|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 - 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal that James treats has peritonitis?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A bull.
(c) A pig.
(d) A calf.
2. Who is Herriot's flying instructor?
(a) Flying Officer Worthham.
(b) Flying Officer Woodham.
(c) Flying Officer Hartley.
(d) Flying Officer Cromwell.
3. What is Tubby Pinder enthusiastic about?
(d) Horse racing.
4. Where is James posted after his training in London?
(a) Newquary in Cornwall.
(b) Aberystwyth in Wales.
(c) Scarborough in Yorkshire.
(d) Glasgow in Scotland.
5. What profession does Mr. Ronald Beresford have?
(a) He's a bank manager.
(b) He's an inn keeper.
(c) He's a lawyer.
(d) He's a postal clerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
2. How much does Herriot's vet friend say he's going to charge him for the small operation performed on his dog, Sam?
3. What is the name of the farrowing pedigree sow who just gave birth?
4. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
5. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)