|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing James can see when he's marching through the thick London fog?
(a) The tower of London.
(b) The trees of the London park.
(c) The man ahead of him.
(d) The swinging lantern.
2. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
3. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
(a) Mrs. McCoy.
(b) Mrs. Holroyd.
(c) Mrs. Hollyfield.
(d) Mrs. Hatfield.
4. What breed is Mr. Bartles' dog?
(b) Brittany Spaniel
(d) Cocker Spaniel
5. What is the name of Mr. Bartles' dog who is poisoned by Strychnine?
6. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
(a) Wesley Binks.
(b) Desmond Winks.
(c) William Brink.
(d) Tommy Banks.
7. What profession does Jack Brimham have?
(a) He's a preacher.
(b) He's a shepherd.
(c) He's a builder.
(d) He's a farmer.
8. What is the name of the dog adopted by the poor boy who plays pranks on James?
9. What is the name of the stray cat Mrs. Ainsworth befriends?
10. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Two and a half hours.
(d) Three and a half hours.
11. The old shepherd's dog has what physical problem?
(a) lame leg.
(b) Bladder infection.
(c) Broken ribs.
(d) Turned-in eyelids.
12. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
(a) James Herriot.
(b) Mrs. Humphrey.
(c) Mr. Dankin.
(d) Mrs. Rumney.
13. Where is James posted after his training in London?
(a) Scarborough in Yorkshire.
(b) Aberystwyth in Wales.
(c) Newquary in Cornwall.
(d) Glasgow in Scotland.
14. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
15. What is the name of the nursing home Helen is in before she gives birth?
(a) Holly Hill Nursing Home.
(b) Greenside Nursing Home.
(c) Good Shepherd Nursing Home.
(d) Shadowlawn Nursing Home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
2. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
3. What does Mrs. Ainsworth name the little kitten brought to her by the dying mother cat on Christmas Day?
4. What does Herriot consider his Bible during his early veterinarian practice?
5. What is the name of the estate owned by Mrs. Rumney?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)