|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(d) A veterinary student.
2. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
(a) Copper deficiency.
(b) He still does not know.
(d) A rare virus.
3. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
(a) A twenty-four volume set of the the geography of the world.
(b) A weaving loom.
(c) An old set of outdated medical tools.
(d) A large rug for the living room.
4. What would Cliff do after he fought with his wife?
(a) Go to the stables and spend the night with the horses.
(b) Throw himself into his work.
(c) Make her sleep outside.
(d) Disapear for a few days and return as if nothing had happened.
5. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
(a) An injection.
(b) Pump a vitamin syrup into their stomachs.
(c) Very little beyond worming them.
(d) An operation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
2. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
3. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
4. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
5. What was Herriot's opinion of horse work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the solution Herriot finds for Mr. Pickersgill and his cow.
2. Describe who Roy is and the state he is in when the inspector takes Herriot to him.
3. How does a cap play into the story of Mr. Crump and the Bamfords?
4. Describe the rapport that Herriot has with Helen's father when he goes out to the Grange for Sunday tea.
5. What procedure does Granville Bennett do on Dinah? How does it go? Why didn't Herriot want to do it?
6. Describe what happens when Herriot treats the cow at the Darrowby show. What is wrong with the cow? What happens to Herriot while he treats it?
7. What does Herriot find so difficult and horrifying about treating the cows for husk at the Darby farm?
8. How good is Herriot at buying furniture at house sales for the apartment? Explain your answer.
9. What is the Darrowby show that Herriot goes to officiate at?
10. Describe the scholastic background of Mr. Pickersgill and how his education manifests itself at the time of the story in chapter five.
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)