|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What odd tools did Mr. Ross require to fix the animal?
(a) Sugar, a bottle, and a pig stool.
(b) Carrots and the mother's milk.
(c) Ginger root and hot water.
(d) A step ladder and a ten foot rope.
2. Why do Herriot and Siegfried spend all night talking at the beginning of chapter 41?
(a) They have a lot of business they need to discuss.
(b) Siegfried is leaving for the Air Force the next day.
(c) They haven't seen each other in weeks.
(d) Helen is staying at her parents.
3. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
(a) A cow and a dog.
(b) A cow and a pig.
(c) A dog and a pony.
(d) A pig and a horse.
4. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(d) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
5. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
(c) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
(d) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mr. Kitson make the delivery that Herriot performs much more difficult?
2. What does Herriot think might have caused Kitson's dying ewe to recover?
3. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
4. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
5. What is wrong with Benjamin's leg on Herriot's last call before leaving for the Air Force?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)