|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
2. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
3. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
(b) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
(c) A bugle at 5:30 am.
(d) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
4. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
(c) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
(d) Easter Sunday.
5. What is the name of Helen's nurse?
(a) Nurse Black.
(b) Nurse Brown.
(c) Nurse Green.
(d) Nurse White.
Short Answer Questions
1. The old shepherd's dog has what physical problem?
2. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
3. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
4. What does Jack Brimham's dog look like?
5. How long have James and Helen been married at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)