|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prepares the food at the Winckfield flying school?
(a) Local women who wanted to serve their country.
(b) Two of the wives of the RAF officers.
(c) A retired chef and his assistant.
(d) Two grizzled old civilians who smoked pipes.
2. What is the name of the man with the loudest voice James has ever heard?
(a) Larry Hampton.
(b) Len Hampson.
(c) Lewis Hempson.
(d) Lon Henfield.
3. What kind of bullock does Herriot treat in Chapter 23?
(a) A pure Holstein.
(b) A pure Jersey.
(c) A Hereford Cross.
(d) A Gurnsey Cross.
4. What is Paul Cotterell's dog's name?
5. What fatal disease does Paul's dog have?
(a) Liver cancer.
(b) Hodgkin's disease.
(c) Lung cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
2. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
3. What is the name of the wife of the vet who always get James drunk?
4. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
5. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)