|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of chapter 15, why is Siegfried especially touchy and cantankerous?
(a) He and Tristan had been fighting about finances.
(b) He has a toothache.
(c) He has just been forced to give up smoking for health reasons.
(d) He was unsuccesful treating a dog the day before and it died.
2. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
(a) The puppies are sold.
(b) He finds a short cut that makes him win.
(c) He stops chasing cars.
(d) He figures out he can outsmart the puppies.
3. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
(a) A wide array from Mynah birds to bulldogs to goldfish.
(b) A broad selection of dogs, mostly herding dogs.
(c) Dogs, cats, rabbits, and a fish.
(d) Dogs and cats.
4. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
(a) They catch a virus.
(b) They are chased by a dog.
(c) They go hungry.
(d) They drink contaminated water.
5. Why did Harry Sumner get Monty?
(a) Because something had been attacking his cows.
(b) Because he was for sale at the fair for almost nothing.
(c) To improve his herd.
(d) Monty was given to him because he was mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Zoe, Granville's wife?
2. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
3. What characteristic caused Colonel Bosworth to treat his animals so well?
4. Why was the conversation with Mr. Fryer frustrating for Herriot?
5. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)