|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 - 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who comes to pick up Mr. Dakin's cow for the fatstock market?
(a) John Hodgson.
(b) Humphrey Logan.
(c) Alfred Dodge.
(d) Jack Dodson.
2. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
(a) Hillside House.
(b) Skeldale House.
(c) The Droves.
(d) Darrowby House.
3. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Three and a half hours.
(c) Two and a half hours.
(d) Four hours.
4. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) Easter Sunday.
(b) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
(d) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
5. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the couple whose Golden Retriever is run over by a car?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
3. What is the name of the horse that has a serious case of canker?
4. What brand of cigarette does Tristan smoke?
5. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)