|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the farmer who had a sick six-month-old calf?
(a) Mr. Sowden.
(b) Mr. Sotheby.
(c) Mr. Snowdon.
(d) Mr. Sowlent.
2. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
3. What breed of dog is the blind man's dog?
(a) Labrador Retriever
(c) Golden Retriever
4. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
(a) To the crest of Cherry Hill.
(b) To the beach of the town.
(c) To the athletic field of Waynesboro.
(d) To the top of Castle Hill.
5. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
(a) Flight Sergeant Barklett.
(b) Flight Sergeant Blackmore.
(c) Flight Sergeant Hackett.
(d) Flight Sergeant Blackett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells James about Paul's suicide?
2. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
3. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
4. Who is Herriot's boss when he works at the stores?
5. Who is Raymond?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)