|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes up the RAF men each morning and at what time?
(a) The officer in charge at 6:15 am.
(b) A bugle at 5:30 am.
(c) The clattering of dustbin lids at 6 am.
(d) The kitchen workers at 5 am.
2. How long have James and Helen been married at the beginning of the book?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 8 months.
3. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
(a) Flight Sergeant Blackett.
(b) Flight Sergeant Hackett.
(c) Flight Sergeant Blackmore.
(d) Flight Sergeant Barklett.
4. What does Tristan make for every meal when Siegfried makes him cook?
(a) Porridge and bacon.
(b) Sausage and mash.
(c) Eggs and toast.
(d) Eggs and ham.
5. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
(a) Mr. Biltmore's.
(b) Mr. Billing's.
(c) Mr. Boswith's.
(d) Mr. Bethwick's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
2. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
3. What disease does the poor prankster's dog have?
4. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
5. What kind of breed are Mrs. Ainsworth's dogs?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)