|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
2. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
(a) A while mare.
(b) A bay gelding.
(c) A grey filly.
(d) A black stallion.
3. Who prepares the food at the Winckfield flying school?
(a) Two grizzled old civilians who smoked pipes.
(b) Two of the wives of the RAF officers.
(c) Local women who wanted to serve their country.
(d) A retired chef and his assistant.
4. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
5. How much does Herriot's vet friend say he's going to charge him for the small operation performed on his dog, Sam?
(a) Ten guineas.
(b) Eight pence.
(c) Ten shillings.
(d) Ten pence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Paul Cotterell from?
2. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
3. What is the name of the wife of the vet who always get James drunk?
4. Who is Raymond?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)