|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 - 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the stray cat Mrs. Ainsworth befriends?
2. What are the names of the couple whose Golden Retriever is run over by a car?
(a) Peter and Marjorie Gilliard.
(b) John and Mary Gilford.
(c) Peter and Minerva Goddard.
(d) Jim and Lucy Gothworth.
3. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
(a) Mr. Brookside.
(b) Mr. Barrymore.
(c) Mr. Broadmore.
(d) Mr. Boardman.
4. What physical problem does the bullock have?
(a) Heart worm.
(b) Liver fluke.
5. What much does Herriot earn a day as Leading Aircraftsman?
(a) Seven and three pence.
(b) Six and four pence.
(c) Three shillings.
(d) Five and eight pence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds?
2. After six months at Scarborough how many miles can James trot along the beach and cliffs without any trouble?
3. What breed of dog is the blind man's dog?
4. What is the name of the estate owned by Mrs. Rumney?
5. How long have James and Helen been married at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)