|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Herriot's boss when he works at the stores?
(a) Corporal Westley.
(b) Corporal Tweekes.
(c) Corporal Stockes.
(d) Corporal Weekes.
2. What brand of cigarette does Tristan smoke?
3. Who is the Divisional Inspector in charge of paper work for tuberculin testing?
(a) John Hargrove.
(b) Charles Harcourt
(c) John Holloway.
(d) Charles Henley.
4. What is the name of the son in the family whose members all talk at the same time?
5. How many children does the policeman who adopts the stray dog have and what are their sexes?
(a) One boy and one girl.
(b) Two girls.
(c) Two boys and one girl.
(d) Two boys.
6. What condition did James have all his life that gives him a secret fear in the RAF?
(a) Motion sickness.
(c) Heart murmur.
(d) Fear of heights.
7. What kind of dog does Andrew Vine own?
(a) A Cairn terrier.
(b) A Jack Russell terrier.
(c) A Westhighland terrier.
(d) A fox terrier.
8. How many hours of instruction does James have before he is sent up for his first solo flight?
(a) Nine hours.
(b) Fifteen hours.
(c) Twelve hours.
(d) Ten hours.
9. What condition does Mr. Blackburn's cow have that makes her so weak and unable to give birth?
(b) Milk fever.
(c) Breech birth.
10. What fatal disease does Paul's dog have?
(b) Lung cancer.
(c) Hodgkin's disease.
(d) Liver cancer.
11. What is Tubby Pinder enthusiastic about?
(a) Horse racing.
12. Which farmer who James visits to treat one of the animals has a very soft voice, almost a whisper?
(a) Jeremiah Livingsworth.
(b) Elwood Westley.
(c) Elijah Wentworth.
(d) Elias Weatherly.
13. After six months at Scarborough how many miles can James trot along the beach and cliffs without any trouble?
14. Who is Raymond?
(a) A dog James treats.
(b) A neighbor of the man James visits.
(c) A college buddy of Tristan.
(d) A fellow vet in Darrowby.
15. Where does Mr. Beresford have to move to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog is wheeled around in a pram?
2. Where is Paul Cotterell from?
3. What do Siegfried and James miss attending because they have to operate on a little dog who has been hit by a car?
4. What are the airmen put to work doing in a Shropshire town?
5. What color are Helen's eyes?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)