|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mr. Partridge react to the mob of dogs?
(a) He cried when they wouldn't leave him alone.
(b) He treated them as his own.
(c) He beat them back with a stick.
(d) He yelled songs to drown out the howls.
2. Why was Roland Partridge considered an unlikely character in Darrowby?
(a) Although his background was farming he was an artist.
(b) He dressed unusually.
(c) He prefered cats to dogs,
(d) He refused to buy a house and lived off the land.
3. What does Miss Dooley, the owner of Cindy, the little pregnant dog, want from Herriot?
(a) A shot to make Cindy deliver her puppies.
(b) A health certificate for all the puppies.
(c) For Herriot to supervise the delivery.
(d) An abortion for Cindy.
4. What does Herriot think about the new byre that Frank Metcalf has built?
(a) It shows Frank's inexperience.
(b) It is a perfect reflection of all the local byres.
(c) It will never work.
(d) It is the future of dairy farming.
5. How many cats does Mrs. Bond keep?
(a) Only Boris.
(b) Three indoor cats and three outdoor cats.
(c) One indoor cat and five outdoor cats.
(d) Many many cats both indoors and out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Mr. Biggins reluctant to ask Herriot to look at his cow?
2. What is Gyp's response when he sees Sweep years later?
3. What holiday is Herriot about to celebrate in chapter twenty?
4. Why was the conversation with Mr. Fryer frustrating for Herriot?
5. Which of the following best characterizes Walt Barnett?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what upset Herriot when he goes to trim Mrs. Tompkin's budgie's beak. What does he do about it?
2. Why does Roland Partridge decide to postpone as long as possible the surgery that Herriot recommends fro his little dog Percy? What possible affect did this delay have?
3. After Herriot and Granville attend the lecture, why is it challenging to return home?
4. Describe Tristan's behavior while delivering a calf.
5. Why was Herriot terrified after doing the tuberculin test on Mr. Dacre's bull?
6. Explain the relationship between Marmaduke "Duke" Skelton and Ewan Ross.
7. What does Ted Buckle do to calm Herriot down and to get the bull back in his box?
8. Why is Miss Dooley distressed about her little dog Cindy? What is the root of the problem?
9. When Herriot is on a schedule and must return to the clinic, what is Herriot doing at Ted Buckle's, and what happens that makes him sure he'll be late?
10. When Herriot goes to the lecture with Granville Bennett, what do they miss and what do they arrive just in time for?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)