|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the dog adopted by the poor boy who plays pranks on James?
2. What did Hulton always count on his foreman to do for him?
(a) Groom his horses.
(b) Pronounce Propamidine for him.
(c) Manage his other workmen.
(d) Keep his cattle on the property.
3. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
(a) They lose their appetitie completely.
(b) Extreme diarrhea.
(c) The eyes begin to retreat into the head.
(d) Continual vomiting.
4. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
5. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
2. What does Herriot consider his Bible during his early veterinarian practice?
3. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
4. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
5. What is the name of the estate owned by Mrs. Rumney?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)