|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
(a) None of the above.
(b) She died giving birth.
(c) She rejected him at birth.
(d) His mother is sickly and the farmer removed him.
2. Who is Granville Bennett?
(a) A very accomplished small animal vet in a nearby town.
(b) A dangerously incompetent veterinarian nearby.
(c) An animal healer.
(d) A local horse vet.
3. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
(a) The sight of a cow he saved the year before.
(b) A taste of Mrs Ingledew's pie.
(c) The farmer's hearty welcome and thanks.
(d) The birth of a new lamb.
4. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
(a) A Corn-cobb pipe.
(b) A mass of shredded newspaper.
(c) Mr. Kirby's summer drawers.
(d) A tin can.
5. What would Cliff do after he fought with his wife?
(a) Throw himself into his work.
(b) Make her sleep outside.
(c) Disapear for a few days and return as if nothing had happened.
(d) Go to the stables and spend the night with the horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the conversation with Mr. Fryer frustrating for Herriot?
2. How did Mr. Partridge react to the mob of dogs?
3. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
4. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
5. What do Granville and Herriot do while waiting for Dinah to wake up?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)