|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Beresford have to move to?
2. What is the name of Mr. Rington's dog?
3. What is the name of the farrowing pedigree sow who just gave birth?
4. How long is James in the convalescent home?
(a) A week.
(b) Two months.
(c) A month.
(d) A fortnight.
5. Whose prize cow is saved from being slaughtered at the last minute?
(a) Mr. Weatherley's.
(b) Mr. Moverley's.
(c) Mr. Moorhead's.
(d) Mr. Weaver's.
6. How much does Herriot's vet friend say he's going to charge him for the small operation performed on his dog, Sam?
(a) Ten shillings.
(b) Ten guineas.
(c) Eight pence.
(d) Ten pence.
7. What kind of dog does Mr. Rington have?
(a) A female Poodle.
(b) A female Alsatian.
(c) A female Dalmation.
(d) A female Bull Terrier.
8. Who tells James about Paul's suicide?
(a) Mr. Songster.
(b) Mr. Sedley.
(c) Mr. Sangster.
(d) Mr. Sandler.
9. Who is Herriot's boss when he works at the stores?
(a) Corporal Weekes.
(b) Corporal Westley.
(c) Corporal Tweekes.
(d) Corporal Stockes.
10. How old is the veterinary student who accompanies James on his rounds?
11. Who prepares the food at the Winckfield flying school?
(a) A retired chef and his assistant.
(b) Two grizzled old civilians who smoked pipes.
(c) Two of the wives of the RAF officers.
(d) Local women who wanted to serve their country.
12. What do Siegfried and James miss attending because they have to operate on a little dog who has been hit by a car?
(a) A Christmas party.
(b) A banquet at the mayor's home.
(c) A horse race.
(d) The Hunt Ball.
13. What is the name of the owner of the dog in the tram?
(a) Roddy Travers.
(b) Rodney Travens.
(c) Richard Traverst.
(d) Ronald Trapley.
14. Who is Raymond?
(a) A neighbor of the man James visits.
(b) A dog James treats.
(c) A fellow vet in Darrowby.
(d) A college buddy of Tristan.
15. What color is Nellie the big cow?
(c) Black and white.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tristan throw out the French window?
2. What does Herriot's flying instructor say is "very good indeed, really masterly" about Herriot's first solo flight?
3. What is the name of the auctioneer James sees in Drovers Arms?
4. What is the name of the latest product the pharmaceutical rep wants to sell Siegfried?
5. What is the name of the elderly man James and Sam meet every day on their stroll by the river before lunch?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)