|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the vet who always gets James drunk?
(a) Hubert Barnsford.
(b) Elwood Barrett.
(c) Dudley Bartlett.
(d) Granville Bennett.
2. What kind of bullock does Herriot treat in Chapter 23?
(a) A pure Holstein.
(b) A Hereford Cross.
(c) A pure Jersey.
(d) A Gurnsey Cross.
3. What is the name of the elderly retired farmer's dog?
4. How old is the man with the dog in the tram?
5. What is Tubby Pinder enthusiastic about?
(c) Horse racing.
6. What is Paul Cotterell's dog's name?
7. Who tells James about Paul's suicide?
(a) Mr. Sandler.
(b) Mr. Sangster.
(c) Mr. Songster.
(d) Mr. Sedley.
8. Who prepares the food at the Winckfield flying school?
(a) A retired chef and his assistant.
(b) Local women who wanted to serve their country.
(c) Two grizzled old civilians who smoked pipes.
(d) Two of the wives of the RAF officers.
9. What is the name of the pharmaceutical representative who regularly called on Siegfried and James?
(a) Mr. Baron.
(b) Mr. Barton.
(c) Mr. Barge.
(d) Mr,. Bartley
10. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
(a) Number Eighty Seven.
(c) Number Seventy Eight.
11. What are the airmen put to work doing in a Shropshire town?
(a) Building a barracks for the RAF.
(b) Building a reservoir.
(c) Building a road.
(d) Building an air strip.
12. How many hours of instruction does James have before he is sent up for his first solo flight?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) Fifteen hours.
(d) Nine hours.
13. What does James have three cases of while he's going on rounds with the student?
(b) False pregnancy.
(c) Prolapsed uterus.
(d) Giving birth.
14. What kind of dog does Andrew Vine own?
(a) A Jack Russell terrier.
(b) A fox terrier.
(c) A Cairn terrier.
(d) A Westhighland terrier.
15. How old is the veterinary student who accompanies James on his rounds?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Beresford have to move to?
2. What is the name of the elderly man James and Sam meet every day on their stroll by the river before lunch?
3. What kind of a dog is Coco and how old is he?
4. What is the name of the wife of the vet who always get James drunk?
5. Where are the two childhood camping chums now while James is in the RAF in Shropshire?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)