|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot consider his Bible during his early veterinarian practice?
(a) Harvey's Rules of Veterinarians.
(b) The Wallace Book of Veterinary Medicine.
(c) Smith's Book of Veterinary Practice.
(d) Udall's Practice of Veterinary Medicine.
2. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
(a) To the top of Castle Hill.
(b) To the beach of the town.
(c) To the athletic field of Waynesboro.
(d) To the crest of Cherry Hill.
3. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
4. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
(a) Two stones.
(b) One stone.
(c) Three stones.
(d) One and 1/2 stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
2. What does Herriot's flying instructor say is "very good indeed, really masterly" about Herriot's first solo flight?
3. What animal that James treats has peritonitis?
4. How many hours of instruction does James have before he is sent up for his first solo flight?
5. Who tells James about Paul's suicide?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)