|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does the vet who goes on vacation and leaves James in charge have?
2. What is the most lasting memory James has of taking over the practice of Siegfried's college friend?
(a) Successfully saving the Golden Retriever's leg.
(b) Remaining honest at the GreyHound track.
(c) Being able to operate on a rickety kitchen table.
(d) Being able to help a poor family have a vacation.
3. What is the name of the nursing home Helen is in before she gives birth?
(a) Shadowlawn Nursing Home.
(b) Good Shepherd Nursing Home.
(c) Greenside Nursing Home.
(d) Holly Hill Nursing Home.
4. What is the name of the cheerful blind man?
(a) Jimmy Harrison
(b) Johnny Clifford
(c) Joey Ford
(d) Tommy Cliffdale
5. What was the name of the man who was afraid James might accidentally castrate him because James was getting too close to his private parts with his scalpel?
(a) John O'Reilly
(b) Rory O'Hagan
(c) Tim Mulligan
(d) Kevin O'Haggarty
6. What are the names of the couple whose Golden Retriever is run over by a car?
(a) Jim and Lucy Gothworth.
(b) Peter and Minerva Goddard.
(c) John and Mary Gilford.
(d) Peter and Marjorie Gilliard.
7. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
8. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
9. What much does Herriot earn a day as Leading Aircraftsman?
(a) Five and eight pence.
(b) Six and four pence.
(c) Seven and three pence.
(d) Three shillings.
10. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
(a) Mrs. Holroyd.
(b) Mrs. Hatfield.
(c) Mrs. Hollyfield.
(d) Mrs. McCoy.
11. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
(a) Extreme diarrhea.
(b) They lose their appetitie completely.
(c) Continual vomiting.
(d) The eyes begin to retreat into the head.
12. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
(a) Mr. Dankin.
(b) Mrs. Humphrey.
(c) James Herriot.
(d) Mrs. Rumney.
13. What is the name of Mrs. Beck's cat who is so difficult to control?
14. What does Mrs. Ainsworth name the little kitten brought to her by the dying mother cat on Christmas Day?
15. Where were James and his fellow RAF men billeted after being posted to their location?
(a) The Ritz Hotel.
(b) The Regent Hotel.
(c) THe Plaza Hotel.
(d) The Grand Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
2. What is the name of the dog adopted by the poor boy who plays pranks on James?
3. What profession does Jack Brimham have?
4. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
5. What breed of dog is the blind man's dog?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)