|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
(c) Number Eighty Seven.
(d) Number Seventy Eight.
2. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
3. What kind of bullock does Herriot treat in Chapter 23?
(a) A Hereford Cross.
(b) A Gurnsey Cross.
(c) A pure Jersey.
(d) A pure Holstein.
4. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
(a) Plain but attractive.
(b) Stylish considering it is a maturnity dress.
(c) Beautiful like his wife.
(d) Cheap-looking and ugly.
5. Where is Paul Cotterell from?
(a) The west of England.
(b) The south of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot consider his Bible during his early veterinarian practice?
2. How many hours of instruction does James have before he is sent up for his first solo flight?
3. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
4. How much does Herriot's vet friend say he's going to charge him for the small operation performed on his dog, Sam?
5. What is the nationality of the restaurant James and Helen are invited to go to in Newcastle?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)