|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
(a) Mrs. Humphrey.
(b) Mr. Dankin.
(c) Mrs. Rumney.
(d) James Herriot.
2. What is the name of Mrs. Beck's cat who is so difficult to control?
3. What cream does William Hulton swear by?
(a) Propamidine Cream.
(b) Neosporin Cream.
(c) Pond's Cream.
(d) Nivea Cream.
4. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His mustache.
(c) His hair.
(d) His pipe.
5. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
(a) Louie Brayshaw.
(b) Jimmy Brennen.
(c) Stewie Brannon.
(d) Joey Branquist.
6. The old shepherd's dog has what physical problem?
(a) Turned-in eyelids.
(b) Broken ribs.
(c) Bladder infection.
(d) lame leg.
7. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
8. Who ends up owning Cedric?
(a) Con Fenton.
(b) Saul Ferris.
(c) Don Fentin.
(d) Cam Finton.
9. What is the name of the estate owned by Mrs. Rumney?
(a) Chestnut Hill.
(b) The Laurels.
(c) The Willows.
(d) The Oaks.
10. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Three and a half hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two and a half hours.
11. How much does the operation on the shepherd's dog cost?
(a) Two pounds.
(b) One pound.
(c) Twelve Shillings.
(d) One and a half pounds.
12. What is the name of Mr. Bartles' dog who is poisoned by Strychnine?
13. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
14. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
(a) Mr. Broadmore.
(b) Mr. Barrymore.
(c) Mr. Brookside.
(d) Mr. Boardman.
15. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the little female dog they tried to mate Cedric with?
2. What was the name of the man who was afraid James might accidentally castrate him because James was getting too close to his private parts with his scalpel?
3. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
4. What does Jack Brimham's dog look like?
5. What is the most lasting memory James has of taking over the practice of Siegfried's college friend?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)