|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Mr. Bentley acting strangely?
(a) He was dressed in his pajamas to call on the vet.
(b) He was crawling on his hands and knees.
(c) He was talking to Herriot through an imaginary telephone.
(d) He did not respond to Herriot until Herriot began yelling.
2. Where was Percy's tumor?
(a) At the base of his tail.
(b) Above his left eye.
(c) His testicle.
(d) His mouth.
3. Why was the conversation with Mr. Fryer frustrating for Herriot?
(a) Mr. Fryer would not stop cursing while explaining what was wrong.
(b) Mr. Fryer was consistently vague with his answers.
(c) Mr. Fryer was constantly busy so Herriot couldn't get him to commit to a time.
(d) Mr. Fryer's voice was high pitched and sometimes hard to understand.
4. What does Siegfried do to get even with Walt Bennett?
(a) Ridicules his horse to a group in a pub.
(b) He charges him ten pounds for a job that usually costs one or two.
(c) Lets his dog bite him.
(d) Turns him into the authorities for animal abuse.
5. How does Carmondy get dragged?
(a) He tries to catch a sheep.
(b) He falls of a horse.
(c) Holding onto a roped steer by himself.
(d) Holding onto the car when the brakes give out.
6. What has Gyp never done in his life?
(a) Chase cars.
(d) Work sheep.
7. What does Carmondy ask Herriot for?
(a) To stop quizzing him about diseases.
(b) A referral.
(d) Hands on experience.
8. What does Herriot have to return on schedule from the afternoon calls for?
(a) To medicate a sick dog.
(b) The farewell party for Siegfried.
(c) Dinner with the Hodgsons.
(d) Helen's doctors appointment.
9. Why was Roland Partridge considered an unlikely character in Darrowby?
(a) He refused to buy a house and lived off the land.
(b) He prefered cats to dogs,
(c) He dressed unusually.
(d) Although his background was farming he was an artist.
10. How does Mr. Wiggin use more of Herriot's time than Herriot feels is necessary?
(a) By trying to lasso all the cows for an injection.
(b) By making him walk to a barn far away.
(c) By cuddling each cow before allowing Herriot to inject them.
(d) By talking to him incessantly.
11. How did Mr. Kitson make the delivery that Herriot performs much more difficult?
(a) By talking loudly the entire time.
(b) By insisting they do it in a tiny dark stall.
(c) None of the above.
(d) By asking Herriot to explain everything he does.
12. Why is Siegfried able to comply with Miss Dooley's request?
(a) He is more accomodating that Herriot.
(b) He and Miss Dooley are good friends.
(c) He has more experience.
(d) He happens to be there at the right time.
13. Why was Mr. Biggins reluctant to ask Herriot to look at his cow?
(a) He wasn't sure Herriot could be trusted with his prized cow.
(b) His cow did not like vets.
(c) He was worried the cow would have to be put down.
(d) He was afraid of a large bill.
14. What takes an inordinate amount of time with Miss Dunn's pig?
(a) Miss Dunn has an injured hand and can not help.
(b) They had to coax it across the yard with treats.
(c) The procedure was more complex than expected.
(d) They had to catch the pig.
15. Where did Herriot agree to go before returning home?
(a) To Colonel Bosworth's home.
(b) The Club.
(c) To a meeting.
(d) To another surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves Herriot from being squashed by Mr. Dacre's bull?
2. Who is Marmaduke "Duke" Skelton?
3. What does Walt Bennett do that angers Siegfried?
4. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
5. What condition is Helen is as Herriot plans to leave for the Air Force?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)