|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gyp's response when he sees Sweep years later?
(a) He barks.
(b) He runs to help him work sheep in the dog trial.
(c) He runs madly in circles.
(d) He has an epileptic fit.
2. As Penny, the poodle with gastroenteritis, get worse and worse, what does Herriot suspect is keeping her from getting better?
(a) The vicious cycle of drinking and vomiting.
(b) Her owners feeding her too much.
(d) The medicines are old.
3. What is Herriot thinking of when he tries this last tactic to cure Penny?
(a) Roy, the golden retriever.
(b) A chemistry lesson from high school.
(c) The Flaxton's little girl.
(d) Mr. Kitson's ewe.
4. How did Mr. Kitson make the delivery that Herriot performs much more difficult?
(a) By talking loudly the entire time.
(b) None of the above.
(c) By asking Herriot to explain everything he does.
(d) By insisting they do it in a tiny dark stall.
5. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
(a) None of the above.
(b) To not call him again at night unless it's an emergency.
(c) That Helen is his "young lady".
(d) He thanks her for getting him out of the Ball.
6. How do Frank's cows get sick?
(a) The byre was unsanitary.
(b) From a new cow Frank bought at market.
(c) Nobody knows.
(d) The pasture was contaminated.
7. What does Herriot come to realize over time?
(a) Helen needed the time away from him.
(b) Siegfried did not owe him the money.
(c) Tristan is a good business partner.
(d) Helen was physically affected by the thought of his departure.
8. Despite his good lineage, why can't Gyp's owner breed Gyp?
(a) Because Gyp injured himself in a way that prevents him from being bred.
(b) Because he doesn't have Gyp's registration papers.
(c) Because Gyp has epilepsy.
(d) Because all his dogs are related to Gyp.
9. Who did Herriot bring the animal to?
(b) Granville Bennett.
(d) Colonel Bosworth.
10. What dampens Herriot's spirits when he is attending the Daffodil Ball?
(a) He gets called away to see a bull.
(b) Tristan is spending all his time with a girl and he's left all alone.
(c) The girl he is with is loud and rude.
(d) He sees Helen dancing with Richard Edmundson.
11. Mr. Ross is upset and wants to leave the Thwaite farm when he hears what news?
(a) The goat died on the operating table.
(b) Herriot has an urgent call and has to leave.
(c) Marmaduke is in the barn treating the cow.
(d) His wife has gone missing.
12. What did the A.A man say to Herriot?
(a) That his tired were to bald to drive.
(b) That the road they had driven the previous night was closed.
(c) That he would have to detour down more windy road.
(d) That driving in the snow would be too dangerous.
13. What do the Horners feed Herriot for breakfast one morning when they call him out early?
(a) Sausage made with some fat.
(b) An entire meal that has been cooked in bacon fat.
(c) An entire meal cooked without any fat.
(d) Two huge slabs of fat.
14. Why does Helen go with Herriot when he leaves the Daffodil Ball on his call?
(a) She needed a lift home.
(b) The call is her father's prize bull.
(c) Richard Edmundson was drunk and she wanted to leave.
(d) He asked her if she wanted to.
15. What is Tristan able to get from the farmers that Herriot is not?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Herriot and Helen go when they leave the Daffodil Ball?
2. What does Carmondy ask Herriot for?
3. How did Mr. Partridge react to the mob of dogs?
4. What does Herriot do to remedy the situation about Peter, Mrs. Tompkin's budgie?
5. How does Herriot feel about eating fat on meat?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)