|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
(a) Tim Oakes.
(b) Jerry Takley.
(c) Jim Oakley.
(d) Larry Smith.
2. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
(a) Flight Sergeant Barklett.
(b) Flight Sergeant Hackett.
(c) Flight Sergeant Blackmore.
(d) Flight Sergeant Blackett.
3. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
(a) The eyes begin to retreat into the head.
(b) Extreme diarrhea.
(c) Continual vomiting.
(d) They lose their appetitie completely.
4. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
(a) Hillside House.
(b) Darrowby House.
(c) Skeldale House.
(d) The Droves.
5. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
(a) Mr. Biltmore's.
(b) Mr. Billing's.
(c) Mr. Boswith's.
(d) Mr. Bethwick's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the old shepherd's dog who lay under the table at The Fox and Hounds?
2. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
3. What is the name of the little female dog they tried to mate Cedric with?
4. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
5. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)