|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mr. Kitson decided to do with the dying ewe in the corner?
(a) Do everything he can to save her.
(b) Call the knackerman.
(c) Butcher her that evening.
(d) Let her "take her chances" and see if she lives or dies.
2. What happened to Badger?
(a) He was retired from plowing and died of old age.
(b) He developed lockjaw.
(c) He broke his leg jumping a fence.
(d) He went blind.
3. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(d) A veterinary student.
4. How did Mr. Partridge react to the mob of dogs?
(a) He treated them as his own.
(b) He cried when they wouldn't leave him alone.
(c) He beat them back with a stick.
(d) He yelled songs to drown out the howls.
5. What was wrong with Mr. Thwaite's cow?
(a) She had a broken leg.
(b) She calf was stillborn.
(c) She had a severe copper deficiency .
(d) She delivered her uterus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
2. Why did Harry Sumner get Monty?
3. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
4. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
5. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)