|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the nursing home Helen is in before she gives birth?
(a) Good Shepherd Nursing Home.
(b) Shadowlawn Nursing Home.
(c) Holly Hill Nursing Home.
(d) Greenside Nursing Home.
2. What is the name of the owner of the Greyhound Track?
(a) Mr. Cokefield.
(b) Mr. Stacker.
(c) Mr. Carter.
(d) Mr. Coker.
3. What is the name of the little female dog they tried to mate Cedric with?
4. What is the name of the man who comes to pick up Mr. Dakin's cow for the fatstock market?
(a) Humphrey Logan.
(b) John Hodgson.
(c) Jack Dodson.
(d) Alfred Dodge.
5. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
(a) Mr. Boswith's.
(b) Mr. Bethwick's.
(c) Mr. Biltmore's.
(d) Mr. Billing's.
6. What is the name of Mrs. Beck's cat who is so difficult to control?
7. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
(a) Three and a half hours.
(b) Two and a half hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Three hours.
8. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
(a) Mrs. Hollyfield.
(b) Mrs. McCoy.
(c) Mrs. Hatfield.
(d) Mrs. Holroyd.
9. Which dentist does James fear the least?
(a) Mr. McDerroch.
(b) Mr. Dollinger.
(c) Mr. Grover.
(d) Mr. McTavish.
10. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Sidney Cartwright.
(b) Edward Carey.
(c) Albert Close.
(d) Hubert Black.
11. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
(a) Tommy Banks.
(b) Desmond Winks.
(c) William Brink.
(d) Wesley Binks.
12. What are the names of the couple whose Golden Retriever is run over by a car?
(a) Peter and Marjorie Gilliard.
(b) Peter and Minerva Goddard.
(c) John and Mary Gilford.
(d) Jim and Lucy Gothworth.
13. What injury does the Golden Retriever have?
(a) His hind leg is broken.
(b) His hip is broken.
(c) His front leg is broken.
(d) His ribs are broken.
14. When James was reading Black's Veterinary Dictionary he was reminded about castrating what animals?
15. What disease does the poor prankster's dog have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
2. What much does Herriot earn a day as Leading Aircraftsman?
3. What is the name of Mr. Bartles' dog who is poisoned by Strychnine?
4. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
5. What does Tristan make for every meal when Siegfried makes him cook?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)