|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
(a) Nine pounds.
(b) Eight pounds.
(c) Eleven pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
2. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Hubert Black.
(b) Edward Carey.
(c) Sidney Cartwright.
(d) Albert Close.
3. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
(a) Hot chocolate and breakfast cake.
(b) A large glass of beer and bread and cheese.
(c) Hot Earl Grey tea and scones.
(d) Hot coffee and two slices of bread with butter and honey.
4. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
5. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
(b) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
(d) Easter Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is James posted after his training in London?
2. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
3. When James was reading Black's Veterinary Dictionary he was reminded about castrating what animals?
4. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
5. Who is Charlie?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)