|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(d) A veterinary student.
2. How does Dinah do after being treated by Granville?
(a) She dies three days later.
(b) She recovers quickly.
(c) She never fully recovers.
(d) She is hospitalized for over a week.
3. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
(a) He figures out he can outsmart the puppies.
(b) The puppies are sold.
(c) He stops chasing cars.
(d) He finds a short cut that makes him win.
4. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(b) The dog is uncontrollable.
(c) The dog is of the wrong breed.
(d) The dog is not registered.
5. Why was Mr. Biggins reluctant to ask Herriot to look at his cow?
(a) He was afraid of a large bill.
(b) His cow did not like vets.
(c) He wasn't sure Herriot could be trusted with his prized cow.
(d) He was worried the cow would have to be put down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Bonzo, the first dog that Herriot sees for the Dimmocks?
2. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
3. Where did Herriot agree to go before returning home?
4. What has Gyp never done in his life?
5. In the beginning of chapter 15, why is Siegfried especially touchy and cantankerous?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)