|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Herriot like most about having students shadow him?
(a) He enjoyed having someone to give the dirtier jobs to,
(b) Quizzing them on veterinary knowledge.
(c) Being amused by their lack of experience.
(d) He liked asking them about new advances in animal medicine.
2. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) The extreme cold.
(b) The mud.
(c) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(d) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
3. Mr. Ross is upset and wants to leave the Thwaite farm when he hears what news?
(a) His wife has gone missing.
(b) The goat died on the operating table.
(c) Marmaduke is in the barn treating the cow.
(d) Herriot has an urgent call and has to leave.
4. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To sleep in the sunshine.
(b) To chase cars.
(c) To teach puppies to run.
(d) To play with a pack of dogs.
5. What condition are the second group of young cows in that Herriot goes to see at the Dalby farm?
(a) Robust and energetic.
(b) Coughing uncontrallably.
(c) Clearly very sick and thin,
(d) Lethargic and feverish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
2. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
3. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
4. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
5. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)