|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the disease have such serious ramifications for Frank?
(a) The locals already doubted his ability.
(b) It was caused by the byre he built.
(c) It kills the cattle.
(d) It causes the cows to abort and not produce milk.
2. What do the Kirby's do that Mr. Brown does not?
(a) They apologize for getting him up early.
(b) All of the above.
(c) They wish Herriot a Merry Christmas.
(d) They offer Herriot something to eat and drink.
3. Where was Percy's tumor?
(a) At the base of his tail.
(b) His testicle.
(c) His mouth.
(d) Above his left eye.
4. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
(a) None of the above.
(b) To not call him again at night unless it's an emergency.
(c) He thanks her for getting him out of the Ball.
(d) That Helen is his "young lady".
5. Why was the conversation with Mr. Fryer frustrating for Herriot?
(a) Mr. Fryer would not stop cursing while explaining what was wrong.
(b) Mr. Fryer's voice was high pitched and sometimes hard to understand.
(c) Mr. Fryer was constantly busy so Herriot couldn't get him to commit to a time.
(d) Mr. Fryer was consistently vague with his answers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot go to see Boris for?
2. Who owns the cocker spaniel that the Dimmocks bring to Herriot?
3. Why was Roland Partridge considered an unlikely character in Darrowby?
4. How does Herriot usually catch Mrs. Bond's cats?
5. What has Mr. Kitson decided to do with the dying ewe in the corner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Herriot become upset with Kitson when he goes to deliver some lambs for him?
2. In what way is Herriot's work personality different from Ewan Ross's?
3. Why does Roland Partridge decide to postpone as long as possible the surgery that Herriot recommends fro his little dog Percy? What possible affect did this delay have?
4. Describe the process that Herriot goes through to anesthetize Walt Bennet's horse. How does Siegfried participate?
5. How does Herriot feel after eating at the Horners? What lasting effect does it have on him?
6. Describe the Dimmock family.
7. When Herriot is on a schedule and must return to the clinic, what is Herriot doing at Ted Buckle's, and what happens that makes him sure he'll be late?
8. Explain what upset Herriot when he goes to trim Mrs. Tompkin's budgie's beak. What does he do about it?
9. Describe Tristan's behavior while delivering a calf.
10. What does Ted Buckle do to calm Herriot down and to get the bull back in his box?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)