|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is uncontrollable.
(b) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(c) The dog is of the wrong breed.
(d) The dog is not registered.
2. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
(a) With fondness and jocularity.
(b) With great empathy for the family's hardship.
(c) Like royalty.
3. What sort of place does Mr. Summergill and his sheepdog Benjamin live at?
(a) In an old abandoned barn.
(b) A townhouse.
(c) A very isolated distant farm.
(d) The caretakers home on a wealthy estate.
4. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
(b) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
(c) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
(d) None of the above.
5. How did Mr. Partridge react to the mob of dogs?
(a) He cried when they wouldn't leave him alone.
(b) He beat them back with a stick.
(c) He yelled songs to drown out the howls.
(d) He treated them as his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
2. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
3. What is Gyp's response when he sees Sweep years later?
4. How many cats does Mrs. Bond keep?
5. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)