|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Parsely, clover, gooseberry, bettroot, and crabapple.
(c) Rhubarb, elderflower, blackberry, and parsnip,
(d) Dandelion, turnips, and cowslip.
2. What do vets do for husk today?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Administer antibiotics.
(c) The exact same process.
(d) There is a vaccine and a good therapeutic agent.
3. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
(b) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
(c) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
(d) They thought he was homeless.
4. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
(a) Helen leaving in a fancy car with Richard while he crank starts his.
(b) The usual officiator laughing over beer with all the farmers.
(c) The cow he treated at the beginning getting into a truck.
(d) The goldfish in its bowl forgotten on a table.
5. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
2. What made Ben Ashby rethink getting a closer look at Harry Sumner's heifer?
3. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
4. In the beginning of chapter 15, why is Siegfried especially touchy and cantankerous?
5. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scholastic background of Mr. Pickersgill and how his education manifests itself at the time of the story in chapter five.
2. Describe Granville Bennett.
3. Why did Cliff Tyreman have such fondness for Badger?
4. What procedure does Granville Bennett do on Dinah? How does it go? Why didn't Herriot want to do it?
5. At the end of chapter thirteen, Herriot gives us a glimpse what the Darby household is like twenty years later. How are the Darbys doing twenty years later?
6. Describe the rapport that Herriot has with Helen's father when he goes out to the Grange for Sunday tea.
7. What was the experience of the stomach operation on Monty like for Herriot? Why?
8. How good is Herriot at buying furniture at house sales for the apartment? Explain your answer.
9. Describe Herriot's visit to the Ingledew farm in chapter one.
10. Explain the incident and the outcome of the tumor on the cow at Mr. Kendall's. Why did Siegfried conceal what had happened and why did the others think it was funny?
This section contains 1,234 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)