|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
(a) Jimmy Brennen.
(b) Joey Branquist.
(c) Louie Brayshaw.
(d) Stewie Brannon.
2. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
(a) He treats the farmer's dog who has a broken leg.
(b) He delivers a lamb easily when the farmer cannot.
(c) He bandages a wound on one of the farmer's horses.
(d) He delivers the breech birth of a calf easily.
3. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
(a) Plain but attractive.
(b) Stylish considering it is a maturnity dress.
(c) Cheap-looking and ugly.
(d) Beautiful like his wife.
4. What is the fee James gets for the only doctoring he had done on a human?
(a) Six shillings.
(b) A sixpence.
(c) Seven pence.
(d) Five shillings.
5. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
(a) To the top of Castle Hill.
(b) To the beach of the town.
(c) To the crest of Cherry Hill.
(d) To the athletic field of Waynesboro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Helen's nurse?
2. What farmer is James allotted to help in Shropshire?
3. What disease does the poor prankster's dog have?
4. What is erecting eight sheaves of corn without them falling down called?
5. What is the name of the owner of the Greyhound Track?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)