|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Herriot tries to trim the beak of Mrs. Tompkin's budgie, Peter?
(a) Peter gets away and flies around the room.
(b) Peter dies as soon as he picks him up.
(c) The budgie bites him.
(d) None of the above.
2. What does Walt Bennett do that angers Siegfried?
(a) Mistreat a horse.
(b) Doubt his competence.
(c) Yell at him over the phone.
(d) Ridicule him in front of other clients.
3. Where was Percy's tumor?
(a) At the base of his tail.
(b) His mouth.
(c) His testicle.
(d) Above his left eye.
4. Why was Mr. Biggins reluctant to ask Herriot to look at his cow?
(a) He was worried the cow would have to be put down.
(b) He wasn't sure Herriot could be trusted with his prized cow.
(c) His cow did not like vets.
(d) He was afraid of a large bill.
5. Who did Herriot bring the animal to?
(a) Granville Bennett.
(b) Colonel Bosworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the disease have such serious ramifications for Frank?
2. What reason does Herriot believe is the true reason that Mr. Wilkin sold Sweep instead of Gyp?
3. What does Herriot see Tristan manage to do?
4. Why didn't Herriot refuse the refills of whiskey and food?
5. How was Richard Carmondy different from the other students?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Herriot and Granville attend the lecture, why is it challenging to return home?
2. In what way is Herriot's work personality different from Ewan Ross's?
3. Explain why Herriot thought it might be a good idea to sedate Penny to cure her gastroenteritis, and where he got that idea.
4. When does Herriot see Carmondy again? What happens?
5. What call do Herriot and Helen go on when they leave the Daffodil Ball? What happens there?
6. Describe the Dimmock family.
7. Describe the byre that Frank Metcalf builds for his cows. How is it different from most local byres?
8. Explain why Mrs. Bond was displeased with Tristan.
9. Explain what upset Herriot when he goes to trim Mrs. Tompkin's budgie's beak. What does he do about it?
10. What happens to Frank Metcalf and his new byre?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)