|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45 - 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tristan make for every meal when Siegfried makes him cook?
(a) Porridge and bacon.
(b) Eggs and toast.
(c) Sausage and mash.
(d) Eggs and ham.
2. What is the only thing James can see when he's marching through the thick London fog?
(a) The trees of the London park.
(b) The swinging lantern.
(c) The man ahead of him.
(d) The tower of London.
3. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
4. Who is Herriot's boss when he works at the stores?
(a) Corporal Tweekes.
(b) Corporal Stockes.
(c) Corporal Westley.
(d) Corporal Weekes.
5. What is the name of the farm family whose three members all talk at the same time?
(a) The Birtwhistles.
(b) The Bertleswirth.
(c) The Birtwhiffles.
(d) The Bertwents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the auctioneer James sees in Drovers Arms?
2. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
3. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
4. What is the most lasting memory James has of taking over the practice of Siegfried's college friend?
5. What is the name of Mr. Bartles' dog who is poisoned by Strychnine?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)