|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
(a) Parsely, clover, gooseberry, bettroot, and crabapple.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Dandelion, turnips, and cowslip.
(d) Rhubarb, elderflower, blackberry, and parsnip,
2. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
(b) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
(c) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
(d) They thought he was homeless.
3. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
(a) Transporting it to his car.
(b) Figuring out how to set it up.
(c) Explaining to Helen what he had purchased.
(d) None of the above.
4. How many cats does Mrs. Bond keep?
(a) Many many cats both indoors and out.
(b) Only Boris.
(c) One indoor cat and five outdoor cats.
(d) Three indoor cats and three outdoor cats.
5. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) The farmer feeds him.
(b) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
(c) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
(d) He fends for himself eating grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
2. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
3. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
4. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
5. What chance does Herriot take before euthanizing Penny?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)