|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the housekeeper who takes care of James in the mill town where he is covering for Siegfried's friend?
(a) Mrs. Holroyd.
(b) Mrs. Hollyfield.
(c) Mrs. McCoy.
(d) Mrs. Hatfield.
2. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
(a) Jerry Takley.
(b) Jim Oakley.
(c) Tim Oakes.
(d) Larry Smith.
3. What is the name of the dog adopted by the poor boy who plays pranks on James?
4. Who is the owner of the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Mr. Webber.
(b) Mr. Waters.
(c) Mr. Waverly.
(d) Mr. Wentworth.
5. What is the name of the old shepherd's dog who lay under the table at The Fox and Hounds?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do James and Helen name the baby?
2. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
3. What is the biggest problem James faces in the surgery he takes over for a couple weeks for Siegfried's friend?
4. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
5. With what two friends did James go camping every weekend from Easter to October as a boy?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)