|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
2. What cream does William Hulton swear by?
(a) Propamidine Cream.
(b) Nivea Cream.
(c) Neosporin Cream.
(d) Pond's Cream.
3. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
(a) To the top of Castle Hill.
(b) To the athletic field of Waynesboro.
(c) To the beach of the town.
(d) To the crest of Cherry Hill.
4. Who is the other AC2 member of the RAF who scared James while he was waiting to see the RAF dentist?
5. Who ends up owning Cedric?
(a) Don Fentin.
(b) Saul Ferris.
(c) Con Fenton.
(d) Cam Finton.
6. What is the nickname of the scary RAF dentist?
(a) The destroyer.
(b) The terminator.
(d) The butcher.
7. What much does Herriot earn a day as Leading Aircraftsman?
(a) Seven and three pence.
(b) Six and four pence.
(c) Three shillings.
(d) Five and eight pence.
8. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
(a) Darrowby House.
(b) Skeldale House.
(c) Hillside House.
(d) The Droves.
9. What was the name of the man who was afraid James might accidentally castrate him because James was getting too close to his private parts with his scalpel?
(a) Rory O'Hagan
(b) Kevin O'Haggarty
(c) John O'Reilly
(d) Tim Mulligan
10. What does Herriot consider his Bible during his early veterinarian practice?
(a) Smith's Book of Veterinary Practice.
(b) The Wallace Book of Veterinary Medicine.
(c) Harvey's Rules of Veterinarians.
(d) Udall's Practice of Veterinary Medicine.
11. What is the name of the village where Herriot goes to take over the practice of Siegfried's college buddy temporarily?
12. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
(a) Joey Branquist.
(b) Stewie Brannon.
(c) Jimmy Brennen.
(d) Louie Brayshaw.
13. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
(a) Mr. Boardman.
(b) Mr. Barrymore.
(c) Mr. Brookside.
(d) Mr. Broadmore.
14. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
15. What is the name of the cheerful blind man?
(a) Tommy Cliffdale
(b) Jimmy Harrison
(c) Joey Ford
(d) Johnny Clifford
Short Answer Questions
1. The old shepherd's dog has what physical problem?
2. What do James and Helen name the baby?
3. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
4. What is the name of the estate owned by Mrs. Rumney?
5. Who is Charlie?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)