|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing James can see when he's marching through the thick London fog?
(a) The tower of London.
(b) The swinging lantern.
(c) The trees of the London park.
(d) The man ahead of him.
2. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
(a) James Herriot.
(b) Mr. Dankin.
(c) Mrs. Humphrey.
(d) Mrs. Rumney.
3. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
(a) Hillside House.
(b) Darrowby House.
(c) Skeldale House.
(d) The Droves.
4. What is the name of the man who comes to pick up Mr. Dakin's cow for the fatstock market?
(a) Jack Dodson.
(b) John Hodgson.
(c) Alfred Dodge.
(d) Humphrey Logan.
5. What does the baby Sidney's father do for a living?
(a) He's a backer.
(b) He's a Chimney Sweep.
(c) He's a butcher.
(d) He's a carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
2. What is the name of the nursing home Helen is in before she gives birth?
3. What disease does the poor prankster's dog have?
4. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
5. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)