|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Roland Partridge considered an unlikely character in Darrowby?
(a) Although his background was farming he was an artist.
(b) He prefered cats to dogs,
(c) He dressed unusually.
(d) He refused to buy a house and lived off the land.
2. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To play with a pack of dogs.
(b) To teach puppies to run.
(c) To chase cars.
(d) To sleep in the sunshine.
3. What is wrong with Bonzo, the first dog that Herriot sees for the Dimmocks?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He was suffering from neglect.
(c) He was hit by a car.
(d) He had cancer.
4. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
(a) Siegfried is out of town that day.
(b) The usual officiator fell ill that day.
(c) He owed a favor to the town councilman.
(d) He was the only vet on the grounds.
5. What does Herriot think might have caused Kitson's dying ewe to recover?
(a) Relief from the pain and suffering.
(b) The care and love she received.
(c) The antibiotics.
(d) The lamb for her to take care of.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do people report seeing the monk at night?
2. What was wrong with Mr. Thwaite's cow?
3. How many cats does Mrs. Bond keep?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Herriot's opinion of Carmondy at the end of their acquaintance?
5. Why does Herriot get ill while waiting for Dinah with Granville?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)