|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the operation on the shepherd's dog cost?
(a) One and a half pounds.
(b) One pound.
(c) Twelve Shillings.
(d) Two pounds.
2. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
(a) Mrs. Dudley.
(b) Mrs. Dewinkle.
(c) Mrs. Dewburn.
(d) Mrs. Greenburn.
3. What is the name of the nursing home Helen is in before she gives birth?
(a) Good Shepherd Nursing Home.
(b) Holly Hill Nursing Home.
(c) Shadowlawn Nursing Home.
(d) Greenside Nursing Home.
4. What breed of dog is the blind man's dog?
(a) Golden Retriever
(d) Labrador Retriever
5. What much does Herriot earn a day as Leading Aircraftsman?
(a) Five and eight pence.
(b) Three shillings.
(c) Seven and three pence.
(d) Six and four pence.
6. What is the name of the owner of the Greyhound Track?
(a) Mr. Coker.
(b) Mr. Carter.
(c) Mr. Stacker.
(d) Mr. Cokefield.
7. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
8. What disease does the poor prankster's dog have?
9. What does Mrs. Ainsworth name the little kitten brought to her by the dying mother cat on Christmas Day?
10. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Mr. Waters.
(b) Mr. Waverly.
(c) Mr. Wentworth.
(d) Mr. Webber.
11. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
(a) Hot chocolate and breakfast cake.
(b) A large glass of beer and bread and cheese.
(c) Hot coffee and two slices of bread with butter and honey.
(d) Hot Earl Grey tea and scones.
12. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
(a) Flight Sergeant Blackett.
(b) Flight Sergeant Blackmore.
(c) Flight Sergeant Hackett.
(d) Flight Sergeant Barklett.
13. What does Tristan make for every meal when Siegfried makes him cook?
(a) Eggs and ham.
(b) Eggs and toast.
(c) Sausage and mash.
(d) Porridge and bacon.
14. What is the name of the little farmer who is a strict Methodist and has a painful and embarrassing accident with a cow?
(a) Mr. Gilligan.
(b) Mr. Gilmore.
(c) Mr. Gilby.
(d) Mr. Trillby.
15. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
2. What is the name of Mr. Bartles' dog who is poisoned by Strychnine?
3. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
4. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
5. What does Jack Brimham's dog look like?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)