|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who comes to pick up Mr. Dakin's cow for the fatstock market?
(a) Jack Dodson.
(b) Alfred Dodge.
(c) John Hodgson.
(d) Humphrey Logan.
2. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
3. What cream does William Hulton swear by?
(a) Nivea Cream.
(b) Neosporin Cream.
(c) Pond's Cream.
(d) Propamidine Cream.
4. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
(a) Cairn terriers.
(b) Basset hounds.
5. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
6. What noble title does William Hulton bear?
7. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
(a) Eleven pounds.
(b) Nine pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Eight pounds.
8. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
9. What was the name of the man who was afraid James might accidentally castrate him because James was getting too close to his private parts with his scalpel?
(a) Rory O'Hagan
(b) Tim Mulligan
(c) John O'Reilly
(d) Kevin O'Haggarty
10. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
(a) Three stones.
(b) One and 1/2 stones.
(c) One stone.
(d) Two stones.
11. What is the name of the Golden Retriever who is hit by a car?
12. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
(a) Hot chocolate and breakfast cake.
(b) Hot Earl Grey tea and scones.
(c) A large glass of beer and bread and cheese.
(d) Hot coffee and two slices of bread with butter and honey.
13. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
(a) Flight Sergeant Hackett.
(b) Flight Sergeant Blackmore.
(c) Flight Sergeant Blackett.
(d) Flight Sergeant Barklett.
14. What is the name of Mrs. Beck's cat who is so difficult to control?
15. What is the name of the estate owned by Mrs. Rumney?
(a) Chestnut Hill.
(b) The Willows.
(c) The Laurels.
(d) The Oaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. The old shepherd's dog has what physical problem?
2. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
3. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
4. What is the name of Mr. Bartles' dog who is poisoned by Strychnine?
5. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)