|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Roland Partridge considered an unlikely character in Darrowby?
(a) Although his background was farming he was an artist.
(b) He refused to buy a house and lived off the land.
(c) He dressed unusually.
(d) He prefered cats to dogs,
2. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
(a) A stethoscope Siegfried left there.
(b) A jug of ale to share when the job was done.
(c) Fake money.
3. Where did Herriot agree to go before returning home?
(a) The Club.
(b) To another surgery.
(c) To Colonel Bosworth's home.
(d) To a meeting.
4. After all the horses were gone from Harland Grange, what animal replaced them?
5. What does Herriot feel vets are regularly called to do?
(a) To step open-eyed into dangerous situations.
(b) To influence farmers to treat their animals better.
(c) Answer general questions about animal husbandry.
(d) To keep a safe distance from any unruly animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
2. What is husk, the first ailment that afflicted the Darby cattle?
3. Why did Harry Sumner get Monty?
4. After driving by the scene of the hauntings at night, what is Herriot surprised by when he returns to Skeldale house?
5. What does Granville Bennett do for Herriot?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)