|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands on top of the cart as the sheaves of corn are thrown up by James?
(a) Two of the farmer's children.
(b) Another RAFman.
(c) A neighbor, who is also a farmer.
(d) The farmer and his wife.
2. What does James dream of during an hour's nap in the waiting room of the flying school?
(a) Studying for his degree.
(b) His childhood in Scotland.
(c) His wedding day.
(d) Walking with Helen after going on rounds to a farm.
3. What is the name of the old shepherd's dog who lay under the table at The Fox and Hounds?
4. What is the name of the retired shepherd who sat in the same place every night at the Fox and Hounds?
(a) Hubert Black.
(b) Sidney Cartwright.
(c) Albert Close.
(d) Edward Carey.
5. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
(a) They lose their appetitie completely.
(b) The eyes begin to retreat into the head.
(c) Continual vomiting.
(d) Extreme diarrhea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do James and Helen name the baby?
2. Which farmer's calves were dying mysteriously?
3. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
4. How many children does the vet who goes on vacation and leaves James in charge have?
5. What injury does the Golden Retriever have?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)