* James, a young veterinarian with a pregnant wife, joins the RAF and does a lot of marching in London.
* He is constantly reminiscing about his life back in Darrowby in the Yorkshire Dales of England.
* He remembers an incident when Mr. Dakin's old cow, Blossom, has become too old and Dodson comes to pick her up for the fatstock.
* She runs back to her stall and farmer Daking decides to let her stay out of nostalgia.
* Herriot remembers Lord Hulton, one of his clients, whose sow has a prolapsed uterus. He's alarmed because he hasn't had much success with this condition and has lost three pigs to it. However, he's able to stuff the uterus back in the sow and saves her.
* James fears dentists. Three dentists are mentioned: Mr. Grover, a gentle Darrowby dentist, Hector McDarroch , a frightening childhood dentist with primitive equipment and "the...
This section contains 1,901 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)