|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Richard Carmondy on a call with Herriot?
(a) The farmer laughed at him.
(b) He lost his dignity when a dog bit him on his buttocks.
(c) He openly contradicted Herriot infront of a farmer.
(d) He quit and decided to go home.
2. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
(a) A Corn-cobb pipe.
(b) A mass of shredded newspaper.
(c) Mr. Kirby's summer drawers.
(d) A tin can.
3. What chance does Herriot take before euthanizing Penny?
(a) Doubling the dosage of the medicine.
(b) Taking her to the clinic to heal.
(c) Threatening to call the authorities.
(d) Sedating her heavily for several days to break the cycle.
4. What does Herriot do to remedy the situation about Peter, Mrs. Tompkin's budgie?
(a) He catches him with a towel.
(b) He has Mrs. Tompkin hold him.
(c) He tapes his beak shut.
(d) He runs to the store and buys another one just like him.
5. How does Mr. Wiggin use more of Herriot's time than Herriot feels is necessary?
(a) By making him walk to a barn far away.
(b) By cuddling each cow before allowing Herriot to inject them.
(c) By talking to him incessantly.
(d) By trying to lasso all the cows for an injection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Ross is upset and wants to leave the Thwaite farm when he hears what news?
2. How does Herriot feel about eating fat on meat?
3. What did Herriot like most about having students shadow him?
4. What has Gyp never done in his life?
5. What odd tools did Mr. Ross require to fix the animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Herriot goes to the lecture with Granville Bennett, what do they miss and what do they arrive just in time for?
2. Explain why Gyp, the epileptic sheep dog barks for once in his life at the sheep dog trials.
3. Why is Miss Dooley distressed about her little dog Cindy? What is the root of the problem?
4. Why does Roland Partridge decide to postpone as long as possible the surgery that Herriot recommends fro his little dog Percy? What possible affect did this delay have?
5. Explain why Herriot thought it might be a good idea to sedate Penny to cure her gastroenteritis, and where he got that idea.
6. How does Herriot's attitude about the English farmer change over the course of chapter twenty? Why does it change?
7. Mr. Bentley arrives at the surgery to ask Herriot to come out and see his cow the next day. What is he doing that is odd and why?
8. Explain why Mrs. Bond was displeased with Tristan.
9. Why was Herriot terrified after doing the tuberculin test on Mr. Dacre's bull?
10. What does Ted Buckle do to calm Herriot down and to get the bull back in his box?
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)