|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) A broken leg.
(b) They have no idea.
(c) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
(d) She ate a poisonous plant.
2. What caused the eventual disappearance of the draught horse?
(a) The disapearance of family farms.
(b) The invention of the tractor.
(c) A mass outbreak of equine diseases.
(d) Their replacement with mules.
3. What odd tools did Mr. Ross require to fix the animal?
(a) A step ladder and a ten foot rope.
(b) Carrots and the mother's milk.
(c) Sugar, a bottle, and a pig stool.
(d) Ginger root and hot water.
4. Why is Siegfried able to comply with Miss Dooley's request?
(a) He is more accomodating that Herriot.
(b) He has more experience.
(c) He happens to be there at the right time.
(d) He and Miss Dooley are good friends.
5. How does Mr. Wiggin use more of Herriot's time than Herriot feels is necessary?
(a) By trying to lasso all the cows for an injection.
(b) By making him walk to a barn far away.
(c) By cuddling each cow before allowing Herriot to inject them.
(d) By talking to him incessantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were dogs flocking to Mr. Partridge's house?
2. Why is Herriot unable to comply with Miss Dooley's request?
3. What was wrong with Harry Sumner's young bull?
4. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
5. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)