|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
(a) Joe has an extremely thick accent.
(b) Joe is nearly deaf.
(c) Joe always argues.
(d) Joe never pays attention and does what he thinks is best.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Herriot's opinion of Carmondy at the end of their acquaintance?
(a) He liked him.
(b) He was tired of his attitude.
(c) He thought he was intolerable.
(d) He thought he was comical.
3. Why did Herriot stop halfway through the lethal injection?
(a) The animal had already died.
(b) He was startled by Colonel Bosworth's objections.
(c) He decided to sedate the animal and try to repair it.
(d) He realized he had grabbed the wrong syringe.
4. Why did it take so long for Herriot and Granville to reach the bar?
(a) Their were tables and chairs in their way.
(b) The crowd was too large.
(c) Granville kept running into people he knew.
(d) Harriot kept trying to steer Granville away.
5. How long does it take Granville to work on Dinah?
(a) Almost an hour.
(b) A couple hours.
(d) Almost all day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
2. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
3. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
4. Where did Herriot agree to go before returning home?
5. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)