|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
2. What is the name of the stray cat Mrs. Ainsworth befriends?
3. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
4. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
(a) A large glass of beer and bread and cheese.
(b) Hot coffee and two slices of bread with butter and honey.
(c) Hot chocolate and breakfast cake.
(d) Hot Earl Grey tea and scones.
5. What is the name of the estate owned by Mrs. Rumney?
(a) The Laurels.
(b) Chestnut Hill.
(c) The Willows.
(d) The Oaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
2. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
3. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
4. What does Mrs. Ainsworth name the little kitten brought to her by the dying mother cat on Christmas Day?
5. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)