|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up owning Cedric?
(a) Saul Ferris.
(b) Don Fentin.
(c) Cam Finton.
(d) Con Fenton.
2. What breed of dog is the blind man's dog?
(a) Golden Retriever
(d) Labrador Retriever
3. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
(a) Jerry Takley.
(b) Larry Smith.
(c) Tim Oakes.
(d) Jim Oakley.
4. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Edward Carey.
(b) Sidney Cartwright.
(c) Hubert Black.
(d) Albert Close.
5. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
(b) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
6. What does Mrs. Ainsworth name the little kitten brought to her by the dying mother cat on Christmas Day?
7. What is the name of the little female dog they tried to mate Cedric with?
8. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
(a) To the crest of Cherry Hill.
(b) To the top of Castle Hill.
(c) To the beach of the town.
(d) To the athletic field of Waynesboro.
9. What noble title does William Hulton bear?
10. What profession does Jack Brimham have?
(a) He's a farmer.
(b) He's a shepherd.
(c) He's a preacher.
(d) He's a builder.
11. What is the name of the man who comes to pick up Mr. Dakin's cow for the fatstock market?
(a) John Hodgson.
(b) Alfred Dodge.
(c) Humphrey Logan.
(d) Jack Dodson.
12. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
13. What do James and Helen name the baby?
14. Which dentist does James fear the least?
(a) Mr. McTavish.
(b) Mr. Dollinger.
(c) Mr. McDerroch.
(d) Mr. Grover.
15. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
(a) Mrs. Dewinkle.
(b) Mrs. Dudley.
(c) Mrs. Dewburn.
(d) Mrs. Greenburn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
2. What is the biggest problem James faces in the surgery he takes over for a couple weeks for Siegfried's friend?
3. What did Hulton always count on his foreman to do for him?
4. How long have James and Helen been married at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)