|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sam?
(a) The Fleming's bull.
(b) Helen's brother.
(c) Helen and Herriot's beagle.
(d) A large great dane that lives in the neighborhood.
2. What does Miss Dooley, the owner of Cindy, the little pregnant dog, want from Herriot?
(a) A shot to make Cindy deliver her puppies.
(b) An abortion for Cindy.
(c) A health certificate for all the puppies.
(d) For Herriot to supervise the delivery.
3. Which of the following best characterizes Walt Barnett?
(a) Rude and demanding.
(b) Professional and courteous.
(c) Quiet and unassuming.
(d) Pompous and demeaning.
4. What was wrong with Mr. Thwaite's cow?
(a) She had a broken leg.
(b) She delivered her uterus.
(c) She calf was stillborn.
(d) She had a severe copper deficiency .
5. How does Herriot feel about eating fat on meat?
(a) He craves it.
(b) He gets tired of it.
(c) He loathes it.
(d) He wishes Helen would cook with more fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen go with Herriot when he leaves the Daffodil Ball on his call?
2. How did Mr. Partridge react to the mob of dogs?
3. Why is Siegfried able to comply with Miss Dooley's request?
4. How does Herriot usually catch Mrs. Bond's cats?
5. What did Frank Metcalf do as a profession for most of his life?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)