|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Harry Sumner get Monty?
(a) Because something had been attacking his cows.
(b) Because he was for sale at the fair for almost nothing.
(c) Monty was given to him because he was mean.
(d) To improve his herd.
2. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
(a) A horrible accident that had crippled the father, Billy.
(b) They had a huge family and a supported others that couldn't work.
(c) They weren't from the area and so didn't know the land well.
(d) The death of Billy Dalby, the father.
3. What was wrong with Mr. Thwaite's cow?
(a) She calf was stillborn.
(b) She delivered her uterus.
(c) She had a severe copper deficiency .
(d) She had a broken leg.
4. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Figuring out how to set it up.
(c) Explaining to Helen what he had purchased.
(d) Transporting it to his car.
5. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
(a) Agree to visit them daily for a couple weeks.
(b) Set a broken bone free of charge.
(c) Convince the inspector to let her keep him.
(d) Nurse Roy back to health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dampens Herriot's spirits when he is attending the Daffodil Ball?
2. What does Herriot do to remedy the situation about Peter, Mrs. Tompkin's budgie?
3. Who is Granville Bennett?
4. Does Herriot ever employ the strategy he learned from watching Tristan?
5. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)