|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the village where Herriot goes to take over the practice of Siegfried's college buddy temporarily?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
(a) One stone.
(b) One and 1/2 stones.
(c) Two stones.
(d) Three stones.
3. Who is Herriot's flying instructor?
(a) Flying Officer Hartley.
(b) Flying Officer Woodham.
(c) Flying Officer Cromwell.
(d) Flying Officer Worthham.
4. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
(a) Jim Oakley.
(b) Tim Oakes.
(c) Larry Smith.
(d) Jerry Takley.
5. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What farmer is James allotted to help in Shropshire?
2. What is the fee James gets for the only doctoring he had done on a human?
3. Who is the young urchin who constantly plays pranks on James?
4. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
5. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)