|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After six months at Scarborough how many miles can James trot along the beach and cliffs without any trouble?
2. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
(a) Ten pounds.
(b) Eleven pounds.
(c) Nine pounds.
(d) Eight pounds.
3. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
(a) The Droves.
(b) Hillside House.
(c) Skeldale House.
(d) Darrowby House.
4. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
5. The old shepherd's dog has what physical problem?
(a) Broken ribs.
(b) lame leg.
(c) Turned-in eyelids.
(d) Bladder infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the airmen put to work doing in a Shropshire town?
2. What disease does the poor prankster's dog have?
3. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
4. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
5. Who is the Flight Sergeant who surprises James at his niceness about the baby?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)