|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special day was it when a boy played the prank of removing the coal cellar grating and James fell into it up to his chest?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) The day of the Darrowby Gala.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) The day of the Darrowby Bicycle Race.
2. Who is the first owner of Cedric?
(a) Mr. Dankin.
(b) Mrs. Rumney.
(c) James Herriot.
(d) Mrs. Humphrey.
3. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
4. Where are the two childhood camping chums now while James is in the RAF in Shropshire?
(a) In the Middle East and Burma.
(b) In France and India.
(c) In the Pacific and the Philippines.
(d) In Wales and Scotland.
5. How much does the operation on the shepherd's dog cost?
(a) Twelve Shillings.
(b) One pound.
(c) One and a half pounds.
(d) Two pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man whose skinned knee James treats?
2. What is the name of the little female dog they tried to mate Cedric with?
3. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
4. What is the name of the nursing home Helen is in before she gives birth?
5. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)