|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Paul Cotterell's dog's name?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
(a) Three stones.
(b) One stone.
(c) Two stones.
(d) One and 1/2 stones.
3. Who tells James about Paul's suicide?
(a) Mr. Sedley.
(b) Mr. Songster.
(c) Mr. Sandler.
(d) Mr. Sangster.
4. What fatal disease does Paul's dog have?
(a) Liver cancer.
(c) Hodgkin's disease.
(d) Lung cancer.
5. What kind of horse is it that James has to treat for the racehorse trainer?
(a) A black stallion.
(b) A while mare.
(c) A bay gelding.
(d) A grey filly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the vet who always gets James drunk?
2. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
3. Who prepares the food at the Winckfield flying school?
4. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
5. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)