|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
(a) Very little beyond worming them.
(b) An injection.
(c) An operation.
(d) Pump a vitamin syrup into their stomachs.
2. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To teach puppies to run.
(b) To play with a pack of dogs.
(c) To chase cars.
(d) To sleep in the sunshine.
3. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
(a) She stops panicking so they can set her leg.
(b) She dies.
(c) She goes into convulsions.
(d) She relaxes, and few minutes later stands up.
4. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
(a) Helen leaving in a fancy car with Richard while he crank starts his.
(b) The goldfish in its bowl forgotten on a table.
(c) The usual officiator laughing over beer with all the farmers.
(d) The cow he treated at the beginning getting into a truck.
5. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
(a) They go hungry.
(b) They are chased by a dog.
(c) They catch a virus.
(d) They drink contaminated water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
2. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
3. Which of the following best describes Zoe, Granville's wife?
4. What does Herriot feel vets are regularly called to do?
5. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what upset Herriot when he goes to trim Mrs. Tompkin's budgie's beak. What does he do about it?
2. How does the day at the Darrowby show differ from the "pleasant day out" he expected it to be?
3. How did the shift from plow horses to tractors affect the veterinary education and practice?
4. Describe what Herriot does to Benjamin's leg on his last veterinary call before leaving for the Air Force. How does Herriot see this as an omen?
5. In chapter one, Herriot greatly appreciates a benefit of his wife and married life. What is it?
6. Explain why all the town dogs were attracted to Percy, the little dog with the tumor.
7. Explain why each of the vets battled with their conscience after seeing Clancy.
8. Why did Cliff Tyreman have such fondness for Badger?
9. Describe how the calving goes at the Bamfords.
10. When Herriot is on a schedule and must return to the clinic, what is Herriot doing at Ted Buckle's, and what happens that makes him sure he'll be late?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)