|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Granville to work on Dinah?
(a) Almost all day.
(b) Almost an hour.
(c) A couple hours.
2. What state is Toby in when Herriot makes his diagnosis and takes him to Granville Bennett?
(a) Raging fever.
(b) Twice his original size.
(c) Skin and bones.
3. How did Mr. Kitson make the delivery that Herriot performs much more difficult?
(a) By asking Herriot to explain everything he does.
(b) None of the above.
(c) By talking loudly the entire time.
(d) By insisting they do it in a tiny dark stall.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Herriot's opinion of Carmondy at the end of their acquaintance?
(a) He thought he was intolerable.
(b) He thought he was comical.
(c) He was tired of his attitude.
(d) He liked him.
5. Why was the conversation with Mr. Fryer frustrating for Herriot?
(a) Mr. Fryer's voice was high pitched and sometimes hard to understand.
(b) Mr. Fryer was constantly busy so Herriot couldn't get him to commit to a time.
(c) Mr. Fryer was consistently vague with his answers.
(d) Mr. Fryer would not stop cursing while explaining what was wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeff Mallock, the knackerman, say is wrong with the calves?
2. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
3. How late is Herriot by the end of the afternoon?
4. What characteristic caused Colonel Bosworth to treat his animals so well?
5. What has Gyp never done in his life?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)