|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
(a) Two and a half hours.
(b) Three and a half hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Three hours.
2. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
(c) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
(d) Easter Sunday.
3. What do James and Helen name the baby?
4. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
(a) Mr. Dankin.
(b) Mrs. Humphrey.
(c) James Herriot.
(d) Mrs. Rumney.
5. How much does the operation on the shepherd's dog cost?
(a) Two pounds.
(b) One and a half pounds.
(c) One pound.
(d) Twelve Shillings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
2. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
3. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
4. What is the name of the man who comes to pick up Mr. Dakin's cow for the fatstock market?
5. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)