|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When James was reading Black's Veterinary Dictionary he was reminded about castrating what animals?
2. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
(d) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
3. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Mr. Waters.
(b) Mr. Wentworth.
(c) Mr. Webber.
(d) Mr. Waverly.
4. What does Mrs. Ainsworth name the little kitten brought to her by the dying mother cat on Christmas Day?
5. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
(a) Mrs. McCoy.
(b) Mrs. Holroyd.
(c) Mrs. Hollyfield.
(d) Mrs. Hatfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
2. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
3. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
5. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)