|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Frank's cows get sick?
(a) The pasture was contaminated.
(b) Nobody knows.
(c) The byre was unsanitary.
(d) From a new cow Frank bought at market.
2. Who did Herriot bring the animal to?
(a) Colonel Bosworth.
(b) Granville Bennett.
3. How does Mr. Wiggin use more of Herriot's time than Herriot feels is necessary?
(a) By talking to him incessantly.
(b) By making him walk to a barn far away.
(c) By trying to lasso all the cows for an injection.
(d) By cuddling each cow before allowing Herriot to inject them.
4. What job do Herriot and Siegfried do for Walt Bennett?
(a) Saving a colicing horse.
(b) Geld a colt.
(c) Remove a tumor from a horse's eye.
(d) Treat an abscess in an old workhorse.
5. What does Herriot think about the new byre that Frank Metcalf has built?
(a) It is a perfect reflection of all the local byres.
(b) It will never work.
(c) It is the future of dairy farming.
(d) It shows Frank's inexperience.
6. Despite his good lineage, why can't Gyp's owner breed Gyp?
(a) Because Gyp has epilepsy.
(b) Because Gyp injured himself in a way that prevents him from being bred.
(c) Because he doesn't have Gyp's registration papers.
(d) Because all his dogs are related to Gyp.
7. How was Mr. Bentley acting strangely?
(a) He was crawling on his hands and knees.
(b) He did not respond to Herriot until Herriot began yelling.
(c) He was dressed in his pajamas to call on the vet.
(d) He was talking to Herriot through an imaginary telephone.
8. Why is Herriot unable to comply with Miss Dooley's request?
(a) The puppies have not been born yet.
(b) Cindy is not close enough to delivery.
(c) The pregnancy is too far along.
(d) He does not have the time.
9. Why was Mr. Biggins reluctant to ask Herriot to look at his cow?
(a) He was worried the cow would have to be put down.
(b) His cow did not like vets.
(c) He was afraid of a large bill.
(d) He wasn't sure Herriot could be trusted with his prized cow.
10. Why did it take so long for Herriot and Granville to reach the bar?
(a) Their were tables and chairs in their way.
(b) The crowd was too large.
(c) Harriot kept trying to steer Granville away.
(d) Granville kept running into people he knew.
11. What is Tristan able to get from the farmers that Herriot is not?
12. Where was Percy's tumor?
(a) At the base of his tail.
(b) His mouth.
(c) Above his left eye.
(d) His testicle.
13. How did Mr. Partridge react to the mob of dogs?
(a) He beat them back with a stick.
(b) He yelled songs to drown out the howls.
(c) He treated them as his own.
(d) He cried when they wouldn't leave him alone.
14. What has Mr. Kitson decided to do with the dying ewe in the corner?
(a) Let her "take her chances" and see if she lives or dies.
(b) Call the knackerman.
(c) Butcher her that evening.
(d) Do everything he can to save her.
15. What does Herriot have to return on schedule from the afternoon calls for?
(a) The farewell party for Siegfried.
(b) Dinner with the Hodgsons.
(c) To medicate a sick dog.
(d) Helen's doctors appointment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Herriot refuse the refills of whiskey and food?
2. What chance does Herriot take before euthanizing Penny?
3. What does Siegfried do to get even with Walt Bennett?
4. How was Richard Carmondy different from the other students?
5. Where did Herriot agree to go before returning home?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)