|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
(c) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
(d) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
2. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(c) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
(d) Jock takes racing very seriously.
3. Who is Herriot with when they see the monk at night?
(b) Deputy Claude Blenkiron.
(c) Horace Dawson.
4. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
(a) Helen invited him to Sunday tea.
(b) A sick cow.
(c) He was following up on an animal Siegfried had treated.
(d) His car broke down nearby.
5. What does Herriot have to return on schedule from the afternoon calls for?
(a) The farewell party for Siegfried.
(b) Dinner with the Hodgsons.
(c) To medicate a sick dog.
(d) Helen's doctors appointment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Kirby's do that Mr. Brown does not?
2. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
3. What was wrong with Mr. Thwaite's cow?
4. Who is Richard Edmundson?
5. Who is Granville Bennett?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)