|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prepares the food at the Winckfield flying school?
(a) A retired chef and his assistant.
(b) Two grizzled old civilians who smoked pipes.
(c) Local women who wanted to serve their country.
(d) Two of the wives of the RAF officers.
2. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
(a) They lose their appetitie completely.
(b) Continual vomiting.
(c) Extreme diarrhea.
(d) The eyes begin to retreat into the head.
3. What kind of bullock does Herriot treat in Chapter 23?
(a) A pure Jersey.
(b) A pure Holstein.
(c) A Hereford Cross.
(d) A Gurnsey Cross.
4. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
(a) Basset hounds.
(d) Cairn terriers.
5. What is the nickname of the scary RAF dentist?
(b) The terminator.
(c) The destroyer.
(d) The butcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What farmer is James allotted to help in Shropshire?
2. Who finally calms the sow down so that she'll suckle her 15 piglets?
3. What is the fee James gets for the only doctoring he had done on a human?
4. What is the name of the single woman with two cats, three dogs and an old donkey?
5. What serious condition do Mr. Duggleby's pigs have?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)