|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gyp's response when he sees Sweep years later?
(a) He runs madly in circles.
(b) He runs to help him work sheep in the dog trial.
(c) He has an epileptic fit.
(d) He barks.
2. What does Herriot feel vets are regularly called to do?
(a) To influence farmers to treat their animals better.
(b) Answer general questions about animal husbandry.
(c) To keep a safe distance from any unruly animal.
(d) To step open-eyed into dangerous situations.
3. Which of the following could be used to describe Granville Bennett?
(a) Work hard play hard.
(b) Larger than life.
(c) A local legend.
(d) All of the above.
4. How many cats does Mrs. Bond keep?
(a) Three indoor cats and three outdoor cats.
(b) Many many cats both indoors and out.
(c) Only Boris.
(d) One indoor cat and five outdoor cats.
5. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
(a) She rejected him at birth.
(b) She died giving birth.
(c) None of the above.
(d) His mother is sickly and the farmer removed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do vets do for husk today?
2. What is Tristan able to get from the farmers that Herriot is not?
3. Who is Herriot with when they see the monk at night?
4. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
5. Which of the following best characterizes Walt Barnett?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)