|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
(a) All of the above.
(b) An old gypsy.
(c) A nosy old lady.
(d) A woman who fancies herself an animal doctor.
2. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
(a) An operation.
(b) Very little beyond worming them.
(c) Pump a vitamin syrup into their stomachs.
(d) An injection.
3. In the beginning of chapter 15, why is Siegfried especially touchy and cantankerous?
(a) He was unsuccesful treating a dog the day before and it died.
(b) He and Tristan had been fighting about finances.
(c) He has a toothache.
(d) He has just been forced to give up smoking for health reasons.
4. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
(a) An old horse.
(b) A patient, starving, yellow dog.
(c) All of the above.
(d) The bones of many cats.
5. How many cats does Mrs. Bond keep?
(a) Many many cats both indoors and out.
(b) One indoor cat and five outdoor cats.
(c) Three indoor cats and three outdoor cats.
(d) Only Boris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
2. What would Cliff do after he fought with his wife?
3. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
4. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
5. Who is Richard Edmundson?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)