|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breed is Mr. Bartles' dog?
(a) Cocker Spaniel
(c) Brittany Spaniel
2. What breed of dog is the blind man's dog?
(b) Golden Retriever
(d) Labrador Retriever
3. What is the only thing James can see when he's marching through the thick London fog?
(a) The tower of London.
(b) The swinging lantern.
(c) The trees of the London park.
(d) The man ahead of him.
4. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
(a) William Brink.
(b) Wesley Binks.
(c) Tommy Banks.
(d) Desmond Winks.
5. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
6. What is the name of the man who comes to pick up Mr. Dakin's cow for the fatstock market?
(a) Humphrey Logan.
(b) John Hodgson.
(c) Jack Dodson.
(d) Alfred Dodge.
7. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Mr. Waters.
(b) Mr. Waverly.
(c) Mr. Wentworth.
(d) Mr. Webber.
8. What is the name of the old shepherd's dog who lay under the table at The Fox and Hounds?
9. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
(a) Mrs. Dewburn.
(b) Mrs. Dewinkle.
(c) Mrs. Dudley.
(d) Mrs. Greenburn.
10. Who is Charlie?
(a) Hulton's favorite dog.
(b) Hulton's farm foreman.
(c) Hulton's prize pig.
(d) Hulton's prize horse.
11. How much does the operation on the shepherd's dog cost?
(a) One pound.
(b) Two pounds.
(c) Twelve Shillings.
(d) One and a half pounds.
12. Where were James and his fellow RAF men billeted after being posted to their location?
(a) THe Plaza Hotel.
(b) The Grand Hotel.
(c) The Regent Hotel.
(d) The Ritz Hotel.
13. The old shepherd's dog has what physical problem?
(a) Broken ribs.
(b) Turned-in eyelids.
(c) Bladder infection.
(d) lame leg.
14. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
(a) Eight pounds.
(b) Nine pounds.
(c) Eleven pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
15. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the little farmer who is a strict Methodist and has a painful and embarrassing accident with a cow?
2. What was the name of the man who was afraid James might accidentally castrate him because James was getting too close to his private parts with his scalpel?
3. What do James and Helen name the baby?
4. What is the biggest problem James faces in the surgery he takes over for a couple weeks for Siegfried's friend?
5. What noble title does William Hulton bear?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)