|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bullock does Herriot treat in Chapter 23?
(a) A pure Jersey.
(b) A Hereford Cross.
(c) A pure Holstein.
(d) A Gurnsey Cross.
2. Who is Raymond?
(a) A neighbor of the man James visits.
(b) A college buddy of Tristan.
(c) A fellow vet in Darrowby.
(d) A dog James treats.
3. What job is James given when he works in the stores?
(a) Doing the accounting.
(b) Invoicing and organization.
(c) Sellling men's apparel.
(d) Passing out boots and uniforms.
4. What is the name of Mr. Rington's dog?
5. Who finally calms the sow down so that she'll suckle her 15 piglets?
(a) Grandad Hollin.
(d) Bob Cooper.
6. Where is the Flying School that James is sent to?
7. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
(a) Number Seventy Eight.
(b) Number Eighty Seven.
8. What is the name of the man with the loudest voice James has ever heard?
(a) Lon Henfield.
(b) Len Hampson.
(c) Larry Hampton.
(d) Lewis Hempson.
9. What is Paul Cotterell's dog's name?
10. Where is the convalescent home where James goes after the hospital located?
(a) Whitestone, near Westminster.
(b) Puddlestone, near Leominster.
(c) Paddington, near Manchechester.
(d) Worthington, near Shropshire.
11. What is the name of the auctioneer James sees in Drovers Arms?
(a) Gerald Wilkinson.
(b) George Wilks.
(c) Graham Windham.
(d) Geoffrey Wilder.
12. What kind of a dog is Coco and how old is he?
(a) He's a three-month-old poodle.
(b) He's a six-month-old cocker spaniel.
(c) He's a five-month-old beagle.
(d) He's a two-month-old dachshund.
13. What is the name of the formidable man whose daughter, Deborah, Tristan is dating in Chapter 30?
(a) Mr. Montague.
(b) Mr. Montgomery.
(c) Mr. Mount.
(d) Mr. Mountbatton.
14. Early in his veterinary practice how many dogs traveled everywhere with Siegfried in his car?
15. What is the name of the horse that has a serious case of canker?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of an ill animal does Mr. Fischer have?
2. What kind of dog is wheeled around in a pram?
3. Who tells James about Paul's suicide?
4. What is this latest pharmaceutical product supposed to cure?
5. What are the names of the two inseparable dog friends in Chapter 31 and what breeds are they?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)