|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marmaduke "Duke" Skelton?
(a) A local animal healer.
(b) An experienced old farmer.
(c) A retired veterinarian.
(d) Mr. Thwaite's cousin from the city.
2. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) Because he is mean and extremely large.
(b) Because he is very smelly.
(c) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
(d) None of the above.
3. Which of the following best describes Zoe, Granville's wife?
(a) A bitter and sarcastic older woman.
(b) A quiet and subdued domestic wife.
(c) A warm and welcoming home matron.
(d) A radiant and independent beauty.
4. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To chase cars.
(b) To sleep in the sunshine.
(c) To play with a pack of dogs.
(d) To teach puppies to run.
5. What do Helen and Herriot need that he is designated to pick up at house sales?
(b) Basics for the house like chairs and rugs.
(c) Decor for the walls.
(d) Antiques to give as gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
2. Why was Herriot uneasy about taking a blood sample from Monty?
3. What does Herriot do to remedy the situation about Peter, Mrs. Tompkin's budgie?
4. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
5. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)