|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
(a) James Herriot.
(b) Mrs. Rumney.
(c) Mr. Dankin.
(d) Mrs. Humphrey.
2. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
(a) Cairn terriers.
(b) Basset hounds.
3. Where is James posted after his training in London?
(a) Aberystwyth in Wales.
(b) Scarborough in Yorkshire.
(c) Glasgow in Scotland.
(d) Newquary in Cornwall.
4. What did Hulton always count on his foreman to do for him?
(a) Groom his horses.
(b) Keep his cattle on the property.
(c) Manage his other workmen.
(d) Pronounce Propamidine for him.
5. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
(b) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
(c) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
(d) A bugle at 5:30 am.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
2. What is the name of the man who comes to pick up Mr. Dakin's cow for the fatstock market?
3. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
4. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
5. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)