|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
2. Who ends up owning Cedric?
(a) Saul Ferris.
(b) Don Fentin.
(c) Cam Finton.
(d) Con Fenton.
3. What is the name of the old shepherd's dog who lay under the table at The Fox and Hounds?
4. What do James and Helen name the baby?
5. What is the name of the estate owned by Mrs. Rumney?
(a) Chestnut Hill.
(b) The Oaks.
(c) The Laurels.
(d) The Willows.
6. What does the baby Sidney's father do for a living?
(a) He's a Chimney Sweep.
(b) He's a butcher.
(c) He's a backer.
(d) He's a carpenter.
7. What did Hulton always count on his foreman to do for him?
(a) Keep his cattle on the property.
(b) Manage his other workmen.
(c) Groom his horses.
(d) Pronounce Propamidine for him.
8. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Mr. Waverly.
(b) Mr. Wentworth.
(c) Mr. Waters.
(d) Mr. Webber.
9. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
(a) Mrs. Rumney.
(b) Mr. Dankin.
(c) Mrs. Humphrey.
(d) James Herriot.
10. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
(a) Skeldale House.
(b) The Droves.
(c) Darrowby House.
(d) Hillside House.
11. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Three and a half hours.
(d) Two and a half hours.
12. What are the names of the couple whose Golden Retriever is run over by a car?
(a) Peter and Minerva Goddard.
(b) Jim and Lucy Gothworth.
(c) Peter and Marjorie Gilliard.
(d) John and Mary Gilford.
13. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
(a) Jimmy Brennen.
(b) Stewie Brannon.
(c) Louie Brayshaw.
(d) Joey Branquist.
14. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) A bugle at 5:30 am.
(b) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
(c) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
(d) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
15. What is the name of the Golden Retriever who is hit by a car?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does the poor prankster's dog have?
2. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
3. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
4. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
5. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)