|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Dooley, the owner of Cindy, the little pregnant dog, want from Herriot?
(a) For Herriot to supervise the delivery.
(b) An abortion for Cindy.
(c) A health certificate for all the puppies.
(d) A shot to make Cindy deliver her puppies.
2. Why didn't Herriot refuse the refills of whiskey and food?
(a) He was too hungry to bother.
(b) He enjoyed the taste too much to refuse.
(c) Granville would have taken it personally.
(d) He knew it would be a long night.
3. What did the A.A man say to Herriot?
(a) That he would have to detour down more windy road.
(b) That his tired were to bald to drive.
(c) That driving in the snow would be too dangerous.
(d) That the road they had driven the previous night was closed.
4. Why was Roland Partridge considered an unlikely character in Darrowby?
(a) Although his background was farming he was an artist.
(b) He dressed unusually.
(c) He prefered cats to dogs,
(d) He refused to buy a house and lived off the land.
5. How late is Herriot by the end of the afternoon?
(a) He has time to spare.
(b) Not at all - he makes it just on time.
(c) He is three hours late.
(d) He is under a half hour late.
6. Why does Mrs. Bond ask Herriot not to bring Tristan back?
(a) Boris took an instant disliking to him.
(b) Tristan got all the cats riled up chasing Boris.
(c) Tristan flirted with her daughter.
(d) Tristan was rude to her.
7. Who is Marmaduke "Duke" Skelton?
(a) An experienced old farmer.
(b) A local animal healer.
(c) Mr. Thwaite's cousin from the city.
(d) A retired veterinarian.
8. What does Herriot go to see Boris for?
(b) A broken leg.
(c) A bone stuck in his teeth.
9. Where was Percy's tumor?
(a) His testicle.
(b) His mouth.
(c) At the base of his tail.
(d) Above his left eye.
10. What do the Horners feed Herriot for breakfast one morning when they call him out early?
(a) An entire meal cooked without any fat.
(b) An entire meal that has been cooked in bacon fat.
(c) Sausage made with some fat.
(d) Two huge slabs of fat.
11. Where did Herriot agree to go before returning home?
(a) The Club.
(b) To Colonel Bosworth's home.
(c) To a meeting.
(d) To another surgery.
12. What does Herriot think about the new byre that Frank Metcalf has built?
(a) It will never work.
(b) It is a perfect reflection of all the local byres.
(c) It shows Frank's inexperience.
(d) It is the future of dairy farming.
13. Who did Herriot bring the animal to?
(a) Granville Bennett.
(b) Colonel Bosworth.
14. What does Carmondy ask Herriot for?
(a) Hands on experience.
(b) To stop quizzing him about diseases.
(d) A referral.
15. What condition is Helen is as Herriot plans to leave for the Air Force?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is ill with pneumonia.
(c) She is absorbed with the work she has to do at Heston Grange.
(d) She is devastated at his departure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Siegfried do to get even with Walt Bennett?
2. What odd tools did Mr. Ross require to fix the animal?
3. What has Mr. Kitson decided to do with the dying ewe in the corner?
4. Why is Herriot unable to comply with Miss Dooley's request?
5. What is Tristan able to get from the farmers that Herriot is not?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)