|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
(a) A grey filly.
(b) A bay gelding.
(c) A while mare.
(d) A black stallion.
2. What kind of bullock does Herriot treat in Chapter 23?
(a) A Hereford Cross.
(b) A pure Jersey.
(c) A Gurnsey Cross.
(d) A pure Holstein.
3. What is the name of Herriot's Flight Commander?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
(a) Two stones.
(b) One stone.
(c) One and 1/2 stones.
(d) Three stones.
5. Which farmer who James visits to treat one of the animals has a very soft voice, almost a whisper?
(a) Elias Weatherly.
(b) Elwood Westley.
(c) Elijah Wentworth.
(d) Jeremiah Livingsworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot's flying instructor say is "very good indeed, really masterly" about Herriot's first solo flight?
2. Who prepares the food at the Winckfield flying school?
3. What is the name of the wife of the vet who always get James drunk?
4. What does Herriot consider his Bible during his early veterinarian practice?
5. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)