|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the disease have such serious ramifications for Frank?
(a) It kills the cattle.
(b) It causes the cows to abort and not produce milk.
(c) It was caused by the byre he built.
(d) The locals already doubted his ability.
2. Where did Herriot agree to go before returning home?
(a) The Club.
(b) To another surgery.
(c) To Colonel Bosworth's home.
(d) To a meeting.
3. What happened to Richard Carmondy on a call with Herriot?
(a) He quit and decided to go home.
(b) The farmer laughed at him.
(c) He openly contradicted Herriot infront of a farmer.
(d) He lost his dignity when a dog bit him on his buttocks.
4. Does Herriot ever employ the strategy he learned from watching Tristan?
(a) Only when he desperately needs to.
(b) No, he doesn't have the courage.
(c) Whenever he feels he needs a challenge.
(d) All the time.
5. Why were dogs flocking to Mr. Partridge's house?
(a) They were going through his trash.
(b) They were attracted to Percy.
(c) They were attacking Percy.
(d) Mr. Partridge was feeding the strays.
6. How does Mr. Wiggin use more of Herriot's time than Herriot feels is necessary?
(a) By trying to lasso all the cows for an injection.
(b) By cuddling each cow before allowing Herriot to inject them.
(c) By making him walk to a barn far away.
(d) By talking to him incessantly.
7. What does Miss Dooley, the owner of Cindy, the little pregnant dog, want from Herriot?
(a) An abortion for Cindy.
(b) For Herriot to supervise the delivery.
(c) A shot to make Cindy deliver her puppies.
(d) A health certificate for all the puppies.
8. What does Herriot come to realize over time?
(a) Helen was physically affected by the thought of his departure.
(b) Tristan is a good business partner.
(c) Helen needed the time away from him.
(d) Siegfried did not owe him the money.
9. What does Herriot do to remedy the situation about Peter, Mrs. Tompkin's budgie?
(a) He has Mrs. Tompkin hold him.
(b) He runs to the store and buys another one just like him.
(c) He catches him with a towel.
(d) He tapes his beak shut.
10. What does Herriot see Tristan manage to do?
(a) Not show any signs of pain while working with a broken wrist.
(b) Get invited to three different dinners in the same day.
(c) Get a farmer to feed him tea while delivering a calf.
(d) Get farmers to sneak bottles of whiskey into his car.
11. How does Carmondy get dragged?
(a) Holding onto the car when the brakes give out.
(b) Holding onto a roped steer by himself.
(c) He falls of a horse.
(d) He tries to catch a sheep.
12. What does Walt Bennett do that angers Siegfried?
(a) Ridicule him in front of other clients.
(b) Yell at him over the phone.
(c) Mistreat a horse.
(d) Doubt his competence.
13. What state is Toby in when Herriot makes his diagnosis and takes him to Granville Bennett?
(b) Twice his original size.
(c) Raging fever.
(d) Skin and bones.
14. What condition is Helen is as Herriot plans to leave for the Air Force?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is absorbed with the work she has to do at Heston Grange.
(c) She is devastated at his departure.
(d) She is ill with pneumonia.
15. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
(a) The laughter of children.
(b) The sound of a choir singing,
(c) The barking of the neighbor's dog.
(d) The ringing of bells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marmaduke "Duke" Skelton?
2. What job do Herriot and Siegfried do for Walt Bennett?
3. What mistake does Herriot make each time he visits Miss Dooley?
4. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
5. How does Herriot usually catch Mrs. Bond's cats?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)