|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
2. What do Helen and Herriot need that he is designated to pick up at house sales?
(a) Basics for the house like chairs and rugs.
(c) Decor for the walls.
(d) Antiques to give as gifts.
3. Why does Mrs. Bond ask Herriot not to bring Tristan back?
(a) Tristan flirted with her daughter.
(b) Tristan was rude to her.
(c) Tristan got all the cats riled up chasing Boris.
(d) Boris took an instant disliking to him.
4. What does Herriot think might have caused Kitson's dying ewe to recover?
(a) The care and love she received.
(b) The lamb for her to take care of.
(c) The antibiotics.
(d) Relief from the pain and suffering.
5. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
(b) He is a very old dog.
(c) A stomach tumor.
(d) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
2. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
3. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
4. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
5. What happened to Badger?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)