|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dinah do after being treated by Granville?
(a) She never fully recovers.
(b) She dies three days later.
(c) She recovers quickly.
(d) She is hospitalized for over a week.
2. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
(a) Being careless and flippant.
(b) Not being punctual.
(c) Drinking on the job.
(d) Leaving instruments at farms after a field call.
3. What made Ben Ashby rethink getting a closer look at Harry Sumner's heifer?
(a) Herriot advised him not to.
(b) Ben has arthritus and couldn't make it over the fence.
(c) No one wanted to go with him into the pasture.
(d) Monty, Harry Sumner's bull.
4. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
(a) That Helen and Richard were to be married.
(b) That gossip and rumors are the best part of the show.
(c) About suspected corruption and cheating in the vegetable competitions.
(d) Someone defending him against the accusations.
5. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
(b) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(c) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
2. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
3. How was Badger's death significant to Harland Grange?
4. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
5. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Ingledew's singing.
2. Explain the solution Herriot finds for Mr. Pickersgill and his cow.
3. In chapter one, Herriot greatly appreciates a benefit of his wife and married life. What is it?
4. What is the Darrowby show that Herriot goes to officiate at?
5. Explain what happened when Herriot tried to draw blood from the fully mature Monty.
6. What is the relationship between veterinarians like Herriot and Siegried with Granville Bennett?
7. How good is Herriot at buying furniture at house sales for the apartment? Explain your answer.
8. Describe who Roy is and the state he is in when the inspector takes Herriot to him.
9. How does the day at the Darrowby show differ from the "pleasant day out" he expected it to be?
10. Describe Herriot's visit to the Ingledew farm in chapter one.
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)