|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Mr. Bentley acting strangely?
(a) He was dressed in his pajamas to call on the vet.
(b) He was talking to Herriot through an imaginary telephone.
(c) He was crawling on his hands and knees.
(d) He did not respond to Herriot until Herriot began yelling.
2. What would Cliff do after he fought with his wife?
(a) Throw himself into his work.
(b) Disapear for a few days and return as if nothing had happened.
(c) Make her sleep outside.
(d) Go to the stables and spend the night with the horses.
3. What is husk, the first ailment that afflicted the Darby cattle?
(a) Small worms that get into the bronchial tubes.
(b) A deficiency caused by malnutrution.
(c) General symptoms of neglect.
(d) A virus spread through bad water.
4. How was Badger's death significant to Harland Grange?
(a) He was their only prized show horse.
(b) He was the only stallion.
(c) He was the last work horse.
(d) He was every worker's favorite horse.
5. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(b) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(c) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Herriot stop halfway through the lethal injection?
2. Who is Richard Edmundson?
3. What is Jock's favorite thing?
4. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
5. What does Herriot go to see Boris for?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)