|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the nursing home Helen is in before she gives birth?
(a) Good Shepherd Nursing Home.
(b) Holly Hill Nursing Home.
(c) Shadowlawn Nursing Home.
(d) Greenside Nursing Home.
2. What does Tristan make for every meal when Siegfried makes him cook?
(a) Eggs and toast.
(b) Porridge and bacon.
(c) Eggs and ham.
(d) Sausage and mash.
3. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Edward Carey.
(b) Albert Close.
(c) Hubert Black.
(d) Sidney Cartwright.
4. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
(a) Plain but attractive.
(b) Cheap-looking and ugly.
(c) Beautiful like his wife.
(d) Stylish considering it is a maturnity dress.
5. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
(a) A black stallion.
(b) A while mare.
(c) A grey filly.
(d) A bay gelding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
2. What was the name of the dog who got a ball stuck in his throat?
3. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
4. What do James and Helen name the baby?
5. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)