|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
(b) A bugle at 5:30 am.
(c) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
(d) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
2. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
3. What does Mrs. Ainsworth name the little kitten brought to her by the dying mother cat on Christmas Day?
4. What is the name of the estate owned by Mrs. Rumney?
(a) Chestnut Hill.
(b) The Willows.
(c) The Laurels.
(d) The Oaks.
5. When James was reading Black's Veterinary Dictionary he was reminded about castrating what animals?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
2. Where were James and his fellow RAF men billeted after being posted to their location?
3. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
4. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
5. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)