|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
(a) He is called to the Bamfords for an emergency calving.
(b) He falls asleep in his car.
(c) To the Crump's neighbors called the Bamfords.
(d) Back to his house without finishing his rounds.
2. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
(a) He gets bitten, but completes the examination.
(b) He manages to examine Clancy with the help of three men.
(c) Not at all.
(d) He completes the examination without a problem.
3. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
(a) A twenty-four volume set of the the geography of the world.
(b) An old set of outdated medical tools.
(c) A large rug for the living room.
(d) A weaving loom.
4. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
(a) A horrible accident that had crippled the father, Billy.
(b) They had a huge family and a supported others that couldn't work.
(c) They weren't from the area and so didn't know the land well.
(d) The death of Billy Dalby, the father.
5. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
(b) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
(c) Nobody wants his help or advice.
(d) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
2. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
3. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
4. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
5. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Tristan's role in sightings of the monk.
2. Explain what happened when Herriot tried to draw blood from the fully mature Monty.
3. What does Herriot find so difficult and horrifying about treating the cows for husk at the Darby farm?
4. Describe how the calving goes at the Bamfords.
5. Describe what happens when Herriot treats the cow at the Darrowby show. What is wrong with the cow? What happens to Herriot while he treats it?
6. Describe what happens with the dog and Rob Benson's sheep. What does the farmer believe has happened? What does Herriot find out when he is called out?
7. Describe who Roy is and the state he is in when the inspector takes Herriot to him.
8. What was the experience of the stomach operation on Monty like for Herriot? Why?
9. Why did Cliff Tyreman have such fondness for Badger?
10. Describe the rapport that Herriot has with Helen's father when he goes out to the Grange for Sunday tea.
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)