|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 - 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Herriot's vet friend say he's going to charge him for the small operation performed on his dog, Sam?
(a) Eight pence.
(b) Ten pence.
(c) Ten shillings.
(d) Ten guineas.
2. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Mr. Webber.
(b) Mr. Wentworth.
(c) Mr. Waverly.
(d) Mr. Waters.
3. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
(a) To the athletic field of Waynesboro.
(b) To the beach of the town.
(c) To the crest of Cherry Hill.
(d) To the top of Castle Hill.
4. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
(a) Desmond Winks.
(b) Wesley Binks.
(c) William Brink.
(d) Tommy Banks.
5. What is the name of the Golden Retriever who is hit by a car?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have James and Helen been married at the beginning of the book?
2. Who is Herriot's flying instructor?
3. What is the name of the blind man's dog?
4. What is the only thing James can see when he's marching through the thick London fog?
5. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)