|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 - 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
(a) The Droves.
(b) Hillside House.
(c) Skeldale House.
(d) Darrowby House.
2. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
3. What does Jack Brimham's dog look like?
(a) He's a large black and white border collie.
(b) He's a little brown dachshund.
(c) He's a little black miniature schnauzer.
(d) He's a little white rough-haired terrier.
4. What is this latest pharmaceutical product supposed to cure?
(a) Farrowing sows and carsick pets.
(b) Shedding in dogs and cats.
(c) Farm animals and pets with diarrhea.
(d) Cows and pigs with indigestion.
5. What is the name of the owner of the Greyhound Track?
(a) Mr. Stacker.
(b) Mr. Carter.
(c) Mr. Cokefield.
(d) Mr. Coker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bullock does Herriot treat in Chapter 23?
2. What is the name of the vet who always gets James drunk?
3. What farmer is James allotted to help in Shropshire?
4. Who is Raymond?
5. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)