|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 39 - 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Herriot's flying instructor?
(a) Flying Officer Cromwell.
(b) Flying Officer Woodham.
(c) Flying Officer Hartley.
(d) Flying Officer Worthham.
2. What is the name of the formidable man whose daughter, Deborah, Tristan is dating in Chapter 30?
(a) Mr. Mount.
(b) Mr. Mountbatton.
(c) Mr. Montague.
(d) Mr. Montgomery.
3. How many children does the policeman who adopts the stray dog have and what are their sexes?
(a) Two boys and one girl.
(b) Two girls.
(c) Two boys.
(d) One boy and one girl.
4. What is the name of the little female dog they tried to mate Cedric with?
5. Who finally calms the sow down so that she'll suckle her 15 piglets?
(a) Grandad Hollin.
(b) Bob Cooper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who comes to pick up Mr. Dakin's cow for the fatstock market?
2. What did Hulton always count on his foreman to do for him?
3. What does Mrs. Ainsworth name the little kitten brought to her by the dying mother cat on Christmas Day?
4. What does Herriot consider his Bible during his early veterinarian practice?
5. How old is the veterinary student who accompanies James on his rounds?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)