|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The old shepherd's dog has what physical problem?
(a) Broken ribs.
(b) Bladder infection.
(c) Turned-in eyelids.
(d) lame leg.
2. What is the only thing James can see when he's marching through the thick London fog?
(a) The man ahead of him.
(b) The swinging lantern.
(c) The tower of London.
(d) The trees of the London park.
3. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
(a) Mr. Biltmore's.
(b) Mr. Billing's.
(c) Mr. Boswith's.
(d) Mr. Bethwick's.
4. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Mr. Waverly.
(b) Mr. Waters.
(c) Mr. Webber.
(d) Mr. Wentworth.
5. What does the baby Sidney's father do for a living?
(a) He's a butcher.
(b) He's a carpenter.
(c) He's a backer.
(d) He's a Chimney Sweep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
2. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
3. What do James and Helen name the baby?
4. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
5. When Herriot was 24 and new to the vet practice, whose bullock with a sore foot did he treat?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)