|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
(a) A grey filly.
(b) A bay gelding.
(c) A while mare.
(d) A black stallion.
2. What is the fee James gets for the only doctoring he had done on a human?
(a) A sixpence.
(b) Six shillings.
(c) Five shillings.
(d) Seven pence.
3. What does James dream of during an hour's nap in the waiting room of the flying school?
(a) His wedding day.
(b) His childhood in Scotland.
(c) Studying for his degree.
(d) Walking with Helen after going on rounds to a farm.
4. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
(a) To the crest of Cherry Hill.
(b) To the beach of the town.
(c) To the top of Castle Hill.
(d) To the athletic field of Waynesboro.
5. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
(a) Tim Oakes.
(b) Jerry Takley.
(c) Jim Oakley.
(d) Larry Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Siegfried's college buddy whose vet practice Herriot takes for a couple of weeks?
2. How does Herriot's vet experience come in handy with the farmer he is working for?
3. What is the name of the dog adopted by the poor boy who plays pranks on James?
4. What disease does the poor prankster's dog have?
5. How many children does the vet who goes on vacation and leaves James in charge have?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)