|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
(a) William Brink.
(b) Wesley Binks.
(c) Desmond Winks.
(d) Tommy Banks.
2. What is the name of the old shepherd's dog who lay under the table at The Fox and Hounds?
3. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
(a) Mrs. Dewinkle.
(b) Mrs. Dewburn.
(c) Mrs. Greenburn.
(d) Mrs. Dudley.
4. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
5. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Mr. Webber.
(b) Mr. Waters.
(c) Mr. Wentworth.
(d) Mr. Waverly.
6. Who is the other AC2 member of the RAF who scared James while he was waiting to see the RAF dentist?
7. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
(d) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
8. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
(a) His pipe.
(b) His mustache.
(c) His hair.
(d) His jacket.
9. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
(a) Tim Oakes.
(b) Jerry Takley.
(c) Jim Oakley.
(d) Larry Smith.
10. What is the name of Helen's nurse?
(a) Nurse White.
(b) Nurse Brown.
(c) Nurse Green.
(d) Nurse Black.
11. What is the name of the dog adopted by the poor boy who plays pranks on James?
12. What does Mrs. Ainsworth name the little kitten brought to her by the dying mother cat on Christmas Day?
13. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
(a) Mrs. Hatfield.
(b) Mrs. McCoy.
(c) Mrs. Hollyfield.
(d) Mrs. Holroyd.
14. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
15. What is the name of the stray cat Mrs. Ainsworth befriends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cheerful blind man?
2. What does Jack Brimham's dog look like?
3. What profession does Jack Brimham have?
4. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
5. What are the names of the couple whose Golden Retriever is run over by a car?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)