|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 - 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is erecting eight sheaves of corn without them falling down called?
2. Who is the other AC2 member of the RAF who scared James while he was waiting to see the RAF dentist?
3. How much does Herriot's vet friend say he's going to charge him for the small operation performed on his dog, Sam?
(a) Ten pence.
(b) Ten guineas.
(c) Ten shillings.
(d) Eight pence.
4. Where were James and his fellow RAF men billeted after being posted to their location?
(a) The Ritz Hotel.
(b) THe Plaza Hotel.
(c) The Grand Hotel.
(d) The Regent Hotel.
5. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
(a) Basset hounds.
(d) Cairn terriers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
2. What are the airmen put to work doing in a Shropshire town?
3. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
4. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
5. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)