|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 39 - 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
(a) Jim Oakley.
(b) Jerry Takley.
(c) Tim Oakes.
(d) Larry Smith.
2. Who is the lame veteran who comes to get Herriot because his dog has been poisoned also?
(a) Mr. Broadmore.
(b) Mr. Boardman.
(c) Mr. Barrymore.
(d) Mr. Brookside.
3. Who is the Divisional Inspector in charge of paper work for tuberculin testing?
(a) John Holloway.
(b) Charles Harcourt
(c) John Hargrove.
(d) Charles Henley.
4. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
(a) Ten pounds.
(b) Nine pounds.
(c) Eleven pounds.
(d) Eight pounds.
5. What is the name of the student who goes with James on his rounds?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal that James treats has peritonitis?
2. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
3. What is the name of the farrowing pedigree sow who just gave birth?
4. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds?
5. Which farmer who James visits to treat one of the animals has a very soft voice, almost a whisper?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)