|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
(a) The farmer's hearty welcome and thanks.
(b) A taste of Mrs Ingledew's pie.
(c) The birth of a new lamb.
(d) The sight of a cow he saved the year before.
2. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
3. What is Herriot thinking of when he tries this last tactic to cure Penny?
(a) A chemistry lesson from high school.
(b) Roy, the golden retriever.
(c) Mr. Kitson's ewe.
(d) The Flaxton's little girl.
4. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
(b) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
5. What condition are the second group of young cows in that Herriot goes to see at the Dalby farm?
(a) Clearly very sick and thin,
(b) Robust and energetic.
(c) Lethargic and feverish.
(d) Coughing uncontrallably.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
2. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
3. What does Herriot think might have caused Kitson's dying ewe to recover?
4. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
5. How does Dinah do after being treated by Granville?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)