|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
(a) Mr. Bethwick's.
(b) Mr. Billing's.
(c) Mr. Boswith's.
(d) Mr. Biltmore's.
2. Which dog is the only dog in Darrowby to survive strychnine poisoning?
3. What is the name of Helen's nurse?
(a) Nurse White.
(b) Nurse Green.
(c) Nurse Brown.
(d) Nurse Black.
4. What profession does Jack Brimham have?
(a) He's a builder.
(b) He's a preacher.
(c) He's a shepherd.
(d) He's a farmer.
5. Where is James posted after his training in London?
(a) Glasgow in Scotland.
(b) Aberystwyth in Wales.
(c) Scarborough in Yorkshire.
(d) Newquary in Cornwall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the baby Sidney's father do for a living?
2. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
3. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
4. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds?
5. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)