|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal that James treats has peritonitis?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A pig.
(c) A calf.
(d) A bull.
2. What condition does Mr. Blackburn's cow have that makes her so weak and unable to give birth?
(b) Breech birth.
(d) Milk fever.
3. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
(a) Continual vomiting.
(b) The eyes begin to retreat into the head.
(c) They lose their appetitie completely.
(d) Extreme diarrhea.
4. What kind of bullock does Herriot treat in Chapter 23?
(a) A Hereford Cross.
(b) A Gurnsey Cross.
(c) A pure Holstein.
(d) A pure Jersey.
5. How much does Herriot's vet friend say he's going to charge him for the small operation performed on his dog, Sam?
(a) Eight pence.
(b) Ten pence.
(c) Ten shillings.
(d) Ten guineas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the vet who always gets James drunk?
2. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
3. What physical problem does the bullock have?
4. What is the name of the man with the loudest voice James has ever heard?
5. How many hours of instruction does James have before he is sent up for his first solo flight?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)