|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 39 - 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
2. What does James have three cases of while he's going on rounds with the student?
(a) Giving birth.
(b) Prolapsed uterus.
(c) False pregnancy.
3. How much does Herriot's vet friend say he's going to charge him for the small operation performed on his dog, Sam?
(a) Eight pence.
(b) Ten shillings.
(c) Ten pence.
(d) Ten guineas.
4. What kind of a dog is Coco and how old is he?
(a) He's a six-month-old cocker spaniel.
(b) He's a two-month-old dachshund.
(c) He's a five-month-old beagle.
(d) He's a three-month-old poodle.
5. Where is James posted after his training in London?
(a) Aberystwyth in Wales.
(b) Scarborough in Yorkshire.
(c) Glasgow in Scotland.
(d) Newquary in Cornwall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Paul Cotterell from?
2. When James was reading Black's Veterinary Dictionary he was reminded about castrating what animals?
3. What noble title does William Hulton bear?
4. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
5. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)