|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
(a) An old horse.
(b) The bones of many cats.
(c) A patient, starving, yellow dog.
(d) All of the above.
2. How does Herriot usually catch Mrs. Bond's cats?
(a) Luring them in with tuna.
(b) Patiently calling them and coaxing them.
(c) With a humane trap.
(d) Waiting next to the cat door and grabbing them when they come through.
3. Who is Herriot with when they see the monk at night?
(b) Deputy Claude Blenkiron.
(d) Horace Dawson.
4. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
(a) Drinking on the job.
(b) Not being punctual.
(c) Leaving instruments at farms after a field call.
(d) Being careless and flippant.
5. Who did Herriot bring the animal to?
(b) Colonel Bosworth.
(d) Granville Bennett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
2. What has Mr. Kitson decided to do with the dying ewe in the corner?
3. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
4. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
5. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)