|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 39 - 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack Brimham's dog look like?
(a) He's a little white rough-haired terrier.
(b) He's a large black and white border collie.
(c) He's a little black miniature schnauzer.
(d) He's a little brown dachshund.
2. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Edward Carey.
(b) Hubert Black.
(c) Albert Close.
(d) Sidney Cartwright.
3. Who stands on top of the cart as the sheaves of corn are thrown up by James?
(a) Another RAFman.
(b) Two of the farmer's children.
(c) A neighbor, who is also a farmer.
(d) The farmer and his wife.
4. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
5. What kind of dog does Mr. Rington have?
(a) A female Alsatian.
(b) A female Bull Terrier.
(c) A female Dalmation.
(d) A female Poodle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the old shepherd's dog who lay under the table at The Fox and Hounds?
2. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
3. How much does Herriot's vet friend say he's going to charge him for the small operation performed on his dog, Sam?
4. What condition did James have all his life that gives him a secret fear in the RAF?
5. What is the name of the farmer who had a sick six-month-old calf?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)