|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 39 - 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
(c) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
(d) Easter Sunday.
2. What is the name of Mr. Dakin's old cow who returns home to her stall?
3. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
4. What fatal disease does Paul's dog have?
(a) Lung cancer.
(c) Hodgkin's disease.
(d) Liver cancer.
5. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
(a) He treats the farmer's dog who has a broken leg.
(b) He delivers a lamb easily when the farmer cannot.
(c) He delivers the breech birth of a calf easily.
(d) He bandages a wound on one of the farmer's horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the horse that has a serious case of canker?
2. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
3. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
4. What is the name of the little farmer who is a strict Methodist and has a painful and embarrassing accident with a cow?
5. What is the name of the woman in the next room to Helen who also just gave birth?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)