|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
(a) They drink contaminated water.
(b) They catch a virus.
(c) They go hungry.
(d) They are chased by a dog.
2. After driving by the scene of the hauntings at night, what is Herriot surprised by when he returns to Skeldale house?
(a) An unknown car parked in his spot in the garage.
(b) Another sighting of the ghost that night.
(c) Tristan dressed as a monk in his room.
(d) Tristan and Siegfried waiting up for him.
3. How many cats does Mrs. Bond keep?
(a) Three indoor cats and three outdoor cats.
(b) Many many cats both indoors and out.
(c) Only Boris.
(d) One indoor cat and five outdoor cats.
4. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
(a) The birth of a new lamb.
(b) A taste of Mrs Ingledew's pie.
(c) The farmer's hearty welcome and thanks.
(d) The sight of a cow he saved the year before.
5. Mr. Ross is upset and wants to leave the Thwaite farm when he hears what news?
(a) His wife has gone missing.
(b) Marmaduke is in the barn treating the cow.
(c) Herriot has an urgent call and has to leave.
(d) The goat died on the operating table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
2. What is husk, the first ailment that afflicted the Darby cattle?
3. Where was Percy's tumor?
4. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
5. What was wrong with Harry Sumner's young bull?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)