|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands on top of the cart as the sheaves of corn are thrown up by James?
(a) Another RAFman.
(b) Two of the farmer's children.
(c) A neighbor, who is also a farmer.
(d) The farmer and his wife.
2. After six months at Scarborough how many miles can James trot along the beach and cliffs without any trouble?
3. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
(a) He delivers the breech birth of a calf easily.
(b) He bandages a wound on one of the farmer's horses.
(c) He treats the farmer's dog who has a broken leg.
(d) He delivers a lamb easily when the farmer cannot.
4. With what two friends did James go camping every weekend from Easter to October as a boy?
(a) Albert Tanner and Eddie Harley.
(b) Alex Taylor and Eddie Hutchison.
(c) Alvin Tennyson and Jimmy Hutchson.
(d) Alan Taylor and Joey Harvey.
5. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
(a) Mr. Dankin.
(b) Mrs. Rumney.
(c) James Herriot.
(d) Mrs. Humphrey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
2. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
3. What is the name of the little female dog they tried to mate Cedric with?
4. The old shepherd's dog has what physical problem?
5. What does Herriot consider his Bible during his early veterinarian practice?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)