|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
(a) Flight Sergeant Barklett.
(b) Flight Sergeant Blackmore.
(c) Flight Sergeant Hackett.
(d) Flight Sergeant Blackett.
2. What cream does William Hulton swear by?
(a) Neosporin Cream.
(b) Propamidine Cream.
(c) Nivea Cream.
(d) Pond's Cream.
3. What is the name of Mrs. Beck's cat who is so difficult to control?
4. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
(a) His hair.
(b) His mustache.
(c) His pipe.
(d) His jacket.
5. What is the name of the nursing home Helen is in before she gives birth?
(a) Greenside Nursing Home.
(b) Shadowlawn Nursing Home.
(c) Good Shepherd Nursing Home.
(d) Holly Hill Nursing Home.
6. What is the only thing James can see when he's marching through the thick London fog?
(a) The swinging lantern.
(b) The tower of London.
(c) The trees of the London park.
(d) The man ahead of him.
7. Who ends up owning Cedric?
(a) Don Fentin.
(b) Saul Ferris.
(c) Cam Finton.
(d) Con Fenton.
8. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
9. What noble title does William Hulton bear?
10. What is the name of the dog adopted by the poor boy who plays pranks on James?
11. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
(a) Mrs. Dewburn.
(b) Mrs. Dewinkle.
(c) Mrs. Greenburn.
(d) Mrs. Dudley.
12. How long have James and Helen been married at the beginning of the book?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) 8 months.
(c) A few months.
(d) 1 year.
13. What breed is Mr. Bartles' dog?
(a) Cocker Spaniel
(b) Brittany Spaniel
14. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
(a) Two stones.
(b) One and 1/2 stones.
(c) One stone.
(d) Three stones.
15. What disease does the poor prankster's dog have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
2. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
3. What profession does Jack Brimham have?
4. Where were James and his fellow RAF men billeted after being posted to their location?
5. What is the name of the old shepherd's dog who lay under the table at The Fox and Hounds?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)