|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the veterinary student who accompanies James on his rounds?
2. What is the name of the latest product the pharmaceutical rep wants to sell Siegfried?
3. Who does Tristan throw out the French window?
4. What physical problem does the old retired farmer have?
(a) A heart condition.
(c) A lame leg.
5. What kind of a dog is Coco and how old is he?
(a) He's a two-month-old dachshund.
(b) He's a five-month-old beagle.
(c) He's a three-month-old poodle.
(d) He's a six-month-old cocker spaniel.
6. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
(a) Number Eighty Seven.
(b) Number Seventy Eight.
7. What do Siegfried and James miss attending because they have to operate on a little dog who has been hit by a car?
(a) A Christmas party.
(b) A horse race.
(c) A banquet at the mayor's home.
(d) The Hunt Ball.
8. Where is the convalescent home where James goes after the hospital located?
(a) Worthington, near Shropshire.
(b) Puddlestone, near Leominster.
(c) Paddington, near Manchechester.
(d) Whitestone, near Westminster.
9. What job is James given when he works in the stores?
(a) Passing out boots and uniforms.
(b) Doing the accounting.
(c) Invoicing and organization.
(d) Sellling men's apparel.
10. Whose prize cow is saved from being slaughtered at the last minute?
(a) Mr. Weatherley's.
(b) Mr. Weaver's.
(c) Mr. Moorhead's.
(d) Mr. Moverley's.
11. What is Tubby Pinder enthusiastic about?
(c) Horse racing.
12. Who tells James about Paul's suicide?
(a) Mr. Sandler.
(b) Mr. Sedley.
(c) Mr. Songster.
(d) Mr. Sangster.
13. What phrase makes Herriot's blood freeze when he sees it in Miss Harbottle's handwriting?
(a) Ring Min.
(b) TB discovered.
(c) Rung Din.
(d) Time Out.
14. What is the name of the horse that has a serious case of canker?
15. Who prepares the food at the Winckfield flying school?
(a) A retired chef and his assistant.
(b) Two grizzled old civilians who smoked pipes.
(c) Local women who wanted to serve their country.
(d) Two of the wives of the RAF officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does the policeman who adopts the stray dog have and what are their sexes?
2. What color are Helen's eyes?
3. What kind of dog is wheeled around in a pram?
4. How old is Lucy?
5. What animal that James treats has peritonitis?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)