|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the estate owned by Mrs. Rumney?
(a) The Laurels.
(b) The Willows.
(c) Chestnut Hill.
(d) The Oaks.
2. What disease does the poor prankster's dog have?
3. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
(a) To the crest of Cherry Hill.
(b) To the beach of the town.
(c) To the athletic field of Waynesboro.
(d) To the top of Castle Hill.
4. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
(a) A bay gelding.
(b) A while mare.
(c) A black stallion.
(d) A grey filly.
5. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
(a) Louie Brayshaw.
(b) Joey Branquist.
(c) Stewie Brannon.
(d) Jimmy Brennen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
2. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
3. What is the name of the village where Herriot goes to take over the practice of Siegfried's college buddy temporarily?
4. How many children does the vet who goes on vacation and leaves James in charge have?
5. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)