|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Ross is upset and wants to leave the Thwaite farm when he hears what news?
(a) Marmaduke is in the barn treating the cow.
(b) His wife has gone missing.
(c) Herriot has an urgent call and has to leave.
(d) The goat died on the operating table.
2. What reason does Herriot believe is the true reason that Mr. Wilkin sold Sweep instead of Gyp?
(a) Mr. Wilkin knew Sweep was epileptic.
(b) He became attached to Gyp.
(c) Gyp was illegitimately bred.
(d) Mr. Wilkin believed Gyp to be the better dog.
3. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is of the wrong breed.
(b) The dog is not registered.
(c) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(d) The dog is uncontrollable.
4. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
(a) A tabby cat.
(b) The mynah bird.
(c) The goldfish.
(d) The labrador.
5. How long does it take Granville to work on Dinah?
(b) Almost an hour.
(c) Almost all day.
(d) A couple hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Herriot's opinion of Carmondy at the end of their acquaintance?
2. Who is Richard Edmundson?
3. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
4. Why does Mrs. Bond ask Herriot not to bring Tristan back?
5. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)