|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Rington's dog?
2. Who prepares the food at the Winckfield flying school?
(a) Two grizzled old civilians who smoked pipes.
(b) Two of the wives of the RAF officers.
(c) A retired chef and his assistant.
(d) Local women who wanted to serve their country.
3. How many children does the policeman who adopts the stray dog have and what are their sexes?
(a) Two boys.
(b) One boy and one girl.
(c) Two boys and one girl.
(d) Two girls.
4. What are the names of the two inseparable dog friends in Chapter 31 and what breeds are they?
(a) Dingo, a Bloodhound and Captain, a Bassett Hound.
(b) Jessie, a White Cocker and Skippy, a Beagle.
(c) Jimmy, a Black Alsatian and Scooter, a Brindle Cairn.
(d) Jingo, a White Bull Terrier and Skipper, a Corgi.
5. Where are the two childhood camping chums now while James is in the RAF in Shropshire?
(a) In Wales and Scotland.
(b) In the Middle East and Burma.
(c) In the Pacific and the Philippines.
(d) In France and India.
6. Who is Emmeline?
(a) A rubber doll.
(b) A poodle.
(c) A lady who owns a poodle.
(d) A new born puppy.
7. Where is there a cow calving in Chapter 39?
(a) Mr. Smith's North Farm.
(b) Mr. Roger's East Farm.
(c) Mr. William's West Dale Farm.
(d) Mr. Drover's South Farm.
8. What is Tubby Pinder enthusiastic about?
(b) Horse racing.
9. What is the name of the auctioneer James sees in Drovers Arms?
(a) George Wilks.
(b) Geoffrey Wilder.
(c) Gerald Wilkinson.
(d) Graham Windham.
10. What is the name of the owner of the dog in the tram?
(a) Ronald Trapley.
(b) Rodney Travens.
(c) Roddy Travers.
(d) Richard Traverst.
11. What is the name of the latest product the pharmaceutical rep wants to sell Siegfried?
12. What physical problem does the bullock have?
(a) Liver fluke.
(b) Heart worm.
13. What is the name of the farm family whose three members all talk at the same time?
(a) The Bertleswirth.
(b) The Birtwhistles.
(c) The Birtwhiffles.
(d) The Bertwents.
14. What kind of a dog is Coco and how old is he?
(a) He's a three-month-old poodle.
(b) He's a two-month-old dachshund.
(c) He's a six-month-old cocker spaniel.
(d) He's a five-month-old beagle.
15. What does James have three cases of while he's going on rounds with the student?
(a) Giving birth.
(b) False pregnancy.
(d) Prolapsed uterus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Paul Cotterell from?
2. What is the name of the farrowing pedigree sow who just gave birth?
3. What profession does Mr. Ronald Beresford have?
4. What does Herriot's flying instructor say is "very good indeed, really masterly" about Herriot's first solo flight?
5. What is the name of the man with the loudest voice James has ever heard?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)