|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 39 - 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
(a) Beautiful like his wife.
(b) Stylish considering it is a maturnity dress.
(c) Cheap-looking and ugly.
(d) Plain but attractive.
2. What is the name of the owner of the Greyhound Track?
(a) Mr. Cokefield.
(b) Mr. Coker.
(c) Mr. Carter.
(d) Mr. Stacker.
3. Who is Raymond?
(a) A college buddy of Tristan.
(b) A fellow vet in Darrowby.
(c) A dog James treats.
(d) A neighbor of the man James visits.
4. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
(a) He treats the farmer's dog who has a broken leg.
(b) He bandages a wound on one of the farmer's horses.
(c) He delivers the breech birth of a calf easily.
(d) He delivers a lamb easily when the farmer cannot.
5. Who is the other AC2 member of the RAF who scared James while he was waiting to see the RAF dentist?
Short Answer Questions
1. What noble title does William Hulton bear?
2. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
3. What kind of dog does Mr. Rington have?
4. What kind of bullock does Herriot treat in Chapter 23?
5. Whose prize cow is saved from being slaughtered at the last minute?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)