|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granville Bennett do for Herriot?
(a) Agree to hand over a patient that needed to be hospitalized.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Recommend him to a local farmer.
(d) Operate on an old spaniel in delicate condition.
2. How does Carmondy get dragged?
(a) He falls of a horse.
(b) Holding onto a roped steer by himself.
(c) Holding onto the car when the brakes give out.
(d) He tries to catch a sheep.
3. Why did it take so long for Herriot and Granville to reach the bar?
(a) Granville kept running into people he knew.
(b) Harriot kept trying to steer Granville away.
(c) Their were tables and chairs in their way.
(d) The crowd was too large.
4. What odd tools did Mr. Ross require to fix the animal?
(a) Carrots and the mother's milk.
(b) Ginger root and hot water.
(c) A step ladder and a ten foot rope.
(d) Sugar, a bottle, and a pig stool.
5. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
(a) The laughter of children.
(b) The sound of a choir singing,
(c) The barking of the neighbor's dog.
(d) The ringing of bells.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
2. Why did Harry say that Monty was ungrateful?
3. Who is Herriot with when they see the monk at night?
4. Why does Mrs. Bond ask Herriot not to bring Tristan back?
5. What does Herriot go to see Boris for?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)