|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hulton always count on his foreman to do for him?
(a) Manage his other workmen.
(b) Groom his horses.
(c) Pronounce Propamidine for him.
(d) Keep his cattle on the property.
2. Where is James posted after his training in London?
(a) Scarborough in Yorkshire.
(b) Glasgow in Scotland.
(c) Aberystwyth in Wales.
(d) Newquary in Cornwall.
3. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
(a) Hot coffee and two slices of bread with butter and honey.
(b) Hot chocolate and breakfast cake.
(c) Hot Earl Grey tea and scones.
(d) A large glass of beer and bread and cheese.
4. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
(a) Mrs. Rumney.
(b) James Herriot.
(c) Mr. Dankin.
(d) Mrs. Humphrey.
5. What is the name of the dog adopted by the poor boy who plays pranks on James?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
2. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
3. What is the nickname of the scary RAF dentist?
4. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
5. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)