|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Walt Barnett?
2. What do the Kirby's do that Mr. Brown does not?
3. How did Mr. Kitson make the delivery that Herriot performs much more difficult?
4. How does Mr. Wiggin use more of Herriot's time than Herriot feels is necessary?
5. What condition is Helen is as Herriot plans to leave for the Air Force?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Herriot's work personality different from Ewan Ross's?
2. Describe the process that Herriot goes through to anesthetize Walt Bennet's horse. How does Siegfried participate?
3. After Herriot and Granville attend the lecture, why is it challenging to return home?
4. Why does Roland Partridge decide to postpone as long as possible the surgery that Herriot recommends fro his little dog Percy? What possible affect did this delay have?
5. When Herriot goes to the lecture with Granville Bennett, what do they miss and what do they arrive just in time for?
6. Why does Herriot become upset with Kitson when he goes to deliver some lambs for him?
7. Why was Herriot terrified after doing the tuberculin test on Mr. Dacre's bull?
8. Explain what upset Herriot when he goes to trim Mrs. Tompkin's budgie's beak. What does he do about it?
9. Explain why all the town dogs were attracted to Percy, the little dog with the tumor.
10. Explain why Gyp, the epileptic sheep dog barks for once in his life at the sheep dog trials.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about canine distemper.
Part 1. What is canine distemper? What is it similar to?
Part 2. Who is at risk for canine distemper? How is it transmitted?
Part 3. What are the symptoms and diagnosis procedure for canine distemper?
Part 4. What prevention and cure is available for canine distemper?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about sheep dogs and sheep dog trials.
Part 1. Explain the roles of livestock guardian dogs and herding dogs.
Part 2. What breeds have traditionally been used for each? Why are they appropriate.
Part 3. Explain the training involved in herding dogs and the competitions such as sheep dog trials that measure it.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about staggers.
Part 1. What is staggers? What else is it called and who is affected?
Part 2. What are the biological roles of magnesium in the body?
Part 3. What are the symptoms and diagnosis procedure for staggers?
Part 4. What are the steps to take for prevention and cure of staggers?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)