|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the village where Herriot goes to take over the practice of Siegfried's college buddy temporarily?
2. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
3. What is the biggest problem James faces in the surgery he takes over for a couple weeks for Siegfried's friend?
(a) A rickety, collapsing kitchen table.
(b) Not enough light to operate by.
(c) Too much noise.
(d) Dirty medicine bottles.
4. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
(a) The Droves.
(b) Skeldale House.
(c) Darrowby House.
(d) Hillside House.
5. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tristan make for every meal when Siegfried makes him cook?
2. After six months at Scarborough how many miles can James trot along the beach and cliffs without any trouble?
3. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
4. What does Herriot consider his Bible during his early veterinarian practice?
5. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)