|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does the dog, Cedric, suffer from?
2. What is the name of the farmer who had a sick six-month-old calf?
(a) Mr. Sowlent.
(b) Mr. Sotheby.
(c) Mr. Snowdon.
(d) Mr. Sowden.
3. What is the name of the Golden Retriever who is hit by a car?
4. How much does the Herriot baby weigh when he's born?
(a) Eleven pounds.
(b) Eight pounds.
(c) Nine pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
5. What does Tristan make for every meal when Siegfried makes him cook?
(a) Eggs and toast.
(b) Eggs and ham.
(c) Porridge and bacon.
(d) Sausage and mash.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what two friends did James go camping every weekend from Easter to October as a boy?
2. The old shepherd's dog has what physical problem?
3. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
4. What is the name of the racehorse owner who doesn't trust Herriot to treat his horses and wants Farnon instead?
5. What is the biggest problem James faces in the surgery he takes over for a couple weeks for Siegfried's friend?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)