|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
(d) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
2. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
(b) A bugle at 5:30 am.
(c) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
(d) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
3. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
(a) His pipe.
(b) His mustache.
(c) His jacket.
(d) His hair.
4. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
5. Which dentist does James fear the least?
(a) Mr. Grover.
(b) Mr. Dollinger.
(c) Mr. McTavish.
(d) Mr. McDerroch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the dog adopted by the poor boy who plays pranks on James?
2. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
3. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
4. What did Hulton always count on his foreman to do for him?
5. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)