|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
(a) A rare virus.
(b) Copper deficiency.
(d) He still does not know.
2. Where do people report seeing the monk at night?
(a) Crossing the town square.
(b) On the moor.
(c) Walking in the hallways of the church.
(d) On a hill close to an old abbey.
3. What is husk, the first ailment that afflicted the Darby cattle?
(a) Small worms that get into the bronchial tubes.
(b) A virus spread through bad water.
(c) General symptoms of neglect.
(d) A deficiency caused by malnutrution.
4. After driving by the scene of the hauntings at night, what is Herriot surprised by when he returns to Skeldale house?
(a) Tristan dressed as a monk in his room.
(b) An unknown car parked in his spot in the garage.
(c) Tristan and Siegfried waiting up for him.
(d) Another sighting of the ghost that night.
5. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
(a) They go hungry.
(b) They are chased by a dog.
(c) They drink contaminated water.
(d) They catch a virus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
2. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
3. Which of the following could be used to describe Granville Bennett?
4. What did Herriot like most about having students shadow him?
5. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)