|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
2. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
(a) Mr. Biltmore's.
(b) Mr. Bethwick's.
(c) Mr. Billing's.
(d) Mr. Boswith's.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
(a) Three stones.
(b) One stone.
(c) Two stones.
(d) One and 1/2 stones.
4. Who is Charlie?
(a) Hulton's prize horse.
(b) Hulton's favorite dog.
(c) Hulton's prize pig.
(d) Hulton's farm foreman.
5. Who is the other AC2 member of the RAF who scared James while he was waiting to see the RAF dentist?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have James and Helen been married at the beginning of the book?
2. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
3. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
4. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
5. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)