|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the dog adopted by the poor boy who plays pranks on James?
2. What is the name of the little farmer who is a strict Methodist and has a painful and embarrassing accident with a cow?
(a) Mr. Gilligan.
(b) Mr. Gilmore.
(c) Mr. Trillby.
(d) Mr. Gilby.
3. How much does the operation on the shepherd's dog cost?
(a) Two pounds.
(b) One and a half pounds.
(c) Twelve Shillings.
(d) One pound.
4. What farmer is James allotted to help in Shropshire?
(a) Farmer Edmonds.
(b) Farmer Edwards.
(c) Farmer Whyte.
(d) Farmer Henley.
5. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
(a) Plain but attractive.
(b) Cheap-looking and ugly.
(c) Beautiful like his wife.
(d) Stylish considering it is a maturnity dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
2. What is the name of the farrowing pedigree sow who just gave birth?
3. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
4. What is the name of Mr. Bartles' dog who is poisoned by Strychnine?
5. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)