|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 39 - 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the little farmer who is a strict Methodist and has a painful and embarrassing accident with a cow?
(a) Mr. Trillby.
(b) Mr. Gilligan.
(c) Mr. Gilby.
(d) Mr. Gilmore.
2. What did Hulton always count on his foreman to do for him?
(a) Manage his other workmen.
(b) Keep his cattle on the property.
(c) Groom his horses.
(d) Pronounce Propamidine for him.
3. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
(a) Larry Smith.
(b) Jim Oakley.
(c) Tim Oakes.
(d) Jerry Takley.
4. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
(a) They lose their appetitie completely.
(b) The eyes begin to retreat into the head.
(c) Extreme diarrhea.
(d) Continual vomiting.
5. What does the baby Sidney's father do for a living?
(a) He's a carpenter.
(b) He's a Chimney Sweep.
(c) He's a butcher.
(d) He's a backer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the student who goes with James on his rounds?
2. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
3. What breed of dog is the blind man's dog?
4. What condition did James have all his life that gives him a secret fear in the RAF?
5. What are the names of the couple whose Golden Retriever is run over by a car?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)