|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
(a) He treats the farmer's dog who has a broken leg.
(b) He bandages a wound on one of the farmer's horses.
(c) He delivers the breech birth of a calf easily.
(d) He delivers a lamb easily when the farmer cannot.
2. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
(a) Mr. Boswith's.
(b) Mr. Billing's.
(c) Mr. Bethwick's.
(d) Mr. Biltmore's.
3. What is the name of the little female dog they tried to mate Cedric with?
4. What is the name of the nursing home Helen is in before she gives birth?
(a) Shadowlawn Nursing Home.
(b) Greenside Nursing Home.
(c) Good Shepherd Nursing Home.
(d) Holly Hill Nursing Home.
5. Who ends up owning Cedric?
(a) Cam Finton.
(b) Saul Ferris.
(c) Don Fentin.
(d) Con Fenton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the baby Sidney's father do for a living?
2. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
3. What is the name of the farmer who had a sick six-month-old calf?
4. Where are the two childhood camping chums now while James is in the RAF in Shropshire?
5. What is the name of the owner of the Greyhound Track?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)