|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
(b) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
(c) He is a very old dog.
(d) A stomach tumor.
2. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(b) A veterinary student.
3. How does Dinah do after being treated by Granville?
(a) She recovers quickly.
(b) She never fully recovers.
(c) She dies three days later.
(d) She is hospitalized for over a week.
4. After all the horses were gone from Harland Grange, what animal replaced them?
5. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
(b) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
(c) They thought he was homeless.
(d) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Herriot uneasy about taking a blood sample from Monty?
2. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
3. What interferes with the enjoyment of Herriot's purchase at home?
4. Who is Granville Bennett?
5. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Tristan's role in sightings of the monk.
2. How good is Herriot at buying furniture at house sales for the apartment? Explain your answer.
3. Describe what happens with the dog and Rob Benson's sheep. What does the farmer believe has happened? What does Herriot find out when he is called out?
4. What is the relationship between veterinarians like Herriot and Siegried with Granville Bennett?
5. Explain the incident and the outcome of the tumor on the cow at Mr. Kendall's. Why did Siegfried conceal what had happened and why did the others think it was funny?
6. Describe the scholastic background of Mr. Pickersgill and how his education manifests itself at the time of the story in chapter five.
7. Describe the process Herriot goes through to diagnose the second batch of cows at the Darby farm.
8. Describe who Roy is and the state he is in when the inspector takes Herriot to him.
9. Explain what happened when Herriot tried to draw blood from the fully mature Monty.
10. What procedure does Granville Bennett do on Dinah? How does it go? Why didn't Herriot want to do it?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)