|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tristan able to get from the farmers that Herriot is not?
2. What is Herriot thinking of when he tries this last tactic to cure Penny?
(a) The Flaxton's little girl.
(b) A chemistry lesson from high school.
(c) Roy, the golden retriever.
(d) Mr. Kitson's ewe.
3. What do the Kirby's do that Mr. Brown does not?
(a) They wish Herriot a Merry Christmas.
(b) They apologize for getting him up early.
(c) They offer Herriot something to eat and drink.
(d) All of the above.
4. What does Herriot see Tristan manage to do?
(a) Not show any signs of pain while working with a broken wrist.
(b) Get invited to three different dinners in the same day.
(c) Get farmers to sneak bottles of whiskey into his car.
(d) Get a farmer to feed him tea while delivering a calf.
5. What does Walt Bennett do that angers Siegfried?
(a) Mistreat a horse.
(b) Ridicule him in front of other clients.
(c) Doubt his competence.
(d) Yell at him over the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the A.A man say to Herriot?
2. What has Mr. Kitson decided to do with the dying ewe in the corner?
3. Does Herriot ever employ the strategy he learned from watching Tristan?
4. How does Herriot consume the meal served to him by the Horners?
5. What is wrong with Bonzo, the first dog that Herriot sees for the Dimmocks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Gyp, the epileptic sheep dog barks for once in his life at the sheep dog trials.
2. Describe the Dimmock family.
3. When Herriot goes to the lecture with Granville Bennett, what do they miss and what do they arrive just in time for?
4. When Herriot is on a schedule and must return to the clinic, what is Herriot doing at Ted Buckle's, and what happens that makes him sure he'll be late?
5. What difficulty does Herriot have diagnosing Toby, the cocker spaniel that the Dimmocks bring him to see? How does he finally manage to discover what is wrong?
6. What does Ted Buckle do to calm Herriot down and to get the bull back in his box?
7. Why is Miss Dooley distressed about her little dog Cindy? What is the root of the problem?
8. How does Carmondy's "hands on" experience on cases go? Give examples of what happens.
9. Describe Tristan's behavior while delivering a calf.
10. How does Herriot feel after eating at the Horners? What lasting effect does it have on him?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)