|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prepares the food at the Winckfield flying school?
(a) Local women who wanted to serve their country.
(b) Two grizzled old civilians who smoked pipes.
(c) Two of the wives of the RAF officers.
(d) A retired chef and his assistant.
2. What is the name of the farm family whose three members all talk at the same time?
(a) The Bertwents.
(b) The Birtwhistles.
(c) The Birtwhiffles.
(d) The Bertleswirth.
3. What condition did James have all his life that gives him a secret fear in the RAF?
(b) Fear of heights.
(c) Motion sickness.
(d) Heart murmur.
4. Who finally calms the sow down so that she'll suckle her 15 piglets?
(a) Grandad Hollin.
(c) Bob Cooper.
5. How old is the man with the dog in the tram?
6. Where is the convalescent home where James goes after the hospital located?
(a) Whitestone, near Westminster.
(b) Paddington, near Manchechester.
(c) Puddlestone, near Leominster.
(d) Worthington, near Shropshire.
7. What does Herriot's flying instructor say is "very good indeed, really masterly" about Herriot's first solo flight?
(a) The smooth landing.
(b) His quick return to the flying field.
(c) The fact that he found his way back after being lost.
(d) The "side slip".
8. What do Siegfried and James notice one day as they shopped in the marketplace?
(a) A limping dog.
(b) A little sick cat.
(c) A little dog begging.
(d) A dog that's run over by a car.
9. What kind of dog is wheeled around in a pram?
(a) A Bloodhound.
(b) A cross-bred Greyhound.
(c) A Beagle.
(d) A Bassett Hound.
10. How old is Lucy?
11. What job is James given when he works in the stores?
(a) Passing out boots and uniforms.
(b) Invoicing and organization.
(c) Sellling men's apparel.
(d) Doing the accounting.
12. What kind of an ill animal does Mr. Fischer have?
(a) A large white cow.
(b) A huge white pig.
(c) A huge black bull.
(d) A small, thin calf.
13. What is the name of Mr. Rington's dog?
14. What does the aptitude test reveal James is good at?
(b) Mechanical things.
(c) Public relations.
15. What does James dream of during an hour's nap in the waiting room of the flying school?
(a) Studying for his degree.
(b) His childhood in Scotland.
(c) Walking with Helen after going on rounds to a farm.
(d) His wedding day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two inseparable dog friends in Chapter 31 and what breeds are they?
2. What is the name of the farmer who had a sick six-month-old calf?
3. What is the name of the wife of the vet who always get James drunk?
4. What is Andrew's dog's name?
5. What color are Helen's eyes?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)