|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 39 - 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
(a) Extreme diarrhea.
(b) The eyes begin to retreat into the head.
(c) Continual vomiting.
(d) They lose their appetitie completely.
2. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
3. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two and a half hours.
(d) Three and a half hours.
4. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
5. What physical problem does the bullock have?
(a) Liver fluke.
(b) Heart worm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
2. Who tells James about Paul's suicide?
3. With what two friends did James go camping every weekend from Easter to October as a boy?
4. What are the names of the couple whose Golden Retriever is run over by a car?
5. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)