|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tristan make for every meal when Siegfried makes him cook?
(a) Eggs and toast.
(b) Sausage and mash.
(c) Porridge and bacon.
(d) Eggs and ham.
2. What is the name of the little farmer who is a strict Methodist and has a painful and embarrassing accident with a cow?
(a) Mr. Gilligan.
(b) Mr. Gilmore.
(c) Mr. Gilby.
(d) Mr. Trillby.
3. When James was reading Black's Veterinary Dictionary he was reminded about castrating what animals?
4. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
5. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
(a) Mr. Brookside.
(b) Mr. Broadmore.
(c) Mr. Boardman.
(d) Mr. Barrymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man whose skinned knee James treats?
2. Which dentist does James fear the least?
3. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
4. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
5. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)