|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
(a) Mr. Hewey's.
(b) Mr. Hargrove's.
(c) Mr. Stokill's.
(d) Mr. Hennessey's.
2. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
(c) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
(d) Easter Sunday.
3. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
(a) Desmond Winks.
(b) William Brink.
(c) Tommy Banks.
(d) Wesley Binks.
4. Who is the other AC2 member of the RAF who scared James while he was waiting to see the RAF dentist?
5. What is the name of the man who comes to pick up Mr. Dakin's cow for the fatstock market?
(a) Humphrey Logan.
(b) Jack Dodson.
(c) Alfred Dodge.
(d) John Hodgson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
2. Which dentist does James fear the least?
3. What was the name of the man who was afraid James might accidentally castrate him because James was getting too close to his private parts with his scalpel?
4. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
5. How long have James and Helen been married at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)