|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 - 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do James and Helen name the baby?
2. What does James dream of during an hour's nap in the waiting room of the flying school?
(a) Studying for his degree.
(b) Walking with Helen after going on rounds to a farm.
(c) His childhood in Scotland.
(d) His wedding day.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
(a) One and 1/2 stones.
(b) Two stones.
(c) One stone.
(d) Three stones.
4. What is this latest pharmaceutical product supposed to cure?
(a) Farm animals and pets with diarrhea.
(b) Shedding in dogs and cats.
(c) Cows and pigs with indigestion.
(d) Farrowing sows and carsick pets.
5. What is the name of the owner of the Greyhound Track?
(a) Mr. Carter.
(b) Mr. Cokefield.
(c) Mr. Coker.
(d) Mr. Stacker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man whose skinned knee James treats?
2. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
3. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
4. What is erecting eight sheaves of corn without them falling down called?
5. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)