|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
2. How much does the operation on the shepherd's dog cost?
(a) Two pounds.
(b) One pound.
(c) One and a half pounds.
(d) Twelve Shillings.
3. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
(a) Jerry Takley.
(b) Tim Oakes.
(c) Jim Oakley.
(d) Larry Smith.
4. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
(a) William Brink.
(b) Tommy Banks.
(c) Desmond Winks.
(d) Wesley Binks.
5. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
(a) Mrs. Dewburn.
(b) Mrs. Dudley.
(c) Mrs. Dewinkle.
(d) Mrs. Greenburn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot consider his Bible during his early veterinarian practice?
2. How long have James and Helen been married at the beginning of the book?
3. How many dogs does Mrs. Ainsworth have?
4. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
5. What is the name of Helen's nurse?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)