|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Colonel Bosworth's reason for seeing Herriot?
(a) His rabbit, Duchess was attacked by dogs.
(b) His terrior, Emmit was not eating.
(c) His cat, Maudie was struck by a car.
(d) His collie, Sam was injured in a fight.
2. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
(a) That Helen and Richard were to be married.
(b) That gossip and rumors are the best part of the show.
(c) Someone defending him against the accusations.
(d) About suspected corruption and cheating in the vegetable competitions.
3. What did Herriot like most about having students shadow him?
(a) Being amused by their lack of experience.
(b) Quizzing them on veterinary knowledge.
(c) He enjoyed having someone to give the dirtier jobs to,
(d) He liked asking them about new advances in animal medicine.
4. What condition are the second group of young cows in that Herriot goes to see at the Dalby farm?
(a) Clearly very sick and thin,
(b) Coughing uncontrallably.
(c) Robust and energetic.
(d) Lethargic and feverish.
5. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
(a) The odor in the barn.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill's back.
(d) The cow's dull coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
2. After driving by the scene of the hauntings at night, what is Herriot surprised by when he returns to Skeldale house?
3. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
4. What was Herriot's opinion of horse work?
5. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)