|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
(a) Two and a half hours.
(b) Three and a half hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Four hours.
2. Where is Paul Cotterell from?
(c) The west of England.
(d) The south of England.
3. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
4. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
(b) Number Seventy Eight.
(d) Number Eighty Seven.
5. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
(a) Larry Smith.
(b) Tim Oakes.
(c) Jim Oakley.
(d) Jerry Takley.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
2. What is Andrew's dog's name?
3. What kind of bullock does Herriot treat in Chapter 23?
4. What is the name of the man with the loudest voice James has ever heard?
5. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)