|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Mr. Clark's five calves when Herriot returns the next day?
(a) A little improvement all around.
(b) About the same.
(c) One is worse, the rest are better.
(d) So bad Mr. Clark has already called the knackerman.
2. What is wrong with Benjamin's leg on Herriot's last call before leaving for the Air Force?
(a) It was caught in a trap.
(b) It is broken.
(c) It is severley dislocated.
(d) It is swollen from a snake bite.
3. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
(a) Not being punctual.
(b) Drinking on the job.
(c) Leaving instruments at farms after a field call.
(d) Being careless and flippant.
4. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
(c) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(d) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
5. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
(a) A salve.
(b) Another vet.
(c) A shot.
(d) A long turn out in the pasture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot do to remedy the situation about Peter, Mrs. Tompkin's budgie?
2. Why didn't Herriot refuse the refills of whiskey and food?
3. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
4. Who is Timmy Butterworth?
5. In the beginning of chapter 15, why is Siegfried especially touchy and cantankerous?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)