|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After all the horses were gone from Harland Grange, what animal replaced them?
2. Where did Herriot agree to go before returning home?
(a) The Club.
(b) To Colonel Bosworth's home.
(c) To another surgery.
(d) To a meeting.
3. What does Miss Dooley, the owner of Cindy, the little pregnant dog, want from Herriot?
(a) A health certificate for all the puppies.
(b) An abortion for Cindy.
(c) For Herriot to supervise the delivery.
(d) A shot to make Cindy deliver her puppies.
4. Why does Mr. Dacre's bull pin Herriot against the boards?
(a) He was happy to see him.
(b) Because Herriot poked him with a needle.
(c) To scratch and itch.
(d) His head was tied and he couldn't get to Herriot with his horns.
5. What characteristic caused Colonel Bosworth to treat his animals so well?
(a) His gentle nature.
(b) They were his wife's.
(c) He depended on them for his living.
(d) His fear of beasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
2. Why did Harry Sumner get Monty?
3. Why was Herriot uneasy about taking a blood sample from Monty?
4. Why is Herriot unable to comply with Miss Dooley's request?
5. What reason does Herriot believe is the true reason that Mr. Wilkin sold Sweep instead of Gyp?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)