|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Badger's death significant to Harland Grange?
(a) He was the only stallion.
(b) He was every worker's favorite horse.
(c) He was their only prized show horse.
(d) He was the last work horse.
2. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
(c) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
(d) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
3. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
(a) Copper deficiency.
(b) He still does not know.
(c) A rare virus.
4. What was wrong with Harry Sumner's young bull?
(a) He had hairball in his fourth stomach.
(b) He went blind.
(d) McLuskie's Disease
5. What was wrong with Mr. Thwaite's cow?
(a) She had a broken leg.
(b) She calf was stillborn.
(c) She delivered her uterus.
(d) She had a severe copper deficiency .
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Percy's tumor?
2. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
3. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
4. What does Miss Dooley, the owner of Cindy, the little pregnant dog, want from Herriot?
5. What reason does Herriot believe is the true reason that Mr. Wilkin sold Sweep instead of Gyp?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)