|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the two childhood camping chums now while James is in the RAF in Shropshire?
(a) In France and India.
(b) In the Pacific and the Philippines.
(c) In the Middle East and Burma.
(d) In Wales and Scotland.
2. What is the name of the house where the veterinarians live?
(a) Skeldale House.
(b) Hillside House.
(c) Darrowby House.
(d) The Droves.
3. What does Tristan make for every meal when Siegfried makes him cook?
(a) Eggs and toast.
(b) Eggs and ham.
(c) Sausage and mash.
(d) Porridge and bacon.
4. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
5. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
(a) James Herriot.
(b) Mrs. Rumney.
(c) Mr. Dankin.
(d) Mrs. Humphrey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
2. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
3. What is the most lasting memory James has of taking over the practice of Siegfried's college friend?
4. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
5. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)