|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Harry Sumner get Monty?
(a) Because something had been attacking his cows.
(b) To improve his herd.
(c) Monty was given to him because he was mean.
(d) Because he was for sale at the fair for almost nothing.
2. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
(a) She tells him not to pester people by offering it.
(b) She is offended and leaves.
(c) She encourages Herriot to try some of everything.
(d) She warns Herriot that it is terrible.
3. What has Mr. Kitson decided to do with the dying ewe in the corner?
(a) Do everything he can to save her.
(b) Butcher her that evening.
(c) Let her "take her chances" and see if she lives or dies.
(d) Call the knackerman.
4. After all the horses were gone from Harland Grange, what animal replaced them?
5. Why did it take so long for Herriot and Granville to reach the bar?
(a) Harriot kept trying to steer Granville away.
(b) The crowd was too large.
(c) Granville kept running into people he knew.
(d) Their were tables and chairs in their way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Helen and Herriot need that he is designated to pick up at house sales?
2. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
3. After driving by the scene of the hauntings at night, what is Herriot surprised by when he returns to Skeldale house?
4. What was wrong with Mr. Thwaite's cow?
5. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)