|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
2. What is the name of Mrs. Beck's cat who is so difficult to control?
3. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
4. What is the name of the little farmer who is a strict Methodist and has a painful and embarrassing accident with a cow?
(a) Mr. Gilby.
(b) Mr. Trillby.
(c) Mr. Gilligan.
(d) Mr. Gilmore.
5. What is the name of Helen's nurse?
(a) Nurse White.
(b) Nurse Green.
(c) Nurse Black.
(d) Nurse Brown.
6. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
7. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
(a) A bay gelding.
(b) A grey filly.
(c) A black stallion.
(d) A while mare.
8. Who is the other AC2 member of the RAF who scared James while he was waiting to see the RAF dentist?
9. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
(a) Two stones.
(b) One stone.
(c) One and 1/2 stones.
(d) Three stones.
10. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
(a) Continual vomiting.
(b) Extreme diarrhea.
(c) They lose their appetitie completely.
(d) The eyes begin to retreat into the head.
11. Where is James posted after his training in London?
(a) Scarborough in Yorkshire.
(b) Newquary in Cornwall.
(c) Glasgow in Scotland.
(d) Aberystwyth in Wales.
12. What is the name of the Golden Retriever who is hit by a car?
13. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
(a) Mr. Brookside.
(b) Mr. Boardman.
(c) Mr. Barrymore.
(d) Mr. Broadmore.
14. What is the name of the village where Herriot goes to take over the practice of Siegfried's college buddy temporarily?
15. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
(a) William Brink.
(b) Wesley Binks.
(c) Desmond Winks.
(d) Tommy Banks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
2. What cream does William Hulton swear by?
3. What is the name of the stray cat Mrs. Ainsworth befriends?
4. What is the most lasting memory James has of taking over the practice of Siegfried's college friend?
5. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)