|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Herriot uneasy about taking a blood sample from Monty?
(a) Harry Sumner had no way to hold the bull still.
(b) Herriot hated drawing blood.
(c) The bull had grown and turned mean.
(d) The light was dim in the box. Herriot wasn't sure he could find a vein.
2. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
(a) An old horse.
(b) A patient, starving, yellow dog.
(c) All of the above.
(d) The bones of many cats.
3. Where did Herriot agree to go before returning home?
(a) To another surgery.
(b) The Club.
(c) To a meeting.
(d) To Colonel Bosworth's home.
4. What does Carmondy ask Herriot for?
(b) To stop quizzing him about diseases.
(c) A referral.
(d) Hands on experience.
5. Who is Granville Bennett?
(a) A very accomplished small animal vet in a nearby town.
(b) A local horse vet.
(c) A dangerously incompetent veterinarian nearby.
(d) An animal healer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
2. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
3. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
4. What characteristic caused Colonel Bosworth to treat his animals so well?
5. Why did it take so long for Herriot and Granville to reach the bar?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)