|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 - 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His mustache.
(c) His hair.
(d) His pipe.
2. What noble title does William Hulton bear?
3. Who is Herriot's flying instructor?
(a) Flying Officer Woodham.
(b) Flying Officer Cromwell.
(c) Flying Officer Hartley.
(d) Flying Officer Worthham.
4. What is the name of the estate owned by Mrs. Rumney?
(a) The Willows.
(b) The Oaks.
(c) The Laurels.
(d) Chestnut Hill.
5. What is the most lasting memory James has of taking over the practice of Siegfried's college friend?
(a) Successfully saving the Golden Retriever's leg.
(b) Being able to operate on a rickety kitchen table.
(c) Being able to help a poor family have a vacation.
(d) Remaining honest at the GreyHound track.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
2. What is the name of the blind man's dog?
3. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
4. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
5. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)