|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) He fends for himself eating grass.
(b) The farmer feeds him.
(c) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
(d) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
2. What was wrong with Harry Sumner's young bull?
(a) He went blind.
(b) McLuskie's Disease
(c) He had hairball in his fourth stomach.
3. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
(a) The puppies are sold.
(b) He finds a short cut that makes him win.
(c) He stops chasing cars.
(d) He figures out he can outsmart the puppies.
4. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
(a) His mother is sickly and the farmer removed him.
(b) None of the above.
(c) She rejected him at birth.
(d) She died giving birth.
5. How does Dinah do after being treated by Granville?
(a) She recovers quickly.
(b) She is hospitalized for over a week.
(c) She never fully recovers.
(d) She dies three days later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
2. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
3. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
4. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
5. How easy does Herriot find it to diagnose the second batch of Darby cattle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the day at the Darrowby show differ from the "pleasant day out" he expected it to be?
2. What is the Darrowby show that Herriot goes to officiate at?
3. How good is Herriot at buying furniture at house sales for the apartment? Explain your answer.
4. What was the experience of the stomach operation on Monty like for Herriot? Why?
5. At the end of chapter thirteen, Herriot gives us a glimpse what the Darby household is like twenty years later. How are the Darbys doing twenty years later?
6. Explain what happened when Herriot tried to draw blood from the fully mature Monty.
7. Describe what happens with the dog and Rob Benson's sheep. What does the farmer believe has happened? What does Herriot find out when he is called out?
8. Describe Mr. Ingledew's singing.
9. Describe what happens when Herriot treats the cow at the Darrowby show. What is wrong with the cow? What happens to Herriot while he treats it?
10. Explain the solution Herriot finds for Mr. Pickersgill and his cow.
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)