|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Herriot's opinion of Carmondy at the end of their acquaintance?
(a) He thought he was intolerable.
(b) He thought he was comical.
(c) He was tired of his attitude.
(d) He liked him.
2. What is wrong with Benjamin's leg on Herriot's last call before leaving for the Air Force?
(a) It was caught in a trap.
(b) It is swollen from a snake bite.
(c) It is broken.
(d) It is severley dislocated.
3. What job do Herriot and Siegfried do for Walt Bennett?
(a) Saving a colicing horse.
(b) Remove a tumor from a horse's eye.
(c) Treat an abscess in an old workhorse.
(d) Geld a colt.
4. How does Mr. Wiggin use more of Herriot's time than Herriot feels is necessary?
(a) By trying to lasso all the cows for an injection.
(b) By making him walk to a barn far away.
(c) By cuddling each cow before allowing Herriot to inject them.
(d) By talking to him incessantly.
5. What reason does Herriot believe is the true reason that Mr. Wilkin sold Sweep instead of Gyp?
(a) Gyp was illegitimately bred.
(b) He became attached to Gyp.
(c) Mr. Wilkin knew Sweep was epileptic.
(d) Mr. Wilkin believed Gyp to be the better dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dinah do after being treated by Granville?
2. Who owns the cocker spaniel that the Dimmocks bring to Herriot?
3. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
4. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
5. Why does Mr. Dacre's bull pin Herriot against the boards?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)