|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
(a) He bandages a wound on one of the farmer's horses.
(b) He delivers the breech birth of a calf easily.
(c) He delivers a lamb easily when the farmer cannot.
(d) He treats the farmer's dog who has a broken leg.
2. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
3. How much does the operation on the shepherd's dog cost?
(a) One and a half pounds.
(b) Twelve Shillings.
(c) One pound.
(d) Two pounds.
4. Who does James speak with at the Ministry of Agriculture?
(a) Hubert Crimes.
(b) Hugh Craig.
(c) Ashville Crumb.
(d) Neville Craggs.
5. The date 1666 is carved in stone above the front door of the farm. What happened on that date that the student remembers?
(a) The great fire of London.
(b) The Vikings invaded.
(c) The Magna Carta was signed.
(d) William the Conqueror arrived.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is James in the convalescent home?
2. How old is Lucy?
3. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
4. How old is the man with the dog in the tram?
5. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)