|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
(a) Two stones.
(b) One and 1/2 stones.
(c) One stone.
(d) Three stones.
3. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
(a) Wesley Binks.
(b) Desmond Winks.
(c) William Brink.
(d) Tommy Banks.
4. What does the baby Sidney's father do for a living?
(a) He's a butcher.
(b) He's a carpenter.
(c) He's a Chimney Sweep.
(d) He's a backer.
5. Where were James and his fellow RAF men billeted after being posted to their location?
(a) The Ritz Hotel.
(b) THe Plaza Hotel.
(c) The Regent Hotel.
(d) The Grand Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds?
2. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
3. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
4. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
5. What did Hulton always count on his foreman to do for him?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)