|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 39 - 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James dream of during an hour's nap in the waiting room of the flying school?
(a) Walking with Helen after going on rounds to a farm.
(b) His wedding day.
(c) Studying for his degree.
(d) His childhood in Scotland.
2. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
(a) Hillside House.
(b) The Droves.
(c) Skeldale House.
(d) Darrowby House.
3. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
4. What is the name of the student who goes with James on his rounds?
5. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
(a) Eleven pounds.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) Eight pounds.
(d) Nine pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours of instruction does James have before he is sent up for his first solo flight?
2. What is the name of the little farmer who is a strict Methodist and has a painful and embarrassing accident with a cow?
3. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
4. Who is Herriot's flying instructor?
5. Who is Raymond?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)