|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mr. Partridge react to the mob of dogs?
(a) He treated them as his own.
(b) He yelled songs to drown out the howls.
(c) He beat them back with a stick.
(d) He cried when they wouldn't leave him alone.
2. How was Richard Carmondy different from the other students?
(a) He did not seem at all interested in veterinary science,
(b) He was lazy and unappreciative of the favor Herriot was doing for him.
(c) He was not afraid to do the jobs that even Herriot cringed from doing.
(d) He had an air of superiority.
3. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) The mud.
(b) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
(c) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(d) The extreme cold.
4. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
(b) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
(c) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
(d) They thought he was homeless.
5. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
(a) Nurse Roy back to health.
(b) Agree to visit them daily for a couple weeks.
(c) Set a broken bone free of charge.
(d) Convince the inspector to let her keep him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Herriot usually catch Mrs. Bond's cats?
2. Where do Herriot and Helen go when they leave the Daffodil Ball?
3. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
4. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
5. Why did it take so long for Herriot and Granville to reach the bar?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)