|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the couple whose Golden Retriever is run over by a car?
(a) John and Mary Gilford.
(b) Jim and Lucy Gothworth.
(c) Peter and Marjorie Gilliard.
(d) Peter and Minerva Goddard.
2. What is the name of the little farmer who is a strict Methodist and has a painful and embarrassing accident with a cow?
(a) Mr. Trillby.
(b) Mr. Gilby.
(c) Mr. Gilligan.
(d) Mr. Gilmore.
3. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Mr. Webber.
(b) Mr. Waters.
(c) Mr. Waverly.
(d) Mr. Wentworth.
4. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
(a) Louie Brayshaw.
(b) Stewie Brannon.
(c) Jimmy Brennen.
(d) Joey Branquist.
5. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
(c) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
(d) Easter Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tristan make for every meal when Siegfried makes him cook?
2. What did Hulton always count on his foreman to do for him?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
4. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
5. What is the name of Mr. Bartles' dog who is poisoned by Strychnine?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)