|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot have to return on schedule from the afternoon calls for?
(a) To medicate a sick dog.
(b) Helen's doctors appointment.
(c) Dinner with the Hodgsons.
(d) The farewell party for Siegfried.
2. What does Herriot think is wrong with Toby, the cocker spaniel?
(a) Nothing, he's just a runt.
(b) Internal infection.
(c) He ate something bad.
3. What takes an inordinate amount of time with Miss Dunn's pig?
(a) They had to catch the pig.
(b) Miss Dunn has an injured hand and can not help.
(c) They had to coax it across the yard with treats.
(d) The procedure was more complex than expected.
4. Why didn't Herriot refuse the refills of whiskey and food?
(a) He knew it would be a long night.
(b) Granville would have taken it personally.
(c) He enjoyed the taste too much to refuse.
(d) He was too hungry to bother.
5. How many cats does Mrs. Bond keep?
(a) Three indoor cats and three outdoor cats.
(b) Many many cats both indoors and out.
(c) Only Boris.
(d) One indoor cat and five outdoor cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
2. How was Richard Carmondy different from the other students?
3. Who owns the cocker spaniel that the Dimmocks bring to Herriot?
4. What saves Herriot from being squashed by Mr. Dacre's bull?
5. What do the Horners feed Herriot for breakfast one morning when they call him out early?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Herriot terrified after doing the tuberculin test on Mr. Dacre's bull?
2. Explain why Mrs. Bond was displeased with Tristan.
3. Explain what upset Herriot when he goes to trim Mrs. Tompkin's budgie's beak. What does he do about it?
4. Why is Miss Dooley distressed about her little dog Cindy? What is the root of the problem?
5. What does Ted Buckle do to calm Herriot down and to get the bull back in his box?
6. Why does Herriot become upset with Kitson when he goes to deliver some lambs for him?
7. When Herriot goes to the lecture with Granville Bennett, what do they miss and what do they arrive just in time for?
8. Describe the Dimmock family.
9. Why is Herriot suddenly worried about money in chapter 41?
10. Explain why Gyp, the epileptic sheep dog barks for once in his life at the sheep dog trials.
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)