|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breed of dog is the blind man's dog?
(a) Golden Retriever
(c) Labrador Retriever
2. Who is the other AC2 member of the RAF who scared James while he was waiting to see the RAF dentist?
3. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His mustache.
(c) His hair.
(d) His pipe.
4. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
(b) A bugle at 5:30 am.
(c) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
(d) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
5. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
(a) Skeldale House.
(b) Hillside House.
(c) Darrowby House.
(d) The Droves.
6. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
(b) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
7. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
8. What is the name of the village where Herriot goes to take over the practice of Siegfried's college buddy temporarily?
9. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
10. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
(a) Mrs. Greenburn.
(b) Mrs. Dewinkle.
(c) Mrs. Dudley.
(d) Mrs. Dewburn.
11. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
(a) Hot chocolate and breakfast cake.
(b) Hot coffee and two slices of bread with butter and honey.
(c) Hot Earl Grey tea and scones.
(d) A large glass of beer and bread and cheese.
12. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
13. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
(a) Louie Brayshaw.
(b) Stewie Brannon.
(c) Joey Branquist.
(d) Jimmy Brennen.
14. What is the biggest problem James faces in the surgery he takes over for a couple weeks for Siegfried's friend?
(a) Dirty medicine bottles.
(b) A rickety, collapsing kitchen table.
(c) Not enough light to operate by.
(d) Too much noise.
15. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
(a) Mr. Barrymore.
(b) Mr. Boardman.
(c) Mr. Brookside.
(d) Mr. Broadmore.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
2. What is the name of the Golden Retriever who is hit by a car?
3. Where were James and his fellow RAF men billeted after being posted to their location?
4. What is the name of the stray cat Mrs. Ainsworth befriends?
5. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)