|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Herriot with when they see the monk at night?
(a) Horace Dawson.
(d) Deputy Claude Blenkiron.
2. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(d) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
3. Which of the following best describes Zoe, Granville's wife?
(a) A quiet and subdued domestic wife.
(b) A radiant and independent beauty.
(c) A bitter and sarcastic older woman.
(d) A warm and welcoming home matron.
4. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) He is a very old dog.
(b) A stomach tumor.
(c) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
(d) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
5. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
(b) He fends for himself eating grass.
(c) The farmer feeds him.
(d) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
2. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
3. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
4. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
5. What holiday is Herriot about to celebrate in chapter twenty?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)