|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Herriot believe is the true reason that Mr. Wilkin sold Sweep instead of Gyp?
(a) Mr. Wilkin knew Sweep was epileptic.
(b) Gyp was illegitimately bred.
(c) He became attached to Gyp.
(d) Mr. Wilkin believed Gyp to be the better dog.
2. Which of the following best describes Zoe, Granville's wife?
(a) A quiet and subdued domestic wife.
(b) A bitter and sarcastic older woman.
(c) A radiant and independent beauty.
(d) A warm and welcoming home matron.
3. How does Carmondy get dragged?
(a) He falls of a horse.
(b) Holding onto a roped steer by himself.
(c) He tries to catch a sheep.
(d) Holding onto the car when the brakes give out.
4. Who is Sam?
(a) A large great dane that lives in the neighborhood.
(b) The Fleming's bull.
(c) Helen and Herriot's beagle.
(d) Helen's brother.
5. After all the horses were gone from Harland Grange, what animal replaced them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot think might have caused Kitson's dying ewe to recover?
2. What was wrong with Mr. Thwaite's cow?
3. Who is Herriot with when they see the monk at night?
4. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
5. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)