|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
(a) Tim Oakes.
(b) Larry Smith.
(c) Jerry Takley.
(d) Jim Oakley.
2. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
(a) The eyes begin to retreat into the head.
(b) Extreme diarrhea.
(c) They lose their appetitie completely.
(d) Continual vomiting.
3. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
(a) Stewie Brannon.
(b) Louie Brayshaw.
(c) Joey Branquist.
(d) Jimmy Brennen.
4. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
5. What is the name of the man whose skinned knee James treats?
6. What is the fee James gets for the only doctoring he had done on a human?
(a) Six shillings.
(b) A sixpence.
(c) Seven pence.
(d) Five shillings.
7. What is the name of Mr. Bartles' dog who is poisoned by Strychnine?
8. What is the name of the little female dog they tried to mate Cedric with?
9. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
(a) Mrs. Hollyfield.
(b) Mrs. Hatfield.
(c) Mrs. Holroyd.
(d) Mrs. McCoy.
10. What is the name of Helen's nurse?
(a) Nurse White.
(b) Nurse Brown.
(c) Nurse Black.
(d) Nurse Green.
11. What breed is Mr. Bartles' dog?
(b) Cocker Spaniel
(c) Brittany Spaniel
12. What disease does the poor prankster's dog have?
13. How much does the operation on the shepherd's dog cost?
(a) One pound.
(b) One and a half pounds.
(c) Twelve Shillings.
(d) Two pounds.
14. What does Tristan make for every meal when Siegfried makes him cook?
(a) Sausage and mash.
(b) Eggs and ham.
(c) Eggs and toast.
(d) Porridge and bacon.
15. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
(a) Two stones.
(b) One and 1/2 stones.
(c) One stone.
(d) Three stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. When James was reading Black's Veterinary Dictionary he was reminded about castrating what animals?
2. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
3. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds?
4. The old shepherd's dog has what physical problem?
5. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)