|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
2. Which farmer who James visits to treat one of the animals has a very soft voice, almost a whisper?
(a) Elias Weatherly.
(b) Elijah Wentworth.
(c) Elwood Westley.
(d) Jeremiah Livingsworth.
3. What is Paul Cotterell's dog's name?
4. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
(a) A grey filly.
(b) A bay gelding.
(c) A black stallion.
(d) A while mare.
5. How many hours of instruction does James have before he is sent up for his first solo flight?
(a) Fifteen hours.
(b) Nine hours.
(c) Ten hours.
(d) Twelve hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Helen's eyes?
2. What kind of bullock does Herriot treat in Chapter 23?
3. Where is Paul Cotterell from?
4. What does Herriot's flying instructor say is "very good indeed, really masterly" about Herriot's first solo flight?
5. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)