|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After driving by the scene of the hauntings at night, what is Herriot surprised by when he returns to Skeldale house?
(a) Tristan and Siegfried waiting up for him.
(b) An unknown car parked in his spot in the garage.
(c) Another sighting of the ghost that night.
(d) Tristan dressed as a monk in his room.
2. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
(a) He owed a favor to the town councilman.
(b) He was the only vet on the grounds.
(c) The usual officiator fell ill that day.
(d) Siegfried is out of town that day.
3. What is wrong with Bonzo, the first dog that Herriot sees for the Dimmocks?
(a) He had cancer.
(b) He was poisoned.
(c) He was hit by a car.
(d) He was suffering from neglect.
4. Who is Sam?
(a) A large great dane that lives in the neighborhood.
(b) Helen's brother.
(c) The Fleming's bull.
(d) Helen and Herriot's beagle.
5. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(b) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
(c) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot think is wrong with Toby, the cocker spaniel?
2. What do Helen and Herriot need that he is designated to pick up at house sales?
3. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
4. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
5. How was Badger's death significant to Harland Grange?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)