|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Siegfried and James notice one day as they shopped in the marketplace?
(a) A dog that's run over by a car.
(b) A limping dog.
(c) A little sick cat.
(d) A little dog begging.
2. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
(a) Mr. Hewey's.
(b) Mr. Hennessey's.
(c) Mr. Stokill's.
(d) Mr. Hargrove's.
3. What does Herriot's flying instructor say is "very good indeed, really masterly" about Herriot's first solo flight?
(a) The fact that he found his way back after being lost.
(b) The "side slip".
(c) His quick return to the flying field.
(d) The smooth landing.
4. Where does Mr. Beresford have to move to?
5. What does Mrs. Ainsworth name the little kitten brought to her by the dying mother cat on Christmas Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
2. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
3. What was the name of the man who was afraid James might accidentally castrate him because James was getting too close to his private parts with his scalpel?
4. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
5. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)