|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Bonzo, the first dog that Herriot sees for the Dimmocks?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He was hit by a car.
(c) He was suffering from neglect.
(d) He had cancer.
2. Why is Herriot unable to comply with Miss Dooley's request?
(a) The puppies have not been born yet.
(b) Cindy is not close enough to delivery.
(c) The pregnancy is too far along.
(d) He does not have the time.
3. Why does Mr. Dacre's bull pin Herriot against the boards?
(a) Because Herriot poked him with a needle.
(b) His head was tied and he couldn't get to Herriot with his horns.
(c) He was happy to see him.
(d) To scratch and itch.
4. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
(a) None of the above.
(b) To not call him again at night unless it's an emergency.
(c) That Helen is his "young lady".
(d) He thanks her for getting him out of the Ball.
5. Why was Roland Partridge considered an unlikely character in Darrowby?
(a) He dressed unusually.
(b) He prefered cats to dogs,
(c) He refused to buy a house and lived off the land.
(d) Although his background was farming he was an artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chance does Herriot take before euthanizing Penny?
2. What does Herriot go to see Boris for?
3. What did Herriot like most about having students shadow him?
4. Why is Siegfried able to comply with Miss Dooley's request?
5. How does Herriot usually catch Mrs. Bond's cats?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)