|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
2. How much does Herriot's vet friend say he's going to charge him for the small operation performed on his dog, Sam?
(a) Ten shillings.
(b) Eight pence.
(c) Ten pence.
(d) Ten guineas.
3. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
(a) Hot chocolate and breakfast cake.
(b) Hot Earl Grey tea and scones.
(c) A large glass of beer and bread and cheese.
(d) Hot coffee and two slices of bread with butter and honey.
4. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
(a) Stylish considering it is a maturnity dress.
(b) Plain but attractive.
(c) Cheap-looking and ugly.
(d) Beautiful like his wife.
5. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
(a) Flight Sergeant Blackett.
(b) Flight Sergeant Barklett.
(c) Flight Sergeant Hackett.
(d) Flight Sergeant Blackmore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the son in the family whose members all talk at the same time?
2. What does Herriot consider his Bible during his early veterinarian practice?
3. What is the name of Mrs. Beck's cat who is so difficult to control?
4. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
5. Who prepares the food at the Winckfield flying school?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)