|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands on top of the cart as the sheaves of corn are thrown up by James?
(a) Another RAFman.
(b) A neighbor, who is also a farmer.
(c) The farmer and his wife.
(d) Two of the farmer's children.
2. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
(a) Mr. Stokill's.
(b) Mr. Hennessey's.
(c) Mr. Hargrove's.
(d) Mr. Hewey's.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
(a) One stone.
(b) Two stones.
(c) Three stones.
(d) One and 1/2 stones.
4. What injury does the Golden Retriever have?
(a) His hip is broken.
(b) His hind leg is broken.
(c) His ribs are broken.
(d) His front leg is broken.
5. After six months at Scarborough how many miles can James trot along the beach and cliffs without any trouble?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the couple whose Golden Retriever is run over by a car?
2. Where is the Flying School that James is sent to?
3. What is the name of the formidable man whose daughter, Deborah, Tristan is dating in Chapter 30?
4. What job is James given when he works in the stores?
5. Who is Herriot's boss when he works at the stores?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)