|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
2. What has Mr. Kitson decided to do with the dying ewe in the corner?
(a) Butcher her that evening.
(b) Let her "take her chances" and see if she lives or dies.
(c) Call the knackerman.
(d) Do everything he can to save her.
3. Why is Siegfried able to comply with Miss Dooley's request?
(a) He has more experience.
(b) He happens to be there at the right time.
(c) He and Miss Dooley are good friends.
(d) He is more accomodating that Herriot.
4. Why was Roland Partridge considered an unlikely character in Darrowby?
(a) He dressed unusually.
(b) He prefered cats to dogs,
(c) He refused to buy a house and lived off the land.
(d) Although his background was farming he was an artist.
5. Where did Herriot agree to go before returning home?
(a) The Club.
(b) To another surgery.
(c) To Colonel Bosworth's home.
(d) To a meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jock's favorite thing?
2. What does Granville Bennett do for Herriot?
3. What happened to Richard Carmondy on a call with Herriot?
4. What do vets do for husk today?
5. How was Mr. Bentley acting strangely?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)