|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
(a) He is called to the Bamfords for an emergency calving.
(b) To the Crump's neighbors called the Bamfords.
(c) Back to his house without finishing his rounds.
(d) He falls asleep in his car.
2. Who is Herriot with when they see the monk at night?
(a) Horace Dawson.
(c) Deputy Claude Blenkiron.
3. What does Herriot think might have caused Kitson's dying ewe to recover?
(a) The antibiotics.
(b) The care and love she received.
(c) Relief from the pain and suffering.
(d) The lamb for her to take care of.
4. What made Ben Ashby rethink getting a closer look at Harry Sumner's heifer?
(a) Ben has arthritus and couldn't make it over the fence.
(b) No one wanted to go with him into the pasture.
(c) Monty, Harry Sumner's bull.
(d) Herriot advised him not to.
5. After driving by the scene of the hauntings at night, what is Herriot surprised by when he returns to Skeldale house?
(a) Tristan dressed as a monk in his room.
(b) An unknown car parked in his spot in the garage.
(c) Tristan and Siegfried waiting up for him.
(d) Another sighting of the ghost that night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Richard Carmondy on a call with Herriot?
2. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
3. How easy does Herriot find it to diagnose the second batch of Darby cattle?
4. What is wrong with Benjamin's leg on Herriot's last call before leaving for the Air Force?
5. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)