|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Herriot with when they see the monk at night?
(b) Deputy Claude Blenkiron.
(c) Horace Dawson.
2. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
(a) Dandelion, turnips, and cowslip.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Rhubarb, elderflower, blackberry, and parsnip,
(d) Parsely, clover, gooseberry, bettroot, and crabapple.
3. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To play with a pack of dogs.
(b) To sleep in the sunshine.
(c) To teach puppies to run.
(d) To chase cars.
4. Who is Marmaduke "Duke" Skelton?
(a) Mr. Thwaite's cousin from the city.
(b) A retired veterinarian.
(c) A local animal healer.
(d) An experienced old farmer.
5. In the beginning of chapter 15, why is Siegfried especially touchy and cantankerous?
(a) He was unsuccesful treating a dog the day before and it died.
(b) He and Tristan had been fighting about finances.
(c) He has a toothache.
(d) He has just been forced to give up smoking for health reasons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were dogs flocking to Mr. Partridge's house?
2. What does Granville Bennett do for Herriot?
3. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
4. Why does Herriot get ill while waiting for Dinah with Granville?
5. Why didn't Herriot refuse the refills of whiskey and food?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)