|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 39 - 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Rington's dog?
2. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
(a) Mr. Biltmore's.
(b) Mr. Bethwick's.
(c) Mr. Boswith's.
(d) Mr. Billing's.
3. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
(b) Easter Sunday.
(c) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
4. What does Jack Brimham's dog look like?
(a) He's a little white rough-haired terrier.
(b) He's a little brown dachshund.
(c) He's a large black and white border collie.
(d) He's a little black miniature schnauzer.
5. What is Tubby Pinder enthusiastic about?
(b) Horse racing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the farmer who had a sick six-month-old calf?
2. What much does Herriot earn a day as Leading Aircraftsman?
3. What disease does the poor prankster's dog have?
4. What is the biggest problem James faces in the surgery he takes over for a couple weeks for Siegfried's friend?
5. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)