|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Bartles' dog who is poisoned by Strychnine?
2. What is the name of the estate owned by Mrs. Rumney?
(a) Chestnut Hill.
(b) The Laurels.
(c) The Willows.
(d) The Oaks.
3. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
(a) Mr. Stokill's.
(b) Mr. Hargrove's.
(c) Mr. Hewey's.
(d) Mr. Hennessey's.
4. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
(a) They lose their appetitie completely.
(b) Extreme diarrhea.
(c) The eyes begin to retreat into the head.
(d) Continual vomiting.
5. Where is James posted after his training in London?
(a) Glasgow in Scotland.
(b) Aberystwyth in Wales.
(c) Newquary in Cornwall.
(d) Scarborough in Yorkshire.
6. What does Jack Brimham's dog look like?
(a) He's a little black miniature schnauzer.
(b) He's a large black and white border collie.
(c) He's a little white rough-haired terrier.
(d) He's a little brown dachshund.
7. What is the name of the owner of the Greyhound Track?
(a) Mr. Carter.
(b) Mr. Coker.
(c) Mr. Cokefield.
(d) Mr. Stacker.
8. What much does Herriot earn a day as Leading Aircraftsman?
(a) Six and four pence.
(b) Seven and three pence.
(c) Three shillings.
(d) Five and eight pence.
9. What is the name of the dog adopted by the poor boy who plays pranks on James?
10. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
(a) Eight pounds.
(b) Nine pounds.
(c) Eleven pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
11. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
(a) James Herriot.
(b) Mr. Dankin.
(c) Mrs. Rumney.
(d) Mrs. Humphrey.
12. What disease does the poor prankster's dog have?
13. What are the names of the couple whose Golden Retriever is run over by a car?
(a) Peter and Minerva Goddard.
(b) Peter and Marjorie Gilliard.
(c) Jim and Lucy Gothworth.
(d) John and Mary Gilford.
14. What breed of dog is the blind man's dog?
(a) Golden Retriever
(d) Labrador Retriever
15. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) A bugle at 5:30 am.
(b) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
(c) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
(d) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the baby Sidney's father do for a living?
2. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
3. What does Mrs. Ainsworth name the little kitten brought to her by the dying mother cat on Christmas Day?
4. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
5. Who is the other AC2 member of the RAF who scared James while he was waiting to see the RAF dentist?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)