|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 - 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the nursing home Helen is in before she gives birth?
(a) Good Shepherd Nursing Home.
(b) Shadowlawn Nursing Home.
(c) Holly Hill Nursing Home.
(d) Greenside Nursing Home.
2. Who is Herriot's flying instructor?
(a) Flying Officer Worthham.
(b) Flying Officer Cromwell.
(c) Flying Officer Woodham.
(d) Flying Officer Hartley.
3. How much does the operation on the shepherd's dog cost?
(a) One and a half pounds.
(b) One pound.
(c) Two pounds.
(d) Twelve Shillings.
4. Who stands on top of the cart as the sheaves of corn are thrown up by James?
(a) Two of the farmer's children.
(b) Another RAFman.
(c) A neighbor, who is also a farmer.
(d) The farmer and his wife.
5. What farmer is James allotted to help in Shropshire?
(a) Farmer Edmonds.
(b) Farmer Henley.
(c) Farmer Whyte.
(d) Farmer Edwards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
2. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
3. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
4. Who finally calms the sow down so that she'll suckle her 15 piglets?
5. What are the names of the two inseparable dog friends in Chapter 31 and what breeds are they?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)