|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
(a) Two stones.
(b) Three stones.
(c) One and 1/2 stones.
(d) One stone.
2. When James was reading Black's Veterinary Dictionary he was reminded about castrating what animals?
3. What does Jack Brimham's dog look like?
(a) He's a little black miniature schnauzer.
(b) He's a large black and white border collie.
(c) He's a little white rough-haired terrier.
(d) He's a little brown dachshund.
4. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
(a) Hot chocolate and breakfast cake.
(b) Hot Earl Grey tea and scones.
(c) Hot coffee and two slices of bread with butter and honey.
(d) A large glass of beer and bread and cheese.
5. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
(a) Eleven pounds.
(b) Nine pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Eight pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
2. What is the nickname of the scary RAF dentist?
3. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
4. What does the baby Sidney's father do for a living?
5. What is the name of the man who comes to pick up Mr. Dakin's cow for the fatstock market?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)