|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Herriot refuse the refills of whiskey and food?
(a) He knew it would be a long night.
(b) Granville would have taken it personally.
(c) He was too hungry to bother.
(d) He enjoyed the taste too much to refuse.
2. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Because he is mean and extremely large.
(c) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
(d) Because he is very smelly.
3. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
(a) The usual officiator fell ill that day.
(b) He owed a favor to the town councilman.
(c) He was the only vet on the grounds.
(d) Siegfried is out of town that day.
4. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
(a) She died giving birth.
(b) None of the above.
(c) She rejected him at birth.
(d) His mother is sickly and the farmer removed him.
5. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
(b) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
(c) Nobody wants his help or advice.
(d) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot think might have caused Kitson's dying ewe to recover?
2. How does Carmondy get dragged?
3. How does Dinah do after being treated by Granville?
4. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
5. Why does Mrs. Bond ask Herriot not to bring Tristan back?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)