|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
(a) A grey filly.
(b) A bay gelding.
(c) A while mare.
(d) A black stallion.
2. What is the name of the little female dog they tried to mate Cedric with?
3. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Three and a half hours.
(c) Two and a half hours.
(d) Four hours.
4. What is the most lasting memory James has of taking over the practice of Siegfried's college friend?
(a) Remaining honest at the GreyHound track.
(b) Being able to help a poor family have a vacation.
(c) Successfully saving the Golden Retriever's leg.
(d) Being able to operate on a rickety kitchen table.
5. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
(a) He bandages a wound on one of the farmer's horses.
(b) He delivers a lamb easily when the farmer cannot.
(c) He treats the farmer's dog who has a broken leg.
(d) He delivers the breech birth of a calf easily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the nursing home Helen is in before she gives birth?
2. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
4. What does the baby Sidney's father do for a living?
5. What are the names of the couple whose Golden Retriever is run over by a car?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)