|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Ben Ashby rethink getting a closer look at Harry Sumner's heifer?
(a) Ben has arthritus and couldn't make it over the fence.
(b) Herriot advised him not to.
(c) No one wanted to go with him into the pasture.
(d) Monty, Harry Sumner's bull.
2. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Rhubarb, elderflower, blackberry, and parsnip,
(c) Dandelion, turnips, and cowslip.
(d) Parsely, clover, gooseberry, bettroot, and crabapple.
3. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
(a) He gets bitten, but completes the examination.
(b) He manages to examine Clancy with the help of three men.
(c) He completes the examination without a problem.
(d) Not at all.
4. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
(b) Copper deficiency.
(c) A rare virus.
(d) He still does not know.
5. How many cats does Mrs. Bond keep?
(a) One indoor cat and five outdoor cats.
(b) Many many cats both indoors and out.
(c) Only Boris.
(d) Three indoor cats and three outdoor cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
2. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
3. How did Mr. Partridge react to the mob of dogs?
4. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
5. After all the horses were gone from Harland Grange, what animal replaced them?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)