the name of the student who goes with James on his rounds?
15. Where was James posted after flying school?
(a) Lanton Park, Yorkshire.
(b) Heaton Park, Manchester.
(c) Mansfield Park, Dorchester.
(d) Winston Park, Shropshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is erecting eight sheaves of corn without them falling down called?
2. What is the name of the farmer who had a sick six-month-old calf?
3. What is Tubby Pinder enthusiastic about?
4. What does James have three cases of while he's going on rounds with the student?
5. What fatal disease does Paul's dog have?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)