|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot persuade Mr. Clark to let him try despite his doubts?
(a) Letting them in with other cows.
(b) Heat lamps.
(c) Heavy sedation.
(d) A new pill that was just released.
2. What characteristic caused Colonel Bosworth to treat his animals so well?
(a) His gentle nature.
(b) They were his wife's.
(c) He depended on them for his living.
(d) His fear of beasts.
3. Who is Marmaduke "Duke" Skelton?
(a) Mr. Thwaite's cousin from the city.
(b) An experienced old farmer.
(c) A local animal healer.
(d) A retired veterinarian.
4. Why do Herriot and Siegfried spend all night talking at the beginning of chapter 41?
(a) They have a lot of business they need to discuss.
(b) Siegfried is leaving for the Air Force the next day.
(c) Helen is staying at her parents.
(d) They haven't seen each other in weeks.
5. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
(a) A wad of cash.
(c) A new hoof knife.
(d) A jug of ale.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Mr. Clark's five calves when Herriot returns the next day?
2. Why was Herriot uneasy about taking a blood sample from Monty?
3. Does Herriot ever employ the strategy he learned from watching Tristan?
4. Why is Siegfried able to comply with Miss Dooley's request?
5. What do Granville and Herriot do while waiting for Dinah to wake up?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)