|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot know the mortality rate is of calves that have the "white scours" like Mr. Clark's five calves.
(a) It really depended on the care they received.
(b) Each one had about a fifty percent chance.
(c) Depressingly high.
2. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
(a) A pig and a horse.
(b) A cow and a dog.
(c) A cow and a pig.
(d) A dog and a pony.
3. In the beginning of chapter 15, why is Siegfried especially touchy and cantankerous?
(a) He has just been forced to give up smoking for health reasons.
(b) He was unsuccesful treating a dog the day before and it died.
(c) He and Tristan had been fighting about finances.
(d) He has a toothache.
4. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
(b) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
(c) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
(d) They thought he was homeless.
5. What did the A.A man say to Herriot?
(a) That his tired were to bald to drive.
(b) That driving in the snow would be too dangerous.
(c) That the road they had driven the previous night was closed.
(d) That he would have to detour down more windy road.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Herriot consume the meal served to him by the Horners?
2. What do vets do for husk today?
3. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
4. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
5. Who is Timmy Butterworth?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)