|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
2. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
(a) Nine pounds.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) Eight pounds.
(d) Eleven pounds.
3. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
(a) He treats the farmer's dog who has a broken leg.
(b) He delivers a lamb easily when the farmer cannot.
(c) He bandages a wound on one of the farmer's horses.
(d) He delivers the breech birth of a calf easily.
4. What is the name of the estate owned by Mrs. Rumney?
(a) Chestnut Hill.
(b) The Laurels.
(c) The Willows.
(d) The Oaks.
5. What is the name of the old shepherd's dog who lay under the table at The Fox and Hounds?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
2. What do James and Helen name the baby?
3. Who ends up owning Cedric?
4. Who stands on top of the cart as the sheaves of corn are thrown up by James?
5. Where are the two childhood camping chums now while James is in the RAF in Shropshire?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)