|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
(a) Stylish considering it is a maturnity dress.
(b) Beautiful like his wife.
(c) Cheap-looking and ugly.
(d) Plain but attractive.
2. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
(a) They lose their appetitie completely.
(b) Continual vomiting.
(c) Extreme diarrhea.
(d) The eyes begin to retreat into the head.
3. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
(b) A bugle at 5:30 am.
(c) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
(d) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
4. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
(a) His mustache.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His hair.
(d) His pipe.
5. What is the name of the dog adopted by the poor boy who plays pranks on James?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the estate owned by Mrs. Rumney?
2. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
4. What noble title does William Hulton bear?
5. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)