|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
(a) Mrs. Humphrey.
(b) Mr. Dankin.
(c) Mrs. Rumney.
(d) James Herriot.
2. What does the baby Sidney's father do for a living?
(a) He's a butcher.
(b) He's a backer.
(c) He's a carpenter.
(d) He's a Chimney Sweep.
3. What is the name of the man whose skinned knee James treats?
4. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
(a) Mrs. Hatfield.
(b) Mrs. McCoy.
(c) Mrs. Hollyfield.
(d) Mrs. Holroyd.
5. What does Mrs. Ainsworth name the little kitten brought to her by the dying mother cat on Christmas Day?
6. What cream does William Hulton swear by?
(a) Neosporin Cream.
(b) Propamidine Cream.
(c) Nivea Cream.
(d) Pond's Cream.
7. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
8. What is the most lasting memory James has of taking over the practice of Siegfried's college friend?
(a) Being able to help a poor family have a vacation.
(b) Successfully saving the Golden Retriever's leg.
(c) Being able to operate on a rickety kitchen table.
(d) Remaining honest at the GreyHound track.
9. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
(a) Mrs. Dudley.
(b) Mrs. Dewburn.
(c) Mrs. Greenburn.
(d) Mrs. Dewinkle.
10. What did Hulton always count on his foreman to do for him?
(a) Keep his cattle on the property.
(b) Pronounce Propamidine for him.
(c) Manage his other workmen.
(d) Groom his horses.
11. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
(a) Jerry Takley.
(b) Jim Oakley.
(c) Larry Smith.
(d) Tim Oakes.
12. What is the name of Helen's nurse?
(a) Nurse White.
(b) Nurse Black.
(c) Nurse Brown.
(d) Nurse Green.
13. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
14. How long have James and Helen been married at the beginning of the book?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 8 months.
15. The old shepherd's dog has what physical problem?
(a) Bladder infection.
(b) Broken ribs.
(c) Turned-in eyelids.
(d) lame leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does the poor prankster's dog have?
2. What profession does Jack Brimham have?
3. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
4. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
5. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)