|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
2. How easy does Herriot find it to diagnose the second batch of Darby cattle?
3. After driving by the scene of the hauntings at night, what is Herriot surprised by when he returns to Skeldale house?
4. What do vets do for husk today?
5. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How good is Herriot at buying furniture at house sales for the apartment? Explain your answer.
2. Describe what happens with the dog and Rob Benson's sheep. What does the farmer believe has happened? What does Herriot find out when he is called out?
3. At the Darrowby show, what parameters does Herriot decide to use to judge the family pet competition? Why?
4. In chapter one, Herriot greatly appreciates a benefit of his wife and married life. What is it?
5. Explain Tristan's role in sightings of the monk.
6. Describe who Roy is and the state he is in when the inspector takes Herriot to him.
7. How does a cap play into the story of Mr. Crump and the Bamfords?
8. Describe the rapport that Herriot has with Helen's father when he goes out to the Grange for Sunday tea.
9. Describe Mr. Ingledew's singing.
10. Describe the process Herriot goes through to diagnose the second batch of cows at the Darby farm.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about epilepsy.
Part 1. What is epilepsy? What causes it and what does it look like?
Part 2. What are the historical interpretations and reactions to epilepsy?
Part 3. What management and cures are available for epilepsy?
Part 4. What is the appropriate response to a seizure?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about tetanus, also known as lockjaw.
Part 1. What is tetanus? How do people or animals get it? Who is most at risk and where is it most common?
Part 2. What are the symptoms and pathophysiology of tetanus?
Part 3. What prevention is available and what cures?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on sulphonamides.
Part 1. How and when were they discovered? By who?
Part 2. How do they work and what do they treat?
Part 3. What effect did the use of sulphonamides have? What did they pave the way for?
Part 4. What diseases or afflictions have most been controlled by sulphonamides and antibiotics?
This section contains 1,331 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)