|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
(b) A bugle at 5:30 am.
(c) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
(d) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
2. What does Jack Brimham's dog look like?
(a) He's a little white rough-haired terrier.
(b) He's a large black and white border collie.
(c) He's a little brown dachshund.
(d) He's a little black miniature schnauzer.
3. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
(a) A while mare.
(b) A black stallion.
(c) A bay gelding.
(d) A grey filly.
4. Who is Charlie?
(a) Hulton's prize horse.
(b) Hulton's prize pig.
(c) Hulton's favorite dog.
(d) Hulton's farm foreman.
5. What is the name of the blind man's dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
2. What is the name of Mr. Bartles' dog who is poisoned by Strychnine?
3. What much does Herriot earn a day as Leading Aircraftsman?
4. What is the name of the little female dog they tried to mate Cedric with?
5. What cream does William Hulton swear by?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)