|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
(a) Mrs. Greenburn.
(b) Mrs. Dudley.
(c) Mrs. Dewinkle.
(d) Mrs. Dewburn.
2. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
(a) Basset hounds.
(b) Cairn terriers.
3. What is the name of the man whose skinned knee James treats?
4. What is the biggest problem James faces in the surgery he takes over for a couple weeks for Siegfried's friend?
(a) Too much noise.
(b) Not enough light to operate by.
(c) Dirty medicine bottles.
(d) A rickety, collapsing kitchen table.
5. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
(a) Plain but attractive.
(b) Beautiful like his wife.
(c) Stylish considering it is a maturnity dress.
(d) Cheap-looking and ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
2. What is the name of the little female dog they tried to mate Cedric with?
3. What much does Herriot earn a day as Leading Aircraftsman?
4. What is the name of the farmer who had a sick six-month-old calf?
5. Who is Raymond?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)