|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
2. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
(a) Stylish considering it is a maturnity dress.
(b) Cheap-looking and ugly.
(c) Plain but attractive.
(d) Beautiful like his wife.
3. Who is Raymond?
(a) A college buddy of Tristan.
(b) A neighbor of the man James visits.
(c) A fellow vet in Darrowby.
(d) A dog James treats.
4. What is the name of the vet who always gets James drunk?
(a) Granville Bennett.
(b) Hubert Barnsford.
(c) Elwood Barrett.
(d) Dudley Bartlett.
5. What does Herriot's flying instructor say is "very good indeed, really masterly" about Herriot's first solo flight?
(a) The smooth landing.
(b) The "side slip".
(c) The fact that he found his way back after being lost.
(d) His quick return to the flying field.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells James about Paul's suicide?
2. What is Paul Cotterell's dog's name?
3. What color are Helen's eyes?
4. What physical problem does the bullock have?
5. Who cured Mr. Bailes' cow of her ailment?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)