|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the estate owned by Mrs. Rumney?
(a) The Willows.
(b) The Laurels.
(c) Chestnut Hill.
(d) The Oaks.
2. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
(a) Flight Sergeant Hackett.
(b) Flight Sergeant Barklett.
(c) Flight Sergeant Blackett.
(d) Flight Sergeant Blackmore.
3. What do James and Helen name the baby?
4. What injury does the Golden Retriever have?
(a) His front leg is broken.
(b) His hip is broken.
(c) His hind leg is broken.
(d) His ribs are broken.
5. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
(a) Tommy Banks.
(b) Desmond Winks.
(c) William Brink.
(d) Wesley Binks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
2. What does Jack Brimham's dog look like?
3. What is the name of Helen's nurse?
4. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
5. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)