|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were dogs flocking to Mr. Partridge's house?
(a) Mr. Partridge was feeding the strays.
(b) They were attacking Percy.
(c) They were attracted to Percy.
(d) They were going through his trash.
2. Why does Mr. Dacre's bull pin Herriot against the boards?
(a) His head was tied and he couldn't get to Herriot with his horns.
(b) Because Herriot poked him with a needle.
(c) To scratch and itch.
(d) He was happy to see him.
3. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
(a) An old horse.
(b) A patient, starving, yellow dog.
(c) The bones of many cats.
(d) All of the above.
4. What did the A.A man say to Herriot?
(a) That the road they had driven the previous night was closed.
(b) That his tired were to bald to drive.
(c) That driving in the snow would be too dangerous.
(d) That he would have to detour down more windy road.
5. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
(a) A large rug for the living room.
(b) A weaving loom.
(c) A twenty-four volume set of the the geography of the world.
(d) An old set of outdated medical tools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
2. Why was Mr. Biggins reluctant to ask Herriot to look at his cow?
3. What happens when Herriot tries to trim the beak of Mrs. Tompkin's budgie, Peter?
4. What was wrong with Mr. Thwaite's cow?
5. What condition are the second group of young cows in that Herriot goes to see at the Dalby farm?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)