|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breed is Mr. Bartles' dog?
(b) Cocker Spaniel
(d) Brittany Spaniel
2. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
3. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
(a) Three and a half hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two and a half hours.
4. What is the name of Mrs. Beck's cat who is so difficult to control?
5. Who ends up owning Cedric?
(a) Saul Ferris.
(b) Don Fentin.
(c) Con Fenton.
(d) Cam Finton.
6. Which dentist does James fear the least?
(a) Mr. McDerroch.
(b) Mr. Dollinger.
(c) Mr. McTavish.
(d) Mr. Grover.
7. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
8. What is the name of the village where Herriot goes to take over the practice of Siegfried's college buddy temporarily?
9. Where were James and his fellow RAF men billeted after being posted to their location?
(a) The Grand Hotel.
(b) The Ritz Hotel.
(c) THe Plaza Hotel.
(d) The Regent Hotel.
10. What is the fee James gets for the only doctoring he had done on a human?
(a) Six shillings.
(b) Seven pence.
(c) A sixpence.
(d) Five shillings.
11. What is the biggest problem James faces in the surgery he takes over for a couple weeks for Siegfried's friend?
(a) Dirty medicine bottles.
(b) Not enough light to operate by.
(c) A rickety, collapsing kitchen table.
(d) Too much noise.
12. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
(a) Plain but attractive.
(b) Stylish considering it is a maturnity dress.
(c) Beautiful like his wife.
(d) Cheap-looking and ugly.
13. What much does Herriot earn a day as Leading Aircraftsman?
(a) Seven and three pence.
(b) Five and eight pence.
(c) Three shillings.
(d) Six and four pence.
14. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Sidney Cartwright.
(b) Hubert Black.
(c) Edward Carey.
(d) Albert Close.
15. What is the name of the little farmer who is a strict Methodist and has a painful and embarrassing accident with a cow?
(a) Mr. Gilmore.
(b) Mr. Gilligan.
(c) Mr. Trillby.
(d) Mr. Gilby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
2. What does Herriot consider his Bible during his early veterinarian practice?
3. Who is Charlie?
4. What is the name of Mr. Bartles' dog who is poisoned by Strychnine?
5. What disease does the poor prankster's dog have?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)