|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 39 - 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James dream of during an hour's nap in the waiting room of the flying school?
(a) His childhood in Scotland.
(b) His wedding day.
(c) Studying for his degree.
(d) Walking with Helen after going on rounds to a farm.
2. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
(a) Mr. Stokill's.
(b) Mr. Hargrove's.
(c) Mr. Hennessey's.
(d) Mr. Hewey's.
3. What does Mrs. Ainsworth name the little kitten brought to her by the dying mother cat on Christmas Day?
4. What are the airmen put to work doing in a Shropshire town?
(a) Building a barracks for the RAF.
(b) Building a reservoir.
(c) Building an air strip.
(d) Building a road.
5. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
(a) Jim Oakley.
(b) Tim Oakes.
(c) Jerry Takley.
(d) Larry Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stands on top of the cart as the sheaves of corn are thrown up by James?
2. Who does Tristan throw out the French window?
3. Where is James posted after his training in London?
4. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
5. What condition does Mr. Blackburn's cow have that makes her so weak and unable to give birth?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)