|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walt Bennett do that angers Siegfried?
(a) Yell at him over the phone.
(b) Ridicule him in front of other clients.
(c) Mistreat a horse.
(d) Doubt his competence.
2. How does Herriot consume the meal served to him by the Horners?
(a) He gobbles it down voraciously.
(b) He feeds much of it to the dog when the Horsners aren't looking.
(c) He smothers it in piccalilli so can't taste it.
(d) Slowly and appreciately.
3. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
(a) He gets bitten, but completes the examination.
(b) Not at all.
(c) He manages to examine Clancy with the help of three men.
(d) He completes the examination without a problem.
4. Why was the conversation with Mr. Fryer frustrating for Herriot?
(a) Mr. Fryer was consistently vague with his answers.
(b) Mr. Fryer was constantly busy so Herriot couldn't get him to commit to a time.
(c) Mr. Fryer's voice was high pitched and sometimes hard to understand.
(d) Mr. Fryer would not stop cursing while explaining what was wrong.
5. What does Herriot think about the new byre that Frank Metcalf has built?
(a) It shows Frank's inexperience.
(b) It will never work.
(c) It is a perfect reflection of all the local byres.
(d) It is the future of dairy farming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
2. Which of the following best characterizes Walt Barnett?
3. Why do Herriot and Siegfried spend all night talking at the beginning of chapter 41?
4. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
5. Why didn't Herriot refuse the refills of whiskey and food?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)