|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) He is a very old dog.
(b) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
(c) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
(d) A stomach tumor.
2. What do Helen and Herriot need that he is designated to pick up at house sales?
(a) Decor for the walls.
(b) Antiques to give as gifts.
(c) Basics for the house like chairs and rugs.
3. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
(a) The ponies wouldn't stand still to be measured.
(b) The ground was too uneven to measure well.
(c) Herriot had to catch each pony to measure it.
(d) Owners tried to convince Herriot the ponies were a different size.
4. What was Colonel Bosworth's reason for seeing Herriot?
(a) His rabbit, Duchess was attacked by dogs.
(b) His collie, Sam was injured in a fight.
(c) His terrior, Emmit was not eating.
(d) His cat, Maudie was struck by a car.
5. Which of the following best describes Zoe, Granville's wife?
(a) A radiant and independent beauty.
(b) A warm and welcoming home matron.
(c) A quiet and subdued domestic wife.
(d) A bitter and sarcastic older woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was wrong with Mr. Thwaite's cow?
2. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
3. Why didn't Herriot refuse the refills of whiskey and food?
4. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
5. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)