|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) They thought he was homeless.
(b) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
(c) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
(d) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
2. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
(a) Convince the inspector to let her keep him.
(b) Nurse Roy back to health.
(c) Agree to visit them daily for a couple weeks.
(d) Set a broken bone free of charge.
3. What was wrong with Harry Sumner's young bull?
(a) McLuskie's Disease
(b) He went blind.
(c) He had hairball in his fourth stomach.
4. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
(b) The mud.
(c) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(d) The extreme cold.
5. Which of the following could be used to describe Granville Bennett?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Larger than life.
(c) A local legend.
(d) Work hard play hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
2. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
3. What do vets do for husk today?
4. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
5. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the solution Herriot finds for Mr. Pickersgill and his cow.
2. How does a cap play into the story of Mr. Crump and the Bamfords?
3. Explain the incident and the outcome of the tumor on the cow at Mr. Kendall's. Why did Siegfried conceal what had happened and why did the others think it was funny?
4. Describe how the calving goes at the Bamfords.
5. Describe who Roy is and the state he is in when the inspector takes Herriot to him.
6. How good is Herriot at buying furniture at house sales for the apartment? Explain your answer.
7. Describe Granville Bennett.
8. Describe Herriot's visit to the Ingledew farm in chapter one.
9. Describe Mr. Ingledew's singing.
10. Describe the scholastic background of Mr. Pickersgill and how his education manifests itself at the time of the story in chapter five.
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)