|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the eventual disappearance of the draught horse?
(a) The invention of the tractor.
(b) Their replacement with mules.
(c) A mass outbreak of equine diseases.
(d) The disapearance of family farms.
2. What holiday is Herriot about to celebrate in chapter twenty?
(a) New Years.
(b) All Saint's Day.
3. What did the A.A man say to Herriot?
(a) That driving in the snow would be too dangerous.
(b) That he would have to detour down more windy road.
(c) That his tired were to bald to drive.
(d) That the road they had driven the previous night was closed.
4. How easy does Herriot find it to diagnose the second batch of Darby cattle?
(a) He still does not know what was wrong with them.
(b) It takes him a long time because he has to do several tests.
(c) He has no idea what is wrong the first two times he sees them.
(d) He knows almost immediately that it is going to be just as bad.
5. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
(a) The odor in the barn.
(b) The cow's dull coat.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill's back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Zoe, Granville's wife?
2. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
3. What odd tools did Mr. Ross require to fix the animal?
4. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
5. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)