|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following could be used to describe Granville Bennett?
(a) A local legend.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Larger than life.
(d) Work hard play hard.
2. What made Ben Ashby rethink getting a closer look at Harry Sumner's heifer?
(a) Monty, Harry Sumner's bull.
(b) No one wanted to go with him into the pasture.
(c) Herriot advised him not to.
(d) Ben has arthritus and couldn't make it over the fence.
3. What would Cliff do after he fought with his wife?
(a) Make her sleep outside.
(b) Throw himself into his work.
(c) Disapear for a few days and return as if nothing had happened.
(d) Go to the stables and spend the night with the horses.
4. After driving by the scene of the hauntings at night, what is Herriot surprised by when he returns to Skeldale house?
(a) An unknown car parked in his spot in the garage.
(b) Another sighting of the ghost that night.
(c) Tristan dressed as a monk in his room.
(d) Tristan and Siegfried waiting up for him.
5. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
(a) She dies.
(b) She goes into convulsions.
(c) She stops panicking so they can set her leg.
(d) She relaxes, and few minutes later stands up.
6. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
(a) The third story of the Skeldale House.
(b) Onto Helen's family property.
(c) A small cottage on the edge of town.
(d) Into a flat next door to the clinic.
7. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
(b) They thought he was homeless.
(c) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
(d) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
8. Who is Richard Edmundson?
(a) All the above.
(b) The son of local famer and good friends of Helen's family.
(c) Another suitor to Helen.
(d) A wealthy young man.
9. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
(a) They drink contaminated water.
(b) They are chased by a dog.
(c) They catch a virus.
(d) They go hungry.
10. How easy does Herriot find it to diagnose the second batch of Darby cattle?
(a) He still does not know what was wrong with them.
(b) He knows almost immediately that it is going to be just as bad.
(c) It takes him a long time because he has to do several tests.
(d) He has no idea what is wrong the first two times he sees them.
11. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(a) Hot udder.
(c) Them masticks.
12. Why does Herriot get ill while waiting for Dinah with Granville?
(a) Granville gave him some tonic that made him ill.
(b) The farm they went to smelled horribly.
(c) He came down with a flu going around.
(d) He felt obliged to eat and drink what Granville served him.
13. How does Dinah do after being treated by Granville?
(a) She dies three days later.
(b) She never fully recovers.
(c) She recovers quickly.
(d) She is hospitalized for over a week.
14. What does Granville Bennett do for Herriot?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Agree to hand over a patient that needed to be hospitalized.
(c) Recommend him to a local farmer.
(d) Operate on an old spaniel in delicate condition.
15. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
(a) Awarding prizes to his clients.
(b) Giving first place to the squire's son.
(c) Taking bribes.
(d) Being biased against rabbits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
2. Which of the following best describes Zoe, Granville's wife?
3. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
4. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
5. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)