|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
(a) Flight Sergeant Blackmore.
(b) Flight Sergeant Blackett.
(c) Flight Sergeant Hackett.
(d) Flight Sergeant Barklett.
2. Who ends up owning Cedric?
(a) Saul Ferris.
(b) Cam Finton.
(c) Don Fentin.
(d) Con Fenton.
3. What does Jack Brimham's dog look like?
(a) He's a little white rough-haired terrier.
(b) He's a little black miniature schnauzer.
(c) He's a large black and white border collie.
(d) He's a little brown dachshund.
4. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Mr. Waverly.
(b) Mr. Wentworth.
(c) Mr. Webber.
(d) Mr. Waters.
5. What is the name of the owner of the Greyhound Track?
(a) Mr. Carter.
(b) Mr. Coker.
(c) Mr. Cokefield.
(d) Mr. Stacker.
6. What is the biggest problem James faces in the surgery he takes over for a couple weeks for Siegfried's friend?
(a) A rickety, collapsing kitchen table.
(b) Dirty medicine bottles.
(c) Too much noise.
(d) Not enough light to operate by.
7. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
8. What breed of dog is the blind man's dog?
(b) Labrador Retriever
(c) Golden Retriever
9. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
(a) A large glass of beer and bread and cheese.
(b) Hot chocolate and breakfast cake.
(c) Hot coffee and two slices of bread with butter and honey.
(d) Hot Earl Grey tea and scones.
10. What do James and Helen name the baby?
11. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
12. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
(a) Two and a half hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Three and a half hours.
13. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
14. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
15. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
(a) To the top of Castle Hill.
(b) To the beach of the town.
(c) To the athletic field of Waynesboro.
(d) To the crest of Cherry Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the old shepherd's dog who lay under the table at The Fox and Hounds?
2. What does Herriot consider his Bible during his early veterinarian practice?
3. What is the name of the nursing home Helen is in before she gives birth?
4. How long have James and Helen been married at the beginning of the book?
5. What profession does Jack Brimham have?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)