|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
(a) The eyes begin to retreat into the head.
(b) They lose their appetitie completely.
(c) Extreme diarrhea.
(d) Continual vomiting.
2. What cream does William Hulton swear by?
(a) Propamidine Cream.
(b) Neosporin Cream.
(c) Pond's Cream.
(d) Nivea Cream.
3. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
(b) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
4. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) A bugle at 5:30 am.
(b) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
(c) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
(d) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
5. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
(a) Two and a half hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Three and a half hours.
(d) Three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hulton always count on his foreman to do for him?
2. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
3. What is the name of the man who comes to pick up Mr. Dakin's cow for the fatstock market?
4. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
5. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)