|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
(a) Hot coffee and two slices of bread with butter and honey.
(b) Hot chocolate and breakfast cake.
(c) Hot Earl Grey tea and scones.
(d) A large glass of beer and bread and cheese.
2. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
3. What does Herriot consider his Bible during his early veterinarian practice?
(a) Udall's Practice of Veterinary Medicine.
(b) Harvey's Rules of Veterinarians.
(c) Smith's Book of Veterinary Practice.
(d) The Wallace Book of Veterinary Medicine.
4. What profession does Jack Brimham have?
(a) He's a builder.
(b) He's a farmer.
(c) He's a preacher.
(d) He's a shepherd.
5. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
(a) Plain but attractive.
(b) Cheap-looking and ugly.
(c) Beautiful like his wife.
(d) Stylish considering it is a maturnity dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
2. What is the name of the little female dog they tried to mate Cedric with?
3. What is the name of the cheerful blind man?
4. What does Mrs. Ainsworth name the little kitten brought to her by the dying mother cat on Christmas Day?
5. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)