|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the auctioneer James sees in Drovers Arms?
(a) Geoffrey Wilder.
(b) George Wilks.
(c) Graham Windham.
(d) Gerald Wilkinson.
2. What animal that James treats has peritonitis?
(a) A bull.
(b) A pig.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A calf.
3. What physical problem does the bullock have?
(b) Heart worm.
(c) Liver fluke.
4. What does Herriot's flying instructor say is "very good indeed, really masterly" about Herriot's first solo flight?
(a) The fact that he found his way back after being lost.
(b) The smooth landing.
(c) His quick return to the flying field.
(d) The "side slip".
5. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
(a) One and 1/2 stones.
(b) Two stones.
(c) Three stones.
(d) One stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
2. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
3. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
4. What is the name of the vet who always gets James drunk?
5. What is Tubby Pinder enthusiastic about?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)