|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Mr. Blackburn's cow have that makes her so weak and unable to give birth?
(c) Breech birth.
(d) Milk fever.
2. Who is Charlie?
(a) Hulton's prize horse.
(b) Hulton's farm foreman.
(c) Hulton's prize pig.
(d) Hulton's favorite dog.
3. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
(a) Eight pounds.
(b) Eleven pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Nine pounds.
4. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
(a) Mr. Broadmore.
(b) Mr. Barrymore.
(c) Mr. Brookside.
(d) Mr. Boardman.
5. What does Mr. Duggleby talk about all the time while James examines his pigs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is James given when he works in the stores?
2. Where is there a cow calving in Chapter 39?
3. What is this latest pharmaceutical product supposed to cure?
4. Who does James speak with at the Ministry of Agriculture?
5. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)