|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 39 - 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
(b) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
(c) A bugle at 5:30 am.
(d) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
2. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
(a) He treats the farmer's dog who has a broken leg.
(b) He bandages a wound on one of the farmer's horses.
(c) He delivers a lamb easily when the farmer cannot.
(d) He delivers the breech birth of a calf easily.
3. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
4. What kind of an ill animal does Mr. Fischer have?
(a) A large white cow.
(b) A huge white pig.
(c) A small, thin calf.
(d) A huge black bull.
5. What is the name of the son in the family whose members all talk at the same time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Raymond?
2. What is the name of the dog adopted by the poor boy who plays pranks on James?
3. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
4. Where was James posted after flying school?
5. What is the biggest problem James faces in the surgery he takes over for a couple weeks for Siegfried's friend?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)