|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Granville to work on Dinah?
(a) Almost all day.
(b) A couple hours.
(d) Almost an hour.
2. How was Badger's death significant to Harland Grange?
(a) He was the last work horse.
(b) He was their only prized show horse.
(c) He was the only stallion.
(d) He was every worker's favorite horse.
3. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
(a) They are chased by a dog.
(b) They drink contaminated water.
(c) They go hungry.
(d) They catch a virus.
4. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) Because he is mean and extremely large.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
(d) Because he is very smelly.
5. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
(b) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Jock takes racing very seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
2. After all the horses were gone from Harland Grange, what animal replaced them?
3. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
4. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
5. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Herriot and Granville attend the lecture, why is it challenging to return home?
2. Describe Tristan's behavior while delivering a calf.
3. Describe Granville Bennett.
4. Describe the process Herriot goes through to diagnose the second batch of cows at the Darby farm.
5. Why is Herriot suddenly worried about money in chapter 41?
6. Explain why all the town dogs were attracted to Percy, the little dog with the tumor.
7. What were the pills that Herriot gave Mr. Clark's sick calves? What effect did it have?
8. Explain the relationship between Marmaduke "Duke" Skelton and Ewan Ross.
9. What happens to Frank Metcalf and his new byre?
10. Describe the scholastic background of Mr. Pickersgill and how his education manifests itself at the time of the story in chapter five.
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)