|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the owner of the Greyhound Track?
(a) Mr. Stacker.
(b) Mr. Carter.
(c) Mr. Coker.
(d) Mr. Cokefield.
2. Who is Charlie?
(a) Hulton's favorite dog.
(b) Hulton's farm foreman.
(c) Hulton's prize pig.
(d) Hulton's prize horse.
3. What is the most lasting memory James has of taking over the practice of Siegfried's college friend?
(a) Being able to help a poor family have a vacation.
(b) Remaining honest at the GreyHound track.
(c) Successfully saving the Golden Retriever's leg.
(d) Being able to operate on a rickety kitchen table.
4. Who ends up owning Cedric?
(a) Con Fenton.
(b) Don Fentin.
(c) Cam Finton.
(d) Saul Ferris.
5. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
(a) Mr. Biltmore's.
(b) Mr. Boswith's.
(c) Mr. Billing's.
(d) Mr. Bethwick's.
6. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) A bugle at 5:30 am.
(b) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
(c) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
(d) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
7. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
(a) Mrs. Dewinkle.
(b) Mrs. Greenburn.
(c) Mrs. Dudley.
(d) Mrs. Dewburn.
8. What is the name of Helen's nurse?
(a) Nurse Green.
(b) Nurse Brown.
(c) Nurse Black.
(d) Nurse White.
9. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Hubert Black.
(b) Sidney Cartwright.
(c) Albert Close.
(d) Edward Carey.
10. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
(a) Mrs. Hatfield.
(b) Mrs. McCoy.
(c) Mrs. Hollyfield.
(d) Mrs. Holroyd.
11. What does the baby Sidney's father do for a living?
(a) He's a Chimney Sweep.
(b) He's a butcher.
(c) He's a backer.
(d) He's a carpenter.
12. What is the only thing James can see when he's marching through the thick London fog?
(a) The swinging lantern.
(b) The trees of the London park.
(c) The man ahead of him.
(d) The tower of London.
13. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
14. What profession does Jack Brimham have?
(a) He's a preacher.
(b) He's a builder.
(c) He's a farmer.
(d) He's a shepherd.
15. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
(a) Flight Sergeant Barklett.
(b) Flight Sergeant Blackmore.
(c) Flight Sergeant Blackett.
(d) Flight Sergeant Hackett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
2. What is the name of the man whose skinned knee James treats?
3. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
4. What injury does the Golden Retriever have?
5. Which dentist does James fear the least?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)