|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the pharmaceutical representative who regularly called on Siegfried and James?
(a) Mr. Barge.
(b) Mr. Barton.
(c) Mr,. Bartley
(d) Mr. Baron.
2. What job is James given when he works in the stores?
(a) Invoicing and organization.
(b) Doing the accounting.
(c) Passing out boots and uniforms.
(d) Sellling men's apparel.
3. What is the name of the formidable man whose daughter, Deborah, Tristan is dating in Chapter 30?
(a) Mr. Montague.
(b) Mr. Mount.
(c) Mr. Montgomery.
(d) Mr. Mountbatton.
4. With what two friends did James go camping every weekend from Easter to October as a boy?
(a) Albert Tanner and Eddie Harley.
(b) Alvin Tennyson and Jimmy Hutchson.
(c) Alex Taylor and Eddie Hutchison.
(d) Alan Taylor and Joey Harvey.
5. What is the name of the wife of the vet who always get James drunk?
6. The date 1666 is carved in stone above the front door of the farm. What happened on that date that the student remembers?
(a) The Vikings invaded.
(b) The Magna Carta was signed.
(c) The great fire of London.
(d) William the Conqueror arrived.
7. What phrase makes Herriot's blood freeze when he sees it in Miss Harbottle's handwriting?
(a) Ring Min.
(b) Rung Din.
(c) Time Out.
(d) TB discovered.
8. What is the name of Mr. Rington's dog?
9. How many hours of instruction does James have before he is sent up for his first solo flight?
(a) Fifteen hours.
(b) Nine hours.
(c) Ten hours.
(d) Twelve hours.
10. What does the aptitude test reveal James is good at?
(c) Public relations.
(d) Mechanical things.
11. What is the name of the elderly man James and Sam meet every day on their stroll by the river before lunch?
(a) Mr. Phelps.
(b) Mr. Potts.
(c) Mr. Potley.
(d) Mr. Pitts.
12. Who is Raymond?
(a) A dog James treats.
(b) A neighbor of the man James visits.
(c) A fellow vet in Darrowby.
(d) A college buddy of Tristan.
13. What kind of an ill animal does Mr. Fischer have?
(a) A small, thin calf.
(b) A large white cow.
(c) A huge black bull.
(d) A huge white pig.
14. What physical problem does the old retired farmer have?
(b) A heart condition.
(d) A lame leg.
15. What is the name of the latest product the pharmaceutical rep wants to sell Siegfried?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bullock does Herriot treat in Chapter 23?
2. Where is Paul Cotterell from?
3. What is the name of the horse that has a serious case of canker?
4. What is Andrew's dog's name?
5. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)