|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Herriot describe Helen's maternity dress?
(a) Stylish considering it is a maturnity dress.
(b) Cheap-looking and ugly.
(c) Plain but attractive.
(d) Beautiful like his wife.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 10 James discovers he has lost how many stones since joining the RAF?
(a) One and 1/2 stones.
(b) Two stones.
(c) Three stones.
(d) One stone.
3. What is the name of the dog that jumps out at Herriot without warning and scares him each time he comes on a call?
4. What is Andrew's dog's name?
5. What is the name of the wife of the vet who always get James drunk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is farmer Blackburn's cow who is calving called?
2. To what location are the RAF men marched every day for shooting practice?
3. What is the name of Mr. Bailes' cow with the peculiar digestive ailment?
4. Which farmer who James visits to treat one of the animals has a very soft voice, almost a whisper?
5. According to vets in Herriot's time what is the worst sign of all in bovines?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)