|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 - 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
(a) He treats the farmer's dog who has a broken leg.
(b) He bandages a wound on one of the farmer's horses.
(c) He delivers a lamb easily when the farmer cannot.
(d) He delivers the breech birth of a calf easily.
2. How much does Herriot's vet friend say he's going to charge him for the small operation performed on his dog, Sam?
(a) Eight pence.
(b) Ten pence.
(c) Ten shillings.
(d) Ten guineas.
3. Who is Charlie?
(a) Hulton's prize pig.
(b) Hulton's favorite dog.
(c) Hulton's prize horse.
(d) Hulton's farm foreman.
4. What disease does the poor prankster's dog have?
5. Who is the other AC2 member of the RAF who scared James while he was waiting to see the RAF dentist?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the baby Sidney's father do for a living?
2. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
3. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
4. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
5. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)