|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
(a) The birth of a new lamb.
(b) The sight of a cow he saved the year before.
(c) A taste of Mrs Ingledew's pie.
(d) The farmer's hearty welcome and thanks.
2. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
(a) A Corn-cobb pipe.
(b) A tin can.
(c) Mr. Kirby's summer drawers.
(d) A mass of shredded newspaper.
3. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
(b) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
4. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
(a) He figures out he can outsmart the puppies.
(b) He finds a short cut that makes him win.
(c) He stops chasing cars.
(d) The puppies are sold.
5. How does Carmondy get dragged?
(a) Holding onto the car when the brakes give out.
(b) He falls of a horse.
(c) He tries to catch a sheep.
(d) Holding onto a roped steer by himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Herriot uneasy about taking a blood sample from Monty?
2. What was wrong with Harry Sumner's young bull?
3. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
4. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
5. Where do people report seeing the monk at night?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)