|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing James can see when he's marching through the thick London fog?
(a) The swinging lantern.
(b) The trees of the London park.
(c) The tower of London.
(d) The man ahead of him.
2. What cream does William Hulton swear by?
(a) Neosporin Cream.
(b) Pond's Cream.
(c) Nivea Cream.
(d) Propamidine Cream.
3. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
(a) Mr. Biltmore's.
(b) Mr. Bethwick's.
(c) Mr. Billing's.
(d) Mr. Boswith's.
4. Where were James and his fellow RAF men billeted after being posted to their location?
(a) THe Plaza Hotel.
(b) The Regent Hotel.
(c) The Ritz Hotel.
(d) The Grand Hotel.
5. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
6. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
(a) To the athletic field of Waynesboro.
(b) To the top of Castle Hill.
(c) To the crest of Cherry Hill.
(d) To the beach of the town.
7. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
(a) Ten pounds.
(b) Eleven pounds.
(c) Eight pounds.
(d) Nine pounds.
8. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
(a) Mrs. Hollyfield.
(b) Mrs. Hatfield.
(c) Mrs. McCoy.
(d) Mrs. Holroyd.
9. What is the name of the man whose skinned knee James treats?
10. How many children does the vet who goes on vacation and leaves James in charge have?
11. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
(a) His mustache.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His pipe.
(d) His hair.
12. How much does the operation on the shepherd's dog cost?
(a) Twelve Shillings.
(b) Two pounds.
(c) One and a half pounds.
(d) One pound.
13. What is the name of the stray cat Mrs. Ainsworth befriends?
14. What is the name of the village where Herriot goes to take over the practice of Siegfried's college buddy temporarily?
15. What are the names of the couple whose Golden Retriever is run over by a car?
(a) Jim and Lucy Gothworth.
(b) John and Mary Gilford.
(c) Peter and Minerva Goddard.
(d) Peter and Marjorie Gilliard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noble title does William Hulton bear?
2. What do James and Helen name the baby?
3. What was the name of the man who was afraid James might accidentally castrate him because James was getting too close to his private parts with his scalpel?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
5. Where is James posted after his training in London?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)