|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) A stomach tumor.
(b) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
(c) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
(d) He is a very old dog.
2. What does Herriot do to remedy the situation about Peter, Mrs. Tompkin's budgie?
(a) He catches him with a towel.
(b) He runs to the store and buys another one just like him.
(c) He tapes his beak shut.
(d) He has Mrs. Tompkin hold him.
3. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
4. What condition are the second group of young cows in that Herriot goes to see at the Dalby farm?
(a) Robust and energetic.
(b) Lethargic and feverish.
(c) Coughing uncontrallably.
(d) Clearly very sick and thin,
5. Who is Timmy Butterworth?
(a) A little terrier that Herriot makes vomit.
(b) The owner of a sick turtle.
(c) The boy next door to Skeldale house.
(d) A great dane that attacks Herriot every chance he gets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Ross is upset and wants to leave the Thwaite farm when he hears what news?
2. What happens when Herriot tries to trim the beak of Mrs. Tompkin's budgie, Peter?
3. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
4. What do Helen and Herriot need that he is designated to pick up at house sales?
5. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)