|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29 - 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up owning Cedric?
(a) Con Fenton.
(b) Don Fentin.
(c) Saul Ferris.
(d) Cam Finton.
2. What is the name of the man who comes to pick up Mr. Dakin's cow for the fatstock market?
(a) Jack Dodson.
(b) Humphrey Logan.
(c) John Hodgson.
(d) Alfred Dodge.
3. What did Hulton always count on his foreman to do for him?
(a) Manage his other workmen.
(b) Groom his horses.
(c) Keep his cattle on the property.
(d) Pronounce Propamidine for him.
4. Who is Herriot's flying instructor?
(a) Flying Officer Hartley.
(b) Flying Officer Woodham.
(c) Flying Officer Worthham.
(d) Flying Officer Cromwell.
5. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
(a) Mrs. Hatfield.
(b) Mrs. McCoy.
(c) Mrs. Hollyfield.
(d) Mrs. Holroyd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
2. Which dentist does James fear the least?
3. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
4. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
5. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)