|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tristan make for every meal when Siegfried makes him cook?
(a) Eggs and toast.
(b) Sausage and mash.
(c) Porridge and bacon.
(d) Eggs and ham.
2. What is the name of the stray cat Mrs. Ainsworth befriends?
3. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
(a) Flight Sergeant Blackett.
(b) Flight Sergeant Barklett.
(c) Flight Sergeant Hackett.
(d) Flight Sergeant Blackmore.
4. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
(a) Eleven pounds.
(b) Eight pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Nine pounds.
5. What is the name of the estate owned by Mrs. Rumney?
(a) The Laurels.
(b) The Willows.
(c) Chestnut Hill.
(d) The Oaks.
6. What cream does William Hulton swear by?
(a) Nivea Cream.
(b) Pond's Cream.
(c) Propamidine Cream.
(d) Neosporin Cream.
7. The old shepherd's dog has what physical problem?
(a) lame leg.
(b) Bladder infection.
(c) Broken ribs.
(d) Turned-in eyelids.
8. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
9. What is the name of Helen's nurse?
(a) Nurse Black.
(b) Nurse Brown.
(c) Nurse White.
(d) Nurse Green.
10. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
(a) Mrs. Hollyfield.
(b) Mrs. Holroyd.
(c) Mrs. McCoy.
(d) Mrs. Hatfield.
11. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
12. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) A bugle at 5:30 am.
(b) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
(c) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
(d) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
13. What is the name of the owner of the Greyhound Track?
(a) Mr. Carter.
(b) Mr. Cokefield.
(c) Mr. Stacker.
(d) Mr. Coker.
14. Where were James and his fellow RAF men billeted after being posted to their location?
(a) The Regent Hotel.
(b) The Grand Hotel.
(c) The Ritz Hotel.
(d) THe Plaza Hotel.
15. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
(a) A bay gelding.
(b) A black stallion.
(c) A while mare.
(d) A grey filly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which dentist does James fear the least?
2. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
3. What is the name of the little female dog they tried to mate Cedric with?
4. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
5. What is the name of Mrs. Beck's cat who is so difficult to control?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)