|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cream does William Hulton swear by?
(a) Nivea Cream.
(b) Pond's Cream.
(c) Neosporin Cream.
(d) Propamidine Cream.
2. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
(a) Continual vomiting.
(b) The eyes begin to retreat into the head.
(c) They lose their appetitie completely.
(d) Extreme diarrhea.
3. What is the name of Helen's nurse?
(a) Nurse Green.
(b) Nurse White.
(c) Nurse Black.
(d) Nurse Brown.
4. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
(a) Jimmy Brennen.
(b) Joey Branquist.
(c) Stewie Brannon.
(d) Louie Brayshaw.
5. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
(c) Cairn terriers.
(d) Basset hounds.
6. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
7. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
8. What breed is Mr. Bartles' dog?
(a) Brittany Spaniel
(c) Cocker Spaniel
9. What are the names of the couple whose Golden Retriever is run over by a car?
(a) Jim and Lucy Gothworth.
(b) Peter and Marjorie Gilliard.
(c) Peter and Minerva Goddard.
(d) John and Mary Gilford.
10. What is the name of the little farmer who is a strict Methodist and has a painful and embarrassing accident with a cow?
(a) Mr. Trillby.
(b) Mr. Gilligan.
(c) Mr. Gilby.
(d) Mr. Gilmore.
11. What noble title does William Hulton bear?
12. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) Easter Sunday.
(b) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
(d) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
13. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
(a) Jerry Takley.
(b) Tim Oakes.
(c) Jim Oakley.
(d) Larry Smith.
14. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
15. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
(a) Mrs. Hollyfield.
(b) Mrs. McCoy.
(c) Mrs. Holroyd.
(d) Mrs. Hatfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What much does Herriot earn a day as Leading Aircraftsman?
2. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
3. How long have James and Helen been married at the beginning of the book?
4. When James was reading Black's Veterinary Dictionary he was reminded about castrating what animals?
5. Where is James posted after his training in London?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)