|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Bartles' dog who is poisoned by Strychnine?
2. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
(a) Mr. Barrymore.
(b) Mr. Broadmore.
(c) Mr. Brookside.
(d) Mr. Boardman.
3. What did Hulton always count on his foreman to do for him?
(a) Groom his horses.
(b) Manage his other workmen.
(c) Keep his cattle on the property.
(d) Pronounce Propamidine for him.
4. What is the name of the dog adopted by the poor boy who plays pranks on James?
5. What breed of dog is the blind man's dog?
(b) Golden Retriever
(c) Labrador Retriever
6. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
(a) Desmond Winks.
(b) Wesley Binks.
(c) Tommy Banks.
(d) William Brink.
7. What is the name of Helen's nurse?
(a) Nurse Green.
(b) Nurse Brown.
(c) Nurse White.
(d) Nurse Black.
8. How much does the operation on the shepherd's dog cost?
(a) Two pounds.
(b) One pound.
(c) Twelve Shillings.
(d) One and a half pounds.
9. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
(a) Mrs. Holroyd.
(b) Mrs. Hollyfield.
(c) Mrs. Hatfield.
(d) Mrs. McCoy.
10. What profession does Jack Brimham have?
(a) He's a builder.
(b) He's a preacher.
(c) He's a shepherd.
(d) He's a farmer.
11. What much does Herriot earn a day as Leading Aircraftsman?
(a) Seven and three pence.
(b) Five and eight pence.
(c) Six and four pence.
(d) Three shillings.
12. When James was reading Black's Veterinary Dictionary he was reminded about castrating what animals?
13. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
14. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His hair.
(c) His mustache.
(d) His pipe.
15. What is the name of the village where Herriot goes to take over the practice of Siegfried's college buddy temporarily?
Short Answer Questions
1. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
2. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
3. What was the name of the man who was afraid James might accidentally castrate him because James was getting too close to his private parts with his scalpel?
4. What is the name of the nursing home Helen is in before she gives birth?
5. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)