|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Two and a half hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Three and a half hours.
2. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
(a) William Brink.
(b) Desmond Winks.
(c) Wesley Binks.
(d) Tommy Banks.
3. When James was reading Black's Veterinary Dictionary he was reminded about castrating what animals?
4. What does Hulton give James to eat and drink after James had successfully operated on the mother pig?
(a) Hot coffee and two slices of bread with butter and honey.
(b) Hot Earl Grey tea and scones.
(c) A large glass of beer and bread and cheese.
(d) Hot chocolate and breakfast cake.
5. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
(a) To the beach of the town.
(b) To the top of Castle Hill.
(c) To the athletic field of Waynesboro.
(d) To the crest of Cherry Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hulton constantly fiddling with?
2. What is the name of the stray cat Mrs. Ainsworth befriends?
3. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
5. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)