|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job do Herriot and Siegfried do for Walt Bennett?
(a) Remove a tumor from a horse's eye.
(b) Treat an abscess in an old workhorse.
(c) Saving a colicing horse.
(d) Geld a colt.
2. What does Herriot feel vets are regularly called to do?
(a) To keep a safe distance from any unruly animal.
(b) To influence farmers to treat their animals better.
(c) Answer general questions about animal husbandry.
(d) To step open-eyed into dangerous situations.
3. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) She ate a poisonous plant.
(b) They have no idea.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
4. What is Tristan able to get from the farmers that Herriot is not?
5. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
(a) Parsely, clover, gooseberry, bettroot, and crabapple.
(b) Rhubarb, elderflower, blackberry, and parsnip,
(c) All of the above.
(d) Dandelion, turnips, and cowslip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Harry Sumner get Monty?
2. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
3. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
4. How was Badger's death significant to Harland Grange?
5. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)