|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
(a) Mr. Broadmore.
(b) Mr. Barrymore.
(c) Mr. Brookside.
(d) Mr. Boardman.
2. What does Herriot consider his Bible during his early veterinarian practice?
(a) Udall's Practice of Veterinary Medicine.
(b) Harvey's Rules of Veterinarians.
(c) The Wallace Book of Veterinary Medicine.
(d) Smith's Book of Veterinary Practice.
3. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
4. How long have James and Helen been married at the beginning of the book?
(a) 8 months.
(b) A few months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) A few weeks.
5. What do James and Helen name the baby?
6. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
7. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
(a) A large glass of beer and bread and cheese.
(b) Hot Earl Grey tea and scones.
(c) Hot coffee and two slices of bread with butter and honey.
(d) Hot chocolate and breakfast cake.
8. What are the names of the couple whose Golden Retriever is run over by a car?
(a) Peter and Marjorie Gilliard.
(b) Jim and Lucy Gothworth.
(c) John and Mary Gilford.
(d) Peter and Minerva Goddard.
9. What is the only thing James can see when he's marching through the thick London fog?
(a) The tower of London.
(b) The swinging lantern.
(c) The man ahead of him.
(d) The trees of the London park.
10. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
(a) Mr. Hargrove's.
(b) Mr. Hewey's.
(c) Mr. Hennessey's.
(d) Mr. Stokill's.
11. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
(a) Mrs. Dudley.
(b) Mrs. Dewinkle.
(c) Mrs. Greenburn.
(d) Mrs. Dewburn.
12. What is the name of the man who comes to pick up Mr. Dakin's cow for the fatstock market?
(a) John Hodgson.
(b) Alfred Dodge.
(c) Jack Dodson.
(d) Humphrey Logan.
13. What was the name of the man who was afraid James might accidentally castrate him because James was getting too close to his private parts with his scalpel?
(a) Kevin O'Haggarty
(b) John O'Reilly
(c) Rory O'Hagan
(d) Tim Mulligan
14. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
(a) A bay gelding.
(b) A while mare.
(c) A grey filly.
(d) A black stallion.
15. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does the poor prankster's dog have?
2. What is the fee James gets for the only doctoring he had done on a human?
3. What is the name of Helen's nurse?
4. What is the name of the nursing home Helen is in before she gives birth?
5. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)