|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
(a) Mrs. Greenburn.
(b) Mrs. Dewburn.
(c) Mrs. Dewinkle.
(d) Mrs. Dudley.
2. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
3. Who prepares the food at the Winckfield flying school?
(a) A retired chef and his assistant.
(b) Local women who wanted to serve their country.
(c) Two grizzled old civilians who smoked pipes.
(d) Two of the wives of the RAF officers.
4. Where were James and his fellow RAF men billeted after being posted to their location?
(a) The Regent Hotel.
(b) The Grand Hotel.
(c) THe Plaza Hotel.
(d) The Ritz Hotel.
5. Who is the other AC2 member of the RAF who scared James while he was waiting to see the RAF dentist?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
2. What is Paul Cotterell's dog's name?
3. The old shepherd's dog has what physical problem?
4. What is the name of the man whose skinned knee James treats?
5. How much does Herriot's vet friend say he's going to charge him for the small operation performed on his dog, Sam?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)