|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
(a) Stylish considering it is a maturnity dress.
(b) Cheap-looking and ugly.
(c) Beautiful like his wife.
(d) Plain but attractive.
2. How far away by bus is Herriot from his pregnant wife?
(a) Three and a half hours.
(b) Two and a half hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Four hours.
3. What is Tubby Pinder enthusiastic about?
(b) Horse racing.
4. What does Herriot's flying instructor say is "very good indeed, really masterly" about Herriot's first solo flight?
(a) His quick return to the flying field.
(b) The "side slip".
(c) The fact that he found his way back after being lost.
(d) The smooth landing.
5. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Mr. Blackburn's cow have that makes her so weak and unable to give birth?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
3. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
4. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
5. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)