|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were James and his fellow RAF men billeted after being posted to their location?
(a) The Regent Hotel.
(b) The Grand Hotel.
(c) THe Plaza Hotel.
(d) The Ritz Hotel.
2. What does the baby Sidney's father do for a living?
(a) He's a Chimney Sweep.
(b) He's a backer.
(c) He's a butcher.
(d) He's a carpenter.
3. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
4. What is the name of the man whose skinned knee James treats?
5. What is the only thing James can see when he's marching through the thick London fog?
(a) The swinging lantern.
(b) The man ahead of him.
(c) The trees of the London park.
(d) The tower of London.
6. What is the name of the man who comes to pick up Mr. Dakin's cow for the fatstock market?
(a) Alfred Dodge.
(b) Jack Dodson.
(c) Humphrey Logan.
(d) John Hodgson.
7. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
8. What is the biggest problem James faces in the surgery he takes over for a couple weeks for Siegfried's friend?
(a) A rickety, collapsing kitchen table.
(b) Too much noise.
(c) Dirty medicine bottles.
(d) Not enough light to operate by.
9. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
(a) Stylish considering it is a maturnity dress.
(b) Cheap-looking and ugly.
(c) Beautiful like his wife.
(d) Plain but attractive.
10. What profession does Jack Brimham have?
(a) He's a shepherd.
(b) He's a builder.
(c) He's a preacher.
(d) He's a farmer.
11. What is the most lasting memory James has of taking over the practice of Siegfried's college friend?
(a) Remaining honest at the GreyHound track.
(b) Being able to help a poor family have a vacation.
(c) Successfully saving the Golden Retriever's leg.
(d) Being able to operate on a rickety kitchen table.
12. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
(a) Flight Sergeant Blackmore.
(b) Flight Sergeant Hackett.
(c) Flight Sergeant Barklett.
(d) Flight Sergeant Blackett.
13. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
14. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
(a) Hot Earl Grey tea and scones.
(b) A large glass of beer and bread and cheese.
(c) Hot coffee and two slices of bread with butter and honey.
(d) Hot chocolate and breakfast cake.
15. What is the name of the little female dog they tried to mate Cedric with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
2. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
3. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
4. What is the name of Mrs. Beck's cat who is so difficult to control?
5. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)